Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Benny Chan II

Hi Hi axt!!

Their love story sounds really cute yet sad all in one!!! hehe, like most love stories though. Anyways, so he accidently killed her father? Did he regret it and feel obligated to take care of Kenix then? Or is he just a plain nice guy?

Hmmm.....good thing I didn't watch all of that serie or I'm sure I wouldn't be starting to like Julian as much I don't see why he kneel down to her just to get her to love him. Another thing, in the end he kneeled down to her since he wanted to get another chance with her, why was that? Isn't she the one who broke up with him? What did he do wrong? Argh, I know. those are like the only looks Charmiane can come up with and they are so constant!!!

You know, before the main reason why I wanted to watch it was all for Myolie. I love Eddie, but his acting isn't as great in TVB series lately and Wong Hei....hmmmm...I like him, but not a big fan of him. Then there was Tiffany and Jack who I consider new so thought they would be raw. However after watching it, it was beyond my expectations!!! If you ever get the chance and feel like it, do rent
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddessofhonour!!!

Yeah, the love story is both sad and cute. He's a plain nice guy and he felt guilty for killing her father and he also liked her a lot when he first met her. His character in this series is very serious but also very sweet and caring. He was so nice that he even put up with Kenix's half-sister and couldn't say no to her when she clung to him and he also felt obligated to take care of her too even though he only loved Kenix.

The character Julian played in PONR is one of the worst. You would probably find him annoying after watching that series. I didn't think Julian did anything wrong but apparently he said sorry. When Charmaine returned after three years, she had met Julian again and of course she had always loved him so she wanted to get back with him. So she writes him a letter implying that she wants to start a relationship with him. But then Julian writes back and rejects her (implied also) but after that he changes his mind and realizes he shouldn't give up this chance to be with the love of his life so that leads to the part where he kneels down and apologizes. But I didn't think he needed to say sorry, he wasn't at fault. She was the one who gave up on their relationship and treated him badly.

Yeah, I think all three actors in ND are all good but I'm not really a fan of theirs. But the story does sound interesting. It wouldn't hurt me to try a series. I'm getting kind of picky nowadays on series and have this thing with watching the ones with my favorite actors/actress but that's not a good idea because a couple of them didn't turn out good. But I will check that series out since I've read some reviews and heard that it is a very good series. So is Myolie paired with Eddie Kwan then?

Hey there axt

Hehehe, Rememberence does sound good. Its officially added onto my must rent list, but its been boosted down, hehe It was at the top, but then I got all these recommendations for Deric Wan series and I really want to see those first!!!

Its a good thing then taht I didn't watch PONR!!! Don't want to start disliking Julian Gosh, seems like his relationship with Charmaine is sorta of messed up and a bit confusing eh?

You know, that hasn't happened to me yet. I usually rent every series even if my favorite artists aren't in it. Lol, but usually I won't rent a serie if there are certain artists in there that I don't like or am annoyed with at the moment, hehe.

Net Deception is good though. Do think about it. Hehehe, at first when this serie was in filming I was hoping for the pairing of Myolie and Eddie. But actually Myolie ends up with Jack Wu. He's somewhat new, been a singer and has made some appearences in other serials. They are really cute in here!!!

Gosh, I think we better get back on talking about Benny!!! Hmm..I was thinking of renting some of his series that I haven't seen. Like Dragon Tales and Network Love Story. Have you seen those two dramas? If so what do you think eh?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hello!!!

What Deric Wan series are you planning to watch?

Yes, the relationship stuff in that series was pretty messed up and confusing. Actually, I think the whole storyline/series is pretty messed up. Oh, there's a series I just remember that is probably one of his worse roles, probably worse than PONR. It was called The New Judge. Gosh his character was so annoying it that series, you would probably start to dislike him after watching that.

Yes, I will think about ND. It is on my rent list along with Outburst and maybe DTS. I just need to go to the video store, maybe I will drop by this weekend. Oh really? I don't know where I got the idea that Myolie and Eddie are paired. Who's Jacky Wu? Got a picture? So who's the Villain in the series? And what role does Tiffany Lam play? Too many questions huh?

