Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Benny Chan II

Lady Zhuge, not sure what series or movie he is filming now, but seems like we will be seeing him more in Taiwanese/China productions. No news about him in a TVB series

Buffy sis!! Visiting the forum once in a while now? Yay. Lol, yeah I got my username from that serise, but then again I would have thought of this username even if the series wasn't released out with it. Lol, or not

Greenie, you didn't know that I got my username from that serise? Hehe, lucky I did or I would have gone with Pearl Princess2007. Hehe, anyone know why for that now?

I found Benny really cute in GOH at the part where he became a lotus person Some fo the things that happened just amused me deeply, lol.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

u kno, truth be told i never really liked benny at first, b/c when i saw that it was him that played the monkey in jtw II, i was kinda pissed, b/c it felt like he "stole" dicky's part (which he DID NOT, i kno, its just hard to blame ur fave actor u kno?? but i get it now. it was dicky's fault, not benny's.) but after watching him in dragon love, i totally changed my opinion of him. i think he goes on my fave actor list now!! haha ok just thought i'd share that.

Yeah, I liked him in "Dragon Love" too but "DGSD97" is still my favorite role of his.

Yup, I was disappointed too when I realized that Benny was the Monkey King instead of Dicky after watching the first episode of JTTWII. But even though he didn't portray the role as well as Dicky did I think he was okay. I guess he's best starring in scholarly roles.

my mom thought he looks very childish/immature ("yao zhi") in dragon love... lol iono i thought he was cute there.

Yeah, he does have a bit of a baby face but still cute. I didn't think he looked childish in "Dragon Love" either.

I miss Benny!!!!!! Why can't he appear in more TVB series now!!! Anyways I'm looking forward to some of his Taiwanese serise if they ever get released out!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Miss seeing him in TVB series too. What Taiwanese series is he starring in?

May I bring the topic back up again? Down to the second page, what a tragic event!!!

I have no idea what Taiwanese (did I spell that right, I don't know lol) series he's in...I'm only in touch with the TVB world. axt, do you watch other series besides TVB? I'm completely used to watching people in my own LANGUAGE...so I wouldn't like dubbed versions..like in HZGGI and II, the dubbed did not sound anything like Vicky's sweet voice
    Today is the tommorow you worried about yesterday.
    Check out my site: greeniceflower.net

Hi greeniceflower!!!

Seems like Benny's forum has been very, very quiet lately. Glad you decided to join again.

Actually I usually watch TVB only because it seems like their series are more fast paced and interesting and I like the actors and actress better. Lately I've been trying other productions because some of my favorite actors and actress are starring in them. But I end up not finishing the series because they aren't too interesting. In the past I watched part of series from other productions because my family used to rent them but I never really watch them.

So, I'm pretty much a TVB fan. Even though their series have been getting worse and they've been promoting people that don't deserve it, I still continue to watch. I'm waiting for them to produce something good like they used too.

Yeah, I agree with you axt. I also want to give hope that one day, TVB would realize what kind of people they're promoting! Also, the increase in actresses leads to a shortage of actors...geez, I'm glad some left to pursue their education, or else there would be even more actresses brimming up, with the bad ones at the top.

I want to punch one of them, together, one day, if they don't realize what it takes to get good series (like promoting people like Benny and Annie) we'll take over TVB and break records!! With with...the whole Hong Kong watching!

Okay, I got a bit dramatic there, but better dreaming than just...sitting here so let's plot...lol j/k I'll stop that and back to Benny I'm not acting like myself now, maybe because of my disappointment that the tvb anniversary isn't the same without seeing Annie, (I don't even know if she was THERE!!! I didn't see her at all!!!) Benny, (now he's really not here), and Ada. The three that I love the most were not there...it was kind of weird for me.

Hey everyone
    Hehe, yea the Benny thread has been really quiet, but we have to revive it by talking more!!!! I'm not quite sure yet, but here is a picture of Benny in the taiwanese series "Liu Zhi Qin Mo" otherwise known as "Six Finger Demon of Lute".

