Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Benny Chan II

Is dark tales the one with all them different stories?

Yup, Dark Tales is a series made up of different stories about mythical things, ghosts, etc.

I just came across an article about Benny on the site "TVBspace News Round Up" and thought I would share it with you guys.

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20040304-ul-15.jpg')

Benny Chan hosted a show introducing crocodiles and urging everyone to protect the wild animals. He will be heading back to Taiwan today to film another series "Love in the Clouds" where he plays a youth from a rural village who becomes a pilot. He will soon be heading out to Zhuhai to film some flying scenes as well as filming on location in Hawaii, with total filming lasting around three months. Afterwards, he will be heading into the mainland for another series and so he will not be in Hong Kong for a while and not returning to TVB until next year at the earliest.

He says: "TVB had hoped that I could return this year to film another series, but I think it will be next year before I can accommodate it. (Are you not afraid you will become forgotten in Hong Kong?) That is why I must return to TVB next year." Talking of always being away, he is not afraid this will affect his romance? Benny laughs: "Not at all, I have checked and I still have strong ties with all my friends. The saying goes that 'Men should reach far and wide', those men who always talk about emotions are not very masculine. Anyway I am at a mature age now and I should be utilising all the experiences I have gathered over the years."

Has he called girlfriend Charmaine Sheh over Valentines Day? Benny shakes his head and laughs as he says: "No, I just called my sister, my mother and some old friends. I have not known Charmaine for very long. (Is it that your relationship is stable so you don't need to call each other?) I am stable with all my friends, there are no waves." However, he does admit that he has met with Charmaine on this trip back to Hong Kong and they have been for a meal together.

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Thanks axt for the news!!!! Oh, thats nice to hear that Benny is promoting the protection of wildlife and all that!!! Dang it!!! So not until another year will we be able to see him in a TVB series? If so then some of his Taiwanese serise better start coming out soon!!! I can't wait to see more of Benny!! Hehe, I will diffinately not forget about him!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddessofhonour, your welcome . I totally forgot about the article I posted. What an awful jacket he is wearing. Yeah, it's too bad he won't be returning to TVB for another year . Miss seeing him in TVB series. I can't believe those Charmaine rumors are still going on. Are they really dating?
    Last edited by botan; 04-04-04 at 05:17 AM.

Hey again axt

Hehehe, if you hadn't mentioned about the jacket, I would have forgotten about it!! Lol, it looks.....hmmm....flowery. Lol, thats the best word for it that I can come up with. If tht is even a word

Anyways, I have no clue with Charmaine and Benny. Nothing seems to be really confirmed so in the mean time I'm sticking to the idea that he is single
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey goddessofhonour!!!

LOL, flowery is a good word to describe Benny's jacket. I've never realized if flowery is an actual word, I've always used that word when I see something with a lot of floral patterns.

Yeah, it's seems as though sometimes the media is making up stories about Charm and Benny and sometimes not. I was just curious since these rumors have been going for a while now.

I haven't heard much news on Benny, I wonder what's he up to. I should go dig up some news sometime. Have you watched any of his series lately?

Hmm, couldn't find much news on Benny, there aren't many websites about him. I just came across a Benny forum and someone said he will be in a new series with Michelle Yip. Not sure if this is true though, I couldn't find any further info on it or any pictures. I copied and pasted the info below.

English Title: Following A Hero's Shadow (direct translation)
    Chinese Title: Ping Chung Hup Ying

Cast:
    Benny Chan
    Michelle Yip

News:
    TVB has bought the copyright of "Ping Chung Hup Ying", this story talks about when the Mongolians invaded the Ming Dynasty, the two religions' hatred of the countries and families, the leads are to be Benny Chan and Michelle Ye until further notice of any possible changes.

Credits: Michelle's Forum, laser, Little_Purple_Bell

NOTE: Filming date has NOT been confirmed yet. Please wait for further details

Hey there axt!!!