Hehe, yeah we are getting off topic. Back to Benny. I've seen Dragon Love. It's okay, pretty entertaining. I will rate it a 3/5. The main theme of the story of course is a love story between a dragon and a human. Pretty sweet love story but the ending is sad. Benny is playing his usual scholarly roles and he is very cute. Probably a must see for Benny fans and Fennie Yuen fans as well. But just don't put too high expectations on this series. It's a small production and the storyline isn't really much, just all about love. I haven't seen Network Love story. I was planning to watch it a while back but I heard that it's not a very good series so I changed my mind. But if you do decide to watch it let me know how it is.
    Last edited by botan; 04-16-04 at 03:18 PM.

is benny really dating charmaine?i think they r very compatabile together.....although its true charmaine is starring in too many series....but hey if u were an actress n ppl keep offering u roles wouldnt u accept them?

Hey there axt!!!

Very glad now that I didn't watch PONR!!! I would absolutely be disgusted at Julian's character. The New Judge? I dont' think I've seen it before, but I've got a slight memory of it....Hmmm...isn't Anita Yeung also in here?

Hehehehe, I'm not sure which Deric serial to go for first!! They all seem pretty good, but I'm thinking of getting Cold Blood Warm Heart and then Blood of Good and Evil afterwards

Hehe, you've got a list of rent series going on now!!! Better start renting some of it, or the list will get quite long. At first I actually wanted for Myolie and Eddie to pair since I never remembered seeing Jack before, plus he looked younger then Myolie, but they are really cute onscreen!! Anyways Jack Wu is a singer and now he is also an actor. He has starred in several series as minors and ND is his first "main" role. Don't have a pic of him onhand, but drop by his thread to see a pic of him from ND. Hmmm...there are several villians in here. At first Wong Hei could be considered one, but he really isn't. I guess the real villian would be this one actor who dated Tiffany in the beginning. I don't know his name!! He has been in countless serials. Anyways Tiffany plays a model and a old school friend of Wong Hei's. Wong Hei had a crush on her ever since school and finally he remeets her and dates, but she is sorta being brought by that guy who is the villian. Sorta confusing....

I wanted to see Benny in Dragon Love, but I really dislike Fennie Yuen. I can't stand her....so skipped. Thinking about it again though. I saw bits and parts of Network Love Story and it does look a bit dull...Benny is cute though, hehe. Didn't watch it though sicne he is paired with Michelle. Gosh, I dont know whats with me. I loved Benny and Michelle in GOH, but now I don't like her that much.....

Hey there elizabeth Really got no clue on Benny and Charmaine. Might be true, but might just be plain rumors. Lol, of course I would accept the roles, but still. I guess not all the blame is on her, more on the directors/producers. They need to start offering roles to artists who can actually act. Please!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hello godess'!!!

Yeah, the New Judge is a Taiwan production that stars his girlfriend, Anita Yuen. I watched the beginning of that series and it was very draggy and boring. Julian's character was obnoxious, he was always mistreating Anita. Too bad that series isn't good, Julian and Anita looked cute together. I would really like to see them together in another series, maybe a TVB one would be nice. Oh yeah, Julian looked strange with his hair shaved too .

What's the Blood of Good and Evil? Have you seen Heroes from Shaolin, starring Deric, Gigi Lai, and Noel Leung? It's a pretty good series. Recommended if you haven't seen it.

Okay, I'll check out Jack's thread. I don't think my rent list will get very long since I don't have a lot I want to watch.

Fennie isn't that bad. I think you should give that series a try just for Benny, maybe rent the first few tapes. Ever since I've seen the Revelation of the Last Heroes, I've been a fan of Fennie. She was very cute and funny in that series. Her acting was pretty good. It seems as though ever since she has become extremely thin her acting skills are getting worse. Why don't you like Michelle?
    Last edited by botan; 04-18-04 at 12:25 AM.

Hey there axt

I never saw that serial, but I did catch a few clips of it from my other tapes. Did Julian and Anita even get togehter? Since it seemed like Anita married some otehr guy...I have no clue, hehe.

hehe, come into the Deric thread axt!!! Lol, anyways it stars Deric Wan of course and then Maggie Sui. I forgot about the rest of the cast, just rmemebered arashi saying that Maggie and Deric were a great pair. Remember to come in, Arashi has synopsis on his serials!!! Heroes from Shaolin? I haven't seen it. Oh Gigi Lai and Noel Leung? Thats added, hehe. How is Deric's role in here though?

I thought Fennie was fine in Heartstrings with a few dislikes though, but after watching Law Enforcers, I couldn't stnad her character or her. I'll add Dragon Love, but its towards the bottom. Gosh, too many series I want to watch!!!

