Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bai Ma Xiao Xi Feng

Chen Dahai was extremely determined to get the map of the Gao Chang Labyrinth. They had lingered in the desert for a decade, searching miles of desert and pastures, just to find Li Wenxiu. After much trouble, he had finally managed to receive a little information about her. Although he was impatient and violent by nature, he did understand that he had to tolerate little things so as to not mess up the big picture. So he glared at Su Pu, before turning to old man Ji and asked, “Well, about that painting, it could be considered a map, depicting the topography of some land features in the desert.” Old man Ji trembled slightly, saying, “How did…… did you know that the map was in the hands of the little girl?” Chen Dahai answered, “This thing is absolutely true. If you can find the map and return it to me, I will reward you handsomely.” As he spoke he took out two silver ingots from his bosom and placed them on the table. Illuminated by the firelight, the ingots sparkled brightly.

Old man Ji thought deeply for a second, then shook his head slowly, saying, “I’ve never seen it before.” Chen Dahai replied, “I want to take a look at the things that that little girl left behind.” Old man Ji stammered, “This…… this……” Chen Dahai raised his left hand and grabbed his silver-hilted dagger, and stuck it into the wooden table, saying, “What’s so this and that? I’ll go inside and take a look myself.” As he spoke he lighted a candle made from mutton fat, pushed the door open and entered the room. He entered old man Ji’s bedroom first. Seeing that the furnishings looked unfamiliar, he casually rummaged through several boxes and baskets before moving to Li Wenxiu’s room.

He saw the clothes which Li Wenxiu had removed in a hurry, and said, “Ha, she died after reaching maturity.” This time he conducted his search very carefully, and even rummaged through the clothes Li Wenxiu wore as a child. Although she could not fit into these clothes because she had grown up, she still kept them intact for they were sewn by her mother. As soon as Chen Dahai set his eyes on those colourful clothes, he vaguely recalled the scene from a decade ago, where he had pursued her in the great desert. Joyfully he cried out, “Yes, yes, it is her!” But he had already ransacked the room, even cutting open the linings of all the clothes, yet he was still unable to find the map. When Su Pu saw him ruining her belongings like that, he pulled his sabre out several times, wanting to strike, but each time he was restrained by A’man.

Old man Ji looked out of the corner of his eye at Li Wenxiu occasionally, only to see her gazing into the fire, seemingly oblivious to Chen Dahai’s savaging. Old man Ji felt sadness in his heart, “But what can she do when faced with the sword of this violent visitor?” Li Wenxiu looked at the expression of Su Pu’s face, and felt miserable yet heartened, “He has always remembered me; he actually dares to pull out his sword and duel with that man just to protect my belongings.” But she was also perplexed, “This evil bandit said that I stole his map, what exactly is that map?” That day, before Li Wenxiu’s mother died, she had stuffed a map into Li Wenxiu’s clothes. But the circumstances were pressing, and she did not have time to explain before mother and daughter parted ways forever. The men from Jinwei Protection Agency spent the last decade searching for her everywhere, but Li Wenxiu herself was completely unaware of all this.

Chen Dahai spent a long time rummaging through the room, but his efforts were fruitless, making him extremely discouraged. Suddenly he asked sternly, “Where is she buried?” Old man Ji was froze for a moment, then said, “Somewhere far, far away.” Chen Dahai removed a iron spade from the wall, ordering, “You take me there!” Su Pu stood up, and yelled, “What are you going there for?” Chen Dahai answered, “Why should you care? I’m going to dig open her grave to take a look, who knows, she might have brought the map with her into her grave,” Su Pu positioned his sabre horizontally, barring the doorway, crying out, “I won’t let you touch her grave!” Chen Dahai raised the iron spade, and struck Su Pu’s head, shouting, “Get lost!” Su Pu dodged to the left, and sent his sabre outwards. Chen Dahai threw the iron spade aside, and pulled out the long sword hanging from his waist. There was a clang as sword and sabre clashed. Each man leapt backwards one step, then immediately launched their attacks, fighting each other.

The hall of this cottage was small, and as the sword and sabre swung everywhere, old man Ji and A’man retreated to the sides, their backs against the walls. Only Li Wenxiu remained standing at the windows. A’man dashed over, and pulled out the daggers which Chen Dahai had stuck into the table, intending to aid Su Pu. But as they were in the thick of the battle, she did not have the chance to interfere.
    Last edited by junzi; 05-03-07 at 07:13 AM.

Please keep on translating. Please!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let this hang in the air!

