Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

Originally posted by botan
    Oh my I totally forgot that Louis was in CBWH too. How can I forget about Louis. He was okay, a bit stiff but he just started at that time. My how he has changed from being paley with very red lips to being extremely dark.
    Yeah, Louis looked Tofu white in CBWH, they should have got him to advertise those Japanese Whitening skincare product *joke*

Julian is the main reason that I want to watch ICAC but I don't mind the rest of the cast. Yeah, only 15 mins but such a big picture of him on the poster. Kind of misleading, almost made me think he would get a lot of screentime.
    Most of the big star in this shows have very little screen time, I think Sek Sau was in the same episode with Julian as his supervisor and he definitely got more screen time.

Hi Hi everyone

Lady Zhuge, seems like your watchign quite a few Korean series at the moment huh? Which ones have you seen besides Endless Love and Hotelier?

Oh yeah. Don't think that Endless Love was that great either botan. You woldn't miss out much. Many enjoy it though for its "tragic" ending which I hated. I just didn't like SSH dieing....

MAYBE SOME SPOILERS FOR CBWH!!!!!!!!

Yup, from that preview I saw of CBWH, Jessica and Julian sure looked cute together!!! Espically when they were taking wedding photos? Oh oh....and I saw the scene were Jessica suicide due to Gallen I think and Julian walks into the bathroom seeing the bathtub all bloody. Something like that. Gosh, the look of pain in his face!!! I am so annoyed as to why they couldn't be togehter?!?!? Why make her so love sick with Gallen?!?!?!

I haven't seen the serie, but I have listened to the theme of Return of the Cuckoo. Julian sings it doens't he? I think I might try to listen to the two subs and see how they are. Oh, he also sings a sub in CBWH doesn't he?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi all!!!
    Yeah, Louis looked Tofu white in CBWH, they should have got him to advertise those Japanese Whitening skincare product *joke*
    LOL!!! But nowadays Louis is just too dark. I prefer the skin tone he had in DIF4. I'd rather have him tofu white than charcoal brown. What is he thinking with over tanning himself?
    Most of the big star in this shows have very little screen time, I think Sek Sau was in the same episode with Julian as his supervisor and he definitely got more screen time.
    I guess they had such a big cast and so little time, since it is only 5 episdes, that they didn't get a lot of screentime.

Okay, I will take a pass on Endless Love. I don't like series that are draggy. It won't be for a while until I will have a chance to watch Korean series, I still haven't found a video rental store that has Korean series. I want to rent them first before I decide to buy them.

I thought you had finished Hotelier already Lady Zhuge?

Yup, Julian cries several times in CBWH. Everytime he cried I was like "aawww, poor Julian" and I almost cried along with him too. Come to think of it in most of his series he cries. The only series I can think of that he didn't cry in was Take My Word For it. Anyways, you will really feel sorry for Julian when you see him cry in CBWH.

****SPOILERS****

Yeah, Jess and Julian looked so cute in the wedding photos. Actually when Jess commits suicide she jumps off a balcony at Gallen's house and Julian was too late. It was so sad how he cried after her death. Yeah, I got so annoyed how they didn't end up together . Jessica was so stupid, I wanted to slap her for ditching such a great guy. Julian was so sweet to her, always tending to her needs and doing all sorts of romantic things. There was this one scene were it was the morning of her birthday and he made breakfast and wrote "I love you" on the bathroom mirror with shaving cream, it was so sweet. I don't get why she chose Gallen .

I've only seen the first few episodes of Return of the Cuckoo. I didn't like the storyline or Charmaine. Yup, Julian sings the main theme. At first I didn't like the main theme because his voice was sorta weird but after listening it two or three times I began to like it. I haven't heard the sub songs yet, let me know if they are good when you get the chance to listen to them goddess. Yeah, I think Julian sings two subsongs for CBWH. One's called "How Can This Be?" and it was played when Nnadia and him separated. I didn't hear the other sub in the series but I have it. Both songs are pretty good.

Hey all!

