Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jimmy Lin (林志穎) - Page 501

Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

  1. #10001
    Senior Member december_snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by relive View Post
    Kimi grows up very fast.

    Dad & Son...................Jimmy & Kimi
    i feel so jealous...
    Be Busy like Jimmy!

  2. #10002
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by relive View Post
    Kimi grows up very fast.



    This could be his private yatch.

    This is not his yacht. He was on the set of If I Were You.

  3. #10003
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by december_snow View Post
    i'm in Mumbai now, university exam's just finished so i guess we'll have a break for some time...i'm planning to take a leave to Dubai for a few weeks also, but not sure...and if possible i'll be in US in next summer...for that time i want to meet all of you guys there...

    btw, can u guys do me a favor, i want to download all his mv in [HD] i searched but no good...
    Oh. i got u mixed up with someone else who's coming to the US for school. haven't heard from her since she came.

    Dubai is a name i only hear in the news. never to that part of the world. must be wonderful being able to travel all over. one nice thing about this forum is we get to meet fans from all over the world.

    I have some of his old MVs but most of them are not in HD.

    I was super busy yesterday. I saw this yesterday in jimmy's microblog and found it touching. It's his birthday wish to his son.

    http://t.sina.com.cn/dreamerjimmy
    給寶貝兒子的一封信,轉眼間你滿一歲了!有了你是把拔這生中最美好的事,看著你會坐會爬再跌跌撞撞的到會走 ,能陪著你走過人生的每一個腳步是把拔的心願, 有時候看著你用彎彎的月亮眼睛對我笑我想天使大概就是這樣子了吧!你是把拔的驕傲,生日沒法看 到你 但你天使的笑容就是最好的禮物願你平安長大

    "A letter to My Precious Son. You are one year old already! You are the most wonderful thing in daddy's life. Seeing you learn to sit, to crawl, then struggle to walk. To be able to walk with you down every step of life is daddy's wish. When I see you smile at me with your moon-shaped eyes I think angels must be like this! You are daddy's pride. Can't see you on my birthday but your angelic smile is my best gift. Wish that you grow up safe."

  4. #10004
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    vivi, i ul'ed the theme songs of Single Princesses for you. Someone recorded them from tv. quality is not very good. i think they'll be in his EP.

    Color
    http://www.mediafire.com/?iebe19pq76z5nbx

    You Are the One
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4607wik86vu1376
    Last edited by ladycoco; 10-16-10 at 11:23 AM.

  5. #10005
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    If I Were You press conf on 2010-10-15
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0vVKc17GUg

    also a glimpse of the movie. he acts like a woman

  6. #10006
    Senior Member december_snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    Oh. i got u mixed up with someone else who's coming to the US for school. haven't heard from her since she came.

    Dubai is a name i only hear in the news. never to that part of the world. must be wonderful being able to travel all over. one nice thing about this forum is we get to meet fans from all over the world.

    I have some of his old MVs but most of them are not in HD.

    I was super busy yesterday. I saw this yesterday in jimmy's microblog and found it touching. It's his birthday wish to his son.

    http://t.sina.com.cn/dreamerjimmy
    給寶貝兒子的一封信,轉眼間你滿一歲了!有了你是把拔這生中最美好的事,看著你會坐會爬再跌跌撞撞的到會走 ,能陪著你走過人生的每一個腳步是把拔的心願, 有時候看著你用彎彎的月亮眼睛對我笑我想天使大概就是這樣子了吧!你是把拔的驕傲,生日沒法看 到你 但你天使的笑容就是最好的禮物願你平安長大

    "A letter to My Precious Son. You are one year old already! You are the most wonderful thing in daddy's life. Seeing you learn to sit, to crawl, then struggle to walk. To be able to walk with you down every step of life is daddy's wish. When I see you smile at me with your moon-shaped eyes I think angels must be like this! You are daddy's pride. Can't see you on my birthday but your angelic smile is my best gift. Wish that you grow up safe."
    traveling around, it felt so good in the beginning, bein' able to visit many different places but it really not worth to go back to home...in the end our home is the place we belong to...

    so can u send or upload me the mvs that u have?...oh tnx for the color and u r the one...nice songs...i also liked color more than u r the 1...it felt so great and brought back the memories...i've just realized that i missed his voice so much...

    what he write for kimi is so touching that i almost cry, it must be the feeling that everyone talk abt when we all have baby...
    Be Busy like Jimmy!

  7. #10007
    Senior Member relive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,065

    Default

    "Ghost" China version

    Love Jimmy and Jiang Xin, Support TAE

  8. #10008
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    2 more stills from If I Were You.



  9. #10009
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    decmeber_snow, i ul'ed the MVs I have to a folder in mediafire. I'm not sure if you can open it. Let me know. There are 28 files. Some of quite big.

    Enjoy!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kubsjgt42bbob

  10. #10010
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    vivi, i ul'ed the theme songs of Single Princesses for you. Someone recorded them from tv. quality is not very good. i think they'll be in his EP.

    Color
    http://www.mediafire.com/?iebe19pq76z5nbx

    You Are the One
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4607wik86vu1376
    oh, thank you coco! I will d/l them tonight!

    Don't know why, but I can't log onto spcnet the past weekend. Maybe it's cuz' I'm not feeling well so the internet is not feeling well too?
    vivi

  11. #10011
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by relive View Post
    Kimi grows up very fast.


    Kimi is too cute! Just want to squeeze his little cubby arms!
    vivi

  12. #10012
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    2 more stills from If I Were You.

    JL looked so gay, can't wait to see him in this "new" role. I think it will be interesting!
    vivi

  13. #10013
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    37

    Default

    The year that past
    Belongs to the past
    Whatever mistakes you did
    Just learn from them

    A new year is a gift
    That you have to cherish
    Learn to value your happiness
    For they are priceless

    Take time to rest
    For your body needs it
    Spend quality time with your family
    Because they miss you so much

    May the Lord shower you with blessings
    Which you also shares to others
    May he give you good health
    So your fans will see you more often

    Happy Birthday, Jimmy!

  14. #10014
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all of the information that you've provided on this forum about Jimmy. I'm actually an old fan of JL, who moved on to watching other idols after he went to the army, and just recently fell in love with him (his role) again from watching "My Lucky Star". After watching MLS, I'm now addicted to looking at his pics, watching him on past variety shows and MVs, listening to his songs, and watching all of his past movies, and most recently "Single Princess & Blind Dates". From the various forums I've been to, this and his Weibo "twitter" site seems to be the best places to get the most updates about him. So thanks so much for all of your contributions to this forum. Hopefully, I can lend a hand in making some contributions in the future.

  15. #10015
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    PippoGirl, welcome to the forum. A lot of old fans re-discovered him after MLS. He is returning to showbiz in full force after so many yrs of racing. We have 2 new movies, 1 series and an EP to look forward to next yr. The one I want to see most is the remake of My Girl. It's one of my favorite series. i want to see how he portraits Gongchan. Hopeful it's as good as MLS.

    We do need translators to translate his news. Hope you can help.

  16. #10016
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Default Please Be Fair to Jimmy...

    With no intentions to spark any arguments, nor to offend anyone on here, I just want to share my thoughts after reading some of the older conversations on this forum about the various criticisms on Jimmy Lin (as well as other idols such as Andy Lau, etc.) for lying about his marriage/personal life. I really feel that we need to remind ourselves why we like these stars, and what they claim to be, or what they intend to sell to their audiences, in order to be fair to the celebrities and to ourselves before we condemn them.

    Originally back in the early 1990s, I liked JL because of his looks (cuteness) and that was enough for me to spend money on buying his CDs, Yes! Idol cards, and magazines (its pretty silly thinking back on it now, huh?). Even though we all have dreams and fantasies of having the chance to meet him in person one day in our lifetime, I was very clear on the fact that it will never happen for me. So, the fact that hes single or married didnt matter to me at all. Then after watching MLS recently, I started looking into his profile and found out how much hes achieved over the years in his non-entertainment career and businesses. His determination, courage, and success in his professional car racing career really impresses me. His intelligence in business administration and in the IT field at such a young age really amazes me. And most importantly, I was touched by his contributions to the society/community by becoming an ambassador for many youth and government campaigns in various places, as well as his involvements in so many charity events and activities with the intentions to help those in need. Last but not least, of course his matured looks are even more attractive now than before (especially in MLS), his voice has improved as well as his acting skills. Im sure many of his fans on this forum must have shared some of these common reasons for why we love JL so much and our willingness to spend our precious time following him. I can say that Im now more into him than before, and his marriage still doesnt affect my love for him (as an idol of course, what else could it be, right?) at all. His success stories inspires me to do better in life, to improve myself, to solidify my goals and go for it, and this is whats the most important result in return for being his fans. In other words, we should look into his positive traits/success stories and use them as inspirations to do better in our own lives.

    We should remind ourselves what is Jimmy Lins occupation and what hes trying to sell to us, and to NOT get so buried into the things that he does NOT claim to be. He has called himself an artist, or actor and singer. He provides us entertainment by selling his music and movies. Have we enjoyed listening to his songs, or his voice? Have we enjoyed seeing him in movies or liked the roles he played? My answers are YES to both, so to me, he has indeed done a great job in what he claimed to do, and the customer satisfaction has been achieved.

    On the other hand, Jimmy (or even Andy Lau) has NEVER claimed to be GOD, Saints, a good person, or even a role model for anyone. He is a human being just like me and you, who needs to do whats best for himself, and sometimes makes mistakes, or is forced to do certain things he doesnt necessarily want to, and may have flaws in his daily lives. He is not perfect in everything, and Id never heard him said that he is perfect either. So, why should we feel betrayed or disappointed that he wasnt telling the truth about his personal life? I think its extremely unfair to the celebrity when fans criticize him for these issues. His personal life got nothing to do with his singing and acting. We paid (in money or time) to listen to his music, and watch his movies. We did NOT pay him to showcase his personal life as a great example for people to follow. So whatever he does in his personal life should NOT affect our affection for him as an entertainer at all. For example, I would feel ripped-off or cheated if I buy his concert tickets to watch him sing/perform, and it was discovered that he lip-sang the whole time. Now, this is an example that fans have the rights to criticize him on. [Please note that this is only an example I used, and nothing of this sort has ever happened in real life for JL]. But for his personal life, hes only obligated to be truthful to his family, and NOT us (fans). Even if hes not truthful to them, only his family have the rights to criticize him, and again NOT us (fans).

    Im really hoping that his true fans can understand these points that Im trying to depict here, and NOT to continue holding any negative feelings towards Jimmy for these non-related and unimportant news (which were purposely used as marketing strategies by newspaper and magazine companies anyways). Remember what Jimmy keeps saying is his secret recipe for looking young? He said, its to maintain a happy and joyful feeling all the time, and he indeed does this well with his adorable smiles which lighten up my days. So, if we can just shake off all those nonsense news about JL and focus on what hes here for, Im sure we will all have less wrinkles and aging signs on our faces.

    Sorry for the long message, but I just had to let it out of my systemha ha

  17. #10017
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    PippoGirl,
    I read every word you wrote and wholeheartedly agree. Im a new fan compared to you guys and I became a fan for the same reason. Have to admit that it was his good looks that attracted me first. Then I researched on him and found out hes also a pro car racer. That really got me hooked. What I like in him is his determination against all odds to become a car racer. When his career hit rock bottom after the army he didnt live in his past glory and wallow in self-pity. Instead he turned to his childhood dream of becoming a car racer. His family tried to stop him. The media ridiculed him. The public mocked him for being a rich playboy who had nothing better to do. He proved himself with 13 yrs of his life and a broken foot. Now even the Taiwanese media call him a pro car racer. He owns a racing company and his own racing team. This is what makes him attractive to me, not his marital status. I also like his cheery disposition, work hard and play hard. But to some people thats immaturity. Hes the boy who refuses to grow up.

    JL is a very private person. He doesnt talk about his relationships. He has said more than once that he wants to keep that little part of his life private. He's very protective of his gf/wife. If you could only read the vicious attacks from his ex-fans against his wife. They dumped him because they don't like her. And also its the rule of the game. Idols dont have girlfriends to keep the fantasy alive.

    This happened to me last week. A co-worker really screwed up and we were all talking about it. Our manager told us to stop and said, Whens the last time you were perfect. That really struck a nerve.

    Just be prepared for the negative comments. Anti-fans are lurking in the background.

  18. #10018
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    With no intentions to spark any arguments, nor to offend anyone on here, I just want to share my thoughts after reading some of the older conversations on this forum about the various criticisms on Jimmy Lin (as well as other idols such as Andy Lau, etc.) for lying about his marriage/personal life. I really feel that we need to remind ourselves why we like these stars, and what they claim to be, or what they intend to sell to their audiences, in order to be fair to the celebrities and to ourselves before we condemn them.

    Originally back in the early 1990s, I liked JL because of his looks (cuteness) and that was enough for me to spend money on buying his CDs, Yes! Idol cards, and magazines (its pretty silly thinking back on it now, huh?). Even though we all have dreams and fantasies of having the chance to meet him in person one day in our lifetime, I was very clear on the fact that it will never happen for me. So, the fact that hes single or married didnt matter to me at all. Then after watching MLS recently, I started looking into his profile and found out how much hes achieved over the years in his non-entertainment career and businesses. His determination, courage, and success in his professional car racing career really impresses me. His intelligence in business administration and in the IT field at such a young age really amazes me. And most importantly, I was touched by his contributions to the society/community by becoming an ambassador for many youth and government campaigns in various places, as well as his involvements in so many charity events and activities with the intentions to help those in need. Last but not least, of course his matured looks are even more attractive now than before (especially in MLS), his voice has improved as well as his acting skills. Im sure many of his fans on this forum must have shared some of these common reasons for why we love JL so much and our willingness to spend our precious time following him. I can say that Im now more into him than before, and his marriage still doesnt affect my love for him (as an idol of course, what else could it be, right?) at all. His success stories inspires me to do better in life, to improve myself, to solidify my goals and go for it, and this is whats the most important result in return for being his fans. In other words, we should look into his positive traits/success stories and use them as inspirations to do better in our own lives.

    We should remind ourselves what is Jimmy Lins occupation and what hes trying to sell to us, and to NOT get so buried into the things that he does NOT claim to be. He has called himself an artist, or actor and singer. He provides us entertainment by selling his music and movies. Have we enjoyed listening to his songs, or his voice? Have we enjoyed seeing him in movies or liked the roles he played? My answers are YES to both, so to me, he has indeed done a great job in what he claimed to do, and the customer satisfaction has been achieved.

    On the other hand, Jimmy (or even Andy Lau) has NEVER claimed to be GOD, Saints, a good person, or even a role model for anyone. He is a human being just like me and you, who needs to do whats best for himself, and sometimes makes mistakes, or is forced to do certain things he doesnt necessarily want to, and may have flaws in his daily lives. He is not perfect in everything, and Id never heard him said that he is perfect either. So, why should we feel betrayed or disappointed that he wasnt telling the truth about his personal life? I think its extremely unfair to the celebrity when fans criticize him for these issues. His personal life got nothing to do with his singing and acting. We paid (in money or time) to listen to his music, and watch his movies. We did NOT pay him to showcase his personal life as a great example for people to follow. So whatever he does in his personal life should NOT affect our affection for him as an entertainer at all. For example, I would feel ripped-off or cheated if I buy his concert tickets to watch him sing/perform, and it was discovered that he lip-sang the whole time. Now, this is an example that fans have the rights to criticize him on. [Please note that this is only an example I used, and nothing of this sort has ever happened in real life for JL]. But for his personal life, hes only obligated to be truthful to his family, and NOT us (fans). Even if hes not truthful to them, only his family have the rights to criticize him, and again NOT us (fans).

    Im really hoping that his true fans can understand these points that Im trying to depict here, and NOT to continue holding any negative feelings towards Jimmy for these non-related and unimportant news (which were purposely used as marketing strategies by newspaper and magazine companies anyways). Remember what Jimmy keeps saying is his secret recipe for looking young? He said, its to maintain a happy and joyful feeling all the time, and he indeed does this well with his adorable smiles which lighten up my days. So, if we can just shake off all those nonsense news about JL and focus on what hes here for, Im sure we will all have less wrinkles and aging signs on our faces.

