Page 78 of 581 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 11608

Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    I still have yet to watch the Xiao Cui story. But i was wondering the same thing in terms of Jimmy's voice. It doesn't sound like there's a series where he uses his real voice. Is the dubbed voice for Xiao Cui even close to Jimmy's? And if not, which series uses a dubbed voice that's pretty close to Jimmy's?
    His dubbed voice in Xiao Cui is the worse I have heard so far. The guy speaks an octave higher than a normal person. It is nothing close to Jimmy's real voice, thank goodness. Maybe the producers don't pay him enough to dub his voice after filming.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco
    His dubbed voice in Xiao Cui is the worse I have heard so far. The guy speaks an octave higher than a normal person. It is nothing close to Jimmy's real voice, thank goodness. Maybe the producers don't pay him enough to dub his voice after filming.
    actually, i have to say that the dubbing in legendar sibligns II was the worst of all. it started out all right, using the same voice in legendary siblings I but around episode 13, the dubbing changed and his voice is an octave lower than a regualar voice regardless of the fact taht he plays a spunky happy person. can someon tell me if its just my version has a problem or does the voice change in every editon
    dolphin_bay

Was this taken after he lost the race. He looks sad.
    Yes, it was taken after the race finished, he looked sad.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/auto/2006-09/25/xinsrc_062090325065789965373.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/auto/2006-09/25/xinsrc_0720903250657230124714.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/auto/2006-09/25/xinsrc_1620903250834602103098.jpg')
    Love Jimmy and Jiang Xin, Support TAE

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    actually, i have to say that the dubbing in legendar sibligns II was the worst of all. it started out all right, using the same voice in legendary siblings I but around episode 13, the dubbing changed and his voice is an octave lower than a regualar voice regardless of the fact taht he plays a spunky happy person. can someon tell me if its just my version has a problem or does the voice change in every editon
    My friend also said that. His dubbing was changed after ep. 10. She said the voice was so ugly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy has now already joined a television dramatic team, developed a jewelry business, as the second master, but want to participate in F1 competition.

His new series will start fiming in November, and he expect that everybody will see it in March 2007.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060925/Img245515885.jpg')

I started watching Xiao Cui last night and normally i don't watch Chinese tv series in Chinese so i'm unaware of what some people's real voices are like. And i'm very used to listening to dubbed Viet voices. But i have to say it was a bit disappointing listening to Jimmy's dubbed voice in Mandarin. Even i would be able to guess that that's not his real voice. Definitely a higher pitched voice there. At least i didn't get to experience bad dubbing from Legendary Siblings. And let me get this straight, was Jimmy's voice in Legendary Siblings 1 or 2 badly dubbed?

Quote Originally Posted by relive

Jimmy has now already joined a television dramatic team, developed a jewelry business, as the second master, but want to participate in F1 competition.

His new series will start fiming in November, and he expect that everybody will see it in March 2007.
    Is this TV drama the one with the racing theme? What is the cast? Can't wait.

I started watching Xiao Cui last night and normally i don't watch Chinese tv series in Chinese so i'm unaware of what some people's real voices are like. And i'm very used to listening to dubbed Viet voices. But i have to say it was a bit disappointing listening to Jimmy's dubbed voice in Mandarin. Even i would be able to guess that that's not his real voice. Definitely a higher pitched voice there. At least i didn't get to experience bad dubbing from Legendary Siblings. And let me get this straight, was Jimmy's voice in Legendary Siblings 1 or 2 badly dubbed?
    When that guy screams "Xiao Cui Xiao Cui" in high-pitch...

When that guy screams "Xiao Cui Xiao Cui" in high-pitch...
    It makes me wonder whether Jimmy ever watches his series after they're released and just cringes sometimes after he hears his dubbed voice. I'm sure they all get copies of their series after they're done filming, right?

Are all of these series dubbed over because these actors and actresses can't act and sound fake but are nice enough eye candy to be put on screen? I don't think HK series are dubbed though, right? It's all the original voices unless it's someone who can only speak Mandarin and not Cantonese.

It makes me wonder whether Jimmy ever watches his series after they're released and just cringes sometimes after he hears his dubbed voice. I'm sure they all get copies of their series after they're done filming, right?

Are all of these series dubbed over because these actors and actresses can't act and sound fake but are nice enough eye candy to be put on screen? I don't think HK series are dubbed though, right? It's all the original voices unless it's someone who can only speak Mandarin and not Cantonese.
    I think it is very expensive to collect sounds during filming, especially in outdoor scenes. When a plane zooms by, a car honks, or a fan screaming "Jimmy Jimmy" they will have to retake. It is hard to control the background noises, especially in China. I am sure any filming sites attract a large crowd. Filiming is on a very tight schedule. Any overtime will cost the production dearly.

I think it is very expensive to collect sounds during filming, especially in outdoor scenes. When a plane zooms by, a car honks, or a fan screaming "Jimmy Jimmy" they will have to retake. It is hard to control the background noises, especially in China. I am sure any filming sites attract a large crowd. Filiming is on a very tight schedule. Any overtime will cost the production dearly.
    Okay, so that was my 2nd guess. That it had to do something with sound editing. And of course, not everyone has the time or the costs may be high to have everyone dub over their own voices. Well, that's reassuring that it's not just pure eye candy on screen and that they do have talent.

Is this TV drama the one with the racing theme? What is the cast? Can't wait.
    Yes, it is. The casts will be announced later.

You are right, I heard about the noisy sound during the filming. That's why they have to do dubbing.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.shangdu.com/race2006/28001/2006/09/25/images/self_20060925_128.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.shangdu.com/race2006/28001/2006/09/25/images/self_20060925_129.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.shangdu.com/race2006/28001/2006/09/25/images/self_20060925_130.jpg')
    Last edited by relive; 09-25-06 at 07:27 PM.

