Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

hehe yea... i didnt notice anything..
    good thing he's okay
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Some pics of Julian from Ni Shui Han in this link

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2003-12-04/1002245988.html

Thanks for the link, tinac. Julian seems to eminate a manly sexiness about him in this series.

Has anyone seen Flying Knife with Julian and Ruby Lin? If so, what did you think of it?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i watched it. Julian was good, charming and cute .. Actually I don't think I ever seem him acting badly in a serial.. even my first serial of him in 1995, i thought that his acting was rather good.
    Especially the fight scene with ruby, that was so cool..
    Hmm.. about ruby.. I find that her acting should have improved more over the years.. but actually I don't find much improvement in her acting, but it's passable.. though at times her "killer" expression made me feel like laughing.

Glad to hear that Julian is alright or atleast he's coping with the news very well and Anita's got him on check so I'm not too worried! hehe.

I love Julian's voice too. He has a lot of good albums but one of my favorites is 1997 I love you too album. There is a song that he composed (lofty once in a lifetime) that's wonderful! I think he should write more songs!

Flying Knife was alright. As usual Julian turns in an awesome performance but Ruby Lin looked a bit forced. One thing that annoyed me with the series is that the vcd I rented changed the theme songs. The intro and ending songs are only background music, there is not actually a song with a singer and all that like the one online. Also there is are two songs that they play during all the dramatic moments that totally ruin the dramatic moments because the singer is REALLY awful! Why didn't they get Julian to sing? <sigh> The singer is just BAD but the song is ok. They play it during all the dramatic moments which really ruined the moment to me. Also there are two plots happening at the same time, but they don't connect well with eachother. I was only interested in the direct plot with Julian and Ruby Lin and bored with the other. The martail arts is pretty neat, reminds me of hero. The costumes Julian had were bad....really bad....Julian was in a leather longcoat and cap. Scenery was absolutely breathtaking.

One thing that really sucks about the series is the villains. Being a fan of villains, I like capable, intelligent, interesting villains. The villains in this series are not only useless, they never die off. You get to see their pathetic attempts at evil over and over and over...and Ruby Lin being an assasin never kills any of them even though she has every reason to. Although not a complete villain, one pleasant surprise in these series was Ruby lin's sister. She is extremely beautiful, complex, and an EXTREMELY talented actress. I was really impressed by her performance especially because I think she's a new actress. I've never seen her before.

The ending is left open when it doesn't need to be. If you like mystery than don't watch this series. They reveal everything way too early unlike normal Gu Long adaptions. Overall I recommend this series to Julian fans, but if you want to watch this for the story only I wouldn't recommend it.

Has anyone in here read the novel to Flying Knife? I was wondering is this a faithful Gu Long adaption? What changed from the novel and series and what was the real ending? I don't remember there being any sort of kings or political events in any of Gu Longs stories.
    Last edited by Jay0__0; 05-06-04 at 09:50 PM.

yea. i'll have to say Flying Knife was okay too... the first half of it was so draggy =X
    i heard that the ending was also an open one in the novel

i do agree that the girl who played Ruby Lin's sister (Han Xue) was rather good...
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Has Flying Knife been released in viet yet? I've seen threads on it earlier in this forum so its been released out for awhile right?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Sorry goddess I can't answer your question, I have no idea if Flying Dagger is released in Viet dubbed yet. Hmm, seems like the series is a bit draggy. I have to think about watching it then.

Anyone watching ICAC 2004? I wonder if it is worth watching. I'm only interested in the series because of Julian, I don't really know who the other cast are. I heard that the series is composed of five episodes and Julian doesn't appear until the third one. Does he just appear in the third episode as a guest star and doesn't appear in 4 and 5?

Also, any news on "Water Margin Infernal Affairs?" It's done filming right, when will it be released on video?

Aww, the "I Love You Too" album that you mentioned Jay is out of print at Yesasia.com. Actually most of Julian's cds are out of print. The only ones in stock is the recent one he released and this EMI collection. Anyone know how his new cd is?

hehe, thanks anyways though botan

There is a ICAC 2004? I didn't know that!!! I saw the 2001 one.....I think that it was. Anyways Julian is in it? I'll keep my eyes out for it though

No clue on Water Margine. Have sorta passed over the news...been too lazy now!! Anyways I think it might be done filming, but it'll probably be a long long time before it is released
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ICAC 2004 is a mini series, there are 5 episodes - 1 case per episode. The main investigators/leads are different in each case, Julian is only in the 3 case and very little screen time.

wow Tinac, you saw the ICAC series already? My video lady says it's not out here yet. Too bad Julian doesn't have more screentime. What do you think of the series anyway?

hey Botan,
    it's too bad that album is out of print! i love it! his new album only has a couple of new songs, but it still looks pretty good. I don't own it but I'm probably gonna buy it.

