Thread: Whatever happens in the book 2 of X11L?

Default Whatever happens in the book 2 of X11L?

I read Becky's translations and her notes, and unfortunately, she doesn't remember what happens in the 2nd book. Who knows what happens? Whom does X11L eventually end up with? How does he kill or not kill Count carefree? What about Li Chiambi? He's supposed to be a bad guy, so what does he do?

So many questions...

BTW, damn fine book and too bad Becky stopped the translation. I was growing to like X11L, much better than other GL characters.

Becky didn't stop translating. I think some company is paying her to translate the book so she had to stop letting people read it.

From what I've heard X11L doesn't end up with any girl. It is suggested that they both(of the girls) died. Some one with the book can elaborate.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Default Re: Whatever happens in the book 2 of X11L?

***SPOILERS***

Originally posted by Battosai
    I read Becky's translations and her notes, and unfortunately, she doesn't remember what happens in the 2nd book. Who knows what happens? Whom does X11L eventually end up with?
    Nobody.

How does he kill or not kill Count carefree?
    Lucked out in a major way when the Count got distracted and ended up falling down a cliff.

What about Li Chiambi? He's supposed to be a bad guy, so what does he do?
    He finished off the Count in his weakened state (see above). Using secrets he extorted from the Count, he took over the operation and became the major villain of Book 2.

How close to the book is TVB's treasure raiders?

I don't think that the two girls died.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Do TVB always seem to be making very unfaithful adaptationd of GL's novels? They seems to portray the stories of JY's more accordingly to the original plot despite some minor changes.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Wasn't it implied at the end that the 2 girls died or something? Well, it didn't really say much about the girls if I remember...
    Last edited by JigSta; 11-27-03 at 12:10 AM.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

During the middle-end of the second volume of X11L, X11L left a note to Feng SiNiang that "we may see each other again, we may not...etc" the basic message of which is "I'm off to my fight to death, I'll probably die and never see you again, but don't worry because everyone dies".

In the end, Shen BiJun and Feng SiNiang are kidnapped, and X11L is delivered this note (implicitly from F4N) so there is an expectation that the girls are dead.

Also the ultimate ending phrase literally says that 'although every *must* live (for X11L), is there anyone in the world who can remain alive forever"?

Sad, sad.....

Quote Originally Posted by luna_rainbow
    During the middle-end of the second volume of X11L, X11L left a note to Feng SiNiang that "we may see each other again, we may not...etc" the basic message of which is "I'm off to my fight to death, I'll probably die and never see you again, but don't worry because everyone dies".

In the end, Shen BiJun and Feng SiNiang are kidnapped, and X11L is delivered this note (implicitly from F4N) so there is an expectation that the girls are dead.

Also the ultimate ending phrase literally says that 'although every *must* live (for X11L), is there anyone in the world who can remain alive forever"?
    wait... the 2 girls weren't kidnapped were they? They were saved and wasn't the guy who saved them a good guy that owes a debt to ShenBiJun?
    X11L already thought Shen bijun is dead after she jumped into the water. though she was saved.
    F4N isn't the type that would use suicide as a way out. X11L may "expect" F4N to die as a result of that letter, but does that really mean F4N went and suicided?

Btw, this was found on page 93 of this sections
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