Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 5 greats

i think which technique u use is not as important as how u use the technique....

but if 1 deng can counter toad kung fu, ou yang feng still tied him. but 1deng did tie the other two greats...does it mean ou yang feng beat the other two greats since his toad kung fu is no longer at a disadvantage? no!

Yes, it is how you use the technique that is the most important, but without the Toad Stance, you don't have it to use at all. And throughout LOCH and ROCH, OYF had never fought 1D before. If it is at the first Hua tournament, then I don't know too much. But they didn't complete their training of their signiture techniques that time.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Given time, I think OYF would be able to circumvent the weakness in the Toad Stance.

But he still haven't after decades of practicing .
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by philip
    i think which technique u use is not as important as how u use the technique....

but if 1 deng can counter toad kung fu, ou yang feng still tied him. but 1deng did tie the other two greats...does it mean ou yang feng beat the other two greats since his toad kung fu is no longer at a disadvantage? no!
    actually it depend both on how to use the technique and also the technique itself. That is why the great was fighting for the 9 Yin Manual for better techniques. But this doesn't mean 1 Deng can beat Ou Yang Feng because the how to use outweigh the technique itself.

Originally posted by superboy
    Yes, it is how you use the technique that is the most important, but without the Toad Stance, you don't have it to use at all. And throughout LOCH and ROCH, OYF had never fought 1D before. If it is at the first Hua tournament, then I don't know too much. But they didn't complete their training of their signiture techniques that time.
    that is because he haven't learn Xian Tian Gong of WCY. And I don't consider this is a inner cultivation; it is some kind of technique with the use of inner power. It didn't specific it in the book.

Also it depend on how the 1YZ was meant to counter the Toad Stance. Like is it internal wise or in techniques.

Like the Anicent Tomb Sect created technique to counter technique of the QZ only. There were some to counter internal method of QZ but it is wasn't good because it is harder to counter internal energy then techniques. That is why when fighting with an elite QZ with great internal power. The Anicent Tomb Sect might not win.

Either way, chances are 1D got a better chance of winning, although it is not for certain.

better chang does not equal winning though...i'll take zbt's word that they tied

When in the novel did ZBT said that? ZBT's word are sometime not very believable considering him actually saying WCY can beat GLFW within 10 stance, which would probably be impossible. Anyway, better chance mean better chance. So at least it seems that he will likely to be able to defeat OYF in an all out fight.

okay, ou yang feng had proved any wincy bit lower than 1 deng at the hua shan tournament, hong 7 gong would've busted it right out in ou yang feng's face, seeing how he hates the guy'z guts.

We don't even know what happened at the first tournament. All we know is that it took 7 days and WCY won. It's not that 1D is any better of an martial artist than OYF, it's just that his advantage over his ultimate art gives him advantage. The 'level' of the 4 greats martial arts are all equal. But 1YZ would probably give 1D an advantage.

Didn't WCY only win because he was the only one with energy left? if thats true does that mean that if he fought against one of the other greats he would not physically be albe to harm the other until they collapsed from exhaustion? Even if that was true it would show how immense his inner power is since zbt's inner power was running out faster then YangGuos during there duel and he was much older then Yg.( The same way wcy was older then the greats yet out lasted them)

zbt and yang guo had different internal practice than yang guo. inner strength increases w/ age, but it does not always mean that an older person will always have more inner strength than a younger person.

I don't think ZBT has any less internal energy than YG, but as much as internal energy can give you stamina, age will eventually catch up.

didn't say zbt had any less internal energy (not in significant amounts)....just different. plus, judging from zbt's personality, he'z a pretty evanescent guy...his kung fu may reflect his personality.

Banned

Who gave them the title?