Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

some of them are new to me. thanks. I saved a copy to add to my collection.

i has seen a news about MLS sequel on AF
    “My Lucky Star” Sequel to Film with Confirmed Lead Actress Sun Yu Chen?
    Source: cqnews, Sina, Southcn
    Translated by: Pauli @ [COLOR=#284b72]CpopAccess[/COLOR]

Note: The following translated news article has been reported by several major mainland Chinese news outlets, but has not been picked up or confirmed by the corresponding Taiwanese media. As it stands, the contents of this article is classified as an unconfirmed rumor.

Taiwanese hit idol drama My Lucky Star (MLS) created a huge sensation when it aired back in 2007, and the show would rise to number one in viewership during its rebroadcasts. Considered the ratings champion of the 2007 Taiwanese idol drama season, the sequel to the successful idol drama began shooting several days ago.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i46.tinypic.com/2wm3rqu.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i50.tinypic.com/k0hezn.jpg')
    Sun Yu Chen: the new face (and body) of My Lucky Star sequel?

Following the huge success of MLS, the previous lead actress Yoo Hana was unable to participate in further Taiwanese drama activities due to her Korean management company’s lack of cooperation with SETTV, the original Taiwan broadcast station that helped launch Hana’s acting career. Therefore, the sequel will star newcomer actress Sun Yu Chen to take on the lead role of the rebellious Xia Zhi Xing. Yu Chen’s management company expressed that the actress is relaxed and confident on taking on the role once held by Hana, because Yu Chen has collaborated with many Taiwanese artists in the past, and has also shot quite a number of MVs as well.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i50.tinypic.com/25isxzn.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i45.tinypic.com/nlajkn.jpg')
    Left: Yoo Hana of MLS. Right: Sun Yu Chen of MLS2?

Since Yu Chen is working in a Taiwanese culture and with Taiwanese artists, communications between the cast and crew of MLS and the lead actress is much faster (compared with Yoo Hana). Yu Chen’s only small worry was regarding the language, and expressed, “I can’t speak with a Taiwanese accent. I don’t talk whiny enough, so I’m not sure if it’s okay or not?” For this part, she was having some misgivings. But on the bright side, many of friends were willing to help her privately.

Talking about being able to play the main female role of Xia Zhi Xing in MLS, Yu Chen expressed that the people she should offer her greatest thanks to is Dong Ge (a famous variety show host that had a supporting role in MLS), as well as MLS’ leading actor idol Jimmy Lin. Yu Chen had a chance to meet Dong Ge a few years ago while recording for a program, and also became acquainted with Jimmy Lin after that, so Yu Chen is already quite familiar with both entertainers. The rookie actress believes that because of her personal relationship with them that they will especially have an amazing performance in the drama.

So does that implied that Jimmy will be in MSL 2? Sure hope so!
    vivi

i dont know what to make out of this 'news'. It's all over the chinese news sites but none on taiwan sites.

this girl is going to be in a series for sure. they r promoting her but is it going to be MLS 2? Until SETTV makes an announcement or jimmy himself confirms it i wont bet money on it.

i want to see jimmy in a new series but MLS2??? What else can they say in another 20 eps sequel? dont want MLS to become a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    i dont know what to make out of this 'news'. It's all over the chinese news sites but none on taiwan sites.

this girl is going to be in a series for sure. they r promoting her but is it going to be MLS 2? Until SETTV makes an announcement or jimmy himself confirms it i wont bet money on it.

i want to see jimmy in a new series but MLS2??? What else can they say in another 20 eps sequel? dont want MLS to become a joke.
    If SETTV announce the news, i will be able to follow up on the news every nite, coz I have one entertainment news 完全娱乐 that always promote every new taiwanese drama. most of the bts of all taiwanese popular drawa is from 完全娱乐. I remember MLS1 BTS also from 完全娱乐.

But.......dont think Jimmy will take that role again. no challenge for him? unless MLS2 is about he is coming back to F1 world, and the racing & drama portion is 50/50, hahahaha...

Montblanc was one of the sponsor of MLS1, and Jimmy is doing Mont Blanc now. Does he try to give fans hint that he is planning to do MLS again? or after MLS1, he became Montblanc fans

Yea MLS1 is perfect so I don't expect MLS2 at all. But it seems that the rumour is true. That girl is appearing more and more on chinese sites.
    I found her blog. There're a lot of pics there.
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/xiaoarlene
    http://photo.blog.sina.com.cn/xiaoarlene

I think I am one of the few that did not really like MLS that much. It was ok but nothing special... Sorry just my opinion so please don't get mad...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by sLo04 View Post
    Wow, that's crazy! I can't believe that the fans actually went to the extremes or shall I say, beyond the extreme by writing stuff on his walls before and camping out at his place.

I feel soo bad not being able to come on here as much anymore. My life's been soo busy. I rarely have the time to come check up on JL here anymore but I am trying. I feel like there's soo much I need to catch up on.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and new years.

I would like to share some of your regrets. I also am leading a busy life that I am hardly able to check things here much less post. Good to see you!

Ya, fans can sometimes be a cause of worry for their idols. May embarrass them or put then in a very difficult situation.

Noo! That can't be true. A new actress? I like Yoo Hana. It'll be weird without her in it. After all, I'm soo used to seeing Jimmy and Yoo Hana together. They make such a cute couple in the series. But I'm not so sure about MSL2. I fell in love with MLS1. One thing that I didn't like was the ending but overall, I still love it. I mean, I want to see Jimmy on screen too. It makes me wonder if it really is true then what's going to the dramatic part? Because they're finally together at the end anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sLo04 View Post
    Noo! That can't be true. A new actress? I like Yoo Hana. It'll be weird without her in it. After all, I'm soo used to seeing Jimmy and Yoo Hana together. They make such a cute couple in the series. But I'm not so sure about MSL2. I fell in love with MLS1. One thing that I didn't like was the ending but overall, I still love it. I mean, I want to see Jimmy on screen too. It makes me wonder if it really is true then what's going to the dramatic part? Because they're finally together at the end anyway.
    I don't know why, but I don't like the way You Hana does her acting. I don't like the over-acting of her eyes. It bothers me. I guess, I am not used to Korean drama series.
    Last edited by viv1010; 01-16-10 at 04:29 AM.
    vivi

I don't like the over-acting of Hana's eyes too, but in general, her acting is good
    i dont know what's in sequel, every thing is perfect ,2 main characters had a happy family and she is pregnant, what's going on in sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    If the news was true about mls sequel, I am sure it will be about the third brother and his past catching up to him. I am sure Zhong Tian Qi is probably going to be a supporting role. So, it does not matter who is going to play Ah Sing as this is going to be even a lesser supporting role. But sure hope they will have Jimmy back to play the ZTQ role! But then, this is just my guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by [u]sa[g]i View Post
    I don't like the over-acting of Hana's eyes too, but in general, her acting is good
    i dont know what's in sequel, every thing is perfect ,2 main characters had a happy family and she is pregnant, what's going on in sequel?
    well, Phuong, like I have predicted before, I don't think the MSL sequel is going to be about Zhong Tian Qi. So, who ever is going to play Xia Zhi Xin is not going to matter.

I could see a storyline with the 3rd brother's past cuz' we don't know anything from his past except that he was born and raise in Thailand until his aunt found him and sponsored him to become a famous actor. From what we knew about him, he was a pretty rebellious boy and probably got into a lot of trouble with the bad people in his past. I meant bad people as in gangs and organized crime. And when he became a celebrity, he was a playboy, so the MSL sequel could be about his past catching up to him. And of course now that he is officially a rich man from his inheritance from his half brother Zhong Tian Qi and his aunt, people from his past will raise a storm to E-Shine and threaten everyone's lives. Maybe he might even have a half brother or sister from his mother!

I just hope that the producer will not kill Zhong Tian Qi like they did with Zhong Tian Jun in order to bring another main male character into the storyline!
    Last edited by viv1010; 01-16-10 at 04:53 AM.
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    I don't know why, but I don't like the way You Hana does her acting. I don't like the over-acting of her eyes. It bothers me. I guess, I am not used to Korean drama series.
    Quote Originally Posted by [u]sa[g]i View Post
    Haha we're in common. I don't like Yoo Hana either. I haven't watched any Korean series before. I just love US action movies. I think I watch MLS just because of Jimmy.

jimmy and SETTV remain silent on this MLS sequel. It's only this girl talking about how lucky, happy she is to be in it, blah, blah, blah. honestly, she's not that pretty. until it's confirmed i simply dont believe it. someone said SETTV never made a sequel b4. is that right?

why is jimmy so secretive. what's he working on now. at least update his blog and share with us some news about xxz.

maybe he's soo secretive because of the crazy fans. they're too crazy.

anywho, i know that it really doesn't matter about Jimmy and Yoo Hana because they're together at last but the I don't like about it is the whole idea of replacing her with someone else. I guess. Ya feel me? I think she's cute and the over reacting is kind of true. It's just.. that it'll kind of suck seeing someone else playing her role. And it's because of her agent? That's why they're replacing her, right? If so, that sucks. I wonder why.

