Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

Hey Axt!

Are you referring to the actor that played Hong Qi Gong, who was the guy that gave Huang Rong the dog beating stick and made her head of the Beggar Clan? He has become one of my favorite Jin Yong characters since watching this series. The actor is absolutely wonderful and kind of reminds me of my grandpa. Are you saying that he was cast in more than one version of LOCH as Qi Gong?
    I don't know the name of the actor who plays Zhou Bo Tong in the '94 version, but he does a good job of being really, really annoying.
    Yep, Mr. Goldfish Eyes is in Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain '99 as Li Zicheng. He appears in the second episode. The actor who played Huang Yao Shi in MOCH is in The Snow is Red. Lol, maybe we'd better find out these people's real names, or else just keep using funny nicks.
    IMO, Julian makes almost every girl look that much better.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge!!! Yeah, that's the characters name, Hong Qi Gong. Yup, he was in both version of LOCH as the same character. I agree, he's a wonderful actor and he reminds of a grandpa too. Hong Qi Gong is my favorite character too, also Zhou Bo Tong. The actor that played Zhou Bo Tong in the '82 version was really good, he was very funny.

LOL, it's okay to use funny nicks, I do it all the time when I don't know the actor/actress' names. It's easy to identify them when there names are unknown .

Yeah, that actor in MOCH as Huang Yao Shi was in Snow is Red. Don't know his name though. He's a veteran actor isn't he? I've heard that he's been acting for a while and was in a lot of series a long long time ago. Wasn't Wayne Lai Zhou Bo Tong in MOCH?

IMO, Julian makes almost every girl look that much better.
    Yeah, that's true .

Originally posted by axt
    Yeah, that's the characters name, Hong Qi Gong. Yup, he was in both version of LOCH as the same character. I agree, he's a wonderful actor and he reminds of a grandpa too. Hong Qi Gong is my favorite character too, also Zhou Bo Tong. The actor that played Zhou Bo Tong in the '82 version was really good, he was very funny.
    Have you seen LOCH 2003? If so, do you know who played Hong Qi Gong in that version?

Originally posted by axt
    Yeah, that actor in MOCH as Huang Yao Shi was in Snow is Red. Don't know his name though. He's a veteran actor isn't he? I've heard that he's been acting for a while and was in a lot of series a long long time ago.
    I found out that the actor's name is David Chiang. Yep, he's a veteran actor all right, though I've only seen him in MOCH. He was actually a top-ranking martial arts/action star in his day. A list of his works: http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/chiang_david.htm.

Originally posted by axt
    Wasn't Wayne Lai Zhou Bo Tong in MOCH?
    I don't even remember the Zhou Bo Tong character that well in MOCH, let alone the actor. I want to rewatch the series someday, but who knows when that will be...

Anyway, back to Julian.
    Yep, he's still as cute as ever.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

No, I haven't seen LOCH '03. Watching two version of LOCH is good enough, watching a third version would be too much of LOCH for me .

Really? David Chiang was a top action star? I'm just curious, does he still act?

My parents have a copy of MOCH, one of their favorite series. I might pull it out someday too just to watch Julian .

Yup, Julian is still cute as ever, especially those dimples, so adorable !!! Anyone know if he will be starring in any upcoming TVB series? Does he only film one TVB series a year or something?

Thats what i want to know!! Wonder if he is going to star anymore TVB series!! Hope he does!! ^_^

he is currently making a series with Gigi Lai and Wong Hei
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Axt, I don't know if David is still acting or not. Maybe he's taking on smaller roles now?

Originally posted by koorinohime
    he is currently making a series with Gigi Lai and Wong Hei
    What's the series called?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi all!!!

Thanks Koorinohime! Yeah, that's what I was wondering what is the new series called and do you know what it's about?

Julian's new series called "Water margin infernal affairs". It's being filming now.

This is the "piece of news" about it (re-post from tvbspace news, please credit to Em)
    ......"Julian Cheung and Gigi Lai were filming for new series "Water Margin Infernal Affairs" in a scene where Gigi is being pestered in a park and Julian helps her out. He refers to himself as the Hong Kong version of 'Ong Bak' [Em: This is a Hit Thai film about a Thai Boxer that is popular in HK at the moment.] and he strikes a kicking pose like the star of the movie, however when the cameras are rolling, a simple kicking action takes several takes before the director accepts it. "......
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040311/img/e03031110_big.jpg')

Thanks vanan for posting the article ! "Water Margin Infernal Affairs," hmm, what a strange title.

I wonder if there is any connection between the title and the Chinese classic Outlaws of the Marsh?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

What's "Outlaw of the Marsh?" The title of the new series reminds me of the HK movie "Infernal Affairs," I wonder if it is similar?

Finally got a chance to go to the video store and rent some series. I was so annoyed because they didn't have "Remembrance." So, I ended up renting the first few tapes of "Point of No Return." I said that I will try to avoid any series with Charmaine Sheh in it but I ended up renting a series with her in it. It so difficult to avoid her when she's in the same series as one of my favorite actors. Anyways, so far it's okay. Pretty funny especially the part where Charmaine has a crush on Kevin Cheng and keeps talking to herself and how Julian keeps playing tricks on her. I kind of find the parts about Damian and Angie boring. Also, parts where they talk about business is a snoozer. Well, I'm not sure if I should continue watching it though, I have to think about it. So far Julian's performance is really good, he does a good job portraying a rich spoiled kid.

