Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

Not much news on Jimmy's new series "Fang Yang De Xing Xing" that he is filming now. This is what I have so far.

William Lap will play Jimmy's older brother, the good son. He will guest star and only appear in 5 episodes. Anyone has heard of him? He is 30 yrs old, but he will play Jimmy's older brother. Jimmy is 32.

Jimmy will play the younger rebellious son who loves racing. He will get married and become a ruthless businessman. Has Jimmy played any rebellious role before? Really looking forward to see his rebellious and sexy look.

This is William Lap:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.blogcn.com/2006/3/9/6/atat0188,20060309115554.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gb.chinabroadcast.cn/mmsource/images/2005/03/29/eo050329956.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco
    Not much news on Jimmy's new series "Fang Yang De Xing Xing" that he is filming now. This is what I have so far.

William Lap will play Jimmy's older brother, the good son. He will guest star and only appear in 5 episodes. Anyone has heard of him? He is 30 yrs old, but he will play Jimmy's older brother. Jimmy is 32.

Jimmy will play the younger rebellious son who loves racing. He will get married and become a ruthless businessman. Has Jimmy played any rebellious role before? Really looking forward to see his rebellious and sexy look.

This is William Lap:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.blogcn.com/2006/3/9/6/atat0188,20060309115554.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gb.chinabroadcast.cn/mmsource/images/2005/03/29/eo050329956.jpg')
    William Lap is also known as Leon Williams, if I'm not mistaken. He has starred in several well received TV series like Tian Guo De Jia Yi and Green Forest, My Home. He could very well play Jimmy's older brother based on looks.

jimy has played a 'badboy' role...in wolf with ambrose hsu, its a movie. he also played the younger brother wen ambrose is 2 yrs younger than him in real life...cant blame him coz he realy looks young

Quote Originally Posted by shirineko
    William Lap is also known as Leon Williams, if I'm not mistaken. He has starred in several well received TV series like Tian Guo De Jia Yi and Green Forest, My Home. He could very well play Jimmy's older brother based on looks.
    So is he famous in Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    jimy has played a 'badboy' role...in wolf with ambrose hsu, its a movie. he also played the younger brother wen ambrose is 2 yrs younger than him in real life...cant blame him coz he realy looks young
    Straightly speaking, his role in Wolf is not rebellious. He played a professional killer. That's his "job". He followed orders. Yes, Jimmy can play anyone's younger brother.

[QUOTE=ladycoco.

So you don't like LYF? She mentions about him a lot too. The gap between them is too big, both age and distance. But they make such an adorable couple on screen. Hope to see them again.[/QUOTE

I don't have any problem with the age gap ( I mean in my dreams he would end up with me. And Í'm nearly at LYF's age). The thing is I don't like her at all.He should stick with his wifes and fans at the moment.Mayben there will be a women worthing to be with him in the future.
    Hi ya!!

Fancy Ady,adore Yang Mi, admire Jiang Xin, love Jimmy and dream about Hu Ge.
    Ruby Lin Forever!!!
    Gao Yuan Yuan is my Goddess!

[QUOTE=ann_fang][QUOTE=ladycoco.

So you don't like LYF? She mentions about him a lot too. The gap between them is too big, both age and distance. But they make such an adorable couple on screen. Hope to see them again.[/QUOTE

I don't have any problem with the age gap ( I mean in my dreams he would end up with me. And Í'm nearly at LYF's age). The thing is I don't like her at all.He should stick with his wifes and fans at the moment.Mayben there will be a women worthing to be with him in the future.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Age difference is not that big a deal. But she is not ready to settle down and he is looking for a wife. I am afraid she will break his heart if they become a couple.

I really don'f follow LYF's news to like or dislike her, but I think she is really beautiful. like a classic lady from a chinese painting.

"He should stick with his wifes and fans at the moment."
    Wifes??? How many can he have?

Quote Originally Posted by ann_fang
    I don't have any problem with the age gap ( I mean in my dreams he would end up with me. And Í'm nearly at LYF's age). The thing is I don't like her at all.He should stick with his wifes and fans at the moment.Mayben there will be a women worthing to be with him in the future.
    Haha, i guess i definitely wouldn't have a problem if i ended up with Jimmy because i'm much closer in age to him. Though i haven't hit that 3rd decade in my life yet. I think LYF is alright but i guess i don't have a particular liking for her either. When it comes to people who are around LYF's age, i'm more intrigued with Yang Mi. Hmm, that would be interesting to see the two of them act in a series together. She looks really young but somehow i'm sure they can manage to make whomever look compatible with one another. And it helps that Jimmy looks young too. But anyway, yeah, i'm confused like ladycoco. Wives???

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    Haha, i guess i definitely wouldn't have a problem if i ended up with Jimmy because i'm much closer in age to him. Though i haven't hit that 3rd decade in my life yet. I think LYF is alright but i guess i don't have a particular liking for her either. When it comes to people who are around LYF's age, i'm more intrigued with Yang Mi. Hmm, that would be interesting to see the two of them act in a series together. She looks really young but somehow i'm sure they can manage to make whomever look compatible with one another. And it helps that Jimmy looks young too. But anyway, yeah, i'm confused like ladycoco. Wives???
    Is Yang Mi in Liao Zhai too? Which character did she play?

I don't mind whoever Jimmy end up with as long as it is the girl he loves. But I think he needs someone older (than LYF) who is more independent and can take care of herself. But I love to see them on screen.

Is Yang Mi in Liao Zhai too? Which character did she play?

I don't mind whoever Jimmy end up with as long as it is the girl he loves. But I think he needs someone older (than LYF) who is more independent and can take care of herself. But I love to see them on screen.
    Yes, Yang Mi was in Liao Zhai. She was Xiao Qian in the Xiao Qian story with Hu Ge. I don't know how it would turn out but i thought it would be somewhat interesting to see, if she did happen to play opposite Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    Yes, Yang Mi was in Liao Zhai. She was Xiao Qian in the Xiao Qian story with Hu Ge. I don't know how it would turn out but i thought it would be somewhat interesting to see, if she did happen to play opposite Jimmy.

hey everyone, finally back again.. it's been awhile and I've been gone for a bit too so I was too busy to go online..

anyways, I totally agree with you. I love yang mi, I think she's got talent and she's very pretty (except I worry cuz she's gotten so skinny). But yea, she'd be interesting to watch work alongside Jimmy. as well, I'd love to see Ariel Lin play opposite Jimmy too. I just watched ISWAK and I think she's great. She's a great actress with real talent and everyone who's worked with her adores her. I think she's so cute too, what a beautiful smile.

LYF is ok. Personally, I think she's kind of overrated. I think she got famous way too early so now she's not really motivated to improve her acting or singing skills. She's kind of too polished, like, too much of her agent's puppet I think. (Sorry LYF fans!) And I think her beauty is overrated... I really liked her at first but after seeing more of her work and even her singing, I don't think she's really that great. If she continues on like this and doesn't improve, she can only make it so far. ah wellz...

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    hey everyone, finally back again.. it's been awhile and I've been gone for a bit too so I was too busy to go online..

anyways, I totally agree with you. I love yang mi, I think she's got talent and she's very pretty (except I worry cuz she's gotten so skinny). But yea, she'd be interesting to watch work alongside Jimmy. as well, I'd love to see Ariel Lin play opposite Jimmy too. I just watched ISWAK and I think she's great. She's a great actress with real talent and everyone who's worked with her adores her. I think she's so cute too, what a beautiful smile.

LYF is ok. Personally, I think she's kind of overrated. I think she got famous way too early so now she's not really motivated to improve her acting or singing skills. She's kind of too polished, like, too much of her agent's puppet I think. (Sorry LYF fans!) And I think her beauty is overrated... I really liked her at first but after seeing more of her work and even her singing, I don't think she's really that great. If she continues on like this and doesn't improve, she can only make it so far. ah wellz...
    Hey ellledubs, long time no see. Glad you're back.

No offense to her fans, but i kinda feel the same way about LYF --- that she's overrated. I think she is alright but Yang Mi is just more intriguing to me. I haven't seen Ariel Lin in anything. So what does ISWAK stand for?

Speaking of which, are there any other actresses that anyone would like to see play opposite Jimmy?

ISWAK = it started with a kiss

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    ISWAK = it started with a kiss
    thanks for the WB beanybeans!
    It Started With a Kiss... very good series.. so funny, very lighthearted. Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng are in it. It was number one in Taiwan for a very long time and super popular. You can actually catch all the episodes on youtube. I so recommend it, but wait til after finals cuz it's addictive! I started liking both Ariel and Joe after that, but more so Ariel because I really think she's got talent (tho her character was kinda annoying)

I also think Kim Tae Hee would look good opposite Jimmy (tho I don't think she's that talented). But yea, Yang Mi and Ariel for sures! Plus, weird coincidence is that Hu Ge has acted opposite of those 2 and also opposite of LYF before, so I think it's kinda like, that type of look works for Jimmy?

I find Jimmy tends to like "pretty" girls rather than "cute," like LYF and Ruby, they're more pretty than cute.. you guys know wut I mean? and he said he thought Cecilia Cheung was very pretty, and those 3 all kind of have a similar look to them I think.

So is he famous in Asia?
    I'm not really a follower of his but I think he does have quite a following. He is based in Singapore but have lived in the US for awhile so his English is way better than his Mandarin.

For those who may be wondering, jimmy's wives are his cars Coz at the moment he really doesn't have a WIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by shirineko
    For those who may be wondering, jimmy's wives are his cars Coz at the moment he really doesn't have a WIFE.
    Ohhh! His 5 wives and 2 girlfriends.
    Sorry Ann_Fang. I didn't get it the first time.

Ohhh! His 5 wives and 2 girlfriends.
    Sorry Ann_Fang. I didn't get it the first time.
    No problem, I should have mentioned that his wives are his cars and thanks shirineko.

I do agree it would be really interresting to see Jimmy and Yangmi acting together.
    But it would be grate if Jimmy and Jiang Xin act together again and this time she should be paired up with him.
    Last edited by ann_fang; 12-11-06 at 12:50 PM.
    Hi ya!!

Fancy Ady,adore Yang Mi, admire Jiang Xin, love Jimmy and dream about Hu Ge.
    Ruby Lin Forever!!!
    Gao Yuan Yuan is my Goddess!

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    thanks for the WB beanybeans!
    It Started With a Kiss... very good series.. so funny, very lighthearted. Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng are in it. It was number one in Taiwan for a very long time and super popular. You can actually catch all the episodes on youtube. I so recommend it, but wait til after finals cuz it's addictive! I started liking both Ariel and Joe after that, but more so Ariel because I really think she's got talent (tho her character was kinda annoying)

I also think Kim Tae Hee would look good opposite Jimmy (tho I don't think she's that talented). But yea, Yang Mi and Ariel for sures! Plus, weird coincidence is that Hu Ge has acted opposite of those 2 and also opposite of LYF before, so I think it's kinda like, that type of look works for Jimmy?

I find Jimmy tends to like "pretty" girls rather than "cute," like LYF and Ruby, they're more pretty than cute.. you guys know wut I mean? and he said he thought Cecilia Cheung was very pretty, and those 3 all kind of have a similar look to them I think.
    It's funny how you mentioned Joe Cheng. I came across his name the first time the other day and was wondering what series he has done. I saw an avatar with him "pretending" to kiss a girl on a show or something. It looked really funny. Such a coincidence that he did one with Ariel. So how young is she? I've never seen any of her series. I found ISWAK at d-addicts so i'll just download it from there and catch it later. It's a very good series, huh? I've been done with school for a while now so finals shouldn't be an issue. But thanks for the warning.

I remember hearing about that in terms of Cecilia. That Jimmy thought she was pretty or something. I even saw a clip of something they did together a couple of years ago. I think they were tasting food together or something and made comments on each thing they tried. Maybe that was when Jimmy first met Cecilia. Not really sure. I just remember him laughing quite a bit in it. He had a good time.

I really agree with you guys about LYF. She is way overrated!!! I personally don't hate her, but don't really like her either. Her acting and singing skills are not that great. She isn't that beautiful or pretty either.

I actually thought that Jimmy liked cuter girls since he used to go out with Ruby Lin and she is only cute at most. But hey, love is blind so you may be surprised about who he really ends up with....

I would love for Jimmy to act with Alyssa Jia, Shui Ling and Huang Yi. I think they would all have a lot of chemistry. Ok, maybe I am bias since they are some of my favorite actresses....

As for the guys, I would for him to act with Hu Ge, Ming Dao and Sam Wang. They are some of my other favorites so I would love to see Jimmy working with them.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.