Great update. I've only started reading this again after my comment on page 3 in this thread. Please update again when you get the chance. Thanks!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update, junzi! We've all been waiting forever to find out what will become of Wenxiu. Are you almost halfway through the novel? Su Pu sounds like a decent guy. Too bad he fell in love with the wrong girl.

Default great story

wow...this story is addicting! don't think a'man is the wrong girl.... she's just not the heroine of the story...that's all.
    thanks for translating... junzi.... hope you get some free time to continue translating soon

By this time, Su Pu had inherited all of his fathers skills, the steps of his swordplay permutated continuously, and his strokes were fierce and powerful. At the beginning, Chen Dahai was on the losing end, and was secretly shocked, Who would have thought that the martial arts skills of this Kazak lad are on par with the excellent pugilists from the Central Plains? At that moment, he felt a gust of wind breeze past his back. Aman had tried to launch a sneak attack on him by throwing a small dagger at him. Chen Dahai dodged it by moving to the right. Chi! Su Pus sabre had cut an opening in his left arm. Chen Dahai was extremely furious. Swish! Swish! Swish! With three successive strokes, he displayed his famous skill, the Green Python Swordplay.

Su Pu saw the tip of the sword sparkle as it moved exactly like a spitting python. He did not know which part of his body the tip of the sword was going to pierce. He was unable to block off a blow, and his enemy sent his long sword right into his face. He hurriedly cocked his head to one side, but the side of his neck was still stabbed. Blood flowed profusely. Chen Dahai did not retreat once he had gained the upper hand. Another thrust of his sword, and he had stabbed Su Pus wrist. His sabre fell to the ground with a crash.

He was about to thrust his sword out a third time. Su Pu was utterly defenceless and was certainly going to be killed. Li Wenxiu stepped forward, and waited until he thrust his sword out the third time, then she would use Great Adept Seize to grab his arm. But Aman leapt forward, and shielded Su Pu, crying out, Dont harm him! When Chen Dahai saw that Amans beautiful face was full of anxiety, his heart skipped a beat. He did not send his sword out a third time, but pointed his tip at her chest, and laughed, Youre so concerned about him; is this lad your lover? Aman blushed slightly and nodded her head. Chen Dahai said, Fine, Ill spare his life if you want me to. But once the hailstorm dies down tomorrow, youll have to leave with me! Su Pu was greatly angered. With a tremendous roar, he leapt forward from behind Aman. With a flick of his sword, Chen Dahai had pointed it at Su Pus throat. Chen Dahais left foot kicked Su Pus leg, and the latter crashed to the ground. The long sword was still pointed at his throat.

Li Wenxiu stood at the side, watching intently. As soon as Chen Dahai truly intended to harm Su Pu, she would step in and save him. At this time, with her martial arts skills, dealing with Chen Dahai would be as easy as a flip of the palm.

But how could Aman have known that help was at hand? As the circumstances were pressing, she could only say, Dont hurt him; Ill agree to your request. Chen Dahai was jubilant, but did not move his sword away. He said, Youve agreed to leave with me tomorrow, and youd better not go back on your promise. Aman gritted her teeth, I wont go back on my promise; you can take the sword away. Chen Dahai laughed uproariously, and said, Even if you do go back on your word, you wont be able to escape! He then placed his sword back in its sheath, then picked Su Pus sabre up, and held it tightly in his hand. In this manner, the only person in the cottage with weapons was him, and he did not need to fear that they would resist him. He looked out of the window and said, We cant leave at this moment, so well have to wait until the weathers fine to exhume the grave.

Aman helped Su Pu to one side. When she saw that his neck was bleeding profusely, she was in a flurry. She was about to tear off a piece of her clothes to bandage his wound when he removed a large handkerchief from his bosom, and said, Use this handkerchief to bandage my wound then! Aman received the handkerchief, and bandaged his wound properly. When she thought that she had landed in the clutches of this strong opponent, and did not know if she would have to opportunity to escape, she began to weep. In a low voice, Su Pu cursed, Damnable bandit, damnable bandit! He decided that if this bandit really tried to take Aman away, he would fight it out with him even at the risk of losing his life.

After the fight just now, the five people sitting around the fire felt extremely nervous. In one hand, Chen Dahai held the sabre; in the other, a bowl of wine. He would glance at Aman, then Su Pu from time to time. Outside the house, the northerly winds howled angrily, bringing up pieces of snow which hit the walls and roof of the cottage. Nobody spoke a word.

