Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: saga of the heavenly sword and demonic saber

Default shsds 16

jigsta-thanks for your support...

SHSDS 16

Another scorching day in Wuhan had clients rushing into the Lotus Inn and demanding tea or wine to satisfy their thirst. All of the waiters busily attended to the demanding guests with no time in between to rest their tired legs and cramped backs. Their early morning cheerfulness disappeared with the burning heat of the afternoon and the impatient guests.

Tin Lok rushed between tables, set down cups, filled teacups, and delivered calabashes of wine. He managed to wipe off his perspiration in between serving tables and drank some tea throughout the day to settle his thirst. As he routinely seated the customers and took their orders, he overheard a conversation from two customers in a table nearby.

What they revealed attracted his interest and he quickly went to that table and asked the men, “Is it really true that your sect is recruiting twenty disciples in three months?”

The Wai School of Martial Discipline was famous throughout the southeastern region of China, and they only recruited twenty disciples every three years.

The two men in green uniforms glanced at each other and smiled sinisterly. One of them stood up and patted Tin Lok on the shoulder, causing Tin Lok much pain.

The man sneered, “You have no strength in you. I doubt that Teacher will pick you over the numerous candidates this year.”

Tin Lok unhappily took their order and absentmindedly continued on with his routine in disappointment. He had tried out for many sects and none wanted him because he had no training or skills, but he thought the point of sects recruiting students was to train and give them skills. However, when he tried out for the sects, there were always handfuls of students who had years of training and these were always the ones to get recruited.

He sighed and continued on with his job. The two men in green observed him.

When he came back to their table to refill their teapot, the man who did not speak the first time asked, “How desperate are you to join our sect?”

Tin Lok stared blankly at him, not understanding what he really meant. The man rephrased his question, “How much are you willing to give us to join our sect?”

Tin Lok thought about how much he had saved and gave them an answer, which did not impress them. He tried to urge them into taking that sum, “Brothers, that is all I have and all that I can afford if you help me get into your sect.”

The other man said, “Do not make it sound like bribery. We can get into trouble if Teacher feels that we are trying to sell the available spots to interested candidates.”

Tin Lok scratched his head. He hated to use dirty tactics to achieve his goals and had never resorted to doing so. But he only wanted a chance at getting accepted into a school, and then he would work his way up. This was the first time he had ever compromised his value, but he felt that Bing Nhi was worth it.

Thus, he replied, “I understand, and it was wrong of me for even suggesting the impossible. Please accept my money as a token of our friendship.”

The two men finally gave in and nodded. One said, “We hope to see you at the recruiting try outs and the recruiting ceremony.”

The other finished with, “The School of Martial Discipline of the Wai Manor is located south of Wuhan in the city of Fuzhou. You need to be there on time or else we cannot guarantee you anything.”

The two left without bothering to pay for their meal and drink expenses at the restaurant, knowing full well that Tin Lok would take care of it.

Later on that evening, Tin Lok shared the good news with his mom. Mrs. Koo knew that the day would come when her son would have to leave her, but she never fully prepared for this inevitable moment. She sobbed and her state of sadness almost made Tin Lok reconsider his decision, but Siu Bing’s image and sweet memories of his time with her flooded his mind. He had to go and learn martial arts so that he could soon reunite with his lovely and lively Siu Bing.

He knelt down and kow-towed to his mother three times, “Mother, please forgive me for being an inconsiderate and un-filial son.”

Mrs. Koo had met Siu Bing, and she immediately felt drawn to this spirited girl. She quickly approved of Siu Bing and sincerely wanted Tin Lok and Siu Bing a happy future. But she saw a world of difference between the two and doubted that destiny and fate would be kind enough to bring the two together for a lifetime of happiness.

Mrs. Koo gently raised her son up, “Tin Lok, don’t be foolish. You’ve always been a responsible and filial son. Even if you reconsider your decision, I will not allow you to. You must go to the Wai Manor. You must bring my future daughter in law back to me.”

Tin Lok became flustered at her final comment, but his heart was overjoyed because his mother openly approved of his relationship with Siu Bing.

That night, Mrs. Koo and Tin Lok carefully planned for Tin Lok’s journey to the south. Mrs. Koo handed him some money, which he refused to take, but after her endless, aggressive effort, Tin Lok consented to bring the money for unexpected situations. Later on in the evening, the other waiters had a little celebration to wish him luck on his training and hoped that he would return and become an undefeatable pugilist. Tin Lok merely laughed at such an outrageous comment.

Mrs. Koo tried to suppress the urge to lecture him, but her conscience weighed too heavily on her. Early in the morning, Tin Lok prepared to depart from Wuhan.

Before he made more than twenty steps out of the Lotus Inn, Mrs. Koo rushed to him, “Tin Lok!” He turned around and saw a strange expression on her face.
    She walked towards him and whispered gravely, “You have as much of your father’s blood in you as you have my blood. Remember that when times are hard, you must persevere. Do not give up and do not look for the easy way out. If others taunt you, just ignore them. Do not disappoint me and turn out like your father, huh?”

Tin Lok immediately pictured his past when his father was still alive. He remembered swearing that he would not become the despicable man his father was. He witnessed the difficulties his mother overcame for him and he had always tried his best to be as good of a man as he could be. “Do not worry mom. I will not change for the worse because I will always remember your guidance.” With that, he turned around and journeyed to Fuzhou.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:06 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Default shsds 17

SHSDS 17

Tin Lok arrived at the Wai Manor in a timely matter. He traveled south for two and a half months and had two days to rest before the try-outs began, so he went to look for an inn to rent for the week. He searched around town to find a reasonably priced inn; although he had enough money to afford to stay at an inn closer to the Wai Manor, he felt guilty for spending money extravagantly while his thoughtful mom worked hard daily in Wuhan to afford this trip of his.

On the first day of the try-outs, half of the three hundred prospective disciples got selected to continue to go on to the second try-outs. After the fourth try-out, it became evident to everyone else that Tin Lok was the weakest candidate with no abilities or skills. Many resented that he got selected over more qualified candidates but kept their mouths shut for fear of getting dropped out of the competition for inappropriately talking about their competitors.

Once the try-outs were over, twenty disciples got selected from the list, including Tin Lok. These twenty disciples had the rest of the evening to move their belongings to the Wai Manor, and each disciple had to share a room with one other new disciple.

Before the recruitment ceremony began, the new disciples all befriended each other, but none really cared to notice Tin Lok except for his roommate, Wan Su Lun (Deric Wan). The other eighteen disciples fancied the idea that Tin Lok bribed the judges into accepting him as a new disciple because there were candidates who obviously deserved the spot more than he did. Yet, none dared to say it to his face because they respected his roommate, Wan Su Lun, who they held as the most qualified and promising candidate in the lot.

Su Lun never questioned Tin Lok on the bribery subject nor did he bother to judge Tin Lok based on his inabilities. Of all the new disciples who got selected, Su Lun liked Tin Lok the most because he appeared the most honest, and Su Lun’s intuition told him that Tin Lok would be a somebody in the future. He saw how Tin Lok persevered despite his harsh beatings during the try-outs. Even when a candidate hurt Tin Lok badly during the try-outs, Tin Lok never resented that person and showed up again the following day to be greeted by more injuries. Su Lun knew that he might have the upper hand in skills at the moment, but Tin Lok’s determination would get him much farther in the future.

The sound of the gong signaled everyone to line up as they had rehearsed for their initiation rights. They were each given a pale green uniform to put over their undergarments to allow others to know that these were the newest disciples of the Wai Manor while the disciples recruited from previous years all wore dark green uniforms. And one of the older disciples began to read out the rules of the sect.

Another gong indicated that the Master of the Wai Manor, Wai Tin Zi, would be taking his seat soon. All of the disciples, old and new, solemnly stood up to greet the Master of the Wai Manor in unison, “Greetings, Teacher.”

Wai Tin Zi took his seat and lifted his hand, “Please take a seat.”

The new disciples knew that he only wanted the old disciples to sit while they had to stand until he carefully scrutinized and memorized the faces of his new disciples.

Wai Tin Zi was not a fool. He knew what was happening under the roof of his manor, but he chose to ignore certain events because he believed that justice was always served. He had learned that two of his disciples greedily sold one of the twenty recruited spots to one of the new disciples, and he punished these two disciples and made it clear to them to avoid the same mistake again or else they would regret it. Furthermore, Wai Tin Zi had wanted twenty disciples who had no history or prior experience with martial training so that he could shape them into a true disciple of the school. Wasn’t that the point of recruiting disciples? He had noticed that most of his older disciples awkwardly executed the school’s moves due to their influence from their earlier training under a different teacher. Therefore, he was somewhat pleased that one disciple would be a pure disciple of his school; nevertheless, he hated the underhand tactics, which this disciple used to safeguard a position in his school. Hence, only time could tell how this disciple would turn out. In the meantime, he would not interfere should this disciple suffer from his apprentice brothers.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:08 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Truthfully, I was happy with the writing style used in Closure. I mean, the story did capture my attention, did it not? But I guess the style of writing should be up to you to decide. Choose a style that you’re comfortable with and that reflects your writing talents and abilities. I’m just happy knowing that you haven’t abandoned the story.

