Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Florence Tan

Quote Originally Posted by HanaButa
    wow! Florence, she's married? ...how old is Florence?
    Yep. Like one or two months ago... don't really remember. She intended it to be a private matter but somehow news leaked. It's so secret and unexpected because nobody knew she's got a boyfriend! ^^;;;

As someone mentioned above, Florence is in her late twenties.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Congrats to Florence! Is her hubby also an actor or local celebrity?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Congrats to Florence! Is her hubby also an actor or local celebrity?
    Someone totally outside the circle. He's a Taiwanese who's manager at a shoe factory in China. She will be living in China with him.

Here's the article from iWeekly but it's in Chinese.

http://ch.mediacorp.com.sg/i-weekly/florencetan_432.php

And... coughcough, she's not yet married, but getting married. Me bad. ^__^
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 03-23-06 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    It's such a pity TCS doesn't promote her more. She's done really well overseas, unlike Phyllis Quek who's gotten mostly bit parts. Yet somehow Florence Tan still remains relatively low-key in Singapore.
    Mediacorp has the bad habit of replaying the old faces and burying potential new talents, which makes you wonder why they held competitions and signed the newbies up in the first place. -.-;

Florence does get enough screentime locally though. However, she never strikes me as being very popular in Singapore.

I don't really remember but is Florence abit of like Fann Wong when she first started out? I mean, the not-choosing-words-carefully type? A close friend of mine once bashed her for that.

I dont think Florence is reckless and blunt with her words, it's just tt luck wasnt on her side. I remember reading an article on her years ago where she laments that she has been given chances of acting in good roles and tt she has worked very hard bt her position has stayed stagnant as she does not seem to be popular at all. She was the dark horse who won the star search during her year bt could never be popular with the singaporean audiences. Many thought tt she would be like Jaclyene Tay, who was also a star search winner, but faded awhile before become popular...but tt did not happen. But she's lucky to be spotted by mainland/taiwanese directors for period series. I think she's more popular overseas thn at home.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    I dont think Florence is reckless and blunt with her words, it's just tt luck wasnt on her side. I remember reading an article on her years ago where she laments that she has been given chances of acting in good roles and tt she has worked very hard bt her position has stayed stagnant as she does not seem to be popular at all. She was the dark horse who won the star search during her year bt could never be popular with the singaporean audiences. Many thought tt she would be like Jaclyene Tay, who was also a star search winner, but faded awhile before become popular...but tt did not happen. But she's lucky to be spotted by mainland/taiwanese directors for period series. I think she's more popular overseas thn at home.
    That just sums it up.

Mediacorp does have a habit of tossing artistes like her to overseas when they couldn't make it big locally. Therefore, it's a most pleasant surprise when she become as popular as she is right now.

Thanks for the article link, Guo Xiang. Florence is 28 and is marrying Jack in June. Sweet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wow, she's gonna get marry. can someone post his pic?
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

Hehe, I am really happy for her success She has worked hard for her fame and deserves the recognition. Hehe, I am looking forward to the series which you guys posted pics of! Hehe, the Dragon Inn one looks cute! Hehe, her and Li Xiao Lu Cute!!

Oh wow, that is so cute! Florence is getting married? Hehe, all the best towards her and her marriage! Lol, I still have my fingers crossed to see Flroence and CCM get to cooperate once again!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah, congratulations to Florence. Hope she will live happily with her "hubby" after their marriage. Will she still continue acting after her marriage??
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arching_Hero
    Yeah, congratulations to Florence. Hope she will live happily with her "hubby" after their marriage. Will she still continue acting after her marriage??
    Yes, but her productions will be reasonably lesser than before.

I'm from singapore and honestly, i didn't notice Florence Tan until she appeared in HSDS 2003. She was pretty good inside. Not much of her fan but i'll have to say she she's good at acting.

Quote Originally Posted by *aLySsA4eVa*
    I'm from singapore and honestly, i didn't notice Florence Tan until she appeared in HSDS 2003. She was pretty good inside. Not much of her fan but i'll have to say she she's good at acting.
    I think her acting skills are a lot better now than when she was mostly in Mediacorp productions. Her eyes are more lively and her facial expressions and acting are more versatile and natural than before.

I think she's the sweetest-looking Mediacorp star.

Default Watch her series with Chew Chor Meng

http://www.56.com/u42/v_MjM2NzA1MzU.html (website to watch this series, but I don't know why I can't find the episode after 20.
    http://www.mediacorpsingapore.com/cgi-bin/top.asp?ref=/004_tv/what'snew/2000/20000704_1.htm
    Starring:Chew Chor Meng & Florence Tan!
    If you guys know any further websites for me to watch this complete series, please let me know..I really wanna know what happens after eps 20..Thanks
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

sometimes winning does not really pay off...i would love to see florence more in the future, i think she is a talented actress

Quote Originally Posted by tikklles_hlub View Post
    sometimes winning does not really pay off...i would love to see florence more in the future, i think she is a talented actress
    I agree! I see many actors and actresses who are really getting so much attention on, but seriously are they all that good? I have always liked Florence Tan as an actress since I first saw her from "Immortal Love-1997" with Chew Chor Meng! (Hope they can unite soon.Miss seeing them so much).Anyway, I hope she'll keep making series for us to watch ..By the way, I found a site that has a lot of her pics...http://dienanh.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22597
    I hope to meet more fans here and elsewhere!
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan