Thread: Treasure Raiders 《蕭十一郎》

Default Treasure Raiders 《蕭十一郎》

I know there's already a thread about this series but I just wanted to ask a few quick questions

Has anyone watched the dubbed vietnamese version of Xiao Shiyi Lang starring Nicky Wu and Athena Chu? Is there anything wrong with the dubbing? Do the voices fit the actors/actresses?

Thank you!
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-07-11 at 11:32 PM.

I've watched it, and the voicing of the dubbing actually wasn't tat bad (or at least I remember that the two leads' voices weren't that bad), the rest were pretty normal. But the background music during the first few tapes were horrible....it was way too loud and you couldn't hear the voices anymore, plus the music came on at the wrong time and didn't fit with the situations.

Yup, I've seen it also and like jadebunny9 said the dubbing is pretty good. Seems like though for a lot of Taiwanese series and all teh music sometimes takes over a little too loudly and you can hardly hear what teh people are saying. But that only happens a few times.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Thank you for replying!

Do you think Xiao Shiyi Lang is worth renting?

Except for the chessy ending and being a bit draggy, I think it was pretty good. Rent it if you esp. like Nicky or Athena. In my opinion, I thought it was better than the TVB version....

What's the vietnamese title for this series? And how accurate is it to the novel?
    Yo momma cat

Vietnamese title: "Hiep Dao Thap Nhat Lan"

The TVB version with Felix Wong is much closer to the novel, but I like this version better. There's that and the novel has a sad ending whereas this series didn't. I love Nicky Wu so my opinion is a touch biased, but on the inverse, I also don't think Nicky is very much of a traditional wuxia hero so this role was good for him, the role of the playful yet honourable thief, more modern than your average wuxia hero.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    - Albert Einstein

Yup like others mentioned the TVB version is much more accurate, but this one has its own good points even though it didn't follow the novel much. The thing I enjoyed most about this version would be that they had younger stars to act. Not that the stars choosen for the TVB version was bad, its just they didn't fit the roles as good. This one gave more of the young impression of Xiao Shiyi Lang

I really enjoyed Phong Du Nuong and Duong Kai Tai. Ma Ya Shu looks absolutely gorgous towards the end in her green outfit. Oh yes, the costume was really pretty!!!! Thing I did not like was the love story between Athena and Nicky. Was just a little too much for me. Hehe, I perfered Nicky with Ma Ya Shu!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

By the way, how long is this series?

40 eps...
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

So thast 30 tapes in viet
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

i watched it in cantonese/viet/mandarin [ahha yep!]
    cantonese/mandarin had a SAP when i was watching it on KTSF (bay area) back in august and i re-watched it in viet and in my opinion, the dubbing was a little bad (but overall it was ok) cuz i could hear athena's real voice (in mandarin) at the same time as i heard her dubbed voice lol but the music..my gosh! i heard one instrumental background song played over and over when xiao and bijun were down at the cliff while chengbi through those blossoms when he thought that she died or something like that..

Default its worth watching it...definitely!!

i tink its prettygood, i enjoyed it for its funny characters...someare irritating but mostly u will enjoy the chemistry btw athena and nicky