About Louis' skin tone: I'm looking at the CBWH poster and he does seem rather...um...creamy. However, what's even more funny (at least IMO) is his hairstyle: rather long and kind of cropped on one side.

Goddess, yep, I have been into Korean series of late. Actually, the only two I've seen so far are Hotelier and Endless Love. Needless to say, I liked Hotelier sooooo much better than the latter. Do check it out if you get a chance.
    I plan on watching Stairway to Heaven and Romance soon.

Botan, at the time I wrote my last post, I had like 3 episodes left of Hotelier left to watch, but I finished them last night.
    The nicest thing I can say about Endless Love is...it has a very beautiful opening theme song.

Yay, I'm so excited. I'll be starting CBWH either tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait to check out Julian's faucet skills. For now, I must steer clear of any and all spoilers. Thanks for the warning, guys.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Hi again

I know. I don't like Louis when he was very very white looking nor do I like him very dark as he is now. I liked his tone best in Man's Best Friend and DIF4. They were somewhat similar

Hotelier has had many good comments from waht I've heard. Its just I'm not too in the mood to see SKH or is it SHK? lol, I don't know anymore what her name is!!! She was also in Endless love. Anyways best thing about Endless Love would be Won Bin. He was a joy to watch. Very cute

Ah yes. I've just finished watching ICAC2004 and it was okay. Very dissapointed with Julian's character. He had little screentime and really no action with him, lol. In his case, there really wasn't much. He was fun to watch though. What else to say? Really not much to say on him in there...... Could comment much more on the serie itself, but I'll do that in the ICAC2004 thread...if there is one :thinking:

*****CBWH SPOILERS PROBABLY******

Gosh!!! Julian sounds so so sweet in there!!! Makes me even madder to think that Jessica still choose Gallen!!! Poor Julian!!! I've been wondering this for some time, so Julian does truely love Jessica when he gets with her right? How was her death on him? Like affecting him? In the end he is with Nnadia though right?

Didn't Jessica try to commit suicide several times though? Oh, so Julian saw her fall down the balcony!?!? Or something close to that? Was he sad? Lol, all these questions!! I think I better see for myself!! Will rent this serie in early August
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hm, all these talks about CBWH .. I think I'll rent it tonight .. he he

lady Zhuge, do you like sad or funny Korean series? Have you seen "My Love Patjji"? It's very funny.

Hi guys!

Goddess: Ah, so you find Song Hye Kyo annoying, eh? I actually find her pretty cute. I agree with you about Won Bin in Endless Love. His character was so much better than Junxi. His acting was quite impressive as well, especially since he was a newcomer at the time.

Tinac, nope, I haven't seen My Love Patzzi yet. The title sounds Italian. I heard that and Attic Cat were both pretty funny. I'm not quite sure what kind of Korean series I like yet. I guess I'll just have to watch more to truly know my own preference! But for now, I'm way in over my head series-wise. *...must breathe...*
    Yes, do go and rent CBWH. The more viewers, the merrier! I'm going to watch the first episode now, then go to bed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi all!!!

Yeah, tinac you should watch CBWH and then we can all discuss it, that would be fun .

You already finished ICAC goddess? That was fast. Overall do you think it is worth watching or just a series to pass time?

LOL, Louis hairstyle in CBWH was funny. It was very long and kind of puffy. He just looks kind of strange with the paley skin, long hair, and red lips. Oh and the style clothes he wore was a bit strange but that was the mid 90s, everyone else clothes were different too.

Yeah, it's better not to get spoiled before you watch a series otherwise it wouldn't be any fun but I have this habit of reading spoilers.

****SPOILERS****

So many questions goddess but that's okay, I'm happy to answer them. I really shouldn't being spoiling it but since you want to now I'll just briefly explain.

Of course Julian loves Jessica, I think he loved Jessica more than Nnadia. But I wonder about Jessica, if she really loved Julian? When Jess died he cried and was very very sad and still kept a picture of her but you know he had to move on. Even when Jess chose Gallen, he was upset for days. He cared for her a lot and said he wanted Jess to be happy and if she's happy being with Gallen than he's happy too. He was always there for Jess nomatter what. And then Julian getting back with Nnadia is hard to explain, it's better to just watch it. But he doesn't get back with her until the last scene of the series.

