Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

The character of Yang Yun Cong has already been casted... Wang Xue Bing has been casted as that role. So maybe Julian Cheung is going to be in the second generation... Hehe, where did you read that information at goddessofhonour?

Originally posted by neverland
    Thanks botan, I was searching ages last night looking for it, and I eventually did but thanks anyway, especially for giving the cantonese saying of it (Yau Gor Yat Tin)! Its so hard cos my computer isnt working and I have use my old one, which cant read chinese, and its SOOOOOOOO slow. Yes I love that song too, I'm like learning chinese to remember the lyrics, it seems really stupid when people see the lyrics in english form, cos I only can read some chinese. Its sad the series ended so quickly, I would of loved it if it had like a few more episodes, especially yeung kwong's family business, what happened there?
    You're welcome ! I agree how it was sad that the series ended so quickly. I wondered what happened to the family business too. There was a lot of loose ends they didn't tie up.

Thanks Lady Zhuge for posting all those pictures. I agree with ya goddess that Julian looks pretty cute now and then. I think he looked best in CBWH, so handsome. And I love that wedding picture too, Jess and Julian are so cute. I wish TVB would pair them up in a series again. Glad to hear that you haven't given up on CBWH Lady Zhuge. There are some boring parts, I found the part with Gallen a bit boring and ended up fastforwarding them.

What new series are you guys talking about? I haven't heard of this news before. Anyone know where I can read the article?

Hey there you guys

Hehe, yeah. Doesn't seem like Julian changed too mcuh sicne then. Still so darn cute!! Lol, now I'm even more excited for CBWH!!! Just gotta wait a little longer until getting it

Oh, I would love to see Julian and Jessica film another serie together. A modern one in particular since Julian looks so darn handsome!!! hehehe......hope they will do something together again!!!

Anyways, kittenwitt posted some news on that serie in the Zhao Wen Zhou thread botan. Check it out Kittenwitt, the article was mainly on Ada, but there was mention of her filming the Seven Swords of Mt. Tian with Julian. The article is at Em's site. http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey guys!

Of course I haven't given up on CBWH. It was just set aside temporarily. I personally find Gallen Lo's character pretty interesting, especially now that he's accidentally killed an important figure. Poor Adam, getting arrested for something that he didn't do.
    Julian's Mandarin voiceover in CBWH makes him sound kind of young and kiddish. His real voice is pretty deep, isn't it? I've been listening to the CBWH theme songs again lately and there's a Mandarin duet sung by Julian and Nnadia. I noticed that Julian has a bit of an accent when singing in Mandarin.

Oh yeah, I remember those pics of Julian and Ada during filming. I just don't recall what exactly it was that they were filming together. Julian looks so hot in both ancient AND modern attire.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Everyone!!!

Yup, Julian hasn't really changed at all, still cute but he has just gotten darker.

It doesn't matter to me whether he will be in modern series or ancient series because he looks good in both. But then Jessica looks better in modern series so it would probably be best if they starred in a modern series together.

Yeah, Julian's voice is pretty deep. Maybe they picked that voiceover because Julian looks like he would have a young and childish voice and they thought it would fit his character . Does the voiceover match with Julian though or does it just sounds awkward? Yes, I agree Julian does have a bit of an accent when he sings in Mandarin, that's why I prefer him singing in Cantonese. Seems like a lot of HK singers have accents when they sing in Mandarin. I couldn't believe Gallen framed Adam for the murder. I felt sorry for Adam too.

Aww, Lady Zhuge, you saw some pics of Ada and Julian and you didn't post them in this thread . I saw the cast list for "Seven Swords of Mt Tian," maybe Julian will have a cameo appearance since his name is listed towards the end. I think I also saw Leon Lai's name listed last.

Hey botan!

I'm moving right along in CBWH and am up to episode 25 now. I don't think Gallen technically framed Adam for murder, but I can't believe he's just going to let his bro go to jail for life! Adam is definitely an unlucky character so far, since his gun being in Dai sir's possession and his medication falling out of Gallen's coat pocket since he'd borrowed that coat on the day of doctor's appointment is purely circumstantial. I hope he can find some more witnesses, like that couple for whom he drew a map for on the night of the murder. This is kind of off-topic, but is it just me or does Adam wear plaid 99% of the time in the show?

I really like Julian's real voice. It's so...sexy. The voice definitely fits the man. I have to agree that I like his singing in Cantonese more as well, even if I don't understand the lyrics.
    Julian's Mandarin voiceover does fit his character, so it's not too awkward.

Hehe, am I glad that I'm not the only one around here who's forgetful at times. The pics of Julian and Ada were from the filming of Water Margin Affairs (?) detailed in an article in Em's blog that were posted in this very thread quite a few pages back. One of the images was a provocative one in which Julian and Ada were locking lips.

Oooh, guess what?! I found Remembrance in Mandarin!!! The quality isn't that great, but it's an old series. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to watch it, but I'm just excited about actually finding it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge!!!

Oh that's right but it just really annoyed me how Gallen just let his step brother get put in prison. LOL, I don't remember if Adam wore plaid all the time. He probably did because I remember I was complaining about his outfits.

