Thread: Full Moon Mansion

Default Full Moon Mansion

CHAPTER 1 - UNSOLVED MYSTERY

It was an unusual time for Vo Lam (Martial art's world) as peace had reigned for over 5 years since Chu Nhan of Nguyet Vien Son Trang (Full Moon Mansion), Han Siu Long, became its leader. People still marveled over this phenomenon: how could a man in his 30s could attain the highest honor that hundreds of Sect leaders in their 40s and 50s with years of martial art knowledge could not achieve. Was it because he was a closed friend of the Emperor? It could not be so even though the Emperor’s power encompassed all of China, yet Vo Lam (Martial arts' world) was an exception to his rules as long as people of wulam did not involved themselves in politics. Could it be that Han Siu Long came from a prominent family with wealth rivaled that of the Emperor’s? Impossible, in Vo Lam, only martial art skills counted. Most of the speculations centered on Siu Long’s martial art skills. No one knew who his sifu was for Siu Long’s sword techniques were very unusual. One spectator who happened to be presented during a fight between Siu Long and the Blood Demon (a famous robber and rapist) recounted that Han Minh Chu (Han Leader of Martial arts' world) was barely moving, a smile never left his face, an in what seemed like 10 minutes, the Blood Demon was defeated with the loss of his hand. Of course, one encounter did not matter much for it was Han Siu Long’s ability in defeating countless martial art’s masters during the Han’s Challenge Feast five seasons ago along with his gentlemanly behaviors that won him the seat as Vo Lam Minh Chu (Leader of Martial arts' World. Who could have thought, in one tragic night, the legend of Han Siu Long was forever destroyed! Nguyet Vien Son Trang (Full Moon Mansion) covered in blood, as bodies of Han’s servants, all seventy-five, lied lifeless. Han Minh Chu (Han Leader)’s body was mutilated along with his beautiful wife. Their children were nowhere to be seen. Who did this? Who…
    Last edited by Mystery; 12-09-03 at 06:07 PM.

This is a title and draft in the working so please let me have your inputs on character developments and critiques.

Names, places & timelines are figures of my imagination so please excuse all historical inaccuracies. If names are similar, then they are due to coincidences.

Actors/Actresses' Names are used to give readers an idea of the characters.
    Last edited by Mystery; 12-16-03 at 01:28 AM.

Hey Mystery, got some free time on my hand and just came up with a list of actors/actresses you could use in your story. Maybe it will help jumpstart your story .

List of actors:
    Vincent Jiao Enjun - looks sooooooo charismatic in ancient costumes.
    Lee Byung Hun - magnificent fighter and such a hottie that he must not be left out
    Kenny Lin Chih Hao
    Louis Koo Tin Lok - but he's been overused in fanfics, so reading about him might be boring.
    Julian Cheung Chilam
    Jason Wu Jing - he's not very good looking, but a damn good fighter as well. Love the way he moves

List of actresses:
    Vicki Zhao Wei
    Carmen Lee
    Shui Ling (real name Jiang Qin Qin)
    Theresa Lee Yee Hung
    Noel (aka Vivian) Leung Siu Bing

That's all for now . I'm patiently waiting for updates.

CHAPTER 2 - SURVIVORS OF THE MASSACRE

(in order of appearance)

Maggie Cheung – Han Siu Long's wife (Cheung Ho Yee)
    Jenny Shing – Han Ying Ying (as a little girl)
    Shing Chin Kuen - Han Siu Fung (as a little boy)
    Louis Koo – Han Siu Long
    Lam Fung – Han Siu Fung
    Kong Fung – Han Sei
    Au Yeung Piu San – Han Sei Leung

A big mansion stood lonely against the night backdrop. A young man in his early 20s pushed the heavy red doors open and walked in. It seemed that the mansion had been abandoned for years for dust covered most of the broken furniture and spider webs hanged everywhere. The young man wandered around and stopped at what had been a large garden with fishpond and a swing. A scene unfolded before his eyes…

A young girl about 7 years old sitting on the swing and was pushed back and forth by her older brother. They were watched over by their nanny while their mother, a woman in her early 30s, sewn. The little girl demanded to be down after getting tired playing and ran to her mother.