Others in the picture with him are Ning Jing, Xi Mei Zi, and Chang Cheng. Lol, hopefully I got the names right
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/82/12/Img214671282.jpg')

And here is our wonderful Benny in the air
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/2003-10-22/1_28-3-326-686_20031022101130.jpg')

Thyen there is this really cute picture of Benny with Xi Mei Zi (kimiko) who pairs with him
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/goddess2007/BennyKimiko.bmp')

Pics are taken from yule.sohu.com
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Here is some information on the series. *Credit to RoadRunner at tvseriesfans.com*

Character/Cast

Xue Mei aka "6 fingered demon of Lute"---------played by Ning Jing
    Fu Yun-Jun----------played by Nicky Wu
    Lu Lin---------played by Benny Chan
    Dong Fang-Bai------------played by Chang Cheng
    Tan Yue-Hua--------------played by Kimiko
    Lu Teng-Kong----------played by Gao Feng
    Xi Meng Yi-Niang-------------played by Zhang Yan-Bing
    Qi Fu-----------played by Shi Fan-Xi
    Han Yu-Xia----------played by Gao Si
    Ghost servant---------played by Li Qin-long
    Duan Mu-Hong---------played by Zhao Yun
    Firece Fire Founder-------played by Lu Yong
    Fire wind nun---------played by Wang Xin-Fen
    Saint of ghost-------played by Duan Qiu-Xu
    He Qing Hua---------played by Liu Xue-Fei
    Ci-Lai Monk----------played by Zhou Nan
    Han Xun----------played by Yu Jian-guo
    Sheng Cai--------played by Wei Wei

Total episode: 35 ------- Viet version should have then 26 or so tapes. (hehe, my own calculations, might not be accurate)

Story:
    There's a weepful melody coming from a lake where A boat is floating on the water, and the melody seems to be re-telling a bloody story that happened 16 years ago.........in order to steal the "demoniac lute", 6 renown sects surrounded Xue Mei's home. Xue Mei(played by Ning Jing) saw her parents slaughtered, and her little brother Xiao Lin(played by Benny Chan) missing in this midst of killing; Xue Mei carried the "demoniac lute" running toward a deep valley.

16 years later on this same day is "Tian Hu" head Lu Teng-Kong's(played by Gao Feng) day to retire. A mysterious person requests a guarding-transport to be done and the condition is to have Lu Teng conveying a box personally, delivering it to "Han Xun" home in Su-Zhou.

Lu Lin(played by Benny Chan), the young master of "Tian Hu" guarding-transport agency is a driven young man who deceived his parents to accept this business to deliver the box but unbeknwonst to him, the "demoniac lute" lies inside this box.

"demoniac ute" appears in the world once again, many skilled martial art swordsmen have already attempted to steal this box. Lu Teng-Kong and Xi Meng Yi-Niang(played by Gao Feng and Zhang Yan-Bing) order Lu Lin continuing to transport the box while they fight off trespassers. The eldest disciple of "Fierce fire" sect Yue Hua(played by Kimiko) disguises as Lu Lin, asking "Ghost-servant"(played by Li Qin-Long) to steal the fake box while she toys and entraps Lu Lin. In the critical moment, "6 fingered demon of lute" appears helping Lu Lin to steal the box back. On the journey together, Yue Hua falls in love for Lu Lin.

"Ghost servant" returns to "Ghost Palace" to open the box but to find out that the "demoniac lute" is a fake. Thus, "saint of ghost"(played by Duan Qiu-Xu) yells in rage.

Lu Lin meet with Lu Teng-Kong and Xi Meng Yi-Niang delivering the box to "Han Xu" Home. Han Xu and Han Yu-Xia(played by Yu Jian-Guo and Gao Si respectively) accepts the package but discover that the box contains their young master Han Ping's head. So, all of them start fighting each other and Xi Meng Yi-niang dies due to injury. However, all of them realize there's a 6 digits hand print on the box so they all decide to ask "Mr. 6 digits" to get a better understanding of the matter.

Every sect gather together at "Fairy peak" to find "Mr. 6 digit" already dead. Han Ping's head, Left-and-Right Guards, Black-and-White's corpses are already giving everyone an entanglement that's difficult to solve. Then they all start fighting one another due to their own selfish reasons, and Lu Lin arrives a moment later at the peak to find his parents lifeless, thus Lu Lin is overwhelmed by their deaths.