Well according to the forum on Flying Knife--the series will be released in viet after TLBB--estimate time is July. I am looking forward to this series cause of Julian. I was going to buy this series but it cost $55 and renting it in viet only cost $8.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Originally posted by Jay0__0
    The costumes Julian had were bad....really bad....Julian was in a leather longcoat and cap.
    LOL, leather longcoat and cap!?!? I can't imagine Julian wearing a leather longcoat and cap. I think I have to find some screencaps just to see how he looks. So is there a theme or subsong for the series? I can't imagine Ruby Lin playing an assasin, she has this innocent, baby face look.

That's too bad Julian doesn't get a lot of screentime in ICAC. I don't think I will be watching it then unless it's a series worth watching.

Hey Jay, if you do ever decide to buy his new album, let me know how it is, okay? I think there are 7 new songs and 10 old ones.

Thanks for the info hkopinions. Hmmm...TLBB is going to take that long to finish releasing? I guess I'm going to sit tight and wait then, hehe. It is much cheaper to just rent instead of buy it. Just in case it turns out not what you expected
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

We got the TVB series pretty quick here in S'pore, but very slow in getting China series.

ICAC2004 is not an action pack investigation series. THey also use different type of camera (like those in the movie), so the feel is different than the normal TVB shows. Actually, it's a bit like those reenact crime show. No high drama.

Originally posted by botan
    LOL, leather longcoat and cap!?!? I can't imagine Julian wearing a leather longcoat and cap. I think I have to find some screencaps just to see how he looks. So is there a theme or subsong for the series? I can't imagine Ruby Lin playing an assasin, she has this innocent, baby face look.
    hehehe. It's funny because his outfits get worse and worse the further you watch. There is a theme song but it's only instrumental. Both the beginning and end song are instrumental. The subsong during the dramatic parts is just AWFUL. Ruby Lin isn't a convincing assasin. I agree, she too cute with her babyface!

Originally posted by botan
    Hey Jay, if you do ever decide to buy his new album, let me know how it is, okay? I think there are 7 new songs and 10 old ones.
    I definitely will! I just have to wait till there something else I want to fill my cart to get that free shipping at yesasia.com.

Hey Tinac,
    Thanks for answering my question.
    It's really like a criminal investigation show? Are the mysteries really involving? I was expecting a fastpaced action show with high drama. I guess it's opposite lol.

Hi all!!!

I'm just curious, what's is TLBB?

I saw a few screencaps of "Flying Knife," I didn't see Julian wearing a leather coat and cap. His hair didn't seem to suit him though. I saw Ruby Lin wearing some strange furry thing but couldn't tell what it was. She definitely does not look like an assasin. How is her acting anyways? I've only seen parts of HZGG and that's the only series I've seen her in so I have never really noticed her acting skills. Oh wait, I've seen her in the movie "China Strike Force" but she had very little screentime. She looks very very young. I don't think Julian and her look compatible together, she looks like his younger sister. So Julian doesn't sing any songs in the series? Seems like he never sings any songs for other productions, only sings for TVB.

Kind of suprising that ICAC is not a high action show since it is a cop type series.

Yeah, I usually wait to get a bunch of items at once to save on shipping at Yesasia.

Does anyone know if Julian sings a Cantonese song called "Didn't Know You Were Good in the Past" (or something like that, can't really remember the title)? I can't tell if it's him singing or not. His voice is kind of different, higher pitched than usual.
    Last edited by botan; 05-26-04 at 03:47 PM.

Julian appears in a leather coat and cap later in the series. You saw the screenshots of his orphan stage. I don't think the hair really suits him either. You should see him in a kimono with his hair in a bun. SO CUTE! The japan sequence in flying dagger was the only time he really looked good. Julian doesn't sing any songs in the series. I think Ruby and Julian are cute together and but Ruby was pretty bad as an assasin. She looks forced. The whole cold attitude really isn't suitable for her. Plus they really make her voice low in the series, to the point of almost whispering. I had to seriously strain to hear every time she spoke.

Boton posted:

I'm just curious, what's is TLBB?
    Demigods and semidevils 2003 or Thien Long Bat Bo in vietnamese.

Goddessofhonour posted:

Thanks for the info hkopinions. Hmmm...TLBB is going to take that long to finish releasing?
    I thought so too, it should be done releasing next week about 33 tapes. I guess we all have to wait and see.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Even though I'm not watching TLBB, its already at 28 tapes or so. Probably will end next week. Just gotta wait and see.

Anyways back to Julian. Hmmm...I want to see Flying Knife mainly for Julian and for Zheng Rui Xiao
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.