“Ying Ying,” the mother admonished her daughter, “you shouldn’t run like that, very unseemly for a young lady.”

“But Mother,” replied Ying Ying, “I don’t want to be a lady, all they do is sit around and look pretty. I want to be just like you and father, using the family’s martial art skills to protect the weak, and punish the wicked.”

“Yin Yin has the right idea, Mother” the young boy joined the conversation, “I wouldn’t want to have a sister that sits around and looks pretty. I’ll be too busy to look out for her. Mother, when will Father teach me the intermediate techniques of sword-fighting?”

“Well, Siu Fung,” the lady answered, “what’s the rush, huh? I still think you need to work on your basic techniques and stance. Remember, impatience will get you nowhere in advancing your martial art level!”

Siu Fung retorted “But mother, I have been working on my basic techniques and stance for over a year. I can handle the next level. Besides, I’m 13 years old. One day, father will want me to help him handle the family’s affairs soon. I need to master all the kungfu techniques so I can help Father.”

The lady smiled and brushed the hair out of her son’s face, “Yes Siu Fung! You’re a big boy now, almost a man. And yes, one day, your father will need your assistance in handling the family’s affairs. However, know that people respect your father not only for his martial art skills, but also for his knowledge and gentlemanly behaviors. You worried too much about your fighting skill, yet neglecting your books and the teachings of Man Sifu. Siu Fong, don’t pout now. You know what I said is true.”

A man in his mid-30s approached and listened to the conversation and smiled as the little boy’s argument with his mother. Ying Ying got off her mother’s laps and ran to him with a happy expression on her face.

She yelled excitedly, “Father, Father!” He picked her up and swung her around before hugging her closed to him.

….

The young man was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of footsteps on dried leaves and quickly hid himself behind the stoned fountain. An old couple dressed in brown with baskets in hands, carrying food, fruits and wine, slowly approached the fountain. They set everything on the ground then kneeled down. The moonlight revealed the faces of the couple to the young man and prompted him out of his hiding. His appear startled the couple yet when they looked into his face…

The old man looked at his wife and shook his head. This young man could not be Minh Chu, yet his features…Dai Cong Tu (Young Master), oh, he must be Dai Cong Tu.

His wife called out, “Dai Cong Tu, you are Dai Cong Tu, you look so much like Minh Chu!” Tears were streaming down her face, “For a moment there, I thought…”

“Han Thuc Thuc (uncle Han), Han Co Co (aunt Han),” the young man replied, “it has been so long since anyone referred to me as Gung Ji.” This young man was Han Siu Fung, the surviving son of Han Gia (Han family).
    Last edited by Mystery; 12-09-03 at 06:10 PM.

Mystery, finally got around to reading the chaps and I like it so far, hehe Just PMed you about the story and some comments

Hey tweety!!! Love the list of stars you put in there, most of the choices you put were also the ones I was thinking of. Espically Lee Byung and Kenny Lin for the guys. Oh, I'm glad you mentioned Theresa Lee!!! She is such a great actress, but hardly get any recognition. Hehe, and as for the rest I'm good
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

CHAPTER 2 (Cont') - Survivors of Massacre

The trio reminisced about the past but stayed clear of the subject about the night that forever changed their lives. The faithful Han servants both wondered at the survival of their Master’s heir yet afraid to push for information due to their status and feared that the mentioning of that night would hurt their young Master. Han Sei Leung used her sleeve to dab away the streaks of tear that continue to flow uncontrollably and stole glances at the features of Han Siu Fung. Sei Leung was Han Siu Long’s nanny and both her and her husband had served Han Gia (Han family) when they were in their teens. Their lives were saved when both made a trip to visit their daughter and grandchildren thus escaped the massacre. Siu Fung was the spitting image of Siu Long in his 20s and reminded Sei Leung of the loss that Han Gia suffered.