LOL, you are right, Julian does have a sexy voice . That's okay, I only understand some Cantonese, I'm still learning. TVB always does a good job dubbing, they always find voice artists that fit the actor/actresses.

Oh I think I know what pictures you are talking about. Don't you mean Gigi Lai not Ada?

Yay, you finally found Remembrance! Do join us in the Remembrance thread when you get a chance to watch it, it's been really quiet there. We're running out of things to discuss about since there's only two of us in the thread.

Hiya botan!!!

Even my dad commented on the amount of plaid Adam was wearing and when that happens, you know the clothing is pretty bad.

Yep, yep, sorry, I did mean Gigi and not Ada. I don't know why, but they just look alike to me. I haven't seen any pics of Ada and Julian. If I do, I'll be sure to post them here in this thread.

Don't worry, I'll definitely bump the Remembrance thread when I watch the show. The question is...which thread? There are two of them, aren't there?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-04-04 at 07:43 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hello Lady Zhuge!!!

LOL, that means the clothing is pretty bad if your parents notice .

Aww, you got me all excited, I thought there were some pictures of Julian and Ada. But that's okay . I've never seen Ada and Julian in a series together, that would be interesting. Also, never seen him paired with Carmen Lee either, that would be something new too. Hmm, I wonder when Water Margin Infernal Affairs will be released. Do you guys think it will be an anniversary series?

Oh that's right, there's two Remembrance threads. I wish the moderator would merge those threads. There's a lot of double threads lately in the TVB forum, it's getting really confusing. You can probably just join the most recent one.

Default Chi Lam's movie "To be No.1"

Hi there, Chi Lam fans,

I am new here....hello to all of you! Sorry for interrupting your interesting discussion.

I wanted to find out whether any one out here has seen Chi Lam's movie "To be No.1" I think it is one of his earlier movies (1998, I think) . I read it is a violent show and banned in some countries. But I would love to see it because the story is interesting, and Chi lam is so cool and gorgeous in it...hehe!

But I have been looking for this movie for almost a year...checked every single video store in the Chinatown near my town, and even many online stores. I just could not find it at all!! Apparently it is out of print. I am so frustrated and disppointed.

I am wondering whether there is any kind soul here who may have this movie, and perhaps can help me out. I would appreciate so much. Thank you!!!!

Hey there you guys!!!! Lol, botan and Lady Zhuge!!! You guys diffinately have a good discussion going on here, hehe. Oh welcome to the thread and forum whitelily!!! (nice username )

Anyways sorry, I can't help you there whitelily. I hardly watch any movies and I don't think I've heard about that one

Oh your so lucky Lady Zhuge!!!! I'm extremely jealous at the moment, even more then usual, hehe. I got so into wanting to rent Rememberence!!! Lol, blame this on you botan, hehe, j/k. Anyways enjoy it when you get to watching Lady Zhuge!!! Watch it "for" me

Ah yes. I've noticed that too botan. Many of the mods have actually be quite busy lately. Lol, unlike me who has no life or anywhere to go
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Default Re: Chi Lam's movie "To be No.1"

Originally posted by whitelily
    Hi there, Chi Lam fans,

I am new here....hello to all of you! Sorry for interrupting your interesting discussion.

I wanted to find out whether any one out here has seen Chi Lam's movie "To be No.1" I think it is one of his earlier movies (1998, I think) . I read it is a violent show and banned in some countries. But I would love to see it because the story is interesting, and Chi lam is so cool and gorgeous in it...hehe!

But I have been looking for this movie for almost a year...checked every single video store in the Chinatown near my town, and even many online stores. I just could not find it at all!! Apparently it is out of print. I am so frustrated and disppointed.

I am wondering whether there is any kind soul here who may have this movie, and perhaps can help me out. I would appreciate so much. Thank you!!!!
    Hi whitelily!

Welcome to SPCNET. It's so nice to see that your first post is in Chilam's thread.
    Anyway, I have never seen any of Julian's films before and am thus not very familiar with them. Your inquest has spurred my curiosity. After a bit of researching, I believe this is the movie you're interested in:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://chilam.scriptmania.com/tobe/pics/cover/vcd.jpg')

It was released in 1996 and also stars Simon Yam and Allen Ting. You can find a nice synopsis and some reviews on it at chilam.com.
    This site sells the film: http://store.fivestarlaser.com/cgi-b...=0/se=2508.htm, but I'm not sure of its reliability since I've never personally ordered from there myself.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi botan and goddess!!!

I've heard absolutely nothing about Water Margin Affairs since reading those articles and seeing the pics of Gigi and Julian. I'm kind of curious about the plot. I don't know if it will be an anniversary series. What would it be the anniversary of?

Goddess, I'll be sure to watch Remembrance for the both of us. When you get CBWH finally, I'm sure you'll feel a lot better.
    Speaking of CBWH, I'm up to episode 29 now.

