Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

Originally posted by vanan
    More....

"Julian Cheung and Gigi Lai have many passionate kiss scenes in new series "Water Margin Infernal Affairs" and one scene shows them kissing in Lan Kwai Fong wearing ancient costumes. Filming in TKO TVB City car park yesterday, the two did a preview of the scene and they even joked around by sticking their tongues out suggestively.

Talking of the kiss scene in Lan Kwai Fong, even the experienced Gigi is a little worried because she has she has met with chaos in even just a normal scene before so she cannot imagine what a Pan Jinlian in a shoulderless ancient costume will result in. She thinks she will be quite embarrassed doing this scene with so many people watchng. She laughs: "I will be wearing startling lipstick and kissing Julian, that should knock him out! However he is a good partner and I know him and Anita very well, so we work together quite well."

As well as this kiss scene, Gigi reveals there is also a scene that tells of her screen father marrying a woman and she appears in a sexy dress to annoy her father. Many of her society women and designer friends have generously offered her dresses to wear and there is one dress that is beautiful but too sexy like a bikini and she is worried this would overstep the limitations for television. Also all these dresses are very expensive and the scene involves rain, so this is putting pressure on her.

As for Julian, he seems more relaxed about the kiss scenes as he laughs: "The day before yesterday, we have already had a kiss scene in the studio. Gigi and I have filmed these scenes in movies before and this is not our first screen kiss, so it all seems familiar and nothing new. I think the ancient kiss scene in Lan Kwai Fong will be a lot of fun." Also, Julian reveals that after this show, he will be resting in April, learning to dive and going riding with Aaron Kwok. He hopes to spend more time with nature and become healthier. In addition, Julian says that he wanted to buy a number plate with his name on, but after thinking about it, he decided to choose a number that is very difficult to remember so that the paparazzi will find it difficult to track him."....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040314/ent/0314enew12b1.jpg')
    repost from tvbspacenews---credit to Em
    wow.. this is one series i cannot wait too
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Originally posted by vanan

I like Julian's singing also. I think he sings very good tho. I just watched "Point of no return", oi....I love the theme song sooo much. Have any of you know where to download his music?
    I totally agree. I love Julian's singing as well.
    I don't know where you can download the Point of No Return theme song, but you can find some of Julian's songs
    here.
    Just scan the far right column and look for his name.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

have anyone here seen the serie called" The Return of the Cuckoo" he played a deaf guy with Charmaine really cute.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    I wonder if there is any connection between the title and the Chinese classic Outlaws of the Marsh?
    He has a new series (China production) "Ni Shui Han" based on a novel with the same title by Wen Rui An

Detail on this series (in Simplified Chinese) http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/nish/index.html

Originally posted by tinac
    He has a new series (China production) "Ni Shui Han" based on a novel with the same title by Wen Rui An

Detail on this series (in Simplified Chinese) http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/nish/index.html
    Oh cool. Thanks for the link, tinac.

Here are some pics of Julian in the series, courtesy of sina.com:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2003-12-01/U105P28T3D243865F326DT20031201135131.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2003-12-23/U92P28T3D260905F329DT20031223083654.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2003-12-23/U92P28T3D260905F326DT20031223083654.jpg')
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-23-04 at 10:50 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by lilazinprincess
    have anyone here seen the serie called" The Return of the Cuckoo" he played a deaf guy with Charmaine really cute.
    I've seen the first few episodes of the series and didn't really find it interesting though. Hey, your avatar is really cute.

Thanks for the update tinac about Julian's new series. Also thanks for posting the pictures Lady Zhuge. He kind of looks scary in the pictures. Such messy hair and strange looking costume .

Originally posted by axt
    He kind of looks scary in the pictures. Such messy hair and strange looking costume .
    That just shows what a versatile actor he is.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    That just shows what a versatile actor he is.
    LOL !!! That's true. I was just suprised to see him looking like that.

haha i actually think he's looks kind of cool like that
    looks like an interesting series
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Yeah, the new series looks kind of interesting.

I came across a review for MOCH and read a bit of the summary. I never knew that in the end Julian and Emily ended up getting there legs crippled. I guess Julian didn't die and Emily didn't get blind. So confusing. I guess I got confused with LOCH or something. Hmm, I wonder why they keep changing the story around? I didn't know that Julian starred in another series before MOCH called Peak of Passion. Apparently Peak of Passion is his first TVB series.

Originally posted by axt
    I came across a review for MOCH and read a bit of the summary. I never knew that in the end Julian and Emily ended up getting there legs crippled. I guess Julian didn't die and Emily didn't get blind. So confusing. I guess I got confused with LOCH or something. Hmm, I wonder why they keep changing the story around?
    I thought Julian was the one who ended up getting his legs crippled because he was trying to steal the Jiu Yang Zheng Jin in order to find a cure for Emily's eyes? I don't think the MOCH series ever showed what happened to him after that. As for Emily's character, she must have remained blind for the rest of her life.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yeah, that's what I remembered. Maybe the reviewer remembered the series wrong. Oh well, I'm confused now. I only remember the series vaguely. I would rewatch but then it's kind of a sad series, so no thanks.

So is Julian filming Water Margin Infernal Affairs the same time as the new China production or is he done filming it? Also, does anyone know if he is going to be in Healing Hands 3 for sure?

i dunno... but it would cool if he was in HH3....
    i think the China production is done already... ?

Whoa, this thread was way on the bottom of page 1 of the actors forum. It's so quiet here. Nothing new to discuss about Julian, huh?

Hmm, so there's no news on HH3 ? Well, I hope he will be in the series and will get a big part. What about ICAC Investigators 2004, isn't he in that series?

Originally posted by axt
    So is Julian filming Water Margin Infernal Affairs the same time as the new China production or is he done filming it?
    Julian is done filming Water Margin Affairs. He's going to take a break now and go on a well-deserved vacation!

Originally posted by axt
    What about ICAC Investigators 2004, isn't he in that series?
    Yep. That series seems to be loaded with different actors, so I don't know how big of a part he has.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 04-03-04 at 06:34 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for the update Lady Zhuge . Yeah, Julian really deserves a vacation. He's been filming one series after another, must be a lot of work and really tiring. Just hope he doesn't take too long of a vacation though .

I was really curious about how Julian's acting was in MOCH and curious about the ending so I decided to re-watch it. Unfortunately, I only got to see 3/4 of the series, the last few tapes are missing so I didn't get to see what happened . I just realized why I couldn't remember much of the series before, it's because the series is kind of boring. Julian's acting was okay, nothing like Remembrance and CBWH but pretty good for a newbie. His character wasn’t much anyways, he couldn’t really showcase his acting skills. He got a bigger role than I thought he did, kind of the leading role. Yeah, I have to agree he was really cute in this series . He kind of looks different though, very young with a bit of baby fat on his face and the costume, hair, and make up makes him look different too. He looked and acted very naïve and innocent, reminds me of Guo Jing, no wonder he was casted for that role, he really does fit the character. He must have had only one costume for the series, he kept wearing the same outfit episode after episode and never changed, it really bugged me.

Emily’s performance was pretty good and she fit the character very well but I didn’t think she makes a compatible couple with Julian. She looks a bit older than him and they didn’t have much chemistry.
    Last edited by botan; 04-04-04 at 03:43 AM.

You're so lucky that you got to rewatch most of MOCH, axt. I wonder how I would feel about it if I watched it again. I just remember really having the hots for Julian (even though I was just a kid and had no clue who he was ) and totally digging Emily's character as well. That's why the ending made me rather . As for his costume, well...let's just say that he could have been wearing a cardboard box and it would have made little difference to me.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey Lady Zhuge!

I'm so annoyed now that I don't get to see the ending, now I will never know what happened . I hate watching more than half a series and not finishing it. I watched this series when I was a kid too and at that time I didn't really think much of Julian other than he was a newcomer. It wasn't until I watched The Ching Emporer that I became a fan.

well...let's just say that he could have been wearing a cardboard box and it would have made little difference to me.
    LOL !!!

They had such horrible make up in MOCH. The ladies had a massive amount of make up on, which made their faces a lot lighter than their neck. Even the guys wore make up. I guess it was an early 90's trend, I noticed in Remembrance the ladies wore a lot of make up too.

Julian looked completely different from MOCH in Remembrance but he was very handsome in that series despite the strange long hair on one side .
    Last edited by botan; 04-05-04 at 12:49 AM.

New news about Julian from TVBspace News Roundup, courtesy of Em ( http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040407/img/e05040706_big.jpg')

[The Sun]

Gigi Lai and Julian Cheung were filming a kiss scene for "Water Margin Infernal Affairs" in Lan Kwai Fong earlier and for dramatic effect, the two struck a rather acrobatic pose as they kissed a total of five times. Dressed as characters Wu Song and Pan Jinlian from the Water Margin stories, Gigi and Chilam attracted many tourists and locals to watch them, but they ignored the crowds as they repeated the scene several times and later Gigi exclaimed that Julian has eaten all her lipstick!

As for whether she had to ask permission for the scene from Julian's girlfriend Anita Yuen, Gigi laughed: "Not at all. I know Anita very well and we have worked together many times so we are not embarrassed. He is quite amazing though, not getting any lipstick marks even after kissing so many times." Julian says: "It wasn't really that passionate, we had thought about how to do the scene before and it is only a little thing, so I don't need to tell Anita about it."

Also, dressed in her ancient costume, Gigi felt a little odd: "When I had got changed and stepped out of the car, a lot of people looked at me in a curious manner and I felt a little strange myself, but it was quite a funny feeling because I rarely get to film such a comedic ancient show. Earlier, I had felt a slight ache in my neck from not sleeping properly, so it was a little painful, but I have taken a painkiller for it."

http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/2...4038_0003.html
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I was browsing through the thread on The Water Margin at tvseriesfans and this series looks pretty good!!! I'm excited for it to start releasing out, but it'll be a while huh?

Gigi's outfits look really pretty!!!! Hehe, she is a nice pair with Julian, they are cute. Seems like the two are having lots of kissing scenes huh? This will be interesting.

I'm curious to know what role the other casts play. Espically the minors like Matt, Irene, Helina, and etc since its been awhile since I've seen them.

Hehe, here is a another picture of Julian and Gigi kissing. I thought it was quite amusing since it points out Wong Hei and Tavia who are watching on and clapping.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://appledaily.atnext.com/images/apple-photos/640pix/20040407/Article_ent/07ec7p2newaa.jpg')

Here is the funny pic of them sticking their tongues out at each other
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.yimg.com/hk/providers/singtao/20040314/20040314fp05y.jpg')
    Last edited by goddessofhonour; 04-08-04 at 01:48 PM.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.