Han Sei conversed with Siu Fung and secretly observed the young man in front of him. The cute little boy with a mischievous smile was forever gone and staring back at him was a young man with cold, piercing eyes that spoke of determination and deep hatred. His hands bore traits of hardship and seemed as if he had been scrubbing floors for a living, not suppose to be the hands of the heir of a great fortune both in wealth and in martial arts. Han Sei raised his hands to brush specks of dusts on Siu Fung’s clothes and finally tears streamed down his face. Siu Fung was such a happy boy, always brought joy to whoever in contact with him. Even though he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Siu Fung never looked down on anyone. All of the Han servants were either Thuc Thuc or Co Co to him. Because his wife was Siu Fung's nanny, Han Sei secretly loved him as if he was his own.

“Cong Tu, please forgive Han Sei for not following Minh Chu’s footsteps to serve him and Phu Nhan (respected term referred to Mistress of the house, can also be used by a husband to address his wife). But my wife and I wanted to wait for we never found your body or Tieu Tho (Miss) Ying Ying’s, and we kept on hoping that miracles really did happened and both of you are still alive. God did heard our prayers,…” Han Sei did not have a chance to finish his words when Siu Fung interrupted him.

“Han Thuc Thuc, did you say that Ying Ying is still alive?” Siu Fung shook Han Sam but caught himself in time and slowly released his hold and waited anxiously for the reply.

Han Sei Leung nodded her head and replied, “When we came back the next morning, we went through every single body on the ground to look for any clue of the vicious perpetrator(s) and also to see if anyone had survived the attack. Sadly, your parents along with other members of the family had perished but we did not see you or Nhi Tieu Tho (Second Miss). We thought that both you and Tieu Tho were able to escape together….Cong Tu, please forgive me for this request, but did you remember anything about that night? How did you escape?”
    Last edited by Mystery; 12-09-03 at 06:13 PM.

CHAPTER 3 – UNUSUAL ENCOUNTERS

(in order of appearance)
    *Supporting casts’ names will not be mentioned

Ruby Lin – Hsuan Ling

On the narrow road to the capital city, a lone rider in purple attire headed for the city’s gate. The rider got there before the gate closed for the night (Song’s law forbid entrance to/from the city after sunset). As person and horse approached a well-known inn, moonlight revealed the face of a gorgeous young lady in around 18 or 19 years of age. Her most prominent feature is a pair of large round eyes, so expressive that they seem to be speaking. The reception room / restaurant of the inn filled up with people as that was the Full Moon Festival yet all talking stopped at once when the young lade walked in.

The owner of the restaurant ran to her with an uneasy smile on his face, “Hsuan Ling Co Nuong (Miss Hsuan Ling), welcome, welcome! So glad to have you back with us! I have prepared a room in the north corner for you. It’s very peaceful so no one will disturb your rest. Let me have Tieu Nhi (Waiter) takes you up there!”

“What happen to the room that my sister and I always stay at when we came here? Last I heard, my sister had paid you six months of rent up front so we can have the convenience of a familiar room whenever we visit Kinh Thanh (Capital City).” Husan Ling frowned.

The owner, an astute businessman, knew he’s in big trouble yet trying hard to placate this important client, “Please forgive me, Hsuan Co Nuong. But two days ago, Nghia De (sworn brother) of Chieu Minh Vuong Gia (Prince Chieu Minh, Vuong Gia used in the case indicated that this Prince is brother of the Emperor) had came to visit him but declined Vuong Gia’s invitation to stay at his palace thus we were order to put him in our best room until his leave. We were going to prepare a room in the north corner for him when he wandered into your room. Despite our persuasion, he decided that it suited him most thus we had no choice in the matter. Please let me make it up to you. I’ll refund your six-months deposit and your stay with us this time is free of charge and free food as compliments!”

Hsuan Ling was about to storm upstairs and kicked out the odious man that dared to steal the room from her when she remembered her sister’s advice not to cause any trouble this time, “That’s fine then! It’s not your fault that people wants to throw their weighs around. I’ll deal with that jerk later. Please bring my pack from my horse to the room and has a stall with fresh grass and water for my horse to rest. It’s been a long journey for him.”

