Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)

Thanks for the article Lady Zhuge . I thought this series was done filming.

Hi again goddessofhonour! Glad you have joined the Julian thread and thanks for posting some more pictures ! LOL, I agree that picture you posted is quite amusing with the arrows pointing at Tavia and Wong Hei. The second picture is funny too.

Yeah, I am curious to know what characters everyone is playing and what this series is about.
    Last edited by botan; 04-08-04 at 03:29 PM.

Hey there axt

Yeah, I thought I should start supporting Julian and this seems like the perfect time Hehehe, I know, that pic with Wong Hei and Tavia in the background is amusing. Makes me laugh everytime I look at it. Gosh, Julian and Gigi are so professional!! I would think they would be uncomfortable with that group of people surrounding them, but I guess they've faced these same situations before huh?

Tavia looks really cute with glasses!!! I hope Wong Hei plays a good guy you know. I just adore him more after seeing him in Net Deception!!! I think this series is done filming....but are roles all confirmed yet?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah, I guess as an actor you have to get used to doing certain scenes in front of a crowd.

I wonder what role Tavia will be playing, does she get a big role?

oooo I am watching Palm of Budha. Julian is so adorable, very innocent. Such a cutie. The costume is kinda weird lol. How old is he now? He is still hot.
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

He's 32, and yes, definitely still as fine as ever.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I just rented the first 4 tapes to Palm of Ru Lai and I like it so far. When I first popped in the tape, the computer affects gave me such a headach. Espically that scene where Julian is flying in between those rocks and all. Hehe, found it amusing how all that was a dream though. Anyways Julian looks pretty dorkey cute in there!! agree with you lilyphuong, the costumes are quite strange though.

I'm not quite sure on Tavia's role, but I heard she will be playing as Julian's childhood friend and once he goes undercover to be a gangster or wahtever, she tries to make him become "good" again. Oh, I think she will be a doctor in here. Oh yeah, her sister belinda or somethign like that is in this series too if I'm correct
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I think Tavia's sister's name is Griselda. Yeah, I definately agree with you guys about the costumes in Palm of Rulai. Very strange costumes and their hair is strange too. Julian looks kind of weird when he doesn't wear the hat.

Has anyone seen the series Dare to Strike? Is it a good series?
    Last edited by botan; 04-12-04 at 03:33 PM.

Hehehe, I was somewhat close... Got the da at the end.

Well I got more tapes of Palm of Ru Lai, but haven't watched much of it. Julian and Athena's relationship is moving on by quickly wonder what will happen between them...

Hehehe, goddess saw Dare to Strike quite awhile ago. I think it was right when the serie was released. Can't remember that much on it, but I know that it was a good serial. Very nice casting!! Li Nan Xiang was also in here and his performance was excellent!!! This serie only had 22 tapes in viet and I think Julian sung one of the songs in it.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah, you were close, you got the 'da . Dare to Strike was released a while ago, when? I haven't heard of it until now. Hmm, but I don't know the rest of the cast. I guess I should go find a review to get more info.

I just watched up to half of Palm of Ru Lai and so far I think it's really boring and draggy. It would be more interesting if they cut out all the unecessary scenes. Julian hardly gets any screen time, Christopher gets more screen time than he does. It seems like Athena and Phyllis are the main characters since so far everything is centered around them. So far Julian's character does nothing but follow Athena around. Yeah, Julian and Athena's relationship moved on very quickly, later Athena decides to runaway with Julian and live together and they decide to set up a sort of delivery business. Only half the series left to go, I wonder why it's so long.
    Last edited by botan; 04-13-04 at 02:31 PM.

Hey there axt Yeah, there is a review for Dare to Strike here. Lingz wrote it and its very well done!!! Can't rmember when it was releasing, but somehow the year 1998 is in my head..... There is also a thread on the serie in the Singapore section. Come in and bring it to life again!!! I'll be there

Right now I'm on tape 10 of Palm of Ru Lai. I dont' like how Julian looks when he ran away with Athena. Lol, looked as if he was wearing a potato sack... : I like Chris in here, he amused me a lot!!! Athena is starting to really annoy me, I just can't stand something about her character!! I think this serie is good though, just a bit draggy.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Oh really? Then I don't have to search hard for the review then. I'll definately check that out. I haven't watched the series yet, I'm not sure what I would discuss about in the DTS thread but I'll swing by too after I get a chance to read the review .

Yeah, Palm of Rulai is okay but way to draggy. I think it would be a lot better if it wasn't soooo draggy. I agree the costume Julian wore when he went with Athena was horrible. Yeah, Athena annoyed me too, especially the part were she ran away with Julian. She's so depressing and I don't get why she was so unhappy living with Julian. But Athena's mom annoyed me even more. Such an awful lady who is overly paranoid. I hate the way she treats Athena, gosh it's her own daughter. I don't understand how she could be like that. Athena and Julian look cute together but their relationship in this series is so boring. Hmm, Athena is very petite isn't she? I never noticed how petite she was in other series. Seems like everyone else in the series is way taller than her.

Hehehehe, you know what I find funny? Lol, I've come to a conclusion that Athena's mother is actually one of my favorite characters She might be consider my favorite, but gotta think about it. Yeah her character is really just plain scary, mean, and paranoid, but there is something about that character that I admire.

I really hate the way she treats Athena, but there was that one scene where she showed that she does somewht "care" for her. That scene when she got sick and woke up to see Athena sleeping by her bed and finds out that all the 3 days she was unconcious, Athena was taking care of her. Oh yes, I just found out that there is a mystery behind Athena's identity

Gosh, I hated how depressed Athena was during those scenes!!! I thought she would be happy with Julian or at least put up a fake face and act happy. Her character is really weak.... Gosh, I know what you mean!!! I've never notice how short she is till now. When watching her in Xiao Shi Yi Lang, she looked rather tall, but in here.. The rest of the cast seem really huge, hehe. Espically Phyllis!! At least standing next to Athena.

Okay, when you get to read the review, do jump into the thread!!! hehe, you can just start asking questions or so. Hopefully that'll get the thread alive again
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Really? I'm the opposite, I totally can't stand her. But I have to admit though that her character is very interesting, probably more interesting than all the other characters. Yeah, I remember that scene where she showed some warm feelings toward Athena but she is still suspicious and thinks negative of Athena. I wonder if her mother will change. Yes, there is a mystery to Athena's identity. What part are you on?

Yeah, Phyllis is towering over Athena. I also noticed that Athena has gotten very very dark. She is a lot darker than everyone else in the series. Must be either over tanning or it's extremely hot in Taiwan or where ever they are filming. She looks really different from the last time I saw her in a series but then that was a long time ago.
    Last edited by botan; 04-15-04 at 02:07 PM.

There's another mystery? I thought her being the daughter of that one dude ( sorrie i don't know names) is the only secret. Well that secret is revealed later on anyways. Very dramatic scene but somehow i didn't fall for it. After all, she has cried alot this series so when I see her cry again, it's like ... ohhh okiay! In a way, i do agree with the mom being the most interesting character in the story. She displays a wide range of emotions....lol... I do hope her mom's attitude will change towards Athena. Is Julian going to learn some more kungfu later in the movie? I can't wait to see him stepping out of Athena's shadow and does his own thing in the story. lol. Adorable Julian
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

Well, yeah that's the mystery, she's the daughter of that one man (don't remember his name is either). Yes, Athena cries a lot in this series, she is so depressing. I stopped at the part where Phyllis runs away from home so I have no idea if Julian will learn more kung fu. I sure hope he does and hope he steps out of Athena shadow too. So far he hasn't really done anything, the story is very focused on Athena and Phyllis.

I saw this show early last year, so can't remember the detail.

**** Warning Spoiler!! *****

- Athena's mother had a twin sister (the younger version were all acted by Athena) who was Julian's godfather's wife. This couple loved each other but the wife and their son were ambushed and killed by the "good" sects.

- Athena's mother (coerced by her sifu) to go to Julian's godfather. He raped her. SHe later fall in love with him, I guess because he regretted the rape and was quite nice to her.

- Her love was rejected by him because he only loved his wife and knew that she was a spy.

- Then her love turned to hatred, which is why she hates Athena so much.

What I dont like about this series is that Athena falls desperately in love with Julian in the first 4 hours of the series. This makes their love seem draggy. However, this series is still good despite the overdone CG especially the colorful smoke when things blow up. I wonder when they filmed this series because it seems hot and humid since everyone on screen is sweating so much especially Chris.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Thanks tinac ! I see why she hates Athena so much but still, your own daughter, you have to have some feelings. But I guess she's too bitter to have feelings for Athena. So did Julian's godfather ever love Athena's mother? I don't know why but I got the impression that he pushed her away because he didn't want her hurt since he didn't want to live a simple life instead wanted to take revenge for his wife and son?

Yeah, I agree with you hkopinions about Athena falling for Julian so fast. It makes their love story very draggy and boring. Hmm, I thought they filmed this series in Taiwan since the scenary looks familar. I noticed that everyone was sweating a lot too. They might have filmed it during the summer season or something.

hahahaha i noticed that too! They do sweat a lot especially Christopher! ANyways... I am at that part where Julian is in that cave with Athena's sister and they got poisoned by the plants and trees in there and ended up in each other arms. Can anyone tell me if they got intimate during tat part?

Hey there you guys!!!

Just got the newest tapes to this serie. I think its up to tape 22 now? Argh, tapes 19 and 20 didn't have any picture so couldn't watch it and had to skip so really confused!!! Gotta trade that one in.

Anyways the mother isn't that bad anymore. Seemed like the mom and Athena are on good terms now, don't know how since dumb tape didn't work, but I'm glad. Now Phyllis is the one that annoys me!!! She is really depressing and ungratful too!!! Agree on Athena, I liked her better as the strong independant type. Yeah, she can have her emotional times, but seems like there is too much now!!!

Hopefully Julian will learn better kung fu, seems like his skills aren't that bad though. Chris is getting along pretty well. Lol, got both sifu's teaching him!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.