    Sorry for the long message, but I just had to let it out of my systemha ha
    Ok, I was not going to post here anymore but just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post your long message. You made some good points and I just want to say that I never once expected Jimmy to be a saint nor be perfect because he is far from it. Also, I must say that I think as a celebrity you need to be a good role model too and when you lie that much even when you are caught, that is just wrong.

    Also, through all of my years of liking him, he always promised fans that he will tell everyone when he has a girlfriend and all, but he did not in the end which disappointed many fans. He is no longer an "idol" so there is no longer a need for him to be single anymore. Most fans are over that and don't expect him to single forever. I still remember back then before he left for the army, there was a rumour about him making a girl pregnant and then forcing her to get an abortion. That was when he made this speech on his album "Huo Re De Xin". I still remember it and how "sincere" he sounded saying that he is not the type that will cheat and lie to anyone, but now look at him?? I do agree that he doesn't and should not have to reveal EVERYTHING about his personal life since I do admit that he needs at least some privacy. He just needs to be honest and that's all. I also feel that if his fans actually meant something to him then he would have given them at least that much which he did not. Through the years, he keeps on claiming that his fans are like his friends which I can see now that is was all just an act.

    By the way, you are wrong when you said that Jimmy has not lip sang before because he has. I remember once the president of his old fan club whom knew his dad and him personally said that she saw him lip sing and his real singing was very bad. She said that once a fan asked him why he only lip sung and did not sing live and Jimmy got really mad and yelled at her. He then said that he did not like to sing live and if she did not like it then just don't support him!! Jimmy's dad actually told the fan club president this and she was just so disappointed...

    When I heard about that, I actually was not disappointed at all always knew that Jimmy is NOT perfect because he just a human being just like the rest of us. I also never thought his acting was that great but still ok. I am not a blind and obsessive fan like most people are. I am also a fan of many stars so I can judge each celebrity more fairly than most people do. Also, I go for more than looks because I know that they are actors and singers, NOT models. It is generally true that their private life should not affect their singing and acting, but like I have said, they should also be good role models for their fans and the public and to lie through their teeth like that doesn't help at all. But I am over it all now... However, for the fans that really like them a lot and have supported them all these years, they think of them as friends and when a friend lies to you of course you will feel hurt and betrayed. Andy even mentioned about that and felt bad about it as well which is why many if not all fans have already forgiven him.

    I am glad that as a fan of many idols, I get inspiration from all of them and am more open minded. I have noticed that many one idol fans get so close minded and obsessive that it scares me(not implying anyone but just speaking in general).

    Anyways, that's it and I am out....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  19. #10019
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    just as i predicted...saying the same thing over and over again. isn't it getting old? Cheers!

  20. #10020
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amicable View Post
    The year that past
    Belongs to the past
    Whatever mistakes you did
    Just learn from them

    A new year is a gift
    That you have to cherish
    Learn to value your happiness
    For they are priceless

    Take time to rest
    For your body needs it
    Spend quality time with your family
    Because they miss you so much

    May the Lord shower you with blessings
    Which you also shares to others
    May he give you good health
    So your fans will see you more often

    Happy Birthday, Jimmy!
    amicable, this is a very nice poem. Did you wrote it yourself?
    vivi

Similar Threads

  1. jimmy lin lover's
    By eiselle_lin21 in forum Taiwanese TV Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-10, 10:06 AM
  2. Replies: 272
    Last Post: 11-09-10, 12:57 AM
  3. Alec Su vs. Jimmy Lin
    By L4love in forum Actors
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-15-09, 04:31 AM
  4. Shu Jian Qing Xia Liu San Bian starring Jimmy Lin
    By babybunny in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 09-28-08, 06:34 AM
  5. Cui Lin (崔林)takes the lead in Shao Lin Seng Bing (少林僧兵)
    By Chinese Lady in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-20-08, 10:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •