Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

Really? Huang Rong's mother wasn't in a comma in the '94 version? I watched the '83 version first so I was biased, I didn't like the cast so I only watched only parts of it. I don't remember the '94 version being different from the '83 version. I remember that the '94 version was a lot shorter though. So which version was more faithful to the novel?

Yeah, same here lady zhuge, I liked Emily Kwan's character in MOCH and thought that she really fit that role and should have played the same part in LOCH instead of that lady that they casted. They should of casted someone else to be Mu Nian Ci.

I never really thought Julian fit the role of Guo Jing. I thought he looked too intelligant and not naive enough.
    Last edited by botan; 02-27-04 at 03:37 PM.

Originally posted by axt
    I never really thought Julian fit the role of Guo Jing. I thought he looked too intelligant and not naive enough.
    I guess we can't always agree on everything. It's true that Julian doesn't look like a dummy, but I thought the voice he employed was very fitting and he seemed naive enough to me(like when he gave Huang Rong all his money when he had just met her). I mean, he isn't supposed to be a complete idiot, since he does have great taste in girls.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I think Felix had Guo Jing's "HUH?" look down pat Julian put in a pretty good performance, though.
    玉木宏

blog

Well, even though I think Felix fits the role of Guo Jing better than Julian, I also think that Julian's peformance was very good. Julian had his own way of portraying the character. Well, I watched the '83 version first so I am kind of biased about the casting of the '94 version .

Does anyone know when the series "Remembrance" was released? I'm think of renting this series after this term is over. I'm going to search the video store that I go to again and hopefully they will have it. I'm hoping that I overlooked it the last time I searched for it.

Originally posted by axt
    Does anyone know when the series "Remembrance" was released? I'm think of renting this series after this term is over. I'm going to search the video store that I go to again and hopefully they will have it. I'm hoping that I overlooked it the last time I searched for it.
    It was released in April of 1994.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkss.com/stars/galleries/julianc/5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chilam.com/gallery/studioshots/chilam9601.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chilam.com/gallery/studioshots/chilam15.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chilam.com/gallery/studioshots/chilam16.jpg')
    credits to chilam.com
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Nice picture!!

*drools*!

Julian looks great both in and out of costume, but I think he looks the best in ancient-wear:

From MOCH:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chilam.com/gallery/work0/series/93hero.jpg')

From LOCH 1994:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chilam.com/gallery/work0/series/94hero.jpg')

I just thought this pic looked funny:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chilam.com/gallery/work/bodyguard.jpg')
    Now what do they say about guys with big hands? (yeah, yeah...they wear big gloves )

Source for the pictures: Chilam.com
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

wow he looks weird with mustache.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

haha... yea took a while to get used to
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    It was released in April of 1994.
    Thanks a bunch lady zhuge !!!

Yeah, I agree he looks best in ancient-wear. He looked like he just woke up in the last picture with the big hand. His make up is kind of dark in the MOCH picture, makes him look kind of different. I don't remember Julian having braids in LOCH. Thanks for the pictures.

Can anyone provide more information about MOCH ? I feel really blur about it. Can anyone named the cast/roles for it?

Yeah I agree with those who says Emily Kwan disfit Mu Nian Ci. I also feel that Gallon Low doesn't fit Yang Kang. I mean he looks so old. I don't like the pairs to be Mu Nian Ci and Yang Kang.

I would prefer Lousis Koo and Jessica Husan to be the two couples. If you look from the other angles, auctally Lousis looks more like a bad guy rather than a good one and Jessica seems to be kind( though I wished to see playing a bad guy) from her eyes.

I prefer Anthea with Julian as a pair after they starred in this series. Is this the only show they filmed together?
    Don't regret for what you've done.
    If you know you will regret,
    Don't do it in the first place.

Don't regret for what you've done.
    If you know you will regret,
    Don't do it in the first place.