****SPOILERS****

Yay, they've finally found that woman for whom Adam drew a map for 3 years ago, so hopefully he can get out of jail soon, even if it means back to plaidwear.
    I feel sooo sorry for Julian since he was kind of responsible for Nnadia's brother's death. It's kind of a similar situation to when he shot Louis. Ugh, so much guilt. He and Nnadia just keep missing each other, too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey there Lady Zhuge

Yeah, I don't think there is much news on The Water Margin anymore. Keeping an eye out for info on it however. Has it finished filming? lol, so clueless on this

Hehe, I hope CBWH can put the "loss" of Remembrance away for me.

Julian looks very uh...interesting in the movie poster. Did he have his hair mostly blond then? Anyways who is that guy next to him? Is his name Allen Ting? Hehe, Simon Yam too? I love Simon!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hie there
    i think this is da 1st time i'm in this thread so i don't know what you guyz r talking bout,anyway is The Water Margin julian's latest show?what's his role there?
    When you're afraid to look ahead or behind,look beside you... i'll be there.............forever.........juz call my name.......n i'll be there

Hi guys!!! Welcome to the thread sagiescorp and whitelily!

Yup, Water Margin Infernal Affairs is Julian's latest TVB series. The series had finished filming a few months ago. Not quite sure what his character is like, I think maybe an undercover cop that goes to the past. Not quite sure what the plot is all about either. Lady Zhuge, anniversary series means that they air the series during TVB's anniversary. I read some article a while back saying that they usually air Julian's series during their anniversary so I'm wondering if it's going to be the same this year.

Isn't he in some China/Taiwan series? I don't remember the title but I think Lady Zhuge had posted some pictures of Julian with long hair and wearing some fury thing. I wonder when that one will be released too or has it already been released?

Sorry whitelily, I can't help you either. I don't think I've seen this movie, I've only seen three movies that starred Julian. LOL, Julian does looking very interesting with the blond hair. And the bright green/yellow shirt is quite lovely. I like his haircut though. This is the first time I've seen him with blond hair. The movie was released the same year as CBWH so he must have had blond hair for a brief period of time. I'm suprised that Simon Yam is not on the poster.

****SPOILERS****

About CBWH, yup, I felt sorry for Julian too but he had no choice. He has to follow the rules you know. So you have probably past the part where Nnadia and him separate, huh?

Hey there guys welcome sagies!!!!

Hehe, glad to hear that filing for The Water Margin is over. I wonder is Julian filming anything now? Anyways I hope that Water Margin releases. So most of Julian's series are anniversary ones?

I think the one you are referring to is Seven Sword of Mt Tian? Its also has Ada Choi, Vincent Zhao, and etc. I've been hearing that Ada will start filmnig it soon and all, but has it begun?

Hehe, same. I like that yellowish green jacket. Hmmmm...maybe its the angle he has in the poster, but I don't like how his hair looks. Hehe, if you look closely Simon is in the poster. He is that littler guy standing as if he is going to punch someone. The middle guy wearing all black Be nicer to have a bigger pic of him though!! lol
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddessoffhonour!!!

I'm not sure if Julian is filming anything now. The last time I heard, he was on vacation. Yup, that's what I read, that most of his series are anniversary ones. When is TVB's anniversary anyways, at the end of the year?

I just went back several pages to find the title of that China series, it's called Ni Shui Han. It's not the same series as Seven Sword of Mt Tian, right? It should have been done filming.

Actually, I was being sarcastic about the jacket . I don't quite like that bright color. Oh, I see Simon now, such a tiny picture. You would think he would have a larger picture. Unless he got a small part.

Hi guys!

Thanks for explaining the anniversary bit to me, botan. What anniversary year will it be this time?

Does anyone know what type of drama Water Margin Infernal Affairs is? Is it an action series, more about love, or something else? I've heard surprisingly little news about it. As for Ni Shui Han, I don't know if it's out yet. If not, I hope it'll be out soon. And yes, it's different from the Seven Swords of Mt. Tian.
    Julian has been on vacation since April, right? I wonder when he will be back?

Julian looks hot in practically anything, but that jacket and the hair do not make for his best look.

Originally posted by botan

****SPOILERS****

About CBWH, yup, I felt sorry for Julian too but he had no choice. He has to follow the rules you know. So you have probably past the part where Nnadia and him separate, huh?
    Yeah, I'm past that part already. I'm at the part where Louis deleted two of Julian's messages to Nnadia and it looks like they have little hope of getting back together now. Louis is human, but I feel so sorry for Julian 'cause he thinks that Nnadia still won't forgive him when in actuality, she finally has seen the light.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-06-04 at 07:10 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey there botan and Lady Zhuge

Hehe, that jacket isn't very bad looking though. A little bright/neonish, but overall okay. Sorta matches his hair in a way

Anyways indeed. A very tiny little picture of Simon. Even if his role is small you'ld think they would give him a large picture to attract viewers huh? Thats what many productions do.

Ni Shui Han? I think I'll have to go back and check on the pics and all

Hmmmm....I'm not sure what anniversary TVB is at anymore, lol. Last I heard it was the 35th anniversary last year or something. Lol, not positive so I'm just going to say 30ish

Not quite positive on The Inferno Affairs, but I've read that it does focus a large part on the love story between Gigi and Julian. However its also action since Julian and Wong Hei are cops. Lol, tha doesn't help much huh? ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.