Thread: What do you have to do to become a moderator?

Default What do you have to do to become a moderator?

How do you become one and what are the main things you need to do? And how much time does it take you?
    Last edited by Lilgirl; 11-11-03 at 04:08 PM.
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

Default Re: What do you have to do to become a moderator?

Originally posted by Lilgirl
    How do you become one and what are the main things you need to do? And how much time does it take you?
    Post plenty of posts. Most moderators here have an obscenely number of posts.

The admnistrator likes people who spend a lot of time here. Basically if you post a lot, it shows that you have no life and have the time to do all the donkey work for the administrator.

So, just one quality needed. Large number of posts. Forget maturity, intelligence or integrity. Do all the moderators here possess these qualities? Draw your own conclusions.

Besides, why would you want to be a moderator anyway? Why not spend that time doing sports or hanging out with your friends/family?
    'The true enemy has not yet shown his face'- The Godfather

Default Re: Re: What do you have to do to become a moderator?

Originally posted by Corleone

The admnistrator likes people who spend a lot of time here. Basically if you post a lot, it shows that you have no life and have the time to do all the donkey work for the administrator.

So, just one quality needed. Large number of posts. Forget maturity, intelligence or integrity. Do all the moderators here possess these qualities? Draw your own conclusions.

Besides, why would you want to be a moderator anyway? Why not spend that time doing sports or hanging out with your friends/family?
    I'll take that as a sarcastic comment....

The post number has nothing to do with it, and if you post an obscene amount of pointless posts, it'll decrease your chances more.

I don't think SC is looking for any new mods right now...since there's no major changes in the forum, but what I did was PM her when she was looking for applicants.

I have to admit though, you'll need lots of patience. There are people who either can't read or just flat out choose to disregard the simple rules like (well, for my forum at least) not creating two threads for the same actor.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

No, I don't want to be a moderator really. Just curious. In case I decided to be one sometime. Right now, I'm kinda bored so I want to know and stuff.
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

There are also some members who are flat out rude and you have to deal with them.
    -SC

Originally posted by spcnet
    There are also some members who are flat out rude and you have to deal with them.
    without being rude back...

That is sooooo hard.

What do you have to do to become a moderator?
    First rule: Never ask that question.

Mods usually hate mod-wannabes, in my experience ^_^

That is sooooo hard.
    Easy. In such cases, don't be a mod, be a forum-nazi
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Originally posted by TristeCoeur

Easy. In such cases, don't be a mod, be a forum-nazi
    TristeCoeur: Basically a no win situation.

The Internet's a free place, don't understand why some members can't stand this place yet keep coming back.. just make to rude remarks? I say respect every place you go to, if you don't like it, why try to make someone feel bad with direct or indirect comments? Well we already have a reputation of being a nazi forum so I guess it can't hurt us further... just kidding!
    -SC

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel

That is sooooo hard.
    It is not hard... is just hard when the person you are trying to solve the problem with don't have that same intention. So in those case, you pray to God for them.

Then everything is a happier place
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

Wow after reading all these posts, it looks like all the moderators in here seems to love reading. And they need tons of patience too. *to all moderators here for doing a good job*.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Plah! Lisa was a mod... (not here though). Mod is hard work, you have to put up with a lot of crap & you're stuck between the mods, admins vs the members... That's too much of a headache... I'm always liberal, for the people, by the people, & such... Just put me in a difficult postition from my expercience. I should've stuck with my motto & be a regular person.

Just think of this, the more power you have, the more responsiblity. It's just better to sit back relax & be a regular citizen. No tide downs.

And number of posts doesn't mean anything. Most mods have been here since the dawn of Spcnet... that's why thier numbers are high. We all know that spamming is a no-no... By having too much posts means you're like a spammers... Mods are suppose to make a good impression. They're just old members that been here for awhile that's all.

Default Re: Re: What do you have to do to become a moderator?

Originally posted by Corleone

what you say makes plenty of sense tho....I mean, to spend THIS much time on spcnet...pretty much says a lot bout your social life....I already think I spend too much time on here hehe..... and thatz nowhere CLOSE to what the moderator ppl spend....plus some members who probably check this site like every 2 seconds or something...I really dunno how they do it

Cool

That is sooooo hard.
    May I interject that it is not always the case where a member is being rude. It is also vice-versa in some cases.

Again, I'm not attacking anyone, just expressing my views.

The Kid.
    I Will Only Quote If I Feel There Is A Necessity To!

Need A Place With General Discussion And Relationship Forum Without The Need To Be Cautious Of What You Post? Well... Come join
    Our Vision!

The Kid.

Originally posted by The Kid
    May I interject that it is not always the case where a member is being rude. It is also vice-versa in some cases.

Again, I'm not attacking anyone, just expressing my views.

The Kid.
    Trust me, I understand that some of us mods have sarcasm issues *raises hand*, but there are times when people just push it.

But then, it takes two to tango, right?

Trust me, I understand that some of us mods have sarcasm issues *raises hand*, but there are times when people just push it.

But then, it takes two to tango, right?
    I'm glad you have admit the truth. However, some tend to give the impression that us members tend to start off being rude when I'm just only adding that it is not always the case of us starting.

The Kid.
    I Will Only Quote If I Feel There Is A Necessity To!

Need A Place With General Discussion And Relationship Forum Without The Need To Be Cautious Of What You Post? Well... Come join
    Our Vision!

The Kid.

Originally posted by The Kid
    I'm glad you have admit the truth. However, some tend to give the impression that us members tend to start off being rude when I'm just only adding that it is not always the case of us starting.

The Kid.
    I tell it like it is. If it's my fault, I'll be the first to admit it. If it's your fault, I'll say so.

Some say I'm harsh, but that's just the way I am. When I'm mad, my sarcasm rises, and I'm painfully honest. I can't help being that way.

Can we move on?

If you have a grievance with a moderator, past or present, I don't see what there is to gain from continuing this cycle of begrudgement.

Thread closed. If you actually have a question about being a mod, please PM me.
    -SC