Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why is Xiao Long Nu considered the most beautiful girl in Jing Yong Universe?

Default Why is Xiao Long Nu considered the most beautiful girl in Jing Yong Universe?

Everytime there is a question on who is the most beautiful female character in Jin Yong universe, the majority (99%) of respondent will give Xiao Long Nu as the answer. And everytime there is a list of most beautiful female character in Jin Yong universe, XLN always top the list. Why?

I know that XLN is the most beautiful girl in ROCH, but there are also other very beautiful girls in other JY stories. Why are readers so sure that XLN is more beautiful than Bao XiRuo (YK's mom), Chen Yuen Yuen, Yuen Zhi Yi or Wang Yu Yan? All 4 for of them either have men pining for them endlessly or have great effects on the actions of 1 or male character(s) in their respective stories because of their beauty.

Because of the popularity of the adaptions, I guess.

Edit: and as Ken Cheng just told me on ICQ, it's also because bloody Yang Guo kept reminding us throughout the novel. We know that she's beautiful, that's why he loved her and ignored the other girls, alright. No need saying it over and over and over and over...
    Last edited by TristeCoeur; 11-04-03 at 06:15 AM.
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

And Jin Yong said she defined "beautiful as an angel"
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

JY gave us readers the impression that she is that beautiful...its a no contest really.

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    JY gave us readers the impression that she is that beautiful...its a no contest really.
    Odd coming from someone with the username 'Xiao Feng', as JY's description of Wang YuYan(and her grand-aunt) was even more over the top than with Xiao Long Nu. If there really is a clear-cut favorite, it's Princess Fragrance.

And Jin Yong said she defined "beautiful as an angel"
    JY also said this about pretty much every other beautiful girls in his books.

Because of the popularity of the adaptions, I guess.
    And because most people go by adaptations rather than JY's descriptions in the books. Idy Chan does tend to stand out in terms of beauty compared to other TVB actresses at the time.

The most beautiful girl has to the that supre annoying Princess Fragrance. A guy killing himself just because she cried really tops it!!

Just use your imagination and speculation a little bit here.

Almost every main female character in JY cannons are beautiful, but XLN is exceptional because of several things :

1) YG keeps on repeating it over and over again
    2) XLN after all spent most of her all (during ROCH) in the ancient tomb, imagine how snowy white her skin would be. She's got to be the most angelic and fairest skin beauty in the entire JY universe. This woman practically didn't go outside the tomb before she met YG.

Compare this with Stinky Princess from The Book and The Sword, she lives in the wilderness out in the dessert, she must be quite dark, although she might look exotic and has the smell of thousand flowers, I don't think her beauty can match XLN

Compare this with Stinky Princess from The Book and The Sword, she lives in the wilderness out in the dessert, she must be quite dark, although she might look exotic and has the smell of thousand flowers, I don't think her beauty can match XLN
    Further evidence that people go by adaptations... since Chen JiaLuo described Princess Fragrance's skin being 'white as snow' upon first seeing her taking a bath in the book.

Originally posted by Meh
    Further evidence that people go by adaptations... since Chen JiaLuo described Princess Fragrance's skin being 'white as snow' upon first seeing her taking a bath in the book.
    This doesn't make sense, for someone who lives in out on the dessert, with constant sunlight, she would definitely be dark. JY need to revise the novel and make her skin darker but keep her exotic look.

Logically, there's no one in the entire JY universe should be able to match XLN's white skin, since she lived almost all her life in the ancient tomb until she met YG.

I can accept that Princess Stinky is beautiful and exotic, but to mention that her skin is white as snow.... so illogical. I've read the novel but don't remember JY mentioning her skin being as 'white as snow.'

Oh well, JY is the MAN, he can say whatever he wants, we readers just have to accept it, but really...... as white as Princess Stinky's skin can be, how can she match XLN's angelic, snow white skin ?

This doesn't make sense, for someone who lives in out on the dessert, with constant sunlight, she would definitely be dark.
    Call me crazy, but XLN did not get sunshine while in the tomb did she? If so how can she not be dark and sick and lacking vitamins?

Originally posted by PJ
    Call me crazy, but XLN did not get sunshine while in the tomb did she? If so how can she not be dark and sick and lacking vitamins?
    Maybe the food she ate? (honey from the bees, other funny stuff?) Maybe its the martial arts of the Tomb Sect that allows this?

Originally posted by PJ
    It's quite logical and common knowledge that if you stay inside all the time, your skin will be much fairer than when you go outside and play underneath the sun.

Assuming that you are someone of a Chinese (Mongol) decent, with fair skin genetically, try staying at home for a month in the summer take a picture of yourself, before and after. Then try do the same thing, before and after you go outside underneath the sun for the another month. compare the pictures. It's common knowledge that your skin will get fairer with less exposure to direct sunlight.

Anyway, back to our conversation, not just Princess Stinky is genetically darker than the Han Chinese (Mongolic tribe), she also constantly live on the dessert underneath the sun. So, it doesn't make sense how she can be 'white as snow' unless off course, she has an albino desease on her. Quite possible.

Originally posted by Temujin
    It's quite logical and common knowledge that if you stay inside all the time, your skin will be much fairer than when you go outside and play underneath the sun.

Assuming that you are someone of a Chinese (Mongol) decent, with fair skin genetically, try staying at home for a month in the summer take a picture of yourself, before and after. Then try do the same thing, before and after you go outside underneath the sun for the another month. compare the pictures. It's common knowledge that your skin will get fairer with less exposure to direct sunlight.

Anyway, back to our conversation, not just Princess Stinky is genetically darker than the Han Chinese (Mongolic tribe), she also constantly live on the dessert underneath the sun. So, it doesn't make sense how she can be 'white as snow' unless off course, she has an albino desease on her. Quite possible.
    If she had aldino disease, she would have had a hard time in the desert and the sun.

jy should give readers a rank list on most beautiful girls in jin yong books. in my opinion, it's xiaolongnu, yes, i dont' know why either.

second would probably by princess fragrance, third huang rong, fourth xiao zhao, fifth zhou zhiruo.

Staying in the sun for a month? My brother got a tan by swiming just for half a day....
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Staying in the sun for a month? My brother got a tan by swiming just for half a day....
    A tan or sunburn?

His skin turned brownish, what do you think?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I can't believe you guys, trying apply "logic" to beauty as described in fiction novels? Why can't Princess Fragrance's skin be "white as snow" if Jin Yong so chooses? Why can't she just be a much much fairer skinned Mongol? Why must beauty be judged solely on how many times an infatuated teenager reminds himself of it? Why must beauty be treated as an objective thing when it is so clearly a subjective thing?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Originally posted by Temujin
    2) XLN after all spent most of her all (during ROCH) in the ancient tomb, imagine how snowy white her skin would be. She's got to be the most angelic and fairest skin beauty in the entire JY universe. This woman practically didn't go outside the tomb before she met YG.

I think you are comparing an apple with an orange. Fragrance Princess is not a Chinese, while XLN is a Chinese. And what makes you think that she has a dark skin? the Uygur has a pretty fair skin although they live in the dessert. While who knows that XLN is probably too pale...since she had never seen any sunlight?

Not all desserts are hot with blazing sunshine. Desserts are regions where the is a lack of water, plant life etc. Hot temperatures and blazing sun is not a requirement. I'm not sure of the climate but I'll expect the dessert in the Uighur region is not the same as the Sahara. So it would be still possible for Princess Fragrance (or Stinky ) to be fair.

Why do people always seem to think that fair is beautiful? I dunno about you guys but a girl with skin "as white as snow" doesn't seem extremely beautiful to me. Seems more sickly and unhealthy. I prefer a more natural colour, not the colour of someone who looks like they've never seen the light of day.

I can't believe you guys, trying apply "logic" to beauty as described in fiction novels?
    It's just fun. Plus I'm bored.