At this time, "Sky Dragon 8 tunes" jangles and "6 fingered demon of lute" is indeed the player. Yue Hua recognizes her as the person who aids Lu Lin to transport the box, causing uproars and fighting from people in each sect. Lu Lin understood that he is used so he hates the "6 fingered demon of lute". "6 fingered demon of Lute" says she is the daughter of Wang Dong, called Xue Mei. Her purpose to cause a bloodbath among the 6 renown sects is to overthrow the martial world's order avenging her parents death. The strength of "Sky Dragon 8 tunes" is so powerful that there is countless deaths on "Fairy Peak". During her fight with Lu Lin, Xue Mei recognizes Lu Lin's birthmark and realizes Lu Lin is her long lost brother. Thus, she carries her lute running away.

Because each sect wants to get rid of "6 fingered demon of lute", they recommend Dong Fang-Bai(played by Chang Cheng) as the martial alliance leader. Xue Mei let Lu Lin know about the cause of their parents' death explicitly but Lu Lin doesn't believe her, accusing her as the murderer who kills his parents instead. Lu Lin asks to be Dong Fang-Bai's disciples, working hard to learn kung-fu and vowing to make a revenge on Xue Mei. "Fierce Fire Founder" and "saint of ghost"(played by Lu Yong and Duan Qiu-Xu) attack "6 fingered demon of lute" together, getting Xue Mei wounded and Lu Lin happens to encounter her at a wounded state, but Lu Lin let her go because his humaneness doesn't allow him to kill her. When every sect learns about Lu Lin letting Xue Mei go, they all acknowledge that Lu Lin is "6 fingered demon of Lute"'s biological brother. In order to prove that Lu Lin is unrelated to "6 fingered demon of Lute", they compel Lu Lin to get the head of "6 fingered demon of Lute". Dong Fang-Bai murders "Saint of Ghost" and frames "6 fingered demon of Lute" for this, so Lu Lin hates Xue Mei even more.

"6 fingered demon of Lute" meets with Dong Fang-Bai, and Dong Fang-Bai expresses candidly that it's difficult to resolve his history with Wang Dong.

Scholor Yun Jun(played by Nicky Wu) who guards the lute has always advised Xue Mei in earnest to discard the demoniac lute, to forget her plan to revenge. Since things are getting ugly, while he worries over Xue Mei may be controlled by the demoniac lute once again, Yun Jun uses all his might to dismantle the demoniac lute and dying after using all his power. Xue Mei painfully grieves over Yun Jun's death.

"Fierce Fire Founder" investigates Dong Fang-Bai's conspiracy so Dong Fang-Bai hunts "Fierce Fire Founder" down to kill him. Yue Hua implores for mercy for her master so Dong Fang-Bai destroys "Firece Fire Founder"'s kung fu instead of killing "Firece Fire founder", compelling Yue Hua to marry him and imprisoning "Firece Fire founder" in a jail simultaneously. Dong Fang-Bai wants to exterminate "6 fingered demon of Lute" with Lu Lin. Xue Mei doesn't want to harm Lu Lin so she doesn't use the demoniac lute, hence injured by them once again.

"Ghost Servant" rescues Yue Hua and they reveal Dong Fang-Bai's conspiracy. Lu Lin attacks Dong Fang-bai with Yue Hua, "Ghost Servant" and Xue Mei, but all of them are injured by Dong Fang-bai with Dong Fang-Bai getting ahold of the demoniac lute.

What's the fate of Xue Mei and Lu Lin's brother and sister life? Will the bloody history of the demoniac lute vanish from now on?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Here is a picture of Benny and Suzanne (main stars) in Benny's other taiwanese serise "Holding Hands Towards Tomorrow"

Li Xin Lan (portrayed by Suzanne Xiao Shu Shen)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lunardreamz.fateback.com/synopses/pics/cast/hhtt/hhtt01.jpg')
    Zhang Jun Hua (portrayed by Benny Chan Ho Man)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lunardreamz.fateback.com/synopses/pics/cast/hhtt/hhtt02.jpg')

For more info on the characters check out this site
    http://lunardreamz.fateback.com/syno...t/hhttcast.htm

It also has an english summary of the serise. Credit to the site for the pics above
    Last edited by goddessofhonour; 11-20-03 at 08:37 PM.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Here are some pictures of Benny in "Holding Hands To Tomorrow"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pgm.ttv.com.tw/drama/2003/Tomorrow/images/stageP29.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pgm.ttv.com.tw/drama/2003/Tomorrow/images/stageP24.jpg')