Lol, even if flowery isn't a word, it is now to us Yeah, all these rumors and all. Every stars has rumors surrounding them, can't believe everything until the stars clearify and all that. I guess the mystery of Charmaine and Benny won't be clear for a while

Hehe, thanks for finding the news there!! I think I read about this serie at tvseriesfans. Gosh, seems like Michelle is restarring with a lot of the same artists. I wish that Benny would star in as many series with Annie Man as he does with Michelle!!! hehe. I would like to see Benny star with Myolie Wu sometime

Haven't seen any series of Benny lately since nothing new. I was thinking of renting some of his serie that I haven't seen yet, but at the moment I'm hooked on Jessica Husan's series!!! hehehe There are so many series with her and everyone looks good!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddessofhonour!!!

No problem about the news but you already know about it anyways, so it wasn't really new then . Same here, I wish Benny can star in as many series with Annie as Michelle. The pairing of Benny of Myolie would be something new and interesting.

I haven't seen any Benny series either, I think I've seen most of the ones I think are interesting. Any interesting Jessica series? Right now I'm hooked on Julian Cheung's series. I've been watching several of his series one after another. He's really cute and is a very good actor and singer .
    Last edited by botan; 04-07-04 at 04:03 PM.

Hi Hi again!!!

Gosh where has everyone gone? I've gotta go find some Benny fans to post in here with us!!!

Hehe, doesn't really matter. You get credit for looking up the news and posting it Wouldn't that be great if Benny and Annie can star in more series together? I would love for that to happen. Hehe, I'm going to keep my hopes up for the Benny and Myolie pairing.

Yeah, same here. His recent releases are the taiwanese ones and they don't look to good at all. Like the emperor Can Long one with Charmaine. My cousin liked it a lot though.

Intersting Jessica series? They are all pretty good, but seems like a lot her roles in earlier series aren't that great. Her character is sorta annoying in a few. I've been watching Jessica in Class of Distinction, Outburst, and A Good Match From Heaven. My favorite would be Outburst I think

Julian Cheung huh? At the moment I'm over him, hehe. I've never really liked him a lot before, but I saw him in the commercial for Cold Blood Warm Heart with Jessica and he looks really cute and dashing!!!!!! Its funny how all of a sudden I like him a lot!!! I'm planning on getting that serial to watch. Have you seen it? What series are you watching of him now? The most recent release of his is Palm of Ru Lai and I haven't rented it yet, probably will later this week though
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi there!!!

Yeah, I wonder where everyone has gone. This forum is so quiet. Even the Annie thread is quiet. Yeah, we should try to bring in more Benny fans to this thread.

Yes that would be really great if we could see more Benny and Annie . But Benny doesn't plan to return to TVB until next year .

Did you ever decide to watch Emperor Qian Long? I didn't like that series too much. Hardly got to see Benny. Ack, I'm getting sick of Charmaine.

I've never heard of these Jessica series. What is Outburst about and who else is in it? Yeah, it seemed like Jessica's earlier roles were a bit annoying. Just like in CBWH, beware of her character, she's a little pathetic in that series. Even though I loved the pairing of her and Julian but I didn't like her character too much.

Better to become a fan of Julian late than never I guess . I actually have started a few episodes of the Palm of Ru Lai and so far it's okay but too much computer effects. I haven't decided if I should continue that series though. Even if I do decide to watch I'm going to wait until spring term is over and then finish it.
    Last edited by botan; 04-07-04 at 09:03 PM.

Hey!!!!!

Lol, its a two person conversation now. But thats better then having a one person conversation. I remember how I used to have that a lot Lets go on a search for more fans and pull them on in!!! I know, Annie's thread is quieter then usually!!!

I guess its still good that Benny is returning to TVB!!! I really can't imagine him at another company. TVB is his home!! hehe. Maybe when he returns, he can pair with Annie for a main?

Nope, I didn't rent that series. It just looked really bad and uninteresting. So you watched it? I don't like Charmiane a lot and during the releasing of the series there was a lot of other Charmaine series that I just finished watching so was extremely sick of seeing her.

These Jessica series that I'm watching are really old!!! They were released in 94 to 96. Somewhere in those years. Hehe, I'm going to open a thread for Outburst later, but here is a little info on it first. Outburst is a cop/detective serial starring Jessica Husan, Deric Wan, Lawrence Ng, and etc. Its like every other detective serial, there aer cases and then they get solved Gosh, I know I'm going to dislike her in CBWH, but Julian can make up for it

Hehe, you have a point. Late is better then never at all. Hmmm...maybe I'll rent the first few tapes. I think its released out to tape 10 or something already. Will think about it.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi!!!