As for SHSDS, you need to update some new chapters! I have already read these chapters long ago in the winglin forum. So please update!!!

Default chapter 18

hi comet...alright, if you actually like that style, i'll definitely continue where i left off. the idea of rewriting it just kills me although it will clarify the story somewhat. give me some time. right now is bad for me because of school. thanks for letting me know that you've been following this story as well.

SHSDS 18

Outside, the dark sky silently waited for the sun to rise and provide light in welcome of the morning. A pair of feet carefully walked down the corridor adjacent to the ten rooms, which housed the new disciples of the Wai Manor. A harsh knock greeted each door to disrupt the peaceful sleep of the new disciples, and all disciples begrudgingly woke up and changed into their proper attire. Many wondered if the sacrifice was worth training at the Wai School of Martial Discipline. Several of the disciples left their wives and loved ones at home, a place where they felt like royalty and were well respected. At the Wai Manor, the new disciples had the lowest status and were treated as such. Daily, they rushed to serve their big apprentice brothers in the dark green uniform; a happy big apprentice brother meant one less worry for them. Such tasks proved difficult when they had differences of opinion with their big apprentice brothers, yet they held their tongue for fear of being ridiculed and punished cruelly by these apprentice brothers.

Tin Lok yawned and drowsily pulled his blanket over his head, but the image of Siu Bing made him more determined to get out of his bed. He put on his pale green uniform absentmindedly; fortunately, he had been doing this for two months already so he had no problem with changing his clothes.

Once he walked out to the training ground, the other new disciples snickered comments in his direction. They had all learned about his purchasing a spot at the Wai Manor. At first, he swallowed the humiliation and tried to ignore his apprentice brothers in the pale green uniform. He hoped that they would soon get tired of the same jokes; unfortunately, these apprentice brothers bonded by their common hatred of the disciple who had to buy his way into the school.

Tin Lok spotted Su Lun (Deric Wan), who merrily waved in his direction. As usual, Tin Lok walked over to Su Lun, for he knew that Su Lun had saved him a spot just as he had been doing since they first began to train together. While walking towards Su Lun, one of the new disciples put out a leg to trip Tin Lok when he was not on guard.

Although Tin Lok fell, Su Lun caught him in time and scolded his immature apprentice brother, “We are all apprentice brothers. Why must you be cruel and pick on Tin Lok all the time? How would you feel if all of us turned against you?”

Another one of the new disciples sneered, “With you backing up Tin Lok, who would dare to harm him?”

Su Lun immediately cast a warning glance in that disciple’s direction and the disciple took a few steps back and hid himself behind his other apprentice brothers.

Su Lun announced, “I am warning you one last time. If I ever catch any one of you harming any one of our apprentice brothers then you will have to deal with me.”

All knew that he was especially referring to Tin Lok, and all resented Tin Lok even more. Not only did that worthless man unfairly secured a spot in the school, he also had the best disciple in the new lot to back him up.

Daily, they practiced tai chi to strengthen and tone their muscles and relax their minds. Afterward, they practiced the twenty basic steps to learn the martial skills of the school, Wind Whirl Force. On the first day of training, the senior apprentice brother of the school, Lau Tak Wah (Andy Lau), demonstrated Wind Whirl Force with a five foot long pole. His swiftness amazed the new disciples, and when he cracked a boulder with the pole, all of the disciples witnessed the power of Wind Whirl Force.

Tin Lok pictured himself using Wind Whirl Force as his senior apprentice brother did, and he struggled every single day to train to the best of his ability in order to achieve what his senior apprentice brother, Lau Tak Wah, had.

Everyday, Tin Lok’s apprentice brothers in the pale green uniform were tempted to harass Tin Lok, yet they couldn’t because Su Lun (Deric Wan) purposely followed Tin Lok around the manor to protect him. Tin Lok had the most respect for Su Lun and held him in the highest esteem. The two eventually became sworn brothers, and Tin Lok showed rapid improvement where his martial training was concern. Nonetheless, Su Lun had an advantage over Tin Lok. Su Lun had trained since he was ten years old, thus, he learned and mastered the basic steps more quickly than Tin Lok. After the end of their first year at the Wai Manor, the two had separated because Su Lun’s amazing ability helped him advance to the next class more quickly than the rest of the new disciples.

All of Tin Lok’s immediate apprentice brothers celebrated Su Lun’s advancement because they foresaw that Su Lun could not be as involved in Tin Lok’s life as he used to be. Despite Tin Lok’s hard effort to master the twenty basic steps and his noticeable progression, the other disciples harbored an unreasonable resentment towards him. At first, it was because he did not earn his place in the manor the same way they did. And by the end of the first year, they hated him because he was Su Lun’s sworn brother.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:09 AM.

Default chapter 19

wrong post
    Last edited by patricia n; 11-24-03 at 09:43 PM.

Default chapter 19

oops...sorry about that.

SHSDS 19

Wai Tin Zi’s wife died ten years ago and left him grieving for her. He loved her passionately and earnestly while she was alive, and he still loved her just as much although it had been years since she passed away. The two had one beautiful daughter, Wai Mei Kei (Maggie Siu), who Wai Tin Zi loved and protected. She was his most valued possession, and he would give up everything for her safety and happiness.

Wai Mei Kei just turned seventeen this year, the age when women blossomed wonderfully and were at the peak of their beauty. Her innocence and kindheartedness captivated many men’s heart, but she would always be Wai Tin Zi’s baby daughter. He sheltered her and provided her with all the necessities of life, but she was not spoiled. All of her apprentice brothers loved her, but many knew that their utmost devotion to her would amount to nothing because none felt worthy of her. She respected her senior apprentice brother the most, for she loved him as an older brother just as he loved her as a younger sister. From young, he had doted on her and she clung to him.

Wai Tin Zi secretly hoped that Mei Kei and Tak Wah (Andy Lau) would one day marry each other, but he was too aware of their platonic relationship to expect anything to happen between the two. Tak Wah was nine years beyond Mei Kei’s senior, and she would forever more think of him as her older brother. At the same time, Wai Tin Zi was glad that his daughter intended to marry no one because it meant that she would be around for him to protect and love.

But things slowly changed with the appearance of Wan Su Lun (Deric Wan). When all of the new disciples’ eyes fell upon Wai Mei Kei, all but one of them became enchanted by her sweetness.

Tin Lok already had an intended in mind. When Tin Lok first met Mei Kei (Maggie Siu), he thought she was beautiful just as he thought Yang Gun Yu (Kristy Yang) was beautiful. He readily admitted to women being attractive, but he found none more attractive than his Bing Nhi. Whenever he closed his eyes, he could see and hear her laughing, and a smile would form across his face.

Su Lun guessed that Tin Lok already had a love, but he did not understand these wonderful feelings Tin Lok experienced. He would mock Tin Lok and cause the poor man more embarrassment without knowing what it was like to be in love until he met Mei Kei.

Su Lun saw the perfect wife in Wai Mei Kei. She was soft spoken, kind, and extremely feminine. Everyday, she would wake up and prepare breakfast for her father despite the maid’s protest. After that, she returned to her room and recited poetry and embroidered until it was lunchtime. She never failed to deliver meals to her father nor did she fail to remind him to eat. Su Lun found out that Mei Kei possessed no martial skills because her father disapproved of them for women. It touched him to know what a good and obedient daughter Mei Kei was. Perhaps, what made him love her even more was her attentiveness to all of the disciples. She made sure that they had enough blankets, that their pale green or dark green uniform was clean enough, and that they had food to eat. She was the little mistress of the manor, yet she did not act like it.

Of course, all of the new disciples also loved her, except for Tin Lok. The new disciples, except for Su Lun and Tin Lok, always ran to her and vied to get her attention despite her obvious discomfort. They flirted heavily with her until she could no longer endure the embarrassment, but she still made sure that their needs were met.

One morning, Mei Kei could not sleep much more and decided to walk around the manor before the sun came up. She happened to pass by the training ground and saw Su Lun fending for his friend. Mei Kei had heard about Tin Lok and disapproved of him for buying his spot. She did not understand why Su Lun befriended such a man, but seeing him risk his reputation for justice made her heart flutter. Surely he must know that he could not defeat the eighteen other disciples should they choose to combine strengths and fight him? Was he a foolish man or a man with a strong integrity? After hearing him speak, “I am warning you one last time. If I ever catch any one of you harming any one of our apprentice brothers then you will have to deal with me,” Mei Kei chose to believe the latter. Hence, from that day on, she noticed him more and soon fell in love with him.

Wan Su Lun was a very straightforward man who hated uncertainties. When he decided that he was in love with Wai Mei Kei, he sought her and asked, “Miss Wai, what would you do if you discovered that someone loved you?”

She hesitantly answered, “It depends on who. If any man told me this, I would probably apologize to him for not being able to return his feelings.”

Feeling rejected, Su Lun was about to turn around until Mei Kei continued, “Except for one man.”

He looked up and saw her turn away from him shyly. He decided to take his chances and professed his love.