Benny with Suzanne
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pgm.ttv.com.tw/drama/2003/Tomorrow/images/stageP28.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pgm.ttv.com.tw/drama/2003/Tomorrow/images/stageP27.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pgm.ttv.com.tw/drama/2003/Tomorrow/images/stageP26.jpg')
    (Benny looks funny in here )
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pgm.ttv.com.tw/drama/2003/Tomorrow/images/stageP16.jpg')

Pictures are taken from teh official homepage :
    http://pgm.ttv.com.tw/drama/2003/Tomorrow/W-index.html

Also I would like to thank creidesca for providing this information at tvseriesfans.com
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Two more
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ttv.com.tw/HomeV2/TTVInfo/ShowInfoImg.asp?ID=1214')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ttv.com.tw/HomeV2/TTVInfo/ShowInfoImg.asp?ID=1114')
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi greeniceflower! Yup, I'm glad too that some of the actresses decided to pursue the education. Weren't most of them from the pageant? Don't get too upset about the anniversary, there's always next year and the next and so on. Maybe some of the artists that weren't on stage were in the audience.

Hey goddessofhonour! Thanks for all the pictures and info. "Liu Zhi Qin Mo" seems like one of those, how would I say it, I guess kind of a fantasy or mythical type of series, right? So Benny is starring in two taiwanese series? Wonder when he's going to return to TVB? Hmm, I don't really like his hair in "Liu Zhi Qin Mo."

I'm quite opposite, I liked his hair in the first series! I won't watch the series, but glad to know that Benny's well, hehe. Wow, is the actor thread that active? Benny keeps falling to the second page!

I really do hope that he would come back to TVB soon...maybe pair up with Annie and make even more fans since there were SO many and it was just one series...geez hehe.

Hello, axt, I think most of them were in the pageant, yes. Since it's a certain age that you get to enter, you kind of have to go to Miss Hong Kong and then go back to college (those who speak good English lol) ...but some do pursue their careers of acting. I wish they were forced to go to acting school...but I heard Sonija went to acting school!!! I didn't know that!

Okay okay...geez, I need to start talking more about Benny instead of changing the subject, hehe.

Hey Axt and Greenie!!!!!

No problem Axt. Glad to post them up, I was wondering what was going on with Benny anyways Hmmm...I'm not quite sure. From waht I know I don't think its really too much of a fantasy or mythical. Sorta more like plain action and long time searching type of thing. Hehe, for some reason when I think of this seires I think about Nicky's Treasure Raiders and also Jimmy and Alec's Legendary Siblings. Could be of the storyline then. Well so far Benny has starred in more then 2 Taiwanese series, I think about 4 or 5 now. Six Finger Demon of Lute is still filming I think while Secretly in Love with You and Holding Hands Toward Tomorrow is done and should be released in viet sometime. Have no clue when he plans on doing a TVB seires. I do hope soon cause it feels strange having him elsewhere!!!

Lol Greenie!! Yup, more on Benny. Less on others!!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I really have nothing much to talk about Benny. After all, I probably watched the least series of him in the thread. Never watched his debut series so I basically have nothing to do but to change the subject unintentionally. Yes, to you it would seem strange huh? You watch Taiwanese series too, right? Do you watch basically series of all languages?

Yep, it felt weird when Benny and especially Ada were not there. I just felt diappointment when I didn't see Annie..not even a glimpse. This year seems so weird...it just feels right to have Ada, Kenix, Mariane, Jessica, and...probably Flora. Hey...I'm not changing the subject TOO much, right? Hehe

Hi everyone!!!

Are you serious greeniceflower, Sonija went to acting school?!?! No way!!! Her acting isn't too swell and she hasn't even improved after so many series. Gosh, I am so shocked. Yeah, I agree they all should go to acting school before appearing in a series.

I hope Benny pairs up with Annie again too.

Didn't he have his hair like that in "Whatever It Takes?" Well, I never really liked it like that, I always thought he looked kind of weird. I prefer the hair he had in "DGSD96."

It's okay to change the subject. There's not much to talk about Benny anyways, since we haven't seen him in a series lately.

I don't think I am going to watch the Taiwanese series either. They sound interesting but I don't think I want to try another Taiwan series or other production. Gosh I actually finished "Voyage of Emperor Qian Long" and it wasn't a very good series.

Are you talking about TVB anniversary again greeniceflower? Seems to me as though the way this award show is organized and set up isn't very fair.
    Last edited by botan; 11-25-03 at 05:04 PM.