and Kid1412, I totally agree with you too! I watched it because of Jimmy. HAHAH! I'm not going to lie. It made me fell in love with him even more.
    Last edited by sLo04; 01-16-10 at 03:00 PM.

http://showbiz.chinatimes.com/2009Ct...201425,00.html

娛樂焦點/生兒帶財 林志穎搶劉德華千萬代言
    報導/張詠淇
    No. 1664 2010年01月08日出刊
    林志穎去年9月喜獲麟兒,在慶生會上公布訂婚喜訊,但人氣不跌反升,且兒子小小志帶財,代言不斷找上門。他 為顧及隱私,幫兒子推掉500萬元的奶粉 廣告,他自己卻搶走劉德華代言5年的大陸羅蒙西服,賺進上千萬元。其實,他長年在大陸經營賽車公司與一間科 技公司,在台投資2間餐廳,身家已有數十億,員 工都喊他「林董」哩!

去年十月,林志穎在慶生會上公開訂婚生子消息,當時主持人董至成說了一句:「不像劉德華,多少年了還不敢承 認。」當場惹毛華仔粉絲,認為林志穎拿劉 德華隱瞞老婆一事當箭靶,兩方粉絲也因此在網路上展開激戰。過了一個月,劉德華在大陸連續代言五年的羅蒙西 服,此時又被林志穎搶走;原來廠商看中林志穎升 格當爸,轉型成輕熟男風格,砸下千萬台幣和他簽了四年長約,讓林志穎成為新年度的代言人。

林董年賺數千萬
    林志穎因為生得一張娃娃臉,始終給人長不大的印象;如今竟能搶走熟男代表劉德華的代言,他難掩開心說:「因 為兒子出生,廠商都開始來詢問,想找我代言成熟的服裝、皮鞋、皮件等。我想也是時候了,很多人對我的印象還 是停留在十七歲,現在終於可以轉型,我覺得很好。」

他今年已三十五歲,和友人在珠海經營「平坐賽車運動諮詢有限公司」,另外又擁有網路科技公司,並在兩岸投資 房產和股票,在台灣還投資兩間餐廳,外傳身家已達到數十億元,據悉,私底下員工都稱他「林董」 。

林志穎目前是廣西「速一車隊」的簽約車手,雖然已經成家、有了兒子小小志,但他仍十分熱中於最愛的賽車事業 。過去數年,他憑藉拉力賽、方程式、房車賽等多項全能,已成為台灣身價最高的賽車手,光是賽車事業,每年進 帳達數千萬台幣。

他有多重身分,雖公開已為人父,今年仍工作滿檔。除了大陸地區的巡迴演唱會,也將投入電影拍攝,預計農曆年 過後推出新專輯;所以長居大陸工作的他,近期只能靠視訊才能看到兒子。

希望兒子也愛車
    為了保護家人隱私,他的未婚妻、伊林模特兒陳若儀生子後鮮少露面,連兒子的名字,他也不願意公布。問他是否 會讓陳若儀就此退出演藝圈,林志穎回答:「她不是早就退出了嗎!」

他透露,陳若儀產後一個月就迅速回復窈窕身材,至於婚期何時,他說今年好日子不多,又逢虎年,所以婚期未定 ;他說,若確定了一定不會再隱瞞。

他現在有子萬事足,認為家人是「甜蜜的負擔」,談到兒子「小小志」總忍不住眉開眼笑,「我看很多育兒書,聽 說三歲定一生,所以現在都讓他看各種圖案的黑白圖卡,每天十次,一次三十秒。」他甚至希望兒子未來能像他一 樣愛車,若能繼承衣缽成為賽車手就更好了。

林志穎Profile
    生日:1974年10月15日
    身高╱體重:173公分╱58公斤
    學歷:華崗藝校
    經歷:17歲出道即在亞洲竄紅,獲得「小旋風」之稱,18歲登上香港紅磡體育館演唱,目前仍保有紅館開唱最 年輕歌手紀錄。1997年投入賽車運動,2008年加盟中國天榮隊成為香港、台灣首位F1賽車選手,200 8年和陳若儀訂婚,2009年9月15日生下兒子小小志。

China Times Weekly
    No. 1664 2010年01月08日出刊
    Jimmy Lin took away Andy Lau's TWD 10M endorsement
    Jimmy Lin announced that he became a father at his birthday party last September. His fame went up instead of down and his son brought him wealth. Because of privacy he turned down a TWD5M baby formula commercial for his son. But he himself took away Andy Lau’s 5 year Romon men’s formal wear endorsement and will earn over TWD10M. In fact, he owns a racing company and an IT company in China and also invests in two restaurants in Taiwan. His net worth is over several billions TWD. His employees call him CEO Lin林董.