Yeah, a two person conversation is better than one. One person conversation just happened to me recently in the Remembrance thread. I was practically the only person and was rambling to myself. There was no one to discuss the series with me .

Yeah, it's good that Benny is still with TVB, I don't really like watching Taiwan series.

Yup, I watch Emperor Qian Long, only because I was bored and my sister lent it to me to watch. I didn't think watching Charmaine would be that bad. Actually she was okay in the series because she hardly had screen, the supporting cast had the most time. I just finished Point of No Return and after watching that I am completely sick of her. I'm definately going to avoid all her series now.

That's okay that the Jessica series are old. The Julian series I just finished are old too and were released during the early and mid 90's too. Outburst sounds like an interesting series. I will check it out when I have a chance to watch series.

Chao

Lol, I'm running out of different ways to say hi in english so moving on to another lanuage!! Hehe, I would go chat with you in the Rememberence thread, but I never saw the serial before. What is it about? hehe, maybe this could be a way to get me in the thread. Just ask millions of questions

I watch practically all series, but seems like a lot of productions that Benny stars in outside of TVB just don't stand out to me. Yeah, many people have said the main casts get more screen time in Emperor Qiang Long. I guess its good that I didn't rent the serial then since the only person I wanted to see was Benny I didn't see Point of No Return. Well I saw bits and parts of it since my uncle promised to let me borrow it, but he forgot and only gave me the ending....

I'm addicted to watching older series now. They seem to be much better then the more recent releases, but lately a lot of the new serise are pretty good Yes, if you get a chance do see Outburst. As for me, I'll try to see if i can get Rememberence
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hello!!!

Yeah, maybe you can watch it and discuss it with me . How nice of you but you don't have to if you're not interested in the series . Remembrance is a mob/love story set in Shanghai. The series stars Julian Cheung, Kenix Kwok, and David Siu (I think). It's a pretty good series, a must watch for all Julian fans, except if you don't like mob stories with lots of shooting then it's not recommended. Julian was very handsome in the series . If your interested, a member had posted the cover and some screen caps of the series in the TVB forum, so you can check that out.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend Emperor Qian Long. Also, I wouldn't recommended PONR either. The beginning of that series was pretty good but the middle and ending was bad. Julian's character become pathetic and then Charmaine's character became annoying. And then the whole series became draggy and pointless after the middle. I totally think Annie would of fit the role of Charmaine better and would have done a better job portraying the character. I think I wouldn't dislike the series as much if Annie was in it instead.

I like the older series more too, I agree they seem more interesting than the newer ones. I also like the casting better in the old ones. I'll try to get a hold of Outburst when I get a chance to go the video store.

What series are you currently watching, anything interesting?
    Last edited by botan; 04-10-04 at 12:05 AM.

Hey there now!!!

I'm starting to fall for Julian now!!! hehehe, do think I will rent the series sometime later on. Maybe after CBWH Oooohhhhh, Kenix Kwok is in here too? This is making me more intersted in the serise!! Does she have a relationship with Julian in there? I will drop by the Rememberence thread later on, hehe

Hehehe, good thing I didn't waste my money on the two series. While watchign the ending parts for PONR, I didn't like the idea of Julian kneeling down to Charmiane. I don't know their whole story and all, but I didn't like that idea. Wasn't there a better way of getting back together? Hehehe, i think any actress would have been better then having Charmaine.

Oh, I was browsing tvseriesfans and saw that Benny was in another series with Charmaine!!! Its called Carry Me and Fly Away. Its a modern story and Phyllis Quak is also in it. From pics, Benny and Charmaine are pretty cute. But I wish that it could be Annie instead!!! I don't see why Charmaine is so promoted while Annie gets all these minor roles Anyways I wuold like to see this serise for Benny, he looks cute But its only released in mandarin and nothing else

Anyways I've just finished watching Net Deception and I really loved that series!! The series I have left are Riches and Stitches, Summer Heat, Palm of Ru Lai, and thats actually about it. They are all okay, but not wonderfully. Just passes the time I need to rent more series!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hello!!!

Yeah, I highly recommend Remembrance. Yup, Kenix is paired up with Julian in the series. At first, before watching the series, I thought it was awkward but they actually look pretty compatible together. I think this is one of Kenix's first leading role. She looked really different from now, not as thin and dark. She kind of resembled Noel (Vivian) Leung.