Li Wenxiu thought, Ill let this evil bandit have the time of his life first; theres no hurry to kill him. Suddenly, one of the pieces of firewood in the fire exploded with a resounding clap. The flame diminished slightly, then shone brilliantly, illuminating each persons expression clearly. Li Wenxiu saw the handkerchief bound around Su Pus neck, and her heart trembled, and stared at it without blinking. Old man Ji spotted the strange light in her eyes, and also glanced at that handkerchief several times. He asked, Where did you get that handkerchief from, Su Pu? Su Pu was taken aback momentarily, then touched his neck, and said, Are you talking about this one? It was given to me by that Axiu who has since died. When we were young, we used to herd sheep together. There was a big grey wolf which came to attack us. I killed that wolf but also got bitten by it. Axiu used this handkerchief to bandage my wounds When Li Wenxiu heard these words, her vision became blurry. Her eyes had by then filled with tears.
    Last edited by junzi; 06-11-04 at 01:04 PM.

Hope everyone is fine these days.

Not sure how to translate 'Da Qin Na Shou' so I translated it as 'Great Adept Seize'. If anyone has a better translation please do tell me.

Hope you enjoyed the latest translation!

thx for the update
    Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.

Thumbs up

Thank you for your update, junzi. I am still faithfully following your translation. Ah, this story is quite sad. Actually A'man is not as irritating as before and seems like a nice girl. Su Pu seems to still hold strong feelings for his childhood friend, Wenxiu. A'man earns points for being so gracious and not throwing a jealous fit whenever he mentions his past with Wenxiu. Wenxiu and Su Pu would have made a lovely couple, but I guess some things are just not meant to be. It is really a shame that this story does not give Wenxiu another young man to love and cherish. Perhaps Jin Yong wanted to emphasize that our heroine does not need the love of a man to survive. Still... it would be nice to have a handsome, dashing gentleman for Wenxiu. I am looking forward to your next update! How far along are you? Almost to the finish line?

:sign: Fate! Su Pu is such a nice guy and he would suit any girl (expect Mie Jue Shi Tai and co)! Too bad he doesn't know who Li Wen Xiu is even though she is in the same room as him. But he is a good friend, a good son and a good husband. About too innocent, but nice.

But I still like Old Man Ji more! So caring, so knowledgeable and kind!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by junzi
    By this time, Su Pu had inherited all of his father’s skills, the steps of his swordplay permutated continuously, and his strokes were fierce and powerful. At the beginning, Chen Dahai was on the losing end, and was secretly shocked, “Who would have thought that the martial arts skills of this Kazak lad are on par with the excellent pugilists from the Central Plains?”

[ 便在_时,背後风声微响,一柄小剑 了过来,却是阿曼忽施偷_。陈达海 右一让避开,嗤的一声 响,左臂已被苏普的_刀划了一道口_ 。陈达海大怒,刷刷刷连刺三剑,使 他成名绝技 「青蟒剑法」来。]

Su Pu saw the tip of the sword sparkle as it moved exactly like a spitting python. He did not know which part of his body the tip of the sword was going to pierce. He was unable to block off a blow, and his enemy sent his long sword right into his face. He hurriedly cocked his head to one side, but the side of his neck was still stabbed. Blood flowed profusely. Chen Dahai did not retreat once he had gained the upper hand. Another thrust of his sword, and he had stabbed Su Pu’s wrist. His sabre fell to the ground with a crash.

Encoding: UTF-8

Thx a lot for the translation Junzi, but I think you forgot to paste the bracketed part.

Default wow

I LOVE this story! I read it way back when, but I'm not very good at reading Chinese. I tried to explain the storyline to my sister and she's like, "huh?" Now she can read it herself! Thanks a lot for the translation, Junzi! I can't wait til you get to the end. (sobs) But it's getting up to the good part, when Wen Xiu gets to demonstrate her skills. I love Old Man Ji, too!

Junzi,

Thanks for the translation update. I hope read some more soon. No rush though, you just stopped at a suspenceful part. Oh why couldn't you just go on? Just kidding. Good job!

I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yup I've added the missing part. I'd forgotten to translate it.

Everyone seems to adore old man Ji!

I'm halfway through the story.

Enjoy the latest instalment!

Old man Ji walked into the inner rooms, and took out a piece of white cloth. He handed it to Su Pu, saying, Please untie the handkerchief and let me look at it closely; you can use this piece of cloth to bandage your wound. Su Pu asked, Why? While old man Ji was speaking, Chen Dahai kept staring at the handkerchief tied around Su Pus neck. Suddenly, he got up, sabre pointed, and shouted, Do as youre told! Su Pu glared at him, refusing to move. Aman feared that Chen Dahai might use force, so she untied it for Su Pu, and gave it to old man Ji. Then she used the piece of white cloth to bandage his wound.

Old man Ji placed the blood-stained handkerchief on the table. He lit an oil lamp, and bent over to scrutinize the handkerchief. Chen Dahai stared at it for a while, then cried joyfully, Yes, yes, this is the map of the Gao Chang Labyrinth! He stretched his hand out and grabbed it, laughing heartily, over the moon in happiness.

Old man Jis right arm twitched, as if he wanted to snatch it back, but finally managed to restrain himself.

Then they heard someone call from far away, Su Pu, Su Pu Then someone else called out loudly, Aman, Aman Su Pu and Aman leapt up together, crying in unison, Father is looking for us. Su Pu rushed to the door and was about to open it when he felt a sudden coolness at the back of his neck. A long sword was next to his neck. Coldly, Chen Dahai said, Sit down and dont move! Su Pu had no choice but to sit down dejectedly.

After a while, the two peoples footsteps approached the entrance. They heard Su Luke say, Is this that thieving Hans home? Im not going inside. Che Erku answered, Not going inside? Where will we seek shelter from the blizzard then? My ears and nose are so frozen that they might drop off. Su Luke was holding a gourd of wine, and had been drinking along the way to drive away the coldness. By this time he was almost drunk, and muttered, Id rather lose my head to frostbite than enter a Hans home! Che Erku said, You can stay outside and freeze to death in the blizzard then. Im going in. Su Luke answered, We havent found my son or your daughter, so how can we seek shelter in a Hans home? You you dont have an ounce of heroism. Che Erku said, We didnt see any sign of them on the way here; they mustve sought shelter somewhere, so theres no need to worry about them. The two old ones might just freeze to death even before the two young ones are found.

Su Pu saw Chen Dahai hide by the door, his sword drawn. As soon as someone entered, he would immediately stab that someone. The situation was extremely precarious, so he cried, Dont come in! Chen Dahai glared at him and shouted, If you make any more noise, Ill kill you immediately. Su Pu knew his father was in a dangerous situation, so he grabbed a stool and threw himself towards Chen Dahai. Chen Dahai turned his body to avoid the blow. With a swish, his sword pierced Su Pus leg. Su Pu yelled loudly, and fell over onto the ground. He was quick and agile; afraid that his enemy would deliver another blow, he quickly rolled over, covering quite a distance. Chen Dahai did not pursue him, but continued to guard by the door with his drawn sword, thinking, I can easily settle this Kazak lad in the twinkling of an eye, so Ill let him live a little longer. But I must quickly defeat the two people outside.

They heard Su Luke speaking loudly outside, If you enter that damnable Hans home, Ill hit you! As he spoke, his fist hit Che Erkus chest. Normally, if he was dealt a heavy blow by Su Luke, he would not retaliate as he knew Su Luke was a drunken man. But this time, the wine in his stomach also gushed upwards, and he stretched his leg out to catch Su Luke leg. Su Luke was already in an unstable position, so he stumbled, and immediately fell down. But he took advantage of his fall to cling to Che Erkus leg. The two men fought each other, rolling about in the snow.

Suddenly, Su Luke grabbed a handful of snow from the ground and stuffed it into Che Erku;s mouth. Cher Erku scratched and scrabbled madly, while Su Luke was so amused that he laughed heartily. Che Erku spat out the snow. With a resounding punch, he caused Su Lukes nose to bleed profusely. Su Luke did not even feel any pain, and continued to laugh, but grabbed hold of Che Erkus hair, refusing to let go. Both men were Kazak warriors, their names known for a thousand li around, but when they fought each other in a drunken state, they were exactly like naughty children fighting.

Su Pu and Aman were extremely anxious. They both hoped Su Luke would win, for then he could stop Che Erku from entering. They heard a never-ending volley of crashes and knocks coming from outside. You hit me, I hit you; they laughed and scolded, full of drunken words. Suddenly, the wooden door flew open with a rumbling crash. The icy wind blew snow into the house; then Su Luke and Che Erku who were hugging each other, also rolled into the cottage. The sudden opening of the door trapped Chen Dahai behind it, preventing him from dealing his blow. Su Luke and Che Erku continued to fight even though they had entered the cottage.
    Last edited by junzi; 06-12-04 at 02:00 PM.

ooo another update. thx junzi!
    Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.

hey.....post more...this is getting very interesting......I really want to know what happens next....Your writing is very good...
    Last edited by khang_gurl; 06-09-04 at 06:41 PM.

Glad you're back with an update, junzi

(sorry, typed a message in the wrong forum)
    Last edited by junzi; 06-13-04 at 11:01 PM.

question? when I are you going to post again? Can't wait any long.....my friends are asking me about the continuation to the story and I'm like I don't know..Junzi never post again....so please hurry up.......