Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

Hey there guys

Lady Zhuge, you should give Greed Mask a go then Its quite a mind boogling mystery sicne the clues are really useless, lol.

As for Take My Word For It....for me it was a bit of a dissapointment. Storylinewise it wasn't what I expected. Acting wise though, everyone did a pretty nice job

I only saw bits and parts of Point of No Return, mostly the end, but I dind't like it. Wasn't too fond of Julian's character either n:

Ah yes, you should watch DIF4 for Louis and Jessica. They were very very cute in there. Lol, and they diffinately don't look similar at all in there!! If you do think about watching it, try not to think of it as another part of the DIF triology ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi you guys!

Yeah, I think I will watch Greed Mask. It's not too long and I like the mystery surrounding the story.
    I've seen a preview of Take My Word For It and it looks pretty good. Julian in a...bulletproof vest...
    I believe you've told me a bit about Julian's character in PONR, botan. He's pretty selfish and cold, I remember. I'm glad he doesn't just take on dream guy roles all the time. I don't know where I can find Remembrance. It's a pretty old series and I'm not sure if it's even available in Mandarin.

I do plan to watch DIF IV. Someday.

***SPOILERS***

My favorite parts are all the scenes involving Julian, of course! Okay, seriously, though. I like the part with Julian and Nnadia in the rain and Julian tosses a coin to decide whether he should chase her or not. And then the two of them end up being in phone booths right next to one another and finally give in to their feelings for each another. So cute.

Sure, I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on my viewing of this series. My progression won't be nearly as fast since it's the work week, though. I hope more people watch this show!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi ya everyone!!!

The storyline of Take My Word For It was kind of a disapointment but it was okay I guess not the best story though. It could have been more intersting.

Really??? I said that about Julian's character in PONR. I don't remember. But his character isn't cold and selfish. He's a rich, spoiled kid but not selfish more like a trouble maker but he later learns how to be responsible. Also, he's pretty selfless when it comes to love. His character was pretty sweet, just immature. And a bit pathetic, he cried and moped a lot towards the end of the series. But yeah, he wasn't "Mr. Perfect." His character was pretty likeable it was just the storyline I didn't like. I'm glad that he doesn't play the same roles all the time too, he usually plays different ones in each series.

I'm pretty sure they have Remembrace in Mandarin. I don't see why they wouldn't. Have you tried your local rental store to see if they have it available?

Oh yeah, how can I foget about that, all my favorites scenes are the ones with Julian in it too . I remember the phone booth scene now. It was very cute. Funny too how they didn't know they were next too each other. No hurry on the updates, whenever time permits. Yeah, I hope more people will watch it too.
    Last edited by botan; 07-14-04 at 04:36 PM.

Hi botan!

The preview seemed to give a lot of the story and plot away of TMWFI. Still, it might be worth it just to see Julian in action.

Well, even if Julian's character in PONR was pretty pathetic, did he do a good job in it? I would hate to penalize his acting skills if that's what his character was supposed to be like.

I don't know of any rental stores around here. That's why I either have to buy, borrow from people I know, or download. Remembrance is a pretty old show, so I wonder if it's now available in VCD or DVD format?

****SPOILERS****

Yeah, the phone booth scene is memorable. I actually had a feeling that they were next to each other and I turned out to be right. It was just a hunch.
    I'm up to episode 15 now. I'm glad that Louis was finally able to see the light and forgive his two best friends. I kind of feel sorry for his character in here. He's a pretty nice guy, but it's too bad that the girl he likes digs Julian more than him. (...not that I blame Nnadia or anything, 'cause I would do the same in a heartbeat... )
    Christine's old con boyfriend just showed up and she slapped him. I wonder how he's going to explain himself. I really wish that she would quit listening to Adam's former wife and just get with him. Yeesh. She and Adam are both waaaay too tolerant of that selfish woman.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi ya you two!!!

Yeah, the cases in TMWFI was a bit boring or maybe I just had too high of hopes Anyways I can't really remember much from it now. Did Julian even get that much "action" in there? I remembered most of his scenes when he wasn't working, lol Hmm....wasn't too fond of how he deals with relationships though

Lol....some day hmmmm Lady Zhuge?

Anyways Julian does play a lot of different roles!! But I have loved him in pretty much all of them and at one time or another his character just makes me adore him more, hehe. Hmmm...has Julian played a villian before?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi ya goddess and Lady Zhuge!!!

Same here, maybe I had too high expectations for TMWFI. But you could give the series a try just for Julian, I think it's worth seeing just for him.

Of course Julian did a good job in PONR. He was very funny in the beginning and mischevious. His transition from a spoiled rich kid to a mature man was very convincing. Maybe pathetic is too strong of a word to describe him but I don't know how to describe him though. I just really dislike the last half of the series and the leading actress. I guess you can give this series a try just for Julian too. Maybe you might like it since a lot of people say they enjoyed it.

Nope, Remembrance is not available on VCD/DVD. I really hope that TVB will release in VCD/DVD someday. It doesn't seem like a very popular series, since not a lot know about it.

I don't think Julian has ever played a villain. It would be very interesting to see him play that type of role. But then I can't imagine him being evil, he looks too nice.

*****SPOILERS MAYBE*****

Yeah, Louis's character was a pretty nice guy. I felt really sorry for him at the end how he didn't end up with anyone. Hmm, I vaguely remember Christine's old con-boyfriend. I totally forgot about that. Adam's former wife was kind of annoying wasn't she?

I just came across this short article, thought I share for those who haven't read it. I'm very shocked to hear that Julian smokes . I can't believe it! No wonder in Remembrance I kept seeing him smoke in every scene. I wonder how long he's been smoking. But I guess it is from stress, maybe?

Chi Lam has no plans to marry longtime girlfriend

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.yimg.com/hk/providers/mingpao/20040714/15mb02.jpg')

MING PAO (7/15/04) - Recently Chi Lam Cheung took a vacation to relax because of breathing problems. Apparently smoking is the culprit. Even though Chi Lam quit smoking before, he's been taking drags with the smokers while bored at work. So when he will wed his sweetheart Anita Yuen and get a grip on a better life? "Work is first. There is never enough time." Is the guy stalling? "I'm not stalling. I just don't have a wedding date in mind yet."

Credit to www.hkvpradio.com

Hi you guys!

I don't think I'll get to see Remembrance until it gets released in VCD/DVD format in Mandarin, if and whenever that will be possible.
    You two don't have me very excited about TMWFI or PONR, but I'll still keep them in mind.

If would be cool to see Julian cast as a villain in some mystery series, 'cause since he looks so nice and innocent all the time, it would come as a big surprise to everyone. Well, except maybe to cynical people who always guess that the least likely suspect is the guilty party.

Yeah, I already knew that Julian smokes. I was very shocked myself when I first heard about it too. I guess everyone has their dark side, and this is part of Julian's. I really, really hope that he quits smoking for good though, because of his recent health problems. I'm sure that this habit doesn't help his heart OR breathing any and they could be early indications for a lot worse to come. I understand that it will be difficult for him to permanently kick the habit because most of his co-workers probably smoke and he's just in that environment all the time, but still, I'm rooting for him.

I wonder how Anita feels about Chilam putting work before family?
    They've been together for so long that it feels like they're married already. It's nice that Julian is one of those actors whom I never hear to be rumored with another girl or whatnot when he's already in a supposedly steady relationship.

Julian at the "Most Charismatic Awards":

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk-image-online.com/hkimage_pic/big/btmpyl0016220.jpg')

He was one of the winners!!! No surprise there.

Hmm. Nice tan.

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS****

I really hate Adam's former wife in this series. She's played by the same actress who played Madam Lei in the DIF trilogy. I thought her character brought alot of humor to DIF, but in here, she is so selfish and whiny all the time. What did Adam ever see in her?

I'm currently on episode 17. Gallen is starting to join "the dark side", since Louis' dad is showing an interest in hiring him. Uh oh?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-15-04 at 08:23 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey there Lady Zhuge and botan

Hehe, I am also hoping for the release of Rememberence on DVD or VCD!! Really does sound good and I want to see Kenix and Julian together. Maybe I can find this at some other rental store? Goddess shall search!!!

Lol Lady Zhuge. TMWFI wasn't that horrible though. I do remember a few scenes that Julian looked very suave in!! Like when he was in practice to become a negotiatior and was working along side Annie. Do keep it in mind as a serie to watch Julian in

Hehe, I have mixed feelings for Julian being a evil character. It would be nice to see him protray it and I could imagine him being evil, but I don't want to see him evil, lol

Gosh, I didn't know that he smokes!!! I don't think I've ever seen him smoke in a serie either!! Its shocking yet not, lol. Another mixed feelings thing. Since I've heard about many artists smoking yet Julian just doesn't look like it. I hope that he does tries to quit smoking and watch his health!!

Julian looks soooo nice in those pictures you two posted!!! Very very very handsome...hehe Lol, it really is no shock to hear him winning a award for being so charismaic!!

I guess that if both Julian and Anita have liked talked about not getting married yet then it doesn't quite matter right? As long as they are both happy were they are. It would be nice if they do get married though hehe, lately seems like a lot of artists are getting married to longtime bf or gf
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi guys!!!

We'll just hope that TVB will release Remembrance on VCD. I so want to rewatch the series. I'd rather buy it then re-rent it so I guess I will have to wait .

I think you should just give TMWFI and PONR a try and see for yourself Lady Zhuge. You might like them. TMWFI isn't bad, as for PONR you can just watch that for Julian, he's probably what kept me watching that series.

Actually, I'd love to see him play a villain, it would be something very refreshing. I think he can pull it off.