The owner was so relieve that he got off so easy this time with this difficult Miss that a loud breath was expelled from him: “Sure, I’ll have people get right on that. Please follow Tieu Nhi (Waiter) to the table near the window on the second level and enjoy the Festival parade. I’ll have some wine and food prepared for you right away.”

When Tieu Nhi and Hsuan Ling reached the table, someone else had situated himself there with his face turned outside and down the street. Tieu Nhi started to sweat as he recognized this was Tam Cong Tu (Mister Dam), sworn brother of Prince Chieu Minh. Knowing Hsuan Ling’s tempers as she’s a frequent client of the inn, he’s afraid that a battle will ensue which he will ended up losing his job… “Please God, I have an old mother and a young wife that need to be feed, please protect me from the wicked ones, I mean, Hsuan Co Nuong’s tempers and keep Tam Cong Tu in one piece so my job and I can be in one piece!”

Let’s see if his prayer had been heard!

CHAPTER 3 – Cont'

Unfortunately, Tieu Nhi (Waiter) seemed to pray to the wrong god for the night as the Moon Goddess reigned over the Full Moon Festival, his prayer went unanswered. Already lost her usual room to a jerk, Hsuan Ling refused to back down when it came to the table. As the man lifted his wine cup from the table, Hsuan Ling snapped her fingers to create an invisible energy to push the wine cup out of that man’s hand. Suddenly Hsuan Ling was pushed back several steps and without Tieu Nhi as an obstacle, she would have roll down the stair by that invisible force. Poor Tieu Nhi, as an obstacle to protect Husan Ling, his body became her cushion and his nose almost broke by her elbow.

Even though his eyes were focusing on the festive scene below, Tam Yue Man had noticed the minute that beautiful girl walked through the restaurant. And it seemed now that he had something that belonged to her. Slowly turned around, staring back at him were the most beautiful pair of eyes that ever grace the face of a woman, yet if looks could kill, he would be death by now.

“Co Nuong (Miss),” Yue Man acknowledge her, “are you okay? A delicate lady like yourself should not step near the windows, the wind must had been too strong for you!”

Hsuan Ling was temporarily robbed of speech for she cannot help but notice the handsome man facing her. He probably was in his mid-20s with eyes that seemed to laugh at her. But then nobody, NOBODY could attack Hsuan Ling Co Nuong (Miss Hsuan Ling) and got away with it, even if that person looked exactly like one of the heroes of her dreams, “Hmmm, you was the one that almost push me down the stairs. A guy who beats up girl for fun, how heroic! And how dare you sit at my table? It was reserved for me!”

“But Co Nuong (Miss), I had my back to you so how could I was the cause of your fall? Oh, was you trying to look at my face thus not see anything else and ended up tripping? If that’s the case, please accept my sincere apology!” Yue Man teased her, “As for attacking anybody, I was just defending myself! I felt like someone was deliberately trying to push my cup out of my hand, thus my inner energy acted as a shield to protect me. I was about to look for that coward who attacked people behind their backs and saw you falling down. Why are you repaying my kindness by snapping at me?”

Changing her mind and decided that this scoundrel cannot be one of her heroes, Hsuan Ling lifted her hand and about to teach him a lesson for messing with her when a voice prevented her from doing so, “Ling Yee (“Yee” is an affectionate word used after a person’s name, usually used by another older person), this Cong Tu (Mister) was right, you do owed him an apology for acting so rude.”