No, Jess only commits suicide once. There's a part where she almost dies because Gallen pushed her off a cliff. I'm not sure if Julian saw Jess fall down the balcony or not, I don't remember.

Hope that all makes sense, it's really hard to explain since I watched the series a while back so I don't remember all the details.
    Last edited by botan; 07-09-04 at 02:41 PM.

Hey there everyone

Hi ya Lady Zhuge Yeah, I don't quite like SHK. She annoys me in some ways, but she is cute. Maybe its just that her character in Endless Love got me. I didn't like her character very much. Hehe, Won Bin did so well!!! After seeing him in here I wanted to see more of him, but found nothing at my rental store Hehe, as for SSH, I've just seen him in Happy Together and he looks very nice Only I'm not too fond of his character in there....

Hi Hi botan Hehe, right after I rented ICAC2004 I popped it into the VCR to watch so I could talk about it later online, hehe. Anyways I think this "serie" falls more into the watch just to pass the time by. There really isn't much suspense or anything, lol. Casting is nice though

Hehe, thanks botan for all the answers to my questions!!! Lol, you have that bad habit too? Its horrible and is getting worse and worse!!! I really can't help myself to read spoilers!!! However I've made a "promise" to myself that I won't spoil series for myself anymore......at least series that have released all out since I can watch them without having to stop. Series currently releasing is a different story, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey guys!

Goddess, I was pretty mutual about SHK's character in Endless Love. I didn't like SSH much, but I think that's mainly due to the character he played. The adult Junxi annoyed me so much it's not even funny. I spent a paragraph whining about him in the Endless Love thread.
    I'm interested in seeing more of Won Bin too. Before I saw him act, I thought he was probably just another pretty boy, but now I must admit, the man's got skills as well. He has sort of a crooked smile, but it's cute. I saw (as in the poster) a short series with only 8 episodes the other day with him in it. It's called Ready? Go! or something like that. It looks pretty good.

Okay, I saw the first episode of CBWH last night and it might already have me hooked. The background music and setting kind of reminds me of the DIF trilogy (), right down to the Guan Yu statue at the office in the police station. That one girl (I can't recall the character's name at the moment, but I believe she's played by Nnadia) is lucky to have both Louis and Julian rather interested in her already. I'm still getting used to Julian in a modern series, but he is still his adorable self with the big eyes and deep dimples. Right now it seems like all his co-workers find him annoying, but I bet that will change later on. This series does a good job leaving the end of episodes on a cliffhanger. Ah, I love exciting dramas.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-09-04 at 08:08 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi everyone!!

Hehe, seems like you had a lot to comment on Endless Love!!! I haven't been in the thread for some time. Will drop in later on to read your comments, hehe

Hehe, that crooked smile of his is cute though!! Espically how he smiles it out, lol. Anyways have you seen Friends? I wanted to see that, but my rental didn't have it Oh, new serie with Won Bin? I think it'll be some time before its released in viet....hopfeull it is!!! Who else is in it?

Hehehe, I can just imagine Julian at the station!!! Oooooohhhh, have I mentioned how cute he looks in action? Lol, can't get that picture out of my head!!! The one with him and the gun plus the bullet proof jacket!! Anyways must hurry and save money to rent this, hehe Enjoy it Lady Zhuge and do comment more on it!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey Goddess!

I've moved our little Won Bin discussion over to his thread here. I hope you don't mind.

Now on to Julian.

***Possible Spoiler Alert***

I'm on episode 6 of CBWH and am liking Julian's character more and more. He's so noble, so handsome, so (almost) perfect. I think it's really funny how his older sister gives him spending money every month when he's one of the leaders of the police department, though.
    I felt so sorry for him when he found out that the girl he likes it the same one that Louis' character likes as well. It's almost heartwrenching when his adorable smile slowly began to fade away in the car.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey there Lady Zhuge Hehe, its okay. That means the Won Bin thread will become more active!!!!