I am still so shocked that Julian smokes! It's just so strange, he doesn't look like the type that smokes. And I don't like it when I hear people smoke, it's so bad for their health. I agree, I really hope he quits smoking and watches his health. But it sounds like he wants to quit though since I read this one article that quoted him saying "Life would be perfect if I could quit smoking."

Yeah, I agree goddess. If both Julian and Anita are happy at were they are then I don't think it really matters whether they get married or not. I don't think marriage really means anything, what matters is that they both love each other and are happy. Maye they have talked about it and agreed to postpone marriage and that they both want to concentrate on their work .

*****SPOILERS*****

I haven't seen DIF 1-3 yet. I had no idea Adam's ex-wife was in other series. This was the first time I've seen her. I was wondering the same thing, why did Adam ever marry her? What was her problem anyways? Why did she return? There's a lot I don't remember about this series and all this discussion on it makes me want to rewatch it again.

Hey there everyone!!!

I think there is a better chance that Rememberence is released in Chinese then Viet Lol, still so darn dissapointed!!! I'm thinking back to TMWFI and trying to imagine Julian and Kenix pairing!!!

TMWFI, the casting is pretty good though so it wouldn't hurt to watch them. Kenix is also in that serie and she did well

It would be nice if he tries to quit smoking again and then not pick it back up. I do wish that more artists would stop smoking, it diffinately isnt' very good for their health.

Yeah, marriage is more like a "confirmation" on their love for each other. Many do well without it since I think that once you get married, there is "pressure" put on the couple.

botan, diffinately check out DIF 1-3 sometime!! Diffinately a good watch, hehe. Just ask Lady Zhuge I think that the actress you guys are referring to is Yvonne Lam. Her most "recent" serie would be in Modern Virtues of Harmony and I also saw her in Legal Entanglement
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey guys!!!

Is Julian paired with Annie Man or Kenix Kwok in TMWFI? Or is it both? I wouldn't mind watching this show for Julian and Kenix.

Botan, yeah, I read that bit about Julian saying how perfect life would be if he could quit smoking as well. I hope he can do it and that it will be for good this time, and not just temporarily. It may be easy on vacation, but once he returns to work, there will be a lot of temptation everywhere since his co-workers might be smoking and doing other not-so-great things. Not that he'll read this or anything, but...go Julian!!! We're rooting for you!!!

I'm sure that Julian and Anita will tie the knot when they're both ready. When they do get married, the next question will be about...kids.

Yes botan, definitely watch the DIF trilogy. I highly recommend it as well. You'll definitely love the chemistry between Michael Tao, Joey Leung, and Kenix Kwok in there and most of the cases are very entertaining as well.
    I'll have to take your word for it about the Madam actress, goddess. I have no clue what her name is, but she's pretty good at playing antagonists.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-17-04 at 11:26 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

he was never paired with Kenix at all in TMWFI
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

oh he didn't paired with kenix? that means he'll be pairing up with annie?

he really smokes? surprise to know and he doesn't look like he's a smoker.

Hey there everyone

Yeah, in TMWFI Julian and Annie pairs while Kenix will pair with someone else. I think it'll be obvious once you start watching Don't want to spoil anything

Hehehe, there is always something to discuiss with your other partner in the relationship even if you are or aren't married

Yeah, I think that the DIF triology is one of the best productions by TVB The "buddieness" between Micheal and Joey reminds me of that of Tony Leung and Andy Lau
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi everyone!!!

Yup, I love the cast for TMWFI, another good point about that series. Yeah, Kenix was never paired with Julian. She was kind of his superior. I saw this series first before I watched Remembrance and couldn't imagine them being a couple. Kenix looks a bit older than Julian now. He's paired up with Annie instead. I thought they were a pretty cute couple.

It's good to hear that Julian is trying to quit smoking and I hope he is successful in doing so. Yup, go Julian!!! We totally support ya!!!

I've heard from many that DIF is very good. I will watch it sometime when time permits. Maybe when I get a really long vacation from school then I will watch it since it is three seasons.

Hi ya everyone

Yeah, the casting for TMWFI was quite strong and "well known" but the storyline was a bit weak. Yeah, in here Julian and Kenix don't have that chemistry...but at times I did think they looked nice standing next to each other, like when they were working and in their suits
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yeah, i agree the casting was strong cuz it features quite a number of big names. i'm watching it now since it is showing.
    i think annie and julian gor the chesmistry here, will they be together?

Yeah, the four main leads are all well known so that really attracted viewers. I was one of them, hehe. The artists got me eager for the serie and gave me high expectations for it as well.

***********SPOILERS FOR TAKE MY WORD FOR IT************

Susie, as for you question. Julian does end up with Annie. There is a wedding scene for the two and its quite cute, hehe. Annie looks so nice!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yeah i saw that wedding scene, but sometimes wedding scenes doesn't mean they really ended up together. but anyway, thanks for your info. can't wait to see it....maybe i should rent the vcds and watch it.