Hmmm...its strange why I don't like Michelle!! She used to be one of my favorite actresses. I guess part of the reason had to do with the whole fights between Michelle and Myolie. Before at other forums and I think this one too, anyways all these fighitng from both side's fans. Gives me a headach thinking about it. Well I guess I got annoyed with what the Michelle fan's were saying and somehow grew a disliking to her. Can't blame the actress though....I think I'm going to give her another chance. Lol, lets see how Western Chamber Story goes
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddessofhonour!!!

Hmm, I have no clue about Anita ending up with who. I only watched the first few tapes and stop watching, so I don't know what happened. But since she is the leading actress and Julian is the leading actor I would assume they ended up together. Maybe they had introduced another character so that there could be another love triangle. I think I remember another actor that was in that series who played a character that had feelings for Anita.

Okay, I'll come in the the Deric thread and check out the synopsis. Ooh, Maggie Siu is in the series, I like watching her. I don't remember Deric's role in Heroes of Shaolin, I watched it a a while back and only remember it vaguely. I just remember that it was a pretty good series, it looked like a grand production and the scenary was very nice. It was something about Deric joining this buddhist temple to learn kung fu and that Gigi loved him but he loved Noel. Noel's character is supposed to be very old but she learned some type of kung fu to make her youthful. I have watched it two or three times already and it's really rare that I watch series more than once. I thought it was pretty interesting and exciting with all the fighting scenes.

I only watched the first few episodes of Heartstrings, I found it boring so I stopped watching it. How did the series turn out? Aaron Kwok was so cute but those big glasses weren't too flattering on him . Did he ever lose the glasses later on? I heard about Fennie's character and her acting in Law Enforcers. A lot of people said she was annoying and her acting was very stiff. I don't know what happened but she was pretty good in Revelation of the Last Heroes.

Yes, I've heard about the fans of Michelle and Myolie. Yeah, you can't blame the actress, it's the fans that are mean. Such strange fans. I feel neutral towards her, I think I would like her better if her acting was good. I hope she has improved in the new series. Is she the leading actress in that series or is Myolie?
    Last edited by botan; 04-19-04 at 01:58 AM.

Hey ya axt

Yeah, maybe Anita and Julian did end up with one another...who knows? Hehe, we should go into the Julian thread and ask about that one!! I'm curious to know. Its nice having a chance to work with your bf/gf!!! Lots of time to spend togehter, hehe.

Hmmm...Gigi likes Deric, but he likes Noel eh? Did Noel like him back though? Curious to know who ends up wtih who, but don't tell me!!! I'm going to think and guess, hehe. Okay, enough thinking. Did he end up with Gigi?

Actually the serie does get better as it progresses. In my personal opinion at least, all the Aaron and Gigi scenes were really sweet and cute Hehehe, there were many scenes in the serial where he didn't wear the glasses, I think he mostly wore them just at work, but anywhere else, he didn't have them. So most of the time in the serial, he didn't have them on. I thought when he had them on, he had a more boy next door/innocent/dorky look, hehe. Do you really want to know? Well in the end Fennie's character dies and Aaron ends up with Gigi

Yeah, her character in there was really annoying and just irratating. Yup, her acting was stiff. Much worse then in Heartstrings. Her acting in Heartstrings was tolerable, but in Law Enforcers....

I know. I hate it when fans start comparing artists to artists... They all have a special feature of their own. It just annoys me at times. Her acting is a bit stiff and just sorta akward. Like in Triumph in the Skies, she seemed extrmely raw in there. I don't think her acting has really improved much, it seems to be the same as it was in her other serial such as EH and GOH. As for Western Chamber Story, Michelle is the main female lead, but Myolie has a big "supporting" role.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hello goddessofhonour !!!

Yeah, we should ask about it in the Julian thread. I'm really curious too. I agree, it must be nice to work with bf/gf. With all that filming the actors/actresses do, I wonder how they have the time to spend time with their bf/gf. The same for singers, they all seem very busy in HK. I heard that they film from 6am to 4am. Isn't that crazy? how do they have the time to eat, sleep, and do other things? I wonder why Anita doesn't film with TVB, doesn't she only film Taiwan series?

I think Noel loved him too, I'm not sure. In the end Deric doesn't end up with anyone. He never loved Gigi, I think he only thought of her as a sister. And then Noel died because somehow she began to age rapidly. I should go look up a review on this series to refresh my memory since I don't remember much about it.

Really? That's the end of Heartstrings? I thought that he would of ended up with Fennie instead. So how did she die? Her acting can't be worse than Sonija Kwok, is she?

Yup, that annoys me too when the fans do that and I agree that each artists has their own unique quality. Yes, Michelle's acting is unnatural most of the time. Sometimes she seems like she doesn't know what to do with her hands and then her facial expression doesn't convey the correct emotion for a particular scene.

Oopsy, we are way off topic again. Back to Benny . Have any news on him? I haven't heard much about him lately.
    Last edited by botan; 04-20-04 at 09:11 PM.

Hi Hi axt

Yeah, will ask in the Julian thread later on. Hopefully others in there have seen it and can answer us, hehe. Gosh, all these artists work for such long periods of times!!!! Its a miracle they actually can have a life of their own!! Don't quite know on Anita. I think she usually films Taiwanese ones and ATV serials the most. Last time I saw her was in Innocently Guilty.

Argh, that stinks!!! I've just come to the conclusion that in most of Deric's serials, his ending stinks!!! Never really gets the girl you know, or its a sad ending if you think of it. I think I only know of 2 series where his ending can be considered good, well he gets a girl lets put it. One would be A Good Match From Heaven and the other is Blood of Good and Evil even though I haven't seen it yet. Wish he would get better endings!!!

Yup, that is the ending to Heartstrings. At first I thought that he would end up with Fennie also, but I was pretty glad he didn't because her character got really annoying at some parts. The two broke up because of a misunderstanding and afterwards Fennie started believing all these rumors and lies against Aaron. Really annoyed me there, she has dated him for several years and wouldn't believe what he had to say to her, but believed other people!!! Good thing Gigi was there by his side the whole time!!!

Well she was shot and died. Basically Gigi in this serie has a heart condition and towards the end she finds out that she won't live much longer and decides to leave. Aaron frantically wants to find her since her condition is really bad, but he recieves a phone call from Jimmy (his competitor also doctor, but commited crime and is being trailed by police.) Anyways Jimmy says that he has Gigi in his hands and wants like a million dollars or something. Aaron and Mark get the money, but can't get a cab and at this tmie Fennie drives in. She brings them to the warehouse where Jimmy is at; Aaron tells her to leave I think, but she doesn't. Anyways once the two get in there they see Jimmy and the back of a girl who is supposedly Gigi. Aaron hands over hte money as Mark goes to see if its Gigi and it isn't. A struggle starts between the two and just as Fennie walks in, Jimmy shoots his gun and it hits her. She falls to the ground, but Aaron catches her. Anyways she is rushed to the hospital and is said to not have much time. The news of this is over the radio and Gigi hears this. She rushes to the hospital, but faints in a bus and is brought there. Her condition is even worse and she needs a heart transplant soon. Well before Fennie dies she decides to give her hear to Gigi. So Fennie dies and Gigi lives.

Thats about it. When Gigi and Fennie where both in the hospital, I was really sad for Aaron since he was going through the thought of loosing both the ones he loved. He blamed himself too so that was bad.... Poor Aaron!!!

Hmmm..Fennie isn't as bad as Sonjia. She is a little/lots better. However her acting at times is really stiff. Depending on the serial I guess. I agree with you. Michelle doesn't have the correct emotion displayed on her face at the correct time, its either the wrong one or just put on at the wrong time. It was really obvious in TITS, that is one reason why I can't stand her in there and her character too...

Ekk, we keep getting off topic!!! As hard as we try to stay on it too!! hehe. Not much to talk on Benny though. Nope, no news. Not going to be much to chat on unless he starts filming more TVB serials!!! Come on now!! We should keep this on topic though. So more chit chat on Benny!!!

Hey axt, have you seen Benny and Joyce Chan in any serials togehter? I think they are really cute like in Dark Tales 2 and Journey to the West 2. Espically JTTW2!!!!!!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I am back to to help give this thread an upward push.

I have just completed watching 'Gods of Honour' and currently watching 'Whatever It Takes'. Benny has been a consistent favourite of me since DGSD'97 days. He simply oozes this charisma that keeps me glued onto the screen, even if the drama itself is nothing great. My favourite role of him is of course, still Duan Yu. Second shall be Nezha (in the second half of the serial. In the first half, he is simply too cocky and thinks too highly of himself. ) .

And on Benny's rumours with Charmaine, I think its true too. I believe they are indeed a couple, except that they have not admitted directly yet.

This is off topic. I read that you gals are discussing 'Heroes of Shaolin', 'Blood of Good and Evil' and 'Heartstrings'. Hehe, I remember watching them long ago and enjoying them a lot.

Who is Joyce Chan, btw? I have watched JTTW 2.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Hi goddessofhonour and Lingz13!!! So glad that you've joined the thread Lingz13 .

Don't know about the ending for Deric series. I've only seen two series of his and in both, the endings were sad.

What a sad ending for Fennie. Would she have died anyways even if she didn't donate her heart? I feel really bad for Aaron too. So did he love both of them? Fennie's character sounds really unreasonable. I think if I were to finish the series I would have found her annoying too.

Lingz13 Joyce has starred in VOH, Burning Flames, and a couple of other series as a supporting actress. I tried to look for a picture of her but couldn't find one. I've seen both Dark Tales 2 and JTTW 2. Maybe because I'm not too fond of Joyce, I didn't think they were cute together. I thought Benny and Rain Lau were cute in Dark Tales 2. I watched Dark Tales 2 a long time ago and when I first saw it I was hoping that they would pair Noel and Benny together but they never did . I didn't really enjoy Dark Tales that much, I think I only liked the stories with Benny, they were very touching especially the one with Louisa So. I enjoyed the first Dark Tales more.

Yeah, my favorite role of his was Duan Yu too. Hmm, I don't really have a second choice, maybe the characters he played in Dark Tales 2. Oh and Dragon Love, I think I like his character in there too. Well, I like him best when he plays those scholarly roles.

It definately does seem like Benny and Charmaine are dating and that they just haven't admitted it yet. Why don't they just admit it?
    Last edited by botan; 04-23-04 at 03:08 PM.

Hiya everyone! Thanks for the welcoming, axt.

I still can't recall how Joyce Chan looks like though. It has been some time since I watched JTTW 2 and Dark Tales 2. Favourite screen partner of Benny? I don't exactly have a favourite one in mind, though I think he has chemisty and looks good with Bondy Chiu in DGSD and Tavia Yeung in WIT. He looks cute with Annie too. Both have baby faces and sparkling eyes. Unfortunately, their love story in WIT is quite bland.

I don't quite remember Fennie's character in there. All I know was that at time, I tend towards the pairing of Aaron and Gigi. Fennie used to be quite a good actress (as Helian Bobo in Revelation of the Last Hero and Lan Fenghuang in the movie Swordsman 1) Somehow, the past few years, her acting has deteriorated. Or it could be due to the roles given to her. I don't quite like her in that serial on cooking (forgot the title) with Wong Hei and Kenix Kwok and detest her in Law Enforcers. I heard of Dragon Love. It was actually shown here but I missed the chance to watch it due to busy schedule during that period.

2 series of Deric I would recommend are The Breaking Point and The Blood of Good and Evil, even though my memories of them are pretty hazy at the moment. But I vividly recall he is really bad in The Breaking Point. On a side note, Leon Lai and Kathy Chow become one of my favourite on screen couples ever then.

Yes, I believe to most if not all, Benny's most memorable role is Duan Yu. He is simply the Duan Yu that I have envisioned while reading the novel. For that, I shall always remember him

Hmm....I think he did admit to his relationship with Charmaine initially but retracted his statement later on. Charmaine initially denied then later claimed him as her 'half boyfriend.' Perhaps they are afraid that if they admit, this will have a negative impact on their careers? Oh well, admit or not, this has become an open secret.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Ahah, so here's where you all are!

I'm not a Benny fan, but since you've veered away to discuss about things that interest me, I decided to pop by.

Ahem, to contribute something relevant first: awhile back I was trying to catch Network Love Story but had no idea where to rent it. Somehow my cable channel heard my prayers and aired the first 2 episodes yesterday. Here's what I think of it so far:

1. It's slow.

2. The series seems to promote a garish colour scheme. All the girls have so much blush they look perpetually drunk, and they go around wearing bright orange, red, and maroon tops. Pass the sunglasses please!

3. It watches like Dynasty or Dallas except it's in Chinese. Ouch.

4. Benny's dubbing artist has a really sharp and horrible voice.

5. Michelle has excellent Mandarin. And funnily enough, I think I prefer her speaking Mandarin than Cantonese. She doesn't sound so...coy somehow.

6. A series about the Internet seems to be extremely ground-breaking for China, considering they had such a long foreword for the beginning, and how the show keeps suggesting that being able to surf the net is a hip and chic thing reserved for high-class yuppies and the artistically-inclined.

7. It's slow.

So far, Network Love Story has been really entertaining. Not the show itself, but my response to it.

Ok, official duties done, I want to say I like Fennie Yuen from exactly the same two shows you've mention, Lingz13! She's so cool when she plays unorthodox characters in wuxia shows. I couldn't stand her in Law Enforcers too, she was so stiff inside and her character was unreasonbly cruel to Nick. I heard she fares better in Slim Chances however, but I haven't had the chance to catch it in full.