His brashness shocked her, but she recovered from this quickly enough. She did not know how love worked, and she did not expect him to feel the same way. When he revealed his feelings, she could only utter, “Really?”

He nodded and held his breath, waiting for her to apologize for not feeling the same way. He stared at her, at her lovely eyes, at her silky and perfectly made black hair, at her rosy cheeks and full lips. He waited and waited until she had to repeat herself and he heard her the third time, “I’ve been in love with you for a while.”

Wai Tin Zi observed his daughter for some time and noticed a change in her. She looked more radiant and happier. The father and daughter always had a close relationship, and she finally confessed to him her feelings for Wan Su Lun. Wai Tin Zi approved of this choice. He noticed this young man’s natural talent for martial arts and his sincere effort to protect his friend, but he did not want his other disciples to think that he was playing favorites because his daughter loved this man. Thus, Wai Mei Kei’s love for Wan Su Lun actually hindered Su Lun from advancing in the school. Wai Tin Zi fully made sure that Su Lun could prove his worth to all of his apprentice brothers. Even though Su Lun should have advanced to the next stage in the first five months, Wai Tin Zi only allowed him to advance at the end of the first year.

All of the disciples found out about Su Lun and Mei Kei, and many envied Su Lun for his incredible luck. But none envied him and hated him more than the new disciples who Wan Su Lun left behind when he advanced to another class. These disciples knew that they could not harm Su Lun. But they could harm his sworn brother, Tin Lok. And who would be there to protect him from them?
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:11 AM.

woot! go Sun Lun! Whats in store for Tin Lok now!? ...looks like his in alot of trouble..
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Great story, Great character developement, and Great plot. Overall great writing.

Default shsds chapter 20

jigsta and hook on rice-thanks for your support. my brain has gone dead and creativity is not becoming on me. i guess you can say that i'm too lazy and lack the ambition to write a more complex story. so currently, i will still be developing the characters until i can do no more and then am forced to thicken the plot.
    comet-as for closure...it's coming. i guess i'll stick to that style though. i just wished i gave the characters ancient names instead of using their english names.

SHSDS 20

Wu Chi-lung (Nicky Wu), a young man in his early twenties, stared at the sign and read aloud the name of the restaurant situated in an isolated area in the rural. Many customers have used this as a pit stop to rest along their journey from one major city to the next. This young man stood still as he admired the simple decoration of the restaurant: an area outdoor with a sheet of cloth tied to four poles, one in each corner, to provide an adequate form of shade for the customers and the waiter. Once free from his other customers, the waiter ran over to the young man to serve him, which the man gladly obliged.

The waiter wiped the sweat off his forehead and showed the man to an empty table, “This way, mister. Please have a seat here. Is there anything you would like in particular?”

“I would like a pot of your hot tea.”

Shocked by his reply in this particularly hot afternoon, the waiter queried, “Are you certain about this?”

Seeing the man nod, the waiter returned with the man’s order before two burly customers beckoned him in their direction.

The young man poured himself a cup of tea and brought the cup closer to his nose so that he could enjoy the tea’s sweet aroma, “Ah, good tea. Nothing can refresh a person better than a delicious sip of tea.”

However, just right when he brought the cup to his mouth, a loud noise interrupted his moment. The two burly men hurried around the small outdoor restaurant and flipped over all of the tables around them.

The rest of the customers scattered away when they saw the brutality with which the men used to threaten the waiter, “What kind of crap are you serving us here?”

The shaken waiter pleaded with them, “Kind sirs, please understand that we are quite busy at this hour. I’ll go back and tell my wife to fix your order again.”

The two men’s eyes brightened upon hearing that there was a woman in the kitchen.

Seeing their evident lust, the waiter tried to distract them, “I apologize for the mistake. The meal will be on the house.”

The two men grunted and pushed the waiter aside; one said, “If she is the one responsible for the meal, then she is the one whom we should confront, right brother?” The other man laughed and both headed for the kitchen.

Bothered by these men’s behavior, Wu Chi-lung flicked his cup of tea at one of the men and knocked him down. The man quickly scrambled onto his feet, and both brothers angrily headed towards the young man to attack him. The man poured himself another cup of tea and flicked that cup at the other brother, causing him to topple over and fall backwards. The two men took out their knives and ran towards the young man, who flicked two more cups in their direction. The men failed to resist the impact and fell on their backs.

When they got up, they saw the young man drinking from the teapot. “You meddling son of a turtle, what business do you have to interfere with our affairs?”

Wu Chi-lung used his sleeve to wipe his mouth and smiled charmingly at them, “The affairs of the weak is my business.”

“Let us Huang brothers teach you a lesson to meddle in your elder’s business.”

The two men swung their knives at the young gentleman, who easily dodged their futile efforts at his life. He pushed one of the brothers down and poured tea into his mouth, “This tea will calm your temper!” just as the other brother tried to attack him from behind. Nonetheless, the young man back kicked him, forced him onto the ground, and fed him tea as well, “This tea will do you good. Just ask your brother.” The two brothers knew that they could not defeat the young man but were too proud to give up easily. After playing around the two brothers, Wu Chi-lung slammed them against the table and lectured, “With your strength and skills, you can do much good for the civilians of this town. Why do you choose to bully everyone?”

Many of the customers who observed the entire incident from a distance returned and gathered around the young man.

One person yelled, “Kill them for us. They’ve been threatening us and forcing us to pay them taxes to protect us. They haven’t done us any good at all.”

Another yelled, “They’ve robbed us of food and merchandise. This town will be better off without them.”

Meanwhile, a figure saw the crowd from a distance and was drawn to observe the incident as well.

Wu Chi-lung questioned the bully, “Is this true?”

The two men grunted and tried to deny everything, but the crowd argued and chanted, “They’re lying. Kill them!”

The two men panicked and begged the young man, “We’re wrong. We promise to change our ways if you forgive us.”

The young man appeared indecisive but in the end, he decided, “I believe that people can change. I’ll let you go, but if I hear a complaint from any of these civilians, I’ll go after you.” He loosened his grip on the men and let them free despite the disapprovals from the crowd.

The two men knelt down and bowed several times, “Thank you. Thank you.” The crowd dissolved after seeing that Wu Chi-lung refused to harm the two men.

The young man barely turned around before he witnessed a figure throwing chopsticks in the two brothers direction, and he could not stop the chopsticks from piercing the back of the men’s knees in time.

Wu Chi-lung looked at the figure hidden behind the covered straw hat and demanded, “Why did you do that?”

To his surprise, a melodic and feminine voice responded, “Unlike you, I don’t believe in letting people go so easily. I must teach them a lesson so that they’ll remember to change.”

“Miss, from the sound of your voice, I can tell that you are a young woman. It’s a pity that a young woman such as yourself can be so vicious.”

The woman crossed her arms and sneered, “It’s a pity that a good fighter like yourself can be so idiotic.”

Wu Chi-lung waved his arm and signaled for the two men to leave while the young lady tried to move around Wu Chi-lung to get to the two men. Chi-lung stopped her from following them, which provoked her to attack him. “Miss, is there a need for you to hurt them even more?”

The young lady tried to jump kick him but hit the air, “Mind your own business.”

Chi-lung smiled and replied, “You’re the one who interfered with my business,” and he somersaulted backwards to avoid another oncoming attack from her.

Just as she launched another attack, Chi-lung moved around her and took off her hat. He took a step back and allowed himself to admire the sight in front of him.

A wave of hair descended onto the girl’s shoulders as she stared at Chi-lung with eyes wide open in shock, “Give me back my hat!”

“Only if you tell me your name,” joked Chi-lung.

“In your dreams.” However, an echo from the distance drove the young lady to abandon her hat as she fled in the opposite direction from the echo.

Lau Dan came forth yelling, “Siu Bing, where are you? Siu Bing!” and he stopped short when he saw Chi-lung staring after a fleeting figure, “Excuse me young man.”

Chi-lung turned around and smiled, “How can I help you elder?”

Lau Dan explained, “I am looking for a missing person.”

“Oh, can you describe this person?”

The older man raised his hand up to a certain height and said, “This individual is this tall and is a master of disguise. Sometimes, this person appears as a male, sometimes female, sometimes old, and sometimes young.” Seeing the quizzical expression on the young man’s face, Lau Dan continued, “This individual is a young girl, very pretty, with big round eyes, a small frame and a very cheerful voice. However, she could be dressed up as anything so it would be hard for anyone to identify her. But I am certain that she will appear as herself in public this time.”

Wu Chi-lung raised his eyebrow and the man defended himself, “She ran away from home without any of her disguises this time. Have you seen anyone who resembles what I have described?”

Chi-lung closed his eyes and pretended to be lost in deep thought before he replied, “I have seen so many people today that I cannot say for sure if I have seen the girl you’ve described. Who am I looking for and where should I go if I find her?”

Lau Dan appeared hesitant but something familiar about Chi-lung made Lau Dan like him, and he trusted his instincts, “Her name is Leung Siu Bing. If you do see her, tell her to come home.”

Lau Dan took a piece of paper from his shirt and opened it for Chi-lung to see, “This is her. Thank you for your time, young man. I have a feeling that we will meet again in the near future.” Without warning, Lau Dan disappeared.