A woman in her late 20s appeared near the threshold of the stairs and moved toward Hsuan Ling. People who thought that the young lady in purple (Hsuan Ling) was beautiful, now counting themselves fortunate in picking this restaurant to eat tonight thus enable them to witness the presence of two beauties in one place. If Hsuan Ling’s beauty could be compare to the sunlight: bright and warm, then the older lady’s beauty could match the mysterious moon: cold and haunting. Hsuan Ling turned around at the command of her sister, “Si Man Ty Ty (Sister Si Man), this odious man was bullying me when you’re not here. Please help me!” Hsuan Ling thought it would be weeks before her beloved sister would show up here and was so excited to have a protector against that bully, she turned around to face him and was about to challenge him when she noticed that just like the rest of the men in the restaurant, he stared intently at her beautiful sister. For the first time in her life, Hsuan Ling became jealous of her sister, which irritate her even more; picking up a bunch of chopsticks on the table, she used them as weapon and threw all the sticks at him without warning.

CHAPTER 3 - Cont'

(in order of appearance)

Ruby Lin – Hsuan Ling
    Nie Yuan – Tam Yue Man
    Charmaine Sheh – Hsuan Si Man
    Vincent Jiao – Jiao Enjun

Yue Man could be considered as a top martial artist in Vo Lam (Martial Art World), yet due to the distraction, were only able to jump up and escaped the majority of the chopsticks and almost got one on the shoulder if not for the help of Si Man. As the spectators at the restaurant sat still, Si Man Co Nuong (Miss Si Man) used her hand and made a fan-like gesture, several chopsticks were deflected and protected Yue Man from harm. As soon as his feet hit the ground, Yue Man no longer smiled. As a man who always had tender feelings and respect for all the women he met, Yue Man – for the first time in his life – had the urge to slap one. Yet courtesy demanded that he thanked her sister for her assistance, “Tau Tau (Sister-in-law – referred only to wife of older brother(s), thank you so much for saving my life. And please let me say that if this was the sister that you thought would be a perfect match for me, I will have to decline! If she becomes part of my household, my mother will gone to her grave earlier than the expected time.”

His salutation of Si Man shocked Hsuan Ling and the later words of the speech turned her porcelain skin to pink embarrassment. “Jerk, how dare you said something like that about me! My sister had never been married so how dare you address her as “Tau Tau” (Sister-in-law).”

Continued to ignore her, Yue Man took a step toward Si Man when her inner energy forced him back, “Please forgive my sister for her rash action and you got the wrong person! I had never been married!” She turned around and dragged Hsuan Ling’s hand then ran down the stairs and out of the restaurant.

“Dai Ty (First sister), release my hand, you’re hurting me!” Hsuan Ling whined and tried to wrench her hand out of Si Man’s firm hold. “Why are we running? I had order a room for us to rest. Dai Ty, Dai Ty!…”

They finally stopped in front of the gate of Lam An (Name of Song’s Capital City). Hsuan Ling was about to deliver a lecture to her sister on mistreating the youngsters, namely her, when she noticed the pale color on her sister’s skin with eyes full of unshed tears. “Ty Ty, what happened? Why are you like this? That jerk called you ‘Tau Tau,’ how could that be?”

“Ling Yee,” after getting her emotions under control, Si Man looked into her sister’s eyes, “he did not make a mistake. I am,..well, used to be his Tau Tau! Ling Yee, don’t interrupt me if you want to hear this story.” Si Man walked a few steps toward the gate of the city… “This was where I met him. Si Fu (Martial art Teacher) asked me to go to Lam An to deliver a birthday presence to Tam Gia (Tam Family) three years ago. By the time I reached the city, the gate had already been closed for the night. A gate like this was not a problem for de tu (student) of Vo Tinh Nuong (Woman Without Love) so I used Kinh Cong (a kungfu where that allow its users to defy the law of physics to jump as high as possible, depended on the level the users are at) to get myself inside the city. Unlucky for me, that night all the soldiers had an order from the Emperor that whoever tried to get inside the city once it’s closed will be arrested. I was surrounded before my feet hit the ground. All those people did not posed a threat for their martial art skills were abysmal, yet I did not want to create a problem by harming the Emperor’s people so it created a problem for me. As I was about to force their leader and used him to open a way for me to escape when a voice stopped their attack…”

Three years ago at Lam An…

“How dare you attack a lady? You all bring shame to your uniforms!” A firm voice rang through the pack of soldiers that surrounded Si Man and saved the soldiers’ leader from harm.