Julian kneeled down to Charmaine twice in PONR. I was so annoyed when he did it, very pathetic. I thought it was a silly love story. Didn't get why he was so in love with her when she broke his heart so many times.

Another series with Charmaine!?!? No thanks, even if Benny is in it I think I'm going to pass. I used to think Charmaine was okay but now I can't seem to tolerate watching her. She's in way too many series and she always acts the same. She always acts cute in every series .

Hmm, I haven't heard of Net Deception. You have to tell me about that series.

Hey there axt!!!

Hehehe, just thinking of the pairing of Julian and Kenix, I do find it a bit uncompatiable. Then again I think I might like them together, usually like all pairs onscreen hehe. How was their love story in here though? Was it good?

Twice? Gezzz, I'm glad I only saw him do it once since I really think it would be pathetic for a guy to kneel down to someone. Hehe, since in older series I've heard guys say how their knees are of gold or something like that I'm not too clear on their love story so no comment. The only thing I know is that Charmiane married Sammul didn't she? Then in the end got with Julian again.

Lol, I know how you feel. Don't even know if its going to be released, but I probably will see it for Benny yeah, she does usually play the cute and pitiful type of role. You know what face emotion I hate of hers? The one where she makes it seem as if she is sad and needs pity!!! I can't stand that face expression. Seems as if she always has it on

Net Deception is pretty recent and it stars Wong Hei, Eddie Kwan, Myolie Wu, Jack Wu, Tiffany Lam, and etc. Here is the synopsis for it If you can get your hands on this, I would totally recommend it. Its a refreshing series and its quite short. Check out the ND thread
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Synopsis:
    Genius expert technological criminal Yiu Shing Tin (Wong He) loves to challenge justice and believes that his actions only become a crime when he is arrested by the police. However, his genius is not perfect and Tin has a weak point - emotion. Unable to handle his emotional affairs, Tin meets his half-sister Kong Kin Yee (Myolie Wu) with whom he shares a father and he doesn't know where to turn.

Commercial crime investigator Chong Chin Pang (Eddie Kwan) sends police cadet Tong Ka Ming (Jack Wu) to infiltrate Tin's software house as an undercover agent. How would Tin be fooled? He wants to play a game, to change Ming into someone just like himself!

Also wanting to change someone is Yee. She finds out about Tin's computer crimes and she wants to change his bad ways into good. At this time, she finds out that her beloved Ming is a cop and questions the sincerity of the love between them.

Each person has within their hearts an element of doubt and hearsay, right and wrong is hard to define. For these young people, who will be affecting whom in the end?

Credits: Em
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi there!!!

Yeah, at first you think they are incompatible but once you watch the series you will probably change your mind. I thought they were a pretty cute couple. Their love story was pretty touching and sweet but sometimes annoying since it's a "lovers being torn apart" kind of love story. In the beginning when Julian first sees Kenix it's love at first sight. Later he accidentally killed her father and she gets blind from the impact of the shooting. He decides to lie about his identity and says he's good friends with her father. He takes care of her and they both fall in love. When she regains her sight she discovers he was the one who killed her father and then leaves him because she cannot forgive him. And of course they have to have a love triangle so in comes Kenix half sister who really clings onto Julian and is always in the way so when Kenix finally forgives Julian they cannot be together......In comes another guy that loves Kenix as well and then a bunch of things happen and finally at the end they are together. Oops, kind of spoiled the series huh ? My favorite part was when Julian cared for Kenix when she was blind, very sweet and at some moments it was funny.

Yeah, he did it twice. For some odd reason he loved her very much but I didn't think she was worth it. He begged her many times and tried to save their relationship but Charmaine rejected him and totally ignored him. Yes, Charmaine marries Sammul and leaves to another country. Three years later she returns and we find out that Saummul had died.

Yes, I hate that pity expression Charmaine makes and also the "I'm so cute" expression where she widens her eyes.

Oh, I know what Net Deception is. I wasn't really interested because of the casting. Thanks a bunch for the synopsis . The series sounds pretty interesting, I will check out the thread.
    Last edited by botan; 04-13-04 at 03:05 PM.