Chi-lung turned back to the direction where he last saw the young lady run and thought, “So her name is Leung Siu Bing. She is an interesting young lady indeed.”
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:16 AM.

Default shsds chapter 21

SHSDS 21

A young maiden stood near the edge of a clff with here eyes cast upwards as she pondered, “Brother, where are you?” Her big round eyes glistened with tears as she said aloud, “I hope you’ve found her safely.”

The wind blew strongly against her petite body and pushed the young maiden to stumble forward. A figure swiftly appeared and pulled her inland before the maiden could fall down the cliff.

The maiden laid in his arms in complete shock, for no one had ever dared to touch her in that manner before. She immediately slapped him as she got out of his embrace.

Lau Tak Wah (Andy Lau) covered his right cheek with his right hand as he questioned, “Miss, I saved your life. Why the treatment?”

The maiden looked at him and asked, “Do you know who I am? How dare you touch me? But then again you saved my life, so I will not punish you severely for offending me. We’ll call this even.”

Lau Tak Wah kept quiet for he did not know what to say in this situation. The maiden was so unreasonable! Looking at her rich attire, he would never have guessed beforehand that the lady lacked social etiquette.

He could only point his finger at her before he decided to forget about this incident, “Miss, seeing that you’re fine, I’ll head off.”

The maiden looked at him and asked accusingly, “Did I give you permission to leave?”

After getting his complete attention, the maiden continued, “You have good kung fu. Who are you and where are you from? Which sect do you belong to?”

Lau Tak Wah ignored her and used his levitation skills to jump far away.

After he left, a soldier ran towards the maiden and quickly kneeled down, “Greetings, Princess. Forgive this lowly servant for not being her earlier.”

Indeed, the young lady is none other than his majesty’s favorite daughter, Princess Meiling (Barbara Yung). Her peculiar attitude could only be the result of being spoiled heavily by everyone in the kingdom, everyone except for her full blooded brother. Only he had enough courage and foresight to teach her morals, manners, and kindness. Only he had the courage to discipline her whereas everyone else feared her. When he left the kingdom, the princess missed him terribly and decided to search for him. Even the king could not stop her from leaving the palace!

The princess looked at the soldier and said, “I want you to find some information about the owner of this necklace.”

Lau Tak Wah halted when he realized that his necklace was missing. His hands tightened into a fist and he cursed himself, “Lau Tak Wah, why are you so stupid? How are you ever going to find that girl to retrieve your necklace?”

Although the necklace has little monetary value to others, it is priceless to Lau Tak Wah for sentimental reasons. All disciples of the Wai School of Martial Discipline receive the necklace once they master the basics of the school’s martial arts, and Lau Tak Wah had carried this necklace on him for several years with pride. It was a part of him like his arm is a part of him. It was no less his identity than his name. Lau Tak Wah returned to the cliff to discover that it was empty.

Siu Bing (Vivian Leung) began to panic when she realized that she could not get rid of her pursuer. Two days earlier, she discovered that she was being followed and had failed to escape from her pursuer. She tried many tricks, and nothing worked.

When she finally reached an abandoned temple, she loudly said with annoyance, “Show yourself, you coward.”

A figure walked into the temple and Siu Bing recognized him as the meddlesome, handsome fellow from the restaurant.

Wu Chi-lung (Nickly Wu) smiled at her and asked, “Miss, who are you speaking to?”

Siu Bing asked him harshly, “Why are you following me?”

Wu Chi-lung innocently asked her, “I’m following you? Are you sure about that?”

Siu Bing gave him a “Hmmph!”

Wu Chi-lung smiled charmingly and continued, “You must be mistaken. It’s a coincidence that we meet again although I must say that it’s fate.”

Siu Bing glared at him and said coolly, “I don’t have time for this. You better stop following me or else you’ll regret it.” Siu Bing stormed out and Wu Chi-lung laughed and followed her.

It had been hours and Wu Chi-lung still chased after Siu Bing. Without warning him, Siu Bing attacked him with her fist and he easily avoided that.

Wu Chi-lung teased her, “How have I offended Miss?”

Siu Bing ignored his remark as she launched another attack; her movements were graceful and mesmerized Wu Chi-lung as Siu Bing used Scorpion Pinch Prey.

Again, Wu Chi-lung easily dodged the move, but this time he asked in wonder, “Who taught you that move?!!!”

Siu Bing laughed as she arrogantly said, “If you recognize this maneuver then you should know better than to interfere with this little miss’s business.”

No matter what happens, Wu Chi-lung would never forget that move. He witnessed this move when he was a young child, and he would never ever allow himself to forget this move. He can lose an arm, he can lose his reputation, but he will never forget this move.

He asked her less gently, “Who taught you this move?”

Siu Bing smirked and said, “Your martial arts may be better than mine, but don’t think that you can bully me!”

With that, she used her levitation skills to escape from Wu Chi-lung, but he continued to follow her. Siu Bing began to worry because she knew that she couldn’t outrun him. Siu Bing kept on moving away from him and paid little attention to her environment.

She could hear him call after her, “Miss, please stop. It is really important for me to know where you learned your martial arts. Please tell me who taught you.”

Siu Bing knew that the young and handsome gentleman could easily defeat her, but she would never betray her own parents. She would rather die than risk their lives. Given that the young handsome man’s skills were no match for her parents’, she still did not want to take risks. The young man could possibly work for a deadly organization, which could be an enemy of her parents. She began to realize how dangerous Wulin was.

She kept on running until she found a small cottage, isolated near the top of the hill. A thick and heavy mist enveloped the cottage, making it impossible for Siu Bing to look through the window from where she stood. Knowing that Wu Chi-lung was right behind her, Siu Bing had no choice but to barge into the cottage and was immediately attacked in the dark.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:19 AM.

Default shsds chapter 22

SHSDS 22

Wu Chi-lung (Nicky Wu) finally reached the cottage and eyed the scene with suspicion; his intuition hinted that something was not right about the environment. The cottage was well kept, but it was completely isolated from civilization, which was not uncommon. But the mist surrounding the cottage was very uninviting. Wu Chi-lung’s ears perked up as he heard sounds of fighting and objects being thrown and pushed back and forth from within.

Siu Bing (Vivian Leung) knew that she was losing the fight; it was dark inside and impossible for her to see her opponent. Even after her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she gained no advantage in the fight and decided to leave. She tried to exit the cottage but was pulled back in.

A whining voice finally called out, “Why are you leaving? I want to play some more!”

Siu Bing asked haughtily, “Who’s playing with you?”

The room suddenly lit up and Siu Bing saw an old woman in her 40’s dressed in children’s clothing with pig-tails. Her face had dirt all over it, making it difficult for anyone to distinguish her features. The old woman swiftly circled Siu Bing and it was too late before Siu Bing realized that she had already been tied up securely with a rope.

Disturbed and agitated, she asked, “Wai! Elder, why are you tying me up?”

The woman eyed Siu Bing and pouted, “Elder? Do you really think that I’m old? I’m only 10 years old. Is that too old to play with you?”

Siu Bing finally understood that the woman was crazy and decided to play along with the woman. She looked up and out the window and saw Wu Chi-lung grinning as he observed the situation.

Siu Bing said childishly, “I’m sorry. You’re not old at all! How can you be when you’re just several years younger than me?” She pretended to sigh and continued, “But how can I play with you when I’m tied up?”

The lady sat down and thought for a while before saying, “You’re very right! But how do I know that you won’t run away from me like everyone else did?” The old lady then shook her head wildly and said, “No, no! You’re going to be my playmate and I can’t let you go so soon. I’m a very likeable girl. Don’t worry, even if you’re tied up, we can still have fun. You’ll grow to like me.”

Siu Bing seriously sighed and said, “Elder,…”

The old woman corrected her and said, “Call me little sister!”

Siu Bing obeyed, “Little sister, I’m afraid that even if you tie me up, you still can’t keep me as your playmate.”

The old woman asked worriedly, “Why not?” Siu Bing replied, “Do you see that young man out there?”

When Wu Chi-lung heard this, he raised his eyebrows for he had already guessed her plan, “borrowing a saber to kill another.” Seeing how bizarre this old lady was and after witnessing her display of remarkable internal energy and speed with such agility, Wu Chi-lung knew that he would have a hard time fending himself against this woman. These two thought alike, for Siu Bing was planning to send the old woman after him to fight her battle.

He glanced at Siu Bing and yelled, “Very good! You are very intelligent, but I will not let this matter rest.” He then quickly left.

The old woman looked at Siu Bing and asked, “Why did he leave? Didn’t he want to join us?”

Siu Bing ignored the woman and squatted down on the ground. The old woman tried to talk to Siu Bing, but Siu Bing would always look in another direction and ignore the woman.

The woman finally got tearful and asked, “Why aren’t you talking to me? Do you really hate me?” The woman cried loudly until Siu Bing felt too much pity for the woman to treat her so coldly.

Siu Bing used her feet to gently tap the old woman and finally spoke, “Aye! Don’t cry. I promise that I’m not mad at you.”

The old woman stopped crying but she sniffled as she asked, “Then why are you so mean to me?”

Siu Bing answered, “Little sister, you tell me to call you little sister, but do you treat me as a big sister? You tie me up and I feel as though I have no respect. Now be a good little sister and free me.”

The old woman adamantly refused, “I can’t. I actually like you a lot so I can’t let you go. The other people were so mean to me. Only you’ve been this nice to me, so I can’t let you go! Come on, let’s go and play.”

Siu Bing did not move, and the old woman had to use her internal energy to pick up Siu Bing. “Big sister, I guarantee that you’ll have fun. Wait until I show you how beautiful the valley is.”

Even if Siu Bing was mad at the old lady before, she couldn’t stay mad for too long because she truly pitied the old woman. To think that Siu Bing is the nicest person the old woman has ever encountered was a bit too much for Siu Bing to endure.

Lost in her own thoughts, Siu Bing did not hear the old woman yell, “Hold on tightly!”

The woman swung Siu Bing onto her back and used her levitation skills to leap down to the valley from the mountain top.

Siu Bing almost vomited for she had never jumped such a great height in such a short time and thought, “This old woman is not to be fiddled with. Her kung fu is probably the best I’ve seen since I’ve entered Wulin. I wonder how my parents’ skills are compared to hers.” She had never met anyone who was able to travel down to the valley so swiftly with just a leap.

The old lady finally stopped and put Siu Bing down. She grabbed the loose end of the rope and yanked it; Siu Bing had no choice but to follow her. They finally entered the most beautiful and serene grassland that Siu Bing had ever seen, and all worries Siu Bing had earlier evaporated as Siu Bing looked at her surrounding.

Siu Bing saw the old lady chasing rabbits and butterflies, but she never let go of the rope. Siu Bing had to run along with the old lady.

By evening, the lady used her levitation skills to leap back up into the mountain, impressing and scaring Siu Bing much more, for she now knew that it would be impossible to escape from this crazy woman. Siu Bing tried various means to escape from the old lady, but the old woman tied the loose end of the rope securely around her own ankle, so if Siu Bing moved more than the rope allowed, it would wake up the lady.

Meanwhile, Wu Chi-lung had no intention of helping Siu Bing because he knew that once she escaped from the old lady, he would have to chase after her. He had many questions that he needed her to answer; furthermore, what was it about this young girl that made his heart beat so rapidly? Whatever it was, it made it really difficult for him to resist being near her.

At the end of the first week, Siu Bing found an opportunity to escape. The woman desperately needed to relieve herself in the outhouse and failed to hit Siu Bing’s acupuncture points to immobilize her. While the lady’s pants were down, Siu Bing swiftly untied the rope and snuck away quietly. She suddenly heard a painful cry coming from the outhouse; thinking that it was the old woman’s trick to lure her back, Siu Bing ran off even faster. When she left the cottage, it occurred to her that the old lady had the mentality of a child and was not sophisticated enough to trick anyone; furthermore, with her kung fu, she could easily chase after Siu Bing no matter how far she had traveled. “What if something did happen to her? She treated you kindly, Siu Bing, you cannot leave her if she really needs help! But if you return to her, you’ll never see Brother Koo! But he’ll disapprove of you if he ever finds out that you didn’t help that poor woman.”

Siu Bing immediately returned to the cottage and found the woman passed out next to the out house. She brought the woman back into her bedroom and tended to her needs. When the woman woke up, she immobilized Siu Bing.

The woman smiled and said tiredly with much effort, “I knew that you were a good person,” and she passed out again after screaming in agony from obvious distress and pain.

The woman continued to play with Siu Bing and brought her down to the valley daily. Siu Bing was terribly upset that the woman did not let her free and tried her best to ignore the old lady, but the old lady obviously cared for Siu Bing and that made it difficult for Siu Bing to resent her.

One day, the old woman was extremely restless and chased after all butterflies and rabbits and made Siu Bing follow her by pulling onto the loose end of the rope until Siu Bing was too tired and said, “Little sister, please rest. Big sister is too old to chase so many animals in one day.”

The old lady laughed delightfully as she said, “I forget that old people are less energetic than us younger people.”

Siu Bing could only smile at her comment; however, she frowned when she remembered that she would not be able to find Tin Lok (Louis) anytime soon. How much she missed him! Did he still think of her? She silently thought, “Brother Koo, when will we meet again?”

The old lady missed Siu Bing’s expressions as she continued to talk, “Big sister, I must remember that you need to rest more often. Thank you for reminding me. But that butterfly over there is so pretty, I just want to chase it all day.”

Siu Bing pulled the old woman down and pleaded with her to wait a bit longer. Siu Bing was still breathing heavily from overexerting herself in one day.

The old woman suddenly hit her own head and exclaimed, “Why didn’t I think of that before?! I’m a terrible little sister, but I’ll make it up to you. Big sister, I have the perfect solution to help you have more energy. The old lady pulled out from her shirt, a very old book.

Siu Bing read the title aloud, “Collapsing Mountain Strokes Manual."
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:25 AM.

Default chapter 23

SHSDS 23

Today was the most celebrated day at the Wai Manor. Every year, Wai Tin Zi (Austin Wai) neglected to celebrate the Autumn Moon Festival and the other important days of festivity because he was a man who enjoyed peace and solitude. Celebrations brought too much chaos and unnecessary guests who he would be compelled to entertain. What made this day so different from the rest of the year that would cause this man to deviate from his character? Today was the only day he would go to the extremes to decorate his home elaborately and socialize with people who he felt indifferent towards. Today was Wai Mei Kei’s (Maggie Siu) birthday.

Mei Kei carefully chose an outfit to wear for this day. It was because was her special day; more importantly, she especially wanted to look beautiful for Wan Su Lan (Deric Wan). She smiled dreamily as she thoght about her relationship with him and about her father’s approval of their secret engagement. It had almost been a year since Su Lan arrived at the Wai School of Martial Discipline, and already Su Lan earned the title of second senior apprentice brother of the entire school. Mei Kei could not find words to describe how proud she was of his rapid progression, and Wai Tin Zi could not help but be impressed by such a talented and diligent disciple. Nobody had ever earned such recognition in such a short time in his school. Mei Kei walked over to Su Lan’s room and knocked on his door only to discover that he has already left his room that morning.

Wan Su Lan excitedly walked down the busy street while eyeing a particular store.

“Second senior apprentice brother, there’s no need to hurry! The store isn’t open yet,” yelled Koo Tin Lok (Louis Koo) who lagged behind Su Lan.

“I know that, but I cannot help it. I have personally ordered her gift months in advance, but problems surfaced which delayed its delivery. I need to make sure that it’s here.” replied a distressed Su Lan.

Tin Lok smiled, for he knew his best friend too well. He had seen Su Lan and Mei Kei’s love blossom over the past months, and he easily identified with Su Lan’s anxiety. It was strange what love could do to men, even the best of them.

The owner of the jewelry shop finally opened the door to the shop, and Su Lan immediately greeted him, “Elder, how are you today?”

The owner recognized him, “Young man, it’s you again! Come in.” The owner walked behind the merchandise stand and took out a small box and unlocked it. He picked up an amethyst pendent and presented it to Su Lan, “I’m sorry the order took longer than expected. This young lady is quite a lucky lady to have such a devoted love like you.”

Tin Lok quickly slapped Su Lan’s back as he cheekily responded to the owner, “Second senior apprentice brother is really a romantic.”

Su Lan playfully elbowed Tin Lok, “If Miss Leung (Vivian Leung) was around, I would have a lot to learn from you, Koo junior apprentice brother.”

Tin Lok grinned and looked around until his eyes fixated on an extraordinary hairpiece. Without diverting his eyes, he asked, “How much is that?”

“You have exquisite taste, young man. That hair piece is in a class of its own, and the price reflects its rarity,” lowering his voice, the owner whispered the price. Tin Lok widened his eyes in disbelief at the price. He wished to give this hairpiece to Siu Bing as a token of his love and admiration for her because he had never seen a piece of jewelry more beautiful and more worthy of his Bing Nhi. Alas, he could not afford it and left the store empty handed.

Tin Lok walked back in silence until Su Lan probed him to talk, “Koo junior apprentice brother, I am sure that Miss Leung would be more touched if she knew how often you think about her than if you had given her the hairpiece.”

Tin Lok feebly smiled, “You truly are my best friend. But I was just thinking about how I haven’t seen Bing Nhi in over a year. At the rate I am progressing with my martial arts, I wonder when will I ever be ready to find her? Can she wait 5, 10 years for me?”

Wan Su Lan honestly did not know how to respond to that. Instead, he wished to see his friend happy and decided to tell his friend a secret, “Koo junior apprentice brother, I have some good news for you. Si fu has decided to rank you as number 20 among all the disciples.”

Tin Lok became joyous at this news.

Wai Tin Zi had over 100 disciples, and he only ranked the top 20 disciples. He did not follow mo lam’s protocol in ranking disciples, and he did things his own way. A disciple’s ranking could change monthly, thus making it an incentive for his disciples to work hard. However, the top 5 spots were permanent, and Wai Tin Zi was careful about who he ranked to be in the top five. So far, only the first two of the 5 spots were filled by Lau Tak Wah (Andy Lau) and Wan Su Lan. To be placed in the top 20 was considered an immense achievement which came with prestige within the school. Su Lan worked hard for his position, but Tin Lok worked even harder. Wai Tin Zi saw great potential in Tin Lok. After observing him for about a year, Wai Tin Zi decided that it was time to promote Tin Lok. Wai Tin Zi observed and liked what he had seen: Tin Lok had mastered the basic techniques and his stances were the sturdiest out of all of the disciples. Tin Lok was the only disciple who entered the school without any kind of training in martial arts, and for him to be ranked in less than a year is an amazing accomplishment. Although Tin Lok did not have a natural disposition and talent for learning martial arts, he compensated by investing endless hours in his training and was very solid with his execution of the moves.

The other students at the school began to feel intimated by how rapidly Tin Lok was progressing. They were in the school for a longer period, but they were never ranked. Many were jealous and treated him with much hatred. Tin Lok endured much pain, scrutiny, and torture from his other apprentice brothers in the past year. They harassed him and made life difficult for him and made sure that he was punished and humiliated severely by the senior apprentice brothers when they framed him for a crime which they committed. Tin Lok patiently prevailed and Wai Tin Zi was well aware of this. He never interfered to side with Tin Lok. During this period, Tin Lok’s silently swallowed all of his sufferings and humiliation.

Tin Lok smiled widely, still captured in disbelief by the good news. A maiden walked by him and blushed when she looked at him.

Su Lan teased, “Tin Lok, it’s unbelievable that you can remain so faithful to a woman you haven’t seen in a year when so many women all around you are attracted to you.”

“Only Bing Nhi is in my heart.”

From above, a young lady poured herself another cup of tea. Suddenly, the cup of tea overflowed and her left hand’s grip on her sword tightened. “Gun Yu (Kristy Yang), are you alright?” Hearing nothing from her, Mr. Yang (Simon Yam) followed her gaze.

He heard her mutter, “Why is he here?” The sight of Tin Lok still caused her heart to be filled with pain yet she was happy to see him after so long.

Mr. Yang said aloud, “If he’s here then that little witch is probably around here.” He began to panic until he carefully observed Tin Lok’s uniform, “Can it be that he is now a disciple of Wai Tin Zi? Very good! If he is then we are protected from the Leung family.”

Yang Gun Yu heard nothing her father said and swiftly got up but was stopped by Mr. Yang.

“Father!” she pleaded.

“Gun Yu, what are you thinking?”

“I don’t know. I just know that I need to see him and talk to him.”

“I cannot believe that you still have that idiot in your heart. Why waste your love on him?”

“Father, no matter what you say, you cannot change my mind. I will not agree to the marriage with…”

“Quiet! This place is too public to discuss this.”

Yang Gun Yu meekly sat down in her chair and remained quiet as a tear slid down her eye.

Mr. Yang sighed, “Gun Yu, you are my daughter. I only want what’s best for you, but if it pleases you, then I’ll let you know that we will see him again today.”

By evening, most of the guests arrived and each took turns wishing Mei Kei well. Everybody stopped to praise her beauty, and the young male guests desperately try to obtain her attention. Soon, a laughter echoed throughout the room as Mr. Yang steps into the room with Gun Yu directly behind him.

He loudly declared, “Brother Wai, it is amazing that you can raise such a beautiful daughter all by yourself!”

All the young gentlemen became excited upon laying eyes at the dazzling beauty behind Mr. Yang. Gun Yu scanned the room for Tin Lok but could not find him.

The young men’s excitement increased significantly with the arrival of an extremely cute and cheerful looking young lady. Never in their lifetime did these young men expected to be in the same room with three outstandingly attractive women. The new guest was none other then Princess Meiling, who quickly looked around the room, obviously searching for someone.

Lau Tak Wah frowned once he recognized the newly arrived guest to be the same young lady who stole his necklace. He calmly walked toward her until Wai Tin Zi pulled him aside to introduce the newly arrived guests, “Tak Wah, I want you to meet a friend of mine, General Lam. And this is Miss…”

General Lam (Raymond Lam) introduced Princess Meiling under a false identity, “This is my cousin Lee Qing Qing.”

Meiling politely nodded her head in acknowledgement and Lau Tak Wah backed down, for he did not wish to disrespect any of his Si Fu’s guests.

Meanwhile, Gun Yu finally spotted Tin Lok as he entered from the corridor.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:26 AM.

I really enjoy this story.

I am kinda confused through, is Tin Lok suppose to be good at learning martial arts. I think you said he struggled and had to work really hard at it, but later said he advance very fast and his peers hated him. Now the two doesn't have to be mutually exclusive, but they usually are. So is he getting better because he works so hard at it, or he has some talent for it?

hello demitre, sorry for the confusion. even i failed to realize the inconsistency in the text...maybe if i ever go back to edit it, i'll add in the following:

tin lok struggled with martial arts for he had absolutely no training in it. most of his initial challenges were secondary to learning the basic moves at an older age (compared to say someone who is 10), somewhat like learning a new language at a later age in life. it was especially more difficult for him since his body was not used to such a rigorous disciplined schedule and such movements. however, once he mastered a foundation in terms of martial arts and better comprehended the instructions (written without anyone to guide him or simplified them), he recognized a system which worked well for him and he recognized patterns within his sect's martial arts which allowed him to accelerate in his progression.

it's somewhat like an action potential where the effort he invested helped him overcome the initial threshold, and after that, everything he picked up is from his natural ability to learn well. hope that makes sense. if not, then i have some serious editting to do. thanks for reading.

EDIT: scratch the above explanation...tin lok is not gifted at martial arts but he is a super hard worker.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-14-05 at 10:08 PM.

Ah i c, that makes a lot more sense now, thank you.

Default chapter 24

it's been a long time since i've updated. if there are any inconsistencies, please let me know so i can fix it. it took me a while to write this (due to forgetting my original plot and the characters involved). but here it is again...and i will eventually edit it (i haven't bothered to look over this chapter since i'm pressed for time tonight). don't know if anyone is still reading this. but i hope you do enjoy it.

SHSDS 24

Koo Tin Lok-Louis Koo
    Leung Siu Bing-Noel Leung

Cheng Siu Chow-Adam Cheng
    Chiu Ngai Chi (Mrs. Koo)-Angie/Gigi Chiu
    Lau Tak Wah-Andy Lau
    Ng Kai Wah-Lawrence Ng
    Wai Mei Kei-Maggie Siu
    Wai Tin Zi-Austin Wai
    Yang Gun Yu-Kristy Yang
    Mr. Yang-Simon Yam

As Tin Lok walked down the corridor, his mind was distracted by a nagging feeling as though he had forgotten something when suddenly, he recalled that he left Mei Kei’s gift back in his bedroom. He excused himself from his apprentice brothers and ran back to his room.

From afar Gun Yu stared disappointedly at his back. Would he be happy to see her? Had he seen her at all? Seeing that her father was occupied in a conversation with Wai Tin Zi, she carefully snuck away from the group and followed Tin Lok; however, her delay in her decision to follow him caused her to lose sight of him. She remembered seeing him walk down the corridor but she did not know where he had gone from there. She had never been to the Wai Manor before, and the estate was much too grand for her to search every corner to find Tin Lok. Nevertheless, she refused to return to the main room. Besides for her father, she did not care for anyone else at the party; therefore, she would rather search a part of the estate.

Tin Lok walked past the small garden, and he heard a horrific scream. He reflexively grabbed onto the sword as he approached the room and knocked on it, “Miss, are you alright?”

Silence. He knocked a second time and after receiving no reply, he barged into the room and came face to face with a masked intruder. He quickly scanned the room and saw a young lady brutally murdered. He pointed at the intruder, “Murderer, you are too gutsy to attack during my apprentice sister’s celebration.”

He quickly drew out his sword and charged towards the intruder. In less than two strokes, the intruder stole his sword and plunged it into the dead victim and withdrew his own sword from the body. In no time, the intruder escaped through the window and somersaulted to the roof.

Tin Lok ran back to the body to take out his sword. As he grabbed onto it, a voice could be heard, “Daughter!”

An older man with teary eyes ran up to the victim and screamed, “Who did this to you?” He looked up and saw Tin Lok’s hands on the sword. His eyes narrowed as he vowed, “You? If I don’t kill you then I am not Death Palm Ng Kai Wah!”

Tin Lok eyes widened when he realized that he was mistaken for a murderer. He tried to explain but could not get out a word for Ng Kai Wah used his deadliest strokes against Tin Lok. Fortunately, Ng Kai Wah was much too emotionally affected to properly execute the move; nonetheless, Tin Lok received a fatal blow. He immediately collapsed and blood squirted out of his mouth. His body ached like never before and he failed to get himself up. He heard his ribs break. Ng Kai Wah advanced but his strokes were intercepted by another. Tin Lok looked up and saw Wai Tin Zi.

He did not even have the strength to properly muster, “Teacher.”

