Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: (ROCH) Gwok Jing vs. Cheung Mo Gei

OT Question: when JMZ executed some of 72 Shaolin Techniques, he did not really copy them. Rather, he mimicking the techniques. Am I right?

Yeah, he didn't just copied it like what ZWJ did with the dragon claw. He mimicked them with Taoist internal energy.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

yea, JMZ did it better job at copying although not the real thing.

Originally posted by superboy
    I think Dragon claw is one of the 72 arts. I think JMZ even used it while fighting XZ. It's not really that special to me.
    He didn't.

Not sure about the Dragon Claws being one of the 72 arts, but it surely wasn't the best... The top of those 72 arts (as described in DGSD) all had two parts: the external techniques and the internal inner energy cultivation. JMZ (and MRB and XYS) could only copy the external techniques and didn't quite understand the internal part hence they all got serious internal injuries.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

GJ vs ZWJ

Well, if Wuji has trouble defeating weaker opponents, and Guo Jing can take on tougher opponents, then the latter will prevail

ZWJ only had problems with weaker opponents fighting in a formation.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

is 9 yin the most pwerful martial art?

It's probably the most advance and comprehensive manual in the Condor Trilogy. But that doesn't mean that its technique would automaically work better than XL18Z, 1YZ etc. There are possible better manuals in DGSD, but I don't think they are as comprehensive.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

yeh 9 yin is like the ultimate packjage in 1, but if u mix powerful stuff together then 9 yin might not be so good. But i would say i would rather 9 yin over 9 yang. But if we include dgsd kungfu's i'll rather bei ming over them two.

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Yang Guo - Huodu was more experienced than him, had stronger internal power, received better training from a better teacher (Golden Wheel Monk should be a better teacher than Dragon Girl)... Huodu had everything in favour of him, but he was still defeated by Yang Guo.
    Yang guo cant defeat him Huo Du in a fair fight, Huo du had much higher internal + yang guo's mastery of dog beating staff wasnt complete. He would've been seriously injured if Huang Rong didnt give him pointers in the first fight. After he switched to ancient tomb skills, he was losing. only reason he won was cus he cheated. same goes for the fight with da erba. his mongolian babbling confused him thats y he could hypnotise him(again with help from huang rong). but still, yang guo performed well in those battles, he used his wits and speed to his advantage even thou he cheated.

and i totally agree that Zhang Wuji sucks as a fighter. he lacks the insticts and killing intent. guys too much of a pacifist and makes crappy decisions in combat. If u put someone like Qiaofeng in his fights he would just own everyone with founders fist

Zhang San Feng would own GJ in 1 stroke.... Oops sorry thought it was z3f

Quote Originally Posted by JusTea242
    Zhang San Feng would own GJ in 1 stroke.... Oops sorry thought it was z3f
    By his own estimation, Cheung 3 Fung at the age of 100 did not believe he had quite reached the level that he remembered Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor had attained when he met them some eighty-eight years earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    ZWJ only had problems with weaker opponents fighting in a formation.
    GJ had no trouble fighting a huge army of decent fighters in a formation =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    By his own estimation, Cheung 3 Fung at the age of 100 did not believe he had quite reached the level that he remembered Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor had attained when he met them some eighty-eight years earlier.
    Z3f is underestimating himself then?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    GJ had no trouble fighting a huge army of decent fighters in a formation =)
    Well, one kind of formation anyway, in which he himself was conversant and whose weaknesses he had previously identified.

Quote Originally Posted by JusTea242
    Z3f is underestimating himself then?
    Cheung 3 Fung was quite a keen observer of all things martial arts, so if he judged himself to be slightly short of the level previously attained by Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor, I'm inclined to believe him. Moreover, Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor reached that level at a younger age than did Cheung 3 Fung...fifties and thirties as opposed to Cheung's one-hundred. Cheung Mo Gei reached it even earlier (in his twenties).

Of course, balancing that out is the fact that none of the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY lead heroes founded a profound school of martial arts and Taoism such as the Mo Dong Sect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Cheung 3 Fung was quite a keen observer of all things martial arts, so if he judged himself to be slightly short of the level previously attained by Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor, I'm inclined to believe him. Moreover, Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor reached that level at a younger age than did Cheung 3 Fung...fifties and thirties as opposed to Cheung's one-hundred. Cheung Mo Gei reached it even earlier (in his twenties).

Of course, balancing that out is the fact that none of the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY lead heroes founded a profound school of martial arts and Taoism such as the Mo Dong Sect.
    guess you are right then,but i think that z3f is still superior in any sense for defeating a XM elder in 1 stroke,like XF against a Xuan Monk.

Even though while being in the nameless island with Zhiruo, Zhang Wuji related Zhang Sanfeng's thought to her that Z3F was not so sure if his martial art had reached Guo Jing's level or not (only Guo Jing's name mentioned here), Zhang Sanfeng's internal energy at least = the other Greats.
    Since when Wuji used his 9 Yang energy to cure Z3F's injury, Z3F saw that Wuji's internal energy = that of GJ, Jue Yuan and the other Greats but still slightly inferior to his himself.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 03-10-07 at 05:57 AM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Xiao Feng's killing instinct was so great that he ended up killing the woman he loved. Xiao Feng's greatest strengths were also his greatest faults and weaknesses as a human being. People seem to overlook that.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 03-10-07 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Xiao Feng's killing instinct was so great that he ended up killing the woman he loved. Xiao Feng's greatest strengths were also his greatest faults and weaknesses as a human being. People seem to overlook that.
    Say, Dennis: what's this remark doing in this thread?