*****SPOILERS MAYBE******

Hehe, enjoying Julian a lot huh Lady Zhuge? Lol, almost perfect? Well thats close enough I wouldn't want anyone too be "perfect." Hmmm....who plays as his older sister? Lol, spending money? hehe, I find that amusing to think about!!

Wow, the whole "triangle" between Louis, Nnadia, and Julian already starts that early? Oh, poor Julian!! I cn just picture his face full of dissapointment and saddness
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hola Goddess!

Cheers for the Won Bin thread.

***Possible Spoiler Alert***

I'm currently watching episode 11. Yep, I'm loving Julian alot in this series, just as botan predicted I would. He's *almost* perfect, 'cause his character is still human and exhibits weaknesses. He's way too nice at times and is somewhat overbearing when he's on a guilt trip. Of course I don't blame him, the poor guy. He just shot his best friend on accident. Now I can just see how his and Nnadia's (how many n's are in her name?) love affair will be impeded due to the recent turn of events.
    Yeah, the love triangle begins to develop almost in the very first episode. Of course the people involved don't know it at the time, though.

I don't know the name of the actress who plays Julian's sister, but maybe you would recognize her. She's the one on the right of Adam Cheng in this cover pic:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb/coldbloodwarmheart/cbwh01.jpg')
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-11-04 at 11:53 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi guys!!!

Glad you are enjoying CBWH Lady Zhuge. Wow, you are already on episode 11! Isn't Julian so lovable, almost "Mr. Perfect ." The actress that plays Julian's sister is Christine Ng. I liked her character very much in the series, I don't know why in Greed Mask she was kind of annoying. That is amusing how his sister always gives him money. But he is a really sweet brother. Oh, I remember the difficulties between Nnadia and Julian in the beginning but don't worry they will get together. It is sad how they couldn't be together because of Louis. Yeah, the music and the police station is the same in DIF, TVB tend to use the same BGM in most of the series. I remember the first episode how his co-workers didn't like him because he was so strict and always had to follow the rules but later on they all got along very well. My reaction to Julian was like "wow, he's so strict and kind of mean" but then later on he became very likable. So how do you like the characters so far?

Hey there all!!

Hehe, I can barely recognize Christine Ng in here!! At least comparing her in here to Greed Mask. Really disliked her in GM. Will see how she does in here when I get around to watching, hehe.

Ekkkkk...he shot his best friend? Does this mean Louis? Or is it someone else? Oh oh oh.....scene to look forward to, hehe.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey guys!

I just wrote a rather long response and it all got deleted. Oh well, here I go again.

You two have seen Greed Mask? I've heard that it's really good and makes you think. Is it suspenseful? I always love a good mystery.

***Likelihood of Spoilers***

Yep, Julian's character is very lovable in CBWH. Well, Julian looks so lovable all the time that I always want to hug him.
    Yes, he shot Louis while Louis and Nnadia were being held hostage after a robbery went bad. He really had no choice, though. Now Louis has to be in a wheelchair.
    I like the characters all right so far. Adam is really nice, but kind of boring. He and Julian's sister do make a nice couple. So homely. How convenient that Christine's ex-boyfriend turned out to be a con man. Gallen is starting to show his corrupt ways now. Jessica's character I'm still kind of undecided about. First she hated Gallen, and now she's basically willing to do anything for him. My, how quickly things change...or maybe love is truly blind. I don't think she looks very good with the short hair. Oh yeah. This is my first series ever of Adam, Louis, Jessica, and Christine.

Hey botan, does this series maintain a good pace throughout, or does it slow down in the middle like many do? I'm just curious what your favorite section was since you've watched the whole thing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey ya Lady Zhuge

That happened to me earlier Lol, but it was actually my fault. I copied my message then submitted it, but too many images So went back to paste it in and take some out, but I accidentally copied something else before pasting it down. Lol, too awhile to re-write, hehe.