I saw a poster of a series with Julian and Athena Chu at the video store, I think it's that series "Buddha's Palm". Has anyone seen that series? Is it worth watching?
    Last edited by botan; 03-17-04 at 07:58 PM.

Originally posted by axt
    What's "Outlaw of the Marsh?" The title of the new series reminds me of the HK movie "Infernal Affairs," I wonder if it is similar?
    From what I know of Internal Affairs(which isn't much), I don't think they're the same or even similar. Outlaws of the Marsh, a.k.a. Water Margin, is one of the four great Chinese classics (the other three are Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, Dream of the Red Chamber/Mansion, and Journey to the West). It's about 108 heroes(many of whom are forced to become bandits because of the corrupt government) who band together at Liangshan.

About Buddha's Palm, I thought I saw a thread regarding it in one of the other forums here at SPCnet(but perhaps under a different name).
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-17-04 at 09:06 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh, I've never seen Infernal Affairs before, was it that bad? I wonder why they made such a big deal about that film. Anyways, it was just a guess since the title is almost similar except for the Water Margin in the beginning of it. "Water Margin Infernal Affairs," what a mouth full !!!

Thanks for reminding me Lady Zhuge about checking other forums. I forgot. I will take a look.

There is a little bit more news about Julian's new series. Do you guys dont mind if I repost it here?

...."Julian Cheung and Gigi Lai were filming for "Water Margin Infernal Affairs" in Central in a scene where Gigi is threatened to have acid thrown at her, but Julian comes to her rescue and takes her to hospital. There was no kissing in this scene.

With the recent news of Edison Chen being assaulted and the threat of kidnap for Jade Kwan, is Julian worried about the safety of celebrities at the moment? He says: "I will not worry because people aren't that crazy. I hope Edison is okay. It was just an accident and just some schoolkids being naughty, Chow Yun Fat goes around everywhere." Julian says he doesn't go out much and he prefers outdoor and daytime activities so he has little trouble. Does he feel that Edison has met with this incident because of his arrogance? He says: "I don't think it is relevant, it was just a coincidence. I personally find that Edison is quite polite." After this show has finished filming, Julian will be heading off on holiday.".....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20040318/photos/m527650SP.jpg')

Hee...hee...Julian looked a lit different to me in that pic, so does Gigi...lol

More....

"Julian Cheung and Gigi Lai have many passionate kiss scenes in new series "Water Margin Infernal Affairs" and one scene shows them kissing in Lan Kwai Fong wearing ancient costumes. Filming in TKO TVB City car park yesterday, the two did a preview of the scene and they even joked around by sticking their tongues out suggestively.

Talking of the kiss scene in Lan Kwai Fong, even the experienced Gigi is a little worried because she has she has met with chaos in even just a normal scene before so she cannot imagine what a Pan Jinlian in a shoulderless ancient costume will result in. She thinks she will be quite embarrassed doing this scene with so many people watchng. She laughs: "I will be wearing startling lipstick and kissing Julian, that should knock him out! However he is a good partner and I know him and Anita very well, so we work together quite well."

As well as this kiss scene, Gigi reveals there is also a scene that tells of her screen father marrying a woman and she appears in a sexy dress to annoy her father. Many of her society women and designer friends have generously offered her dresses to wear and there is one dress that is beautiful but too sexy like a bikini and she is worried this would overstep the limitations for television. Also all these dresses are very expensive and the scene involves rain, so this is putting pressure on her.

As for Julian, he seems more relaxed about the kiss scenes as he laughs: "The day before yesterday, we have already had a kiss scene in the studio. Gigi and I have filmed these scenes in movies before and this is not our first screen kiss, so it all seems familiar and nothing new. I think the ancient kiss scene in Lan Kwai Fong will be a lot of fun." Also, Julian reveals that after this show, he will be resting in April, learning to dive and going riding with Aaron Kwok. He hopes to spend more time with nature and become healthier. In addition, Julian says that he wanted to buy a number plate with his name on, but after thinking about it, he decided to choose a number that is very difficult to remember so that the paparazzi will find it difficult to track him."....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040314/ent/0314enew12b1.jpg')
    repost from tvbspacenews---credit to Em

Does anyone know Buddha's Palm is released in Viet? Please let me know the tittle. Thank you so much.

Hee..hee...I really love Julian and Athena as couple after watching LOCH 94. They were soo cute together.

axt, I've only heard good things about Internal Affairs(namely the first one). It's just that I haven't had a chance to watch any of the trilogy yet.

Thanks for reposting the pics and articles, vanan! Lol, it's so funny how Julian is going to pick a license number that would be hard to memorize so reporters won't be after him. Sometimes I really feel sorry for celebrities. Peace and quiet seems to be a rare commodity for them. Anyway, I hope Julian enjoys a relaxing April off. He certainly deserves it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by vanan
    Does anyone know Buddha's Palm is released in Viet? Please let me know the tittle. Thank you so much.
    The Viet title is "Thần Chýởng Nhý Lai".
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks again for the tittle, Lady Zhuge.

I like Julian's singing also. I think he sings very good tho. I just watched "Point of no return", oi....I love the theme song sooo much. Have any of you know where to download his music?