Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

Originally posted by lilazinprincess
    wow i never seen that serie, what is it about???
    Here's a link for the review for The White Hair Maiden on SPCNET, which has a short little summary of the story, http://www.spcnet.tv/taiwan_whitehair.shtml. Here's another review from a fan site, this site has a more detailed synopsis and gave the series a very good review. The site also has some interesting facts about the series too, http://chilam.tvheaven.com/whitehair/index.html.
    I don't think Anita and Julian will be in many series together because I read somewhere that they tend to bicker a lot when they're working together (like during the filming of The New Judge). Lol axt, that is a really funny pic of Julian. He almost looks like Nie Yuan or maybe the vampire Lestat.
    Aww, that's too bad they don't like working together. Is that why Anita doesn't ever film with TVB, to avoid working with Chi Lam? Well, I will just hope they will decide to work together on another series. LOL, Vampire Lestat or Nie Yuan, that's who he reminds me of ! Gosh, I just scrolled down to that picture and lauged again . Okay, I will try not laugh at that picture . I just hope he never has to wear a wig like that in future series.
    In the New Judge, the villain was the official, Ho-shen--the guy who used the mole on his neck to remind the emperor of his love when he was a prince supposedly reincarnated into him. I really like the 15th prince in this series, too bad he didnt fall for Anita.
    I don't remember who the 15th prince is or the villain, I probably didn't watch that far. That sounds funny though how that man uses the mole as a reminder that he is the reincarnation of the Emperor's love. What happened to that girl that Julian liked?
    Last edited by botan; 04-25-04 at 08:11 PM.

That girl ended up with Chen Long--the guy who becomes the 15th prince's bodyguard. They were in love from the beginning already.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

thanks axt for the links.

Your welcome lilazinprincess !

I just have a few more questions hkopinions. I thought that Chen Long would of fallen for Anita but I guess not, right? Also, how did Julian fall for Anita? Did he somehow finally realize all the things she has done for him?

Hehehe, glad that you asked that question axt!!! Now we won't have to wonder about it. Well, thats good that Anita and Julian coudl end up togehter in The New Judge, but seemed like that isn't the best serial though huh?

Anyways I've just finished wtaching Palm of Ru Lai and overall it was pretty enjoyable. Throughout the serial I thought Julian was just too nice and he needed to be more forceful you know? lol. Anyways finally a scene where I admired him!!!

It was when he found out that Chen Long's father was controlling Athena by torturing her by blowing this bamboo flute thing to make this scorpian or whatever in here stomach eat at her organs. Anyways Julian got so angry that he started beating up the old man and demanding that he scorpian be taken otu!!! That was a good scene now!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Julian fell for Anita :
    When he was capturing a group of bandits, the plan goes bad and the leader of the bandits captures him. Anita saves him and the building collapses. He finally confesses his love to her. Anita was actually pretending to be hurt to get Julian to confess his love to her. Really funny scene.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

I just found out the TVB has recently released "The Mystery of the Condor Heroes" on VCD. I included the link below for anyone who's interested. I haven't seen the series available on Yesia.com yet though. Just hope they release "Remembrance" on VCD sometime too, maybe soon would be nice.
    http://shop.tvb.com:8080/tvb/ShopVCD...atID=C00000003

Here's an article I found on TVBspace News Roundup about Julian and thought I'd post it for those who haven't read it.

May 01,2004

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040502/ent/0502enew08b1.jpg')

The photographic exhibition entitled "Looking at life positively - A reply to AIDS" was held yesterday and Julian Cheung, Niki Chow and Shawn Yu were present as guests. Having been absent for a while, Julian has had a body check earlier and found that he has a problem with his heart where one of the blood vessels appears to be blocked and cannot be operated on. Doctors have given him medication to help, but if it becomes serious, he could die suddenly.

Having just reached his thirties, Julian was originally going to start diving lessons, but after finding out about his condition and reading reports about the danger of diving, he has changed his mind. As he still has many ambitions to fulfill, he wants to make more shows and has therefore decided to drop his desire to learn to dive. Has Julian made a will after finding out about his condition? He laughs that he does not want to talk about this, but he already has many insurance policies and as well as his mother there are many who will benefit if he dies. When asked whether Anita Yuen is very worried about him, he says that she isn't, but he doesn't want to talk about these things.
    Last edited by botan; 05-05-04 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks for the info about MOCH and the article, axt/botan. I'm sad to hear about Julian's heart condition, but I'm glad that he did a check-up and has discovered it relatively early. For some reason, this just sounds so wrong to me: "...but he already has many insurance policies and as well as his mother there are many who will benefit if he dies." I hope he takes care of himself and will be around for many years to come. That would be the greatest benefit for all.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Your welcome Lady Zhuge . Yes, I am very sad to hear about Julian's condition too. I hope he's okay and hope he gets better. I agree, that statment doesn't sound right and that you're right, the greatest benefit for all would be for him to take care of himself and will be around for many years to come. Best wishes to Julian.

Thanks a bunch hkopinions for answering all my questions regarding "The New Judge" . That scene where Anita pretends to be injured and Julian confesses his love sounds very cute and funny.
    Last edited by botan; 05-03-04 at 12:02 AM.

Maybe it's just me but I thought he looked kind of funny with that hair. I laughed so hard when I saw it . What were they thinking with that hair style, it doesn't suit him at all? Anyways, that series doesn't seem interesting at all. Besides I don't think I could tolerate watching Julian with that hair.
    yeah ur right, don't watch this series b/c it suck bad! well i think he changed his hair later but the show was still bad. julian was so weak and dumb. his character in palm rulai reminded me of that so i didn't like his character in there too.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Yeah, I don't really like Julian playing those types of passive characters. His character was okay in "Palm of Rulai." He was a very sweet and kind-hearted person but kind passive or maybe a bit weak is a better word to describe him. Sometimes it felt like he was a useless character. He didn't really do much throughout the series. His character didn't seem to stand out in the series. But in the end he did kind of get stronger. I like it when Julian plays the type of character like in CBWH, a "Mr. Perfect" type character. I hope to see him play a character like that in a future series.

I just finished up Palm of Rulai too. I thought it was an okay series, just too draggy. I would rate it a 3/5. I thought the most pitiful character in the series was Chen Long. He actually wasn't evil at all, it was all his father's fault for pushing him and giving him that medication to drink. Such a sad ending for him. The death of Athena's father was quite touching, I almost cried but then they overdid the scene and dragged it, which ruined the moment. After like 5 min. (well it seemed that long), I was like "okay, please just die now!" I think Chen Long's father is not right in the mind. He's so strange, causing chaos just because someone insulted him and married the women he loved. I was a bit annoyed with the ending, I wished they had showed what happened to everyone. I didn't like it how Christopher proposes to Phyllis and the scene ends without her answer. Also felt as though the horse riding scene ended ubruptly. It would of been better if they got off the horse and stood there or maybe hug or something. I don't get the thing about Phyllis's face, will her face scar again after a year. Also, the change in Athena's mother was too sudden, it seemed kind of unconvincing. Okay, I will visit the thread for that series and discuss more there.
    Last edited by botan; 05-03-04 at 02:07 PM.

does he have heart problems? heard he did! anyone wants to clarify it?

Originally posted by powergal888
    does he have heart problems? heard he did! anyone wants to clarify it?
    According to the article that botan posted, yes he does:

Having been absent for a while, Julian has had a body check earlier and found that he has a problem with his heart where one of the blood vessels appears to be blocked and cannot be operated on. Doctors have given him medication to help, but if it becomes serious, he could die suddenly.
    I wish it wasn't true, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey there you guys

Thanks for posting the news axt. Gosh, I also do hope that Julian takes care of himself and his health. I find that its really sweet/touching to hear that Julian really enjoys doing serials and wants to continue doing more. I also don't like the way that one sentence was stated.....

Oh yes, went to video store today and the stoer didn't have Rememberence!!! I had such high hopes of watching it.....now I can't. I'm so dissapointed now.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hello everyone. I'm new to these boards and I'm a huge Julian fan so decided to participate. I wasn't aware that he had a heart condition. I hope he takes care of himself even if it means less productions. Julian is one of the few actors I love and grew up watching. I'd hate to see anything bad happen to him. Hopefully everthing will be ok.

Was is just me...or was the ending to the new judge one of the most rushed endings ever? They didn't have time to even dub the thing properly! I wasn't sure what was going on during all the chaos of the saving of Julian and all and then random voices came out of nowhere narrating who knows what! i thought my vcd player was getting busted or something! Geez it was awful! They even changed the voices of the main charachters! I'm still not too clear on what happened. The ending was so silly...
    but...watching it was worth it because him and Anita are too cute together! They are one of my favorite real life couples.

Hi all!!! Hey, I'm so glad that you've joined the thread Jay !

Hi goddess, don't worry there's still hope. I had the same problem but I was able to find the series so I'm sure you will too. I was very very shocked when I read about Julian's heart condition too. I felt the same way as you all. I really really hope he gets better. I never finished The New Judge, so no comment on the ending. But I agree, Anita and Julian were very cute together.

I just discovered that Julian is a pretty good singer. I like his singing very much. Anyone recommend any albums of his?

I love Julian's voice, too. I don't have any of his albums, but I like his Cold Blood, Warm Heart subthemes, as well as The Legend of the Condor Heroes 1994 and The Ching Emperor theme songs. Like botan (I'm still not used to you not being axt anymore ), I'd appreciate some good album recommendations as well (preferrably Mandarin ones). Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 05-05-04 at 03:16 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi all!!! Aww, now I feel really bad, I wish I didn't change my username. Feel free to call me axt if you prefer instead, Lady Zhuge .

I was just browsing around and stumbled across this very nice site dedicated to Chi Lam, http://www.chilamnet.com/, it's pretty neat site with news and well, almost everything about Julian. I read that Julian had posted a message on the forum stating that he's fine and telling his fans not to worry about him, that his heart condition is only minor. Here's the link, check it out if you're interested: http://chilamnet.com/bbs/forum_posts.asp?TID=134&PN=1. Funny, he also says he's addicted to Simcity. That is a pretty fun and addicting game . I wonder if it really is him. It would be so cool if it was. Well, I guess I feel less worried now, since he says he's fine (if it really is him).

I like the songs that you mentioned too Lady Zhuge. I also like the main and subsong for Remembrance. I'd prefer Cantonese albums. So if anyones knows any good Canto albums of his, please recommend. Thanks in advance too

Heres a message from Julian: (I got out of a magazine)

Julian: I am doing much better now. Thank you for all the mails and get well letters from the fans. One of my greatest support is from Anita. She is very worried for me but I am optimistic and this is only a minor condition. However, I am listening to her and eating healthier plus lots of exercising now. If you noticed from my previous films--the New Judge--I was getting a bit big there. (laughs). Thank you again to all the fans for their support.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Thanks a bunch for the article hkopinions. I'm glad to hear that Julian is doing fine. LOL, I didn't think he looked big at all in the New Judge, he looked the same as usual.