Ng Kai Wah threw his arms down as he demanded to Wai Tin Zi, “Get out of my way.”

“Brother Chun, he is my student. Let me handle this.”

“He’s your student, that is why I will not allow you to handle this. You will be too lenient on him.”

“If he really killed your daughter as you suspected then he will be punished accordingly.”

“You saw it with your own eyes. There is no need to wait.”

Ng Kai Wah attacked Wai Tin Zi. Although both men were equally skilled, Wai Tin Zi was much more calm, thus he performed better and was easily able to control Ng Kai Wah.

Frustrated, Ng Kai Wah exclaimed, “Good! Very good. We have been friends for twenty years, but because of this son of a turtle you have turned yourself against me.” Ng Kai Wah stormed out of the room and vowed, “Tin Zi, you have made an enemy out of me.”

Ng Kai Wah disciples followed him out.

Wai Tin Zi knelt down and examined Tin Lok’s wound. He turned to Tak Wah and ordered, “Bring the medicine kit here. He is heavily injured.”

After Tak Wah left, Tin Zi turned his full attention to Tin Lok and explained, “I know you did not do it; you’re not that foolish. However, we have to place you in a cell until we can prove that you are innocent.”

Tin Lok passed out.

Meanwhile, Gun Yu witnessed the event. She silently followed the disciples who brought Tin Lok to the dungeon.

Later that evening, Gun Yu snuck up from behind and hit the nape of the guards’ neck and they fainted. She quickly searched for the key and quietly released Tin Lok. She brought him out and to the closest inn. Much later that night, Tin Lok finally woke up. He grimaced from the pain; however, he temporarily forgot about the pain when he realized that he was in a strange environment. The door opened and a young lady walked in holding a tray with a teapot and tea cups. He recognized her, “Miss Yang?”

Her eyes lit up when she saw that he had finally woken. “Tin Lok!” She rushed over and supported him up.

He felt confused, “Why am I here?”

She bit her lips. “I saved you.”

He panicked. “Oh no, I must get back before Teacher misunderstands me.” He attempted to stand but was too weak.

Gun Yu gently forced him back down. “It’s better for you to never return.” Seeing his unwillingness to cooperate, she further explained, “Ng Kai Wah is not an enemy you want to have. He is ruthless and will resort to any tactic to get what he wants. Since he believes that you killed his daughter, he will come after you.”

“Teacher knows that I am innocent and he will protect me.”

“Your teacher will not always be by your side. And if you really love your teacher, you should stay away from him. Besides as long as you’re around, your teacher and all of your apprentice brothers will be in danger.”

He reluctantly agreed, for he knew that Death Palm Ng Kai Wah earned his reputation for his monstrous deeds. He was feared by everyone because he could kill without remorse, and he could kill faster than one could blink. “You’re right, but what should I do now?”

Without hesitating, Gun Yu replied, “You can travel with me.”

Remembering his last interaction with Mr. Yang, Tin Lok felt uncomfortable. Gun Yu knew what he was thinking and quickly added, “You don’t have to worry about my dad. I am currently traveling alone, and it would be nice to have a friend with me.” Although she lied, she knew her father had fully recovered and was safe to go home by himself. Furthermore, she did not wish to see her fiancé and hoped to delay the marriage for as long as she could.

For the next two weeks, Gun Yu and Tin Lok traveled around and walked from town to town at night time. In truth, Gun Yu had no destination in mind and Tin Lok began to recognize her feelings for him. He felt uneasy around her, and when he had recovered a bit, he decided to go back home to Wulan and to be with his mom. He missed her terribly and hoped that Ng Kai Wah would never find him there. Gun Yu naturally tried to convince Tin Lok to stay with her, but she had her pride and gave up trying when Tin Lok repeated his wish to leave her side.

On the day he left, Gun Yu asked, “Tin Lok, will you think about me when you’re gone?”

His eyes told her all. Gun Yu nodded her head, “I understand. Miss Leung is a very lucky woman.”

“Miss Yang, I am not good enough for you. You will find someone who is better for you. I wish you well.”

“Before you leave, let me give you an advice. Disguise yourself. Ng Kai Wah has many followers wandering everywhere. It is best that he does not recognize you. Understand?”

“Thanks for everything.”

“Wait! Here, take this. It will come in handy in the future.” She placed a small pouch in his hand. “If you are ever in danger, release this.” Her eyes were teary. He nodded, but she held onto him tightly, “Tin Lok.” She cried.

He allowed her to rest against him until he said, “It’s time for me to go. I am sorry.” He released himself from her hold and left.

He arrived to his hometown weeks later, safely. As he was in disguise, no one recognized him initially, not even his mother. However, mother and son soon reunited and celebrated the occasion. Tin Lok soon readapted to his routine as a waiter and life was peaceful for him again. Unfortunately, it did not last for long.

One day, a large party arrived at the inn. The leader of the group was a Taoist who looked like an ordinary person. Nothing significant could be observed about him except for his extraordinarily extravagant gold wardrobe. The party stayed at the Lotus Inn for a week, and business was good. Everyone kept busy tending to the party. Soon the employees all discovered the large party belonged to the Phoenix Brothers, a well known righteous organization. The waiters happily took care of them as they had always admired them for their good deeds and hard work. The waiters and townsmen were even more excited as they learned that the Taoist was none other than Pure Thoughts Cheng Siu Chow (Adam Cheng) - a powerful martial artist who devoted his life to helping the weak and needy.

One night, Tin Lok woke up from his pain. It had been a while since his chest had ached. Funny, he thought. He couldn’t rest and decided to take a walk when he saw a figure going to his mother’s room. He followed the figure and listened outside of his mom’s room.

“Ngai Chi.” It was Cheng Siu Chow.

“Don’t call me that.”

Tin Lok couldn’t remember his mom ever sounding so angry.

“It’s been how many years and you still have not yet forgiven me?”

“Hmph. You are a despicable human being, and it makes me sick to see how other people worship you.”

“Everything I did was for you, though.”

“You tore my family apart! I had to leave everything behind so that you wouldn’t come after Tin Lok.”

“Your husband was weak. Don’t blame me for his habits.” The usually calm Taoist was exceptionally emotional that night.

“You purposely introduced him to opiods and gambling. Even after he stopped, you encouraged him to continue. Tell me, what kind of a friend are you?”

“I had warned you that you would regret choosing him over me.”

Tin Lok created a small opening through the paper window to observe the events in his mom’s room. He saw the Taoist stepping closer to his mom.

His mom pushed him away, “Cheng Siu Chow, you are drunk.”

Tin Lok barged into the room. “Smelly Taoist, leave my mom alone.”

Siu Chow looked at Tin Lok and scrutinized him, “What a lousy son you have Ngai Chi. Did you know that he single-handedly kill Ng Kai Wah’s daughter?”

Ngai Chi’s eyes widened. She knew of Ng Kai Wah and what he was capable of. She worried for her son. Tin Lok misinterpreted his mom’s reaction for anger and yelled out, “You know that isn’t true.”

Cheng Siu Chow quickly immobilized and muted him. He closed the door and walked over to Ngai Chi. “This is too perfect. Not only can I gain Ng Kai Wah’s favor, I can also get back at you for choosing my apprentice brother over me. I warned you that you would regret it.”

Ngai Chi feebly attempted to get away but failed. Siu Chow immobilized her and slowly undressed her. He placed her on her bed and raped her while Tin Lok stood helpless, eyes tight shut, listening to his mother’s weak cry as she too was muted.

EDIT: i had forgotten that chun pui already has another role in this fic. hence, DEATH PALM has been replaced with lawrence ng.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-05-05 at 04:55 PM.

SHSDS 25

Koo Tin Lok-Louis Koo
    Leung Siu Bing-Noel Leung
    Cheng Siu Chow-Adam Cheng
    Cheung Ho Yee-Maggie Cheung
    Chiu Ngai Chi (Mrs. Koo)-Angie/Gigi Chiu
    Lau Tak Wah-Andy Lau
    Wai Mei Kei-Maggie Siu
    Wai Tin Zi-Austin Wai
    Wu Chi-lung-Nicky Wu
    Yang Gun Yu-Kristy Yang
    Yang Dat Wah-Simon Yum
    Yip Suen-Michelle Ye

The evening overwhelmed him, for the events were much too much for him to handle. The simple life he knew no longer existed ever since he was forced to witness his mother’s violation. His anger consumed him, and he felt completely useless. At all cost, he would revenge his mom’s honor.

After Cheng Siu Chow finished with Ngai Chi, he laid to her right, “Ngai Chi, I repeatedly warned you in the beginning, but you refused to listen to me. This is your outcome.” He looked up at the ceiling then closed his eyes as he whispered, “I made a promise to myself to hurt you as much as you’ve hurt me.”

Ngai Chi focused her internal energy. It had been over twenty years since she last used any martial arts; she was uncertain if she could release her pressure points. She shut out Siu Chow’s words as she concentrated on freeing herself. Her eyes snapped open. She moved her eyes in his direction, and when he least expected it, she attacked him.

Even though Ngai Chi surprised Cheng Siu Chow, he was skilled enough to protect himself in time. He sneered at her, “What do you hope to achieve?”

She quickly covered herself with the bed sheet. “I will seek vengeance for what you did to my family.”

“After all of these years in hiding, do you think you are able to defeat me?”

She knew he was right. Whereas she stopped practicing her martial arts altogether, Siu Chow rapidly improved and was considered one of the greats in mo lam currently.

She spat his name sarcastically, “Pure Thoughts Cheng Siu Chow. Ha, ha, ha.”

He thought she had gone mad and did not know what to anticipate next; however, he would be prepared. Rather then advancing towards him, Ngai Chi somersaulted over to Tin Lok and released his pressure points.

She pushed him through the doors and ordered, “Run and seek vengeance for me.”

He resisted, “I will not leave you here.”

“If you don’t leave, my ghost will never rest in peace.”

“Mother!”

She used all of her energy to palm him out of her room as she screamed, “Save yourself and don’t let me die in vain.” She immediately shut the door after that and when she turned around Cheng Siu Chow had fully dressed himself.

He smiled sinisterly as he advanced towards her. “Ngai Chi, you’re not that good in bed. It’s no wonder your deceased husband would rather be at the casinos.”

“You will not get away with this!”

“We’ll see.” He jumped towards her and plunged a knife through her. After confirming that she was dead, he redressed her and silently left her bedroom.

A gong echoed throughout the inn as Cheng Siu Chow called for an urgent meeting. When everyone gathered in the dining room, Siu Chow revealed, “Tonight, Koo Tin Lok and his mother made an attempt to assassinate me.” He sighed for the effect and continued, “His father and I were once friends until he drastically changed for the worse, and Tin Lok and his mother blamed me for this. Fortunately, heaven has eyes and allowed me to see through their attempt tonight. Seeing that they failed, Ngai Chi committed suicide whereas Tin Lok escaped. In a way, I feel responsible for their family’s outcome, but I have tried many times to help Tin Lok’s father.” He paused and stroked his beard before commanding his disciples, “Tonight, you are responsible for his capture and bring him back live. I want to tell him the truth so all of this hatred and misunderstanding can be cleared.”

His disciples echoed, “Yes, Teacher.” They dispersed.

Meanwhile, Tin Lok ran and ran to where his legs could take him. His vision was blurry from the tears streaming down from his eyes. Suddenly, he heard many footsteps. He turned around and saw the disciples from the Phoenix Brothers trailing him. He kept running until he came to the edge of a cliff. The disciples hesitated to come near him as they knew their teacher wanted them to bring him back live; furthermore, there was an eerie mist which surrounded the cliff.

Caught between the cliff and the disciples, Tin Lok suddenly remembered the pouch Yang Gu Yu gave him. Without another second of delay, he released the content of the pouch and a signal shoot up in the sky.

The disciples looked at one another when they realized that it was a distress signal.

One yelled out, “The Black Serpentine help signal! He’s with the demon cult.”

Another called out, “Then we must rid the world of this troublemaker.”

All of the disciples positioned themselves and soon fought in a formation. Tin Lok retaliated but was outnumbered and could not defeat them. He quickly ran back to the cliff, glanced down, and decided to take a risk. He must survive to seek vengeance for his mom’s honor. He jumped down. The disciples ran to the edge and looked down, but the mist and darkness made it difficult for them to see the bottom of the cliff.

Siu Bing woke up and her heart pounded strongly and loudly. She had a vivid nightmare about Tin Lok; it was the first time she ever had a nightmare about him. Did something happen to him? She quickly grabbed her belonging and walked out of her room when she suddenly heard a painful scream. She ran to the crazy woman’s room and barged in.

She saw her in agony on the floor and immediately ran to her, “Little Sister, what happened?”

The old woman shook in pain and clutched onto her stomach as she screamed, “It’s too much. Make the pain stop!”

All of a sudden, a voice from outside could be heard. “Teacher, Disciple is here to greet you.”

Siu Bing looked out the window and saw a five young women about her age. The old woman continued to scream in pain, and Siu Bing returned to her.

Helping the old woman back onto her bed, Siu Bing wondered, “Little Sister, why does that girl out there call you Teacher?”

The old woman clutched tightly onto Siu Bing and muttered, “She’s evil! She’s evil! She did this to me.”

“You never told me you had a disciple.”

“I don’t know what a disciple is. Be careful, that girl is evil.”

The young girl called out again, “Teacher, I am here to bring you your medication.”

Siu Bing looked at the old lady and suggested, “Let me take care of this.” Siu Bing stepped out and faced a group of five young women who looked at her with surprise.

A young lady from the group arrogantly introduced herself, “I am Yip Suen (Michelle Ye), the first disciple of Cheung Ho Yee (Maggie Cheung).”

“What do you want?”

“I am here to negotiate with her. Who are you?”

“How can you negotiate with a crazy old woman?”

“She has fooled you as well?” Without preamble, Yip Suen took out her saber and somersaulted towards Siu Bing. Soon, the four other women followed.

For the past seven months, Siu Bing had practiced the Collapsing Mountain Strokes Manual but she had only mastered one third of the manual. She knew that she could not defeat all five women at once; if only she could fight against each individually. Yip Suen knew her opponent was weakening and kicked Siu Bing when she was occupied with the other women. Suddenly, a handsome gentlemen caught Siu Bing when she was mid-air and carefully landed. Siu Bing looked up and recognized him.

The gentleman smiled flirtatiously, “We’ve never officially introduced ourselves. I am Wu Chi-lung (Nicky Wu).”

Yip Suen looked at the handsome man and grinned as she sweetly bowed and introduced herself, “Young Master Wu, greetings. I am Yip Suen, the first disciple of Cheung Ho Yee.”

Siu Bing freed herself from Wu Chi-lung’s grip and he chuckled. “Miss, I helped break your fall. Can I at least have your name?” Seeing that she ignored him, he laughed. “Even if you don’t tell me, I can guess your name. It must be Leung Siu Bing.”

Realizing that her goal would not be met that night, Yip Suen tossed Siu Bing a small bottle and instructed, “Give this to my teacher. It should help her through this month. I have already done my share as a disciple. Starting next month, I will give her the medicine less frequently unless she cooperates with me.”

The five women walked away from the cottage. As Yip Suen passed Wu Chi-lung, she smiled at him and whispered against his ear, “Young Master Wu, I hope to see you again.”

After the women left, Siu Bing ordered Wu Chi-lung, “It’s late. You should go home.”

He grinned, “Is this the thanks I get for saving you?”

She tip toed and stared at him more intensely, “I didn’t need you to save me. No matter what, I will not tell you who my teacher is.” Regardless of any kind deed he showed her, she would never risk bringing harm to her parents; her experience with Yang Dat Wah had taught her to distrust people.

He raised his eye brows in amusement. “Sooner or later, I will find out. Good night, Miss Leung.”

Siu Bing brought the bottle to the old woman, “Here’s what you need Little Sister. Or should I say Madam Cheung?”

The woman quickly grabbed a pill from the bottle and swallowed it. After the pain subsided, she looked at Siu Bing and said apologetically, “I can explain. Twenty five years ago, my beauty was known across the country and many men wanted to wed me. I eventually married and gave birth to a daughter; unfortunately, my husband died too suddenly too soon. You can imagine, I was raised in a very privileged household since young, and after my husband’s death, I was devastated. I had no skills and a daughter to raise. Soon, I had various proposals from men all across the country, but I was grieving for my husband who I loved dearly. So I thought of a plan to help myself and delay any decision to marry again. I made a bargain with those men. Whoever could give me the most valuable gift would win me, and I gave them a twenty year deadline. During this time period, I received many treasures, including kung fu manuals, and I soon learned martial arts and created a small sect. Unfortunately, I have eyes but cannot see people and recruited Yip Suen. At first I felt sorry for her because she was an orphan. I never expected her to turn against me because of greed. She knew I had an extremely rare and powerful kung fu manual that I kept secret from her. So she turned against me. She harmed my daughter, poisoned me, and turned all of my disciples against me. I had to pretend to be crazy in order to buy time and not turn over the manual to her. I knew if I gave her what she wanted, she would kill my daughter. Equally important, I had to pretend to be crazy so anyone who passed by this area would not suspect my identity and attempt to steal the manual. Only more recently did she realize that I had faked my insanity.”

“Where is your daughter now?”

“With Yip Suen. If Yip Suen did not hold my daughter captive, I would not be so helpless against her.”

“Which manual did Yip Suen want from you?”

“Collapsing Mountain Strokes Manual.”
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-08-05 at 07:06 PM.

Hmm...where did I left off? i'll catch up sometime...but don't worry I'll still read your fanfic...

Whoops...I guess it was the other fanfic that I was reading...I haven't read this one yet....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

jus wanted ta let ya kno that this story is 1derful......hope u can keep up w/ it and continue......tho i havnt gotten really far but it is really good!!!!!! plzzzzzzzzzzz continue!!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

thanks for reminding me...i've been too caught up in my ray-tav obsession that i have almost forgotten about this fic. i will update it soon...so my next posting will be an update for sure. i'm just surprised that i still have readers for this fic.

so please wait until my next update and you'll see.