Si Man then noticed a man in his late 20s, dressed in a white outfit held by a baby blue belt and outer coat stood one feet away with hands behind his back. Even though she did not know who he was but judging from the soldiers’ reaction, this man must be of some importance for them to listen to his order. As he approached her, the soldiers stepped back. The leader cam and kneeled down in front of him yet before he was interrupted before a word came out of his mouth, “I’ll take care of you in the morning. Take your men and continue with your duties and don’t bother me for now…” After reprimanded the leader, the man in white smiled at Si Man, “Co Nuong (Miss), please forgive my subordinates for bothering you like that. Please let me make it up to you by allowing me to escort you to your destination. I assumed you had a place to say for the night in the city, and that’s why you cannot wait until morning!?”

Si Man nodded her head, “Thank you Cong Tu (Mister) for your rescue. I did not mean to cause trouble. I noticed the gate had been closed for the night but since height did not present a problem for me so I climbed over! As for a place to stay, I hope to find some accommodations nearby, as the hours are late, the people I need to see are probably asleep by now! By the way, my name is Hsuan Si Man. Once again, thank you for getting me out of trouble with the soldiers!”

“Please forgive my manner! My name is Jiao Enjun. I am the head Constable of Kinh Thanh (capital city). All of the restaurants were closed early tonight due to the Emperor’s decree. We were trying to catch serial rapist. He had ruined numerous girls in the nearby towns, and as reported, he seemed to appear in the city this morning. We did not want to let this golden opportunity slipped by thus the order for people to remain inside and no outsider for three days in the hope of capturing him before more women will be harm.” As the soldiers left the scene, Si Man and Enjun conversed.

…Si Man was snapped back to the presence as Hsuan Ling tugged her arm. “Dai Ty, was he the one you ended up marrying?”

“Yes, Ling Yee. We talked for a while and he offered his house for me to stay at. At first I was hesitated to stay at a stranger’s house and a man no less, but then he told me that he won’t be home and it’ll only be his mother and a few servants. I accepted his offer. And at that time, I started to fall for him and wanted to see more of him. After delivered the present, I lingered at his place for several days. It was a whirlwind courtship yet he won me over.”

“So you married him! Then why did I never heard you or Sifu (Teacher) mentioning about him? I remembered you were gone for a long time and when you came back with Hoi Lam. Wait a minute, is Hoi Lam yours?” Hsuan Ling’s eyes became bigger as the realization dawned on her…
    Last edited by Mystery; 12-16-03 at 06:35 PM.

Hi Mystery,

Just read your story and it is quite interesting. I like the first meeting between Tam Yue Man and Hsuan Ling. It is quite funny. I wonder if they will become a couple in your story. I like Nie Yuan a lot but am not a fan of Ruby. Hope Nie Yuan's character will have a happy ending with a pretty girl in your story. He has been in too many sad TV series already.

Looking forward to the next update.

Tam Yue Man yummy. You can't stop there Mystery. I wanna know who Hoi Lam is. Hehe, I like the commotion between Hsuan Ling and Tam Yue Man. Hope to see more fighting b/t Hsuan Ling and Yue Man. I keep imaging Echo Shen as Hsuan Ling instead of Ruby (I don't know why, my mind isn't working properly). Is that ok? you won't kill me, right?! I agee with FaMoonLau. NY has been in too many depressing dramas lately. Need happy stuff. Keep the updates rolling. I'm enjoying the story very much !

Finally, readers' responses. Thank you so much FaMoonLau & beepbeep. I am so touch! Now I'll more motivated to write and update more often . Originally, I wasn't even going to have actors in the roles but I thought that would help readers to have a clearer faces of the characters. As for whether or not you agreed with my choices are up to you. Just keep supporting the story and you can pick whoever you want for your favorite characters. Ruby Lin was the only actress comes to mind for a young lady's role for I am not a big fan of Annie Man and I am much more familiar with HK actors/actresses.

Once again, thank you for your posts!
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah