Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Thanks for the link, tinac. Julian seems to eminate a manly sexiness about him in this series.

Has anyone seen Flying Knife with Julian and Ruby Lin? If so, what did you think of it?
    i do i jus finish it yesterday and is the best series of Julian and ruby...i love this series so much, ruby active is super and julian also did a great job!!!
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

Hi all!!! No news on Julian, huh? I guess he's still on vacation since there's no news on him.

Anyone watching his series or have recently finished one? Do tell, so we can discuss and get this thread up again since it's been so quiet.

Has anyone seen The Ching Emperor? I just finished up this series a couple weeks ago and wondering what others think about it. The first time I watched the series was a long time ago, I didn't remember much about so I decided to rewatch it. I thought it was okay, some parts were boring though. I think the story could have been more interesting but it seems like it was such a small production that they decided to keep the storyline simple. I didn't like the ending for Shui Yue, I thought it was unfair that she ended up being a servant with no title. It would have been better if a high ranking official had adopted her instead and then she would have been able to marry the Emperor. Vivian (Noel) Leung and Julian looked compatible and very cute together but too bad their relationship wasn't developed well, everything happened so suddenly. Too bad they weren't in another series together with a better developed relationship before Vivian left TVB. I do hope someday they will be paired up again. Another thing that annoyed me was how they didn't show Bing Yue and Shui Yue actually meeting each other. I wished they had elaborated more on their past.
    Last edited by botan; 06-22-04 at 06:12 PM.

Hehe, I shall revive this thread!!! ICAC Investigators 2004 came out on a few days ago, but it wasn't finished taping yet so I havne't gotten it yet Will get it on Monday though so I'm excited!! hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Goddess, it's actually a huge disappointment. It has only 5 episodes, and Julian is in only one of them, I think.

Hey realdeal Is it really now? Like how? Storyline wise meaning the cases or just acting? The casts look quite appealing. I was quite dissapointed to hear he will only be in a case, but thats better then nothing right?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

What? really? He's only going to be in one case? Awwwwwwww! Guess i won't be renting that one then. Thought i tried a modern series for once.
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

I'm planning on watching Cold Blood, Warm Heart soon. How is Julian and his role in this series? I'm so psyched about watching him in what will be my first modern Julian series ever!!!
    I love the theme song sung by Adam Cheng and of course the sub theme songs performed by our cutie pie.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

CBWH is a must watch. Julian was great in the series and very cute. His character is my most favorite character that he has ever played. You'll love him in there Lady Zhuge. I love the subsong he sang for the series too. Now I kind of want to rewatch the series just for him .

Is ICAC that bad? I was planning to watch the series too when I get the chance. I wonder if you can just rent the third episode only.
    Last edited by botan; 07-05-04 at 08:03 PM.

LilyPhuong, maybe you still should though. Since its only 3 tapes in viet and thats quite short. Did you know that Sammul is also in it? For how long I don't know, lol. But he's in there!!

Hehe, Lady Zhuge. Are you getting into more TVB series now after watching DIF 1 to 3? Enjoy the serie!!! I still have this serie on my rent list, lol. Its getting to the top soon....sorta

Gosh, just from the preview of CBWH, Julian looks to die for!!! Lol, that preview made me adore Julian and I still havne't seen the serie for myself!!! lol. He is very dashing as a cop!!! Love him while holding a gun and wearing that bullet proof jacket!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hm, if you are hoping to see a lot of Julian in ICAC2004, then you'll be very disappointed. I think his total screen time in that show is less than 15 min.

Now you've got me even more excited to start on CBWH, botan! It's quite a long series, though...65 episodes. I hope that Julian is in most of them. What type of series is it? A police drama or a combination of many elements?

Hey goddess! Yep, I suddenly have a liking for modern TVB series after watching most of the DIF trilogy. You should bump CBWH up a bit higher on your list so we can discuss it soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    LilyPhuong, maybe you still should though. Since its only 3 tapes in viet and thats quite short. Did you know that Sammul is also in it? For how long I don't know, lol. But he's in there!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Really? Sammul is in it too??? I didn't even know that...how could I not noticed this?? AWWWWWWWW thanks Goddess! I got to rent it now. lol!
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Now you've got me even more excited to start on CBWH, botan! It's quite a long series, though...65 episodes. I hope that Julian is in most of them. What type of series is it? A police drama or a combination of many elements?

Hey goddess! Yep, I suddenly have a liking for modern TVB series after watching most of the DIF trilogy. You should bump CBWH up a bit higher on your list so we can discuss it soon.
    Yeah, CBWH is very very long. There may be some draggy parts but overall the series is very good, something not to be missed especially Julian's performance. Don't worry though the 65 episodes will go by fast. I got hooked on this series very easily and finished in like 3-4 days. I can't remember exactly how much screentime Julian had but it was quite a lot. Yup, it's a cop/drama series. But I did find some things in there amusing though.

Hey goddess, how come you haven't started CBWH yet? Do bump it up to the top of your list .

What??? Julian only gets 15 min in ICAC??? I'm having second thoughts about it again.
    Last edited by botan; 07-06-04 at 05:46 PM.

Hey there guys!!!

Gosh, less then 15 minutes? That is diffinately worse then what I was thinking!!! Hmmm...but then there are a lot of castings in there that I would like to see. I think I will still rent it since its quite short.

Lol LilyPhuong. I knew mentioning that Sammul was in it would make you rent it!!! Finally more to discuss in the Sammul thread!!!

I'll try to bump CBWH up on the list Lady Zhuge and botan!! Hehe, but lately I've been re-renting more then getting new series or ones I haven't seen yet.

I've got hesitations for renting it though since I've been spoiled and I'm not too fond of the pairings/relationship. The characters sounds quite intersting and the casting is very large though. Hmmm....I'll still get it eventually though. Just need to get more money first, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

15 minutes is too disappointing... hope it's a good series or i won't bother renting...

but do watch CBWH... it's just too good to miss
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Hi goddessofhonour!!! Before I watched CBWH and DIF 4 I read spoilers for those series too but I still watched them anyways. I'm glad I did because they were really good. So don't worry you won't be disappointed with CBWH at all. It would be a shame to miss out on such a good series with such a good cast and great acting (except for Nnadia Chan).

15 mins is way too short but I will probably eventually watch it anyways. Besides it is only 5 episodes and the cast is not bad either so that won't be too bad if it turns out horrible .

Anyone know how many subsongs The Return of the Cuckoo had and if Julian sang any of them?

Hey there guys

Hehe, thanks for all the comments on CBWH guys!!! I'm diffinately sure now that I will rent it maybe in the next month Lol.....I'll get to it for sure!!! Thanks again guys!!

Hmmm...so Nnadia wasn't that great in there botan? What about everyone else? How did they all do?

I know what you mean botan. Its not that long plus its a good cast. There are many other artists in there besides Julian taht attract me. Thing that annoys me is how Julian has such a big picture on the poster, but only 15 minutes!?!?!?!

I think Return of the Cuckoo has 2 sub-songs and Julian sings one while Steven sings the other.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Howdy to all! (sorry, I had to think of a new greeting)

I'm walking into CBWH totally blind, as I've read nothing about the plot or pairings or whatnot. I've just heard from many people that it's very good and of course Julian's in it, so that makes it a must-see right there. I don't mind if there are any slow parts. Nothing can be as slooow as a certain Korean series (*cough*Endless TortureermImeanLove*cough*) I've just finished watching.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

LOL, Howdy to you too Lady Zhuge and everyone else !

I haven't gotten around to watching Korean series yet but it sounds like Endless Love isn't worth watching then huh? So I won't add that one on my "to watch" list.

Yeah, Nnadia's performance was blah, same as usual, always trying to act cute and biting her lip. And she didn't look too swell in that series nor made a compatible couple with Julian. She looked like his older sister. Jessica and Julian on the other hand were very very cute, my favorite couple in the series. But the ending for them was disappointing .

The rest of the cast were all very good but Maggie Cheung and Gallen Lo were the ones that stood out the most. Gallen was so evil, he's always good at playing evil roles. Maggie did very well for one of her first roles, very convincing as a spoiled bratt turned to a good girl. And of course there's Julian, his crying scenes were so touching, I felt so sorry for him. I think this was one of his break through roles. The series really gets you all emotional.

Oh my I totally forgot that Louis was in CBWH too. How can I forget about Louis. He was okay, a bit stiff but he just started at that time. My how he has changed from being paley with very red lips to being extremely dark.

Julian is the main reason that I want to watch ICAC but I don't mind the rest of the cast. Yeah, only 15 mins but such a big picture of him on the poster. Kind of misleading, almost made me think he would get a lot of screentime.

Thanks for answering my question goddess. I love the themesong for that series, I wonder if the subsong is good.

Hiya botan!

I personally would not recommend Endless Love due to its extreme sappiness and dragginess, but it's a very popular series, so perhaps you might like it.

Julian cries in CBWH? Awww, I'll probably end up crying with him. I'm going to start watching it as soon as I finish Hotelier. (Yes! Go me! I'm actually trying to finish what I start nowadays. )
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")