Greed Mask was okay. I quite enjoyed it though. Mystery filled with amusement and touching moments However the ending really got me. The end was very repetative since they kept showing the same flashbacks except with a few changes in them.

******GODDESS WITH HER MAYBE SPOILER QUESTIONS*******

Hehehe, Lady Zhuge!!! Really loving Julian!!! Oh, I can't remember if I've asked you are not, but what else have you seen Julian in?

Oh poor Louis. He'll be okay afterwards though I'm guessing. Hmmm...is he angry at Julian or anything?

Gosh, seems like this serie really moves along fast huh? Already all these relationship "problems" have appeared and the "evil" in Gallen has appeared, lol

I'm not too fond of Jessica's shortish hair in here either. Its just a bit too shrot and a little funny styled. Her short hair in DIF4 was very cute Not to mention how cute Louis looked hehe, nicely tanned in there with a cute cut
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey again, Goddess!!!

Yeah, one would think that I would have learned how to avoid having my posts deleted since I've lost quite a few lengthy ones by not being careful in the past, but no...I'm slow.

Well, as long as Greed Mask isn't too draggy and sappy and is entertaining, I think I'll like it. I've always liked mysteries and detective stories.

***SPOILERS. MAYBE. MAYBE NOT.***

Actually, I've liked Julian alot ever since I first saw him in Mystery of the Condor Heroes a long time ago. Botan already knows the story about that. You might call it "lust at first sight". At the time though, I didn't know who he was and didn't get a chance to find out until after I joined SPCNET and discovered his thread. Unfortunately, the only two series I'd seen him in before CBWH is MOCH and LOCH 1994. I'm debating to get Flying Knife just to see Julian even though some people have told me it was really boring. I'm also interested in watching Remembrance, Point of No Return, and Take My Word For It, if they're available in Mandarin.

Right now I'm about to continue watching episode 13. Louis just seems really tired after his ordeal now, so I can't tell how he will react towards Julian. I hope he goes easy on him and doesn't make Julian feel more guilty so that Nnadia will feel obligated to pretend to like him in order to compensate for what's happened. Perhaps self-pity will also be another factor. I guess I'll just have to watch and see.

For some reason, I think Jessica and Louis look alike. They could almost be brother and sister. Or maybe it's just their hair...
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-13-04 at 02:14 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi guys!!!

Greed Mask was okay. I ejoyed it very much and found that it was very refreshing. I've never seen TVB make a mystery type serie like that before. The only problem was the ending part. But overall, I think it is worth watching.

Definately watch Remembrance Lady Zhuge. A very good series and Julian was so handsome . Take My Word For It is okay, his performance was really good and he was very funny. And Annie Man and him were very cute. I really disliked Point of No Return, the beginning was interesting but then later on it got draggy and pointless and then Miss Charmaine Sheh completely ruined the series even more. The only good points was Julian, his acting was very good as usual, and the theme song.

*****SPOILERS I GUESS *****

Yup, Julian was very lovable and huggable. My most favorite part would be all the scenes with Jessica and Julian. I have many others too but I can't remember them since I watched this a year or two ago. Do you have any favorite scenes so far, Lady Zhuge?There are only some minor boring parts but yeah, I think the series maintains a pretty good pace. A lot of things will happen throughout and will be very unexpected.

LOL, it's the hair. I thought Jess and Louis looked similar too. Yeah, I didn't like Jessica's hair either, one of her worst hair styles. I prefer the hair she had in DIF 4. Talking about Louis I think he looked even better in The Recipe for the Heart than in DIF 4. I was undecided about Jessica's character too, she was just too weak and sorta pathetic. Isn't Christine's character very stingy? I think Christine is okay because she played a role that was appropriate for her age and fit her more than the role she had in Greed Mask. And then her hair was a lot better in this series. Really??? This is your first time that you've seen Louis and Jessica? You should watch DIF 4 then, highly recommended. Do keep us updated on CBWH as you watch . Sounds like a lot of things are already happening and the love triangles are getting complicated.
    Last edited by botan; 07-13-04 at 06:52 PM.