Please visit the Deric thread for my unabashed and totally biased opinions on him and his shows.

I am getting really tired of the Benny/Charmaine's "we are involved/not involved" ballgame btw. Why don't they just get up and admit it if it's true? Of course I pity them if it's really nothing since everyone's dying for them to be something.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Hi all!!! No problem Lingz13. Hey, I'm so glad that you've joined the discussion too Arashi .

LOL, Network Love Story doesn't seem that interesting. It seems pretty boring huh? So are you going to continue watching it Arashi?

I've just watched Slim Chances a few months ago, Fennie's performance was okay but not her best. She was a bit stiff at some points. But yeah, I agree about her acting skills all of a sudden detoriating. It seems like to me that the more she gets thinner the worse her acting becomes. Maybe she is so thin that she doesn't have enough energy to act. The best performance so far that I have seen of her was in The Revelation of the Last Hero. I absolutely loved her in that series and became a fan immediately after watching it. But I'm really disappointed with her acting in her recent series.

Oh yeah, Benny did look good with Bondy in DGSD 96, they had a lot of chemistry. Too bad they didn't end up together in the end. I didn't think he had much chemistry with Carmen Lee.

Hmm, why would admitting that they are dating have a negative impact on their career? But yeah, it doesn't matter, whatever. I don't really care for who is dating who anyways or care for their personal lives. They are people and should be allowed to have a private life, we can't expect them to tell the media everything. But maybe it is the tabloids that are making a big deal about their relationship when it is really not.
    Last edited by botan; 04-28-04 at 03:14 PM.

That you, axt? Why the change in name?

I'll be going to Sichuan, China for 7 days, so I can't catch the next two episodes of Network Love Story. Let's see how episode 5&6 are when I get back. I'm mostly watching it for novelty's sake. I have seen bits of other China modern dramas, and I've never liked them because it seems to me that they try too hard? They seem to be emulating HK and Taiwanese modern dramas, and fall flat somehow.

I love Fennie Yuen in Relevations of the Last Hero too! I remember being torn between Aaron going with Vivian or her because I liked both of them so much. Really hope I can find this series in Cantonese so I can keep it for collection's sake.

What irritates me about the Benny/Charmaine thing is it's beginning to feel like a publicity stunt. They seem to be milking it for the attention. I don't really care who's dating who either, but this particular piece of news keeps getting shoved into my face and I'm quite sick of it.

Okay, I'm leaving early tomorrow to catch the plane, so you won't see me for a while, keep those posts coming in, I expect to see a massive backlog when I get back!
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Hi Arashi!!! Now where did everyone else go? Goddessofhonour? Lingz13?

Yup, it's me axt. I got it changed because I thought it would be better to use a different name since axt is actually the initials to my name. Besides I never liked that username anways and I've gotten bored of it too.

I have never seen a modern series produced my China so I have no idea how they are like. I never knew they even produced modern dramas.

Same here, I liked both Vivian and Fennie in Revelation of the Last Hero and couldn't decide if I wanted Aaron to end up with Vivian or Fennie. But in the end Fennie ended up with a look a like Aaron, very funny. They haven't released this series in VCD yet. I would like to buy the VCD in Cantonese too but I can't find it anywhere. I hope they release it soon. It's my most favorite series. I have the tapes at home that my aunt recorded a long time ago and have watched it like 5 times already.

I'm kind of getting the idea the the tabloids and media are the ones making a bid deal about Benny/Charm's relationship. Everytime I read an article about either of them, the reporters are always giving them a hard time and asking them questions about the other. But yeah, either that Benny/Charm just want attention.

Well, you probably won't read this until you get back but bye anyways Arashi and have fun on your trip .
    Last edited by botan; 04-30-04 at 03:47 PM.

why is everyone talking about fennie n joyce?izen this benny[the cute]'s thread?hehehhe......

so whats up with benny nowadayz?besides his alleged romance with charmaine...he really admitted it at first huh?seriously?????hahah......sorry for bringing this up again but its natural that ppl wanna find out about a cute guy's life.....hhaha

y isnt he doing anymore tvb series nowadays?when is he going to start again?i miss him!!!!!!!!

btw im now watching whatever it takes.....man he looks good in those funny clothes.....duan yu???no!!!i cant find the dgsd that he was in!!!!!!the one im watching now is the china one...........sigh~~