Originally posted by tv fans
    Can anyone provide more information about MOCH ? I feel really blur about it. Can anyone named the cast/roles for it?
    http://chilam.tvheaven.com/mystery/index.html

I think Gallen's acting is pretty good in LOCH, but he does look about 10 years older than his character is supposed to be. There's just something about his face shape.
    Emily Kwan lacks a certain spirit in her role ( especially compared to Athena Chu) and just doesn't have "the look" I would imagine for Mu Nian Ci. I'm kind of disappointed, because I really enjoyed her character in MOCH. I'm almost about half way through the series and I'm glad the main focus has been on Julian and Athena. They do make a really cute couple.

On a side note, the actor who plays Huang Yao Shi in LOCH kind of freaks me out. His eyes always look like they're about to pop out. I prefer the one from MOCH.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by tv fans

Yeah I agree with those who says Emily Kwan disfit Mu Nian Ci. I also feel that Gallon Low doesn't fit Yang Kang. I mean he looks so old. I don't like the pairs to be Mu Nian Ci and Yang Kang.

I would prefer Lousis Koo and Jessica Husan to be the two couples. If you look from the other angles, auctally Lousis looks more like a bad guy rather than a good one and Jessica seems to be kind( though I wished to see playing a bad guy) from her eyes.

I prefer Anthea with Julian as a pair after they starred in this series. Is this the only show they filmed together?
    they also filmed Buddha's Palm together in 2002
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    http://chilam.tvheaven.com/mystery/index.html

On a side note, the actor who plays Huang Yao Shi in LOCH kind of freaks me out. His eyes always look like they're about to pop out. I prefer the one from MOCH.
    LOL, I totally agree, I felt the same way when I watched LOCH. I didn't think he fit the role of Huang Yao Shi either, I thought he looked too evil. I prefer the actor in the 80's version. I wonder why they didn't decide to cast the same man again since he's not that old anyways.

Well, I never thought much about Gallen Lo in LOCH. I agree that he is a bit too old to be playing the character but then I can't think of anyone else during that time that could play the character.

I don't know why but I've never been too fond of Athena Chu, I've always found her annoying so I don't really prefer Julian and her as a couple.

Originally posted by axt
    LOL, I totally agree, I felt the same way when I watched LOCH. I didn't think he fit the role of Huang Yao Shi either, I thought he looked too evil. I prefer the actor in the 80's version. I wonder why they didn't decide to cast the same man again since he's not that old anyways.
    Coincidentally, I was watching a few episodes of Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain '99 today, and the Huang Yao Shi actor from LOCH 1994 is in there as Li Zicheng! He looks better in that role and less weird, probably because of the beard and mustache, which distract attention from his goldfish eyes. Who played Huang Yao Shi in the old 80's version of LOCH?

Originally posted by axt
    I don't know why but I've never been too fond of Athena Chu, I've always found her annoying so I don't really prefer Julian and her as a couple.
    Aw, too bad. I think she's quite cute.
    Who do you think matches up best with Julian?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-05-04 at 02:08 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yea i think Athena and Julian are so cute

he matches quite will w. Kenix Kwok too

Hi Lady Zhuge and Koorinohime!!! I don't know the name of the actor who played Huang Yao Shi but he has been in a lot of series, I can't recall one from the 90's though. I wonder why they didn't cast the same actors for Huang Yao Shi and Chow Bak Tung when the same actor who played the character who gave Huang Rong the bamboo stick (forgot the character's name, I'm so bad with remembering character's names) was in the '94 version as the same character. Who played Chow Bak Tung in the '94 version anyways?

I didn't know that actor with the goldfish eyes was in Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain too? I've seen him in a lot of other series too and his eyes didn't look like they were popping out like in LOCH. I wonder why he looked so scary in LOCH, maybe it's the make up. I agree that the actor in MOCH was a better Huang Yao Shi.

Hmm, I think Julian matches well with most of his female costars but I think he matches best with Noel Leung, second would be Annie Man and then third Jessica Hsuan. How about you Lady Zhuge, who do you think matches up best with Julian?
    Last edited by botan; 03-06-04 at 02:31 AM.