When he announced the birth if his son last October, Dong Zhicheng said, “He’s not like Andy Lau who wouldn’t admit it for years.” It angered Andy Lau’s fans who said that Jimmy Lin used Andy Lau as his shield. Fans on both sides started an online war. After a month, Andy Lau’s 5 year endorsement of Romon Men’s Formal Wear was taken away by Jimmy Lin. Romon likes Jimmy Lin’s new mature image and signed him for a 4 year contract. He will become their new spokesman.

Jimmy Lin has a babyface and always looks like a boy who won’t grow up. Now he has taken the endorsement of the mature Andy Lau. Jimmy said excitedly, “Because of my son vendors start to ask me to endorse men’s formal wear, shoes, and leather wear. I think it’s about time. A lot of people think that I am still 17. Now I can finally change my image. I think it’s good.”

He’s already 35. He owns the PingTzuo International Racing Sports Advisor Company in Zhuhai with friends. He also owns an online IT company and has stock and real estate investments in China and Taiwan. He also owns two restaurants in Taiwan. It’s rumored that his net worth is over several billions TWD. His employees called him CEO Lin.

Jimmy is a contract racer with the Guangxi Speedone Rally Racing Team. Even though he has a family now he is still very into car racing. In the last few years, as a rally, formula, and stock car racer he is the highest paid car racer in Taiwan and earns several TWD10M a year.

With his multi-occupations and a father role his schedule is full this year. Besides his concert tour in China he will also start filming a movie. His new album will be released after the Chinese New Year. He works mostly in China now and can only see his son via online videos.

Hope his son will love cars
    To protect his family, his fiancée Kelly Chen rarely appears in public. He won’t even disclose his son’s name. Asked if he’ll let Kelly quit showbiz, he said, “Hasn’t she quit already?”

He said Kelly regained her figure after a month. As to the wedding date, he said there are not many good days this year and it’s the year of the tiger so there are no plans yet. He said when the date is set he will not keep it a secret.

He now thinks that his family is a sweet burden and smiles when talking about Xiao Xiao Zhi. “I read many nursery books. I let him read black and white picture cards, ten a day, 30 seconds each.” He even hopes that his son will love cars like he does and even better if he would follow his footsteps and become a car racer.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/articles/99010840.jpg')

magazine cover
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/articles/cover990113.jpg')
    Last edited by ladycoco; 01-17-10 at 01:13 AM.

@vivi: haha, your imagine is rich...but anyway, i dont espect MLS2 is produced
    MLS is succeed by JL and Hana, if they make MLS2 about the 3rd brother, it almost dont relate MLS, they should make a new film completely
    i agree with you that i dont want to see ZTQ die, i hate that. Jimmy had join the film Brothers (wolf). I think that film was great but Jimmy's role died, so i still dont watch it

Hi Ladycoco! Thank you for the article and translation! Wow! congratulations to Jimmy for finally instilling his mature image to the public!

I hate how people/media put compare Jimmy and Andy Lau. They are adding fuel to the fire between the fans.
    vivi

OMG, 3 of us are online at the same time. that got to be a record

I think this more or less disputes the rumor that he'll be in MLS 2. he said he'll start filming a movie soon. how come no news about that.

and the new album will be released after chinese NY

i am glad that he turned down that baby formula commercial for xxz. ppl also said he's exploiting xxz
    i double he'll let xxz enter showbiz at such a young age. he protects his family well
    Last edited by ladycoco; 01-16-10 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    jimmy and SETTV remain silent on this MLS sequel. It's only this girl talking about how lucky, happy she is to be in it, blah, blah, blah. honestly, she's not that pretty. until it's confirmed i simply dont believe it. someone said SETTV never made a sequel b4. is that right?

why is jimmy so secretive. what's he working on now. at least update his blog and share with us some news about xxz.
    If I was the girl, a newbie, to pick up such a role, I'd be doing a lot of publication too! She needs to pave her path to stardom!

aiya! coco, it's just January! Let JL enjoy his little family for awhile! Beside, Chinese New Year is around the corner. It is family time to wrap up the old year and welcome the new year. patience, Patience, PATIENCE! Remember, JL fans have to practice PATIENCE!
    vivi