Okay, so that was my 2nd guess. That it had to do something with sound editing. And of course, not everyone has the time or the costs may be high to have everyone dub over their own voices. Well, that's reassuring that it's not just pure eye candy on screen and that they do have talent.
    My version of Tian Long Ba Bu has Jimmy's real voice! I could tell when I watched it... very happy to see that.

I totally agree about the Legendary Siblings 2. It was horrible when his voice changed halfway... I can't stand that.

speaking of voice, I've been listening to some of Jimmy's old school music and I noticed quite a huge improvement in his singing voice. I think he wasn't as confident before an his more recent albums his voice is lots better. When he first came out, his voice was ok but not spectacs. It's kool how he's improved so much!

hmmm, wonder if LYF is going to be in his new series since he mentioned he wanted to work with her on it................. guess we'll hafta see who's casted. November is SOON for production, they must already know by now.

Hey Jimmy fans, I kinda need your help. Do any of you know where I can get a program for my DVD player on my laptop to be zone free? I moved for school and suddenly I can't watch any of my Chinese movies or series anymore because my dvd player isn't zone free. Can someone help me? Where do I find the program for it?

Thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    Hey Jimmy fans, I kinda need your help. Do any of you know where I can get a program for my DVD player on my laptop to be zone free? I moved for school and suddenly I can't watch any of my Chinese movies or series anymore because my dvd player isn't zone free. Can someone help me? Where do I find the program for it?

Thanks so much!!!
    I watch with WINDVD or PowerDVD.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even Jimmy lost in the race, but his fans never give up and still support him.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.shangdu.com/race2006/28001/2006/09/26/images/web_20060926_229.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/1594/1594285.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/1594/1594315.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gog.com.cn/jq/images/j0603/jqck060926018.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gog.com.cn/jq/images/j0603/jqck060926019.jpg')

My version of Tian Long Ba Bu has Jimmy's real voice! I could tell when I watched it... very happy to see that.

I totally agree about the Legendary Siblings 2. It was horrible when his voice changed halfway... I can't stand that.

speaking of voice, I've been listening to some of Jimmy's old school music and I noticed quite a huge improvement in his singing voice. I think he wasn't as confident before an his more recent albums his voice is lots better. When he first came out, his voice was ok but not spectacs. It's kool how he's improved so much!

hmmm, wonder if LYF is going to be in his new series since he mentioned he wanted to work with her on it................. guess we'll hafta see who's casted. November is SOON for production, they must already know by now.
    Does your version of TLBB have both Mandarin and Cantonese? I can't really tell if it is Jimmy's real voice or not? Does he use his real voice in his movies: My Heart Will Go on, The Love Winner? I have no luck finding Lang. I agree that his singing voice has improved a lot since his teenage days. It is more powerful now.

I heard that LYF went to college in the US. Don't know if she can find the time to film a series now.

When i first heard of Jimmy and heard some of his songs, i didn't care too much for his singing. Like you, i thought his voice was average and nothing special. I guess he was just really cute-looking so they decided to see if that would sell. I mean, how did Jimmy get started in the entertainment industry in the first place? Did someone just see a cute random face and decided this will be the next big thing? Well, anyway, after becoming interested in Jimmy again, i bought his Dao Cao Ren album and i was quite impressed at how much his singing has improved. I also like his newer songs than the older ones. His voice is quite different from when he first started singing. Jimmy still looks pretty young but i think that he's a lot cuter nowadays than in his earlier years.

Does anyone happen to know where i can find the pinyin for the songs in the Jimmy F1ght album? An English translation of his Jimmy F1ght songs would be nice too. I know that Jimmy Lin Fans' Zone used to be quite updated by Janice and she would put up the pinyin and English translations for his songs/albums. But that site hasn't been updated in a while. Are there any other good updated English sites?

When i first heard of Jimmy and heard some of his songs, i didn't care too much for his singing. Like you, i thought his voice was average and nothing special. I guess he was just really cute-looking so they decided to see if that would sell. I mean, how did Jimmy get started in the entertainment industry in the first place? Did someone just see a cute random face and decided this will be the next big thing? Well, anyway, after becoming interested in Jimmy again, i bought his Dao Cao Ren album and i was quite impressed at how much his singing has improved. I also like his newer songs than the older ones. His voice is quite different from when he first started singing. Jimmy still looks pretty young but i think that he's a lot cuter nowadays than in his earlier years.
    I absoultely agree. He is so much more mature and cuter in a manly way now.

I think his manager saw his cute face then and decided to take a chance on him.

I have to agee with both of you. Jimmy really grew up maturely and his singing is now a lot better. Jimmy definitely can sing

Pictures from www.jimmylin.cc

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7721/111tv3.jpg')

It's actually true.. He was discovered at school in a play or something? I forget the details. I also heard that when he was helping do some commercial with a bunch of classmates one lady saw him and said he had one of those star faces.

I really liked Jimmy when he was younger and first started out too. Thought he was very cute. I think his best look was during Nan Ren Shi Hen hao pian de.. that's my opinion.. cuz he did have those panda bear eyes yet. I also like his look during the Qu Zhou Zhou time cuz he seemed refreshed. I wouldn't say he's cuter now (just my opinion) cuz sometimes I think he looks kinda tired and older (but who can blame the guy? He like does everything. haha)

But it's not all about looks, I like Jimmy cuz he's one of those sincere celebrities, never scandalous, never conceited, respects his family, chases his dreams and promotes positive things, etc... those celebs are hard to come by these days. He just seems like an all-around good guy.

and yes, love the voice.. so much stronger and projecting... he's gained tons of confidence in singing. It's funny cuz in one of the albums where he talks, he says it wasn't initially what he was getting into.