Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

Quote Originally Posted by tvlinko View Post
    hi guys

your site is very nice,because in your site video quality is good and sound is also very very nice ,the site is Free Online Movies

regard
    jack
    hi jack, welcome to the forum. what is your link to free online movies for? English or Asian movies or tv series?
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    upload to youtube failed! I will try again later. try this link for now.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Wo7F-msHnzs/

This video start from the very beginning with introduction of who he is and no commercials!. Even though they intro him w/xxz's pix in the beginning, the auction part is still done in in 2009 as I have seen pictures of JL in the show in 2009. I guess they add the intro part for the airing of the show. The filming part done in Hangzhou and Shanghai was done in May 30, 2009 for sure.

I am trying to d/l this clip and will u/l when I've d/l it, ok?
    no problem friend....
    i`ll wait....

Oh jimmyVernon! Wecome back? Long time no talk! How are you? Thank you for the link. I will have to watch it tonight when I get home.

I forgot my password so I couldn't log,that's why I didn't appeared for a long time. Now I've found it in my computer so I can talk with you all again. I've been busy with my final exam recently.Next semester,I'll go to the US as an exchange student.I'm so excited about it.Maybe I'll ask some of you who live there to give me some help if I have any problem studying there.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyVernon View Post
    I forgot my password so I couldn't log,that's why I didn't appeared for a long time. Now I've found it in my computer so I can talk with you all again. I've been busy with my final exam recently.Next semester,I'll go to the US as an exchange student.I'm so excited about it.Maybe I'll ask some of you who live there to give me some help if I have any problem studying there.
    oh, you are coming to the USA? great! Which school in which city and state? Let me know if you need help with anything, ok?
    vivi

ok, found it! The auction part was done in June 8, 2009!

The title is "Trading Big Action" (trade things to raise $$ for charity to rebuild hometowns, a Shanghai TV show) 闪电星感动

The part where they went to a photo studio to trade for the last item, the motorcycle with the side cart, was the Chuech Studio in Shanghai, that's why Jimmy knew the secret code to the VIP room. Even the employee did not know that code.

So, at the end, he got his friend to trade with him. Isn't that cheating?
    LOL...that was what I thought too when I watched the video. I was thinking, that isn't fair b/c his friend is the owner of the place. I guess at the end, it just matters that you raise the money for charity. LOL.

vivi

oh, you are coming to the USA? great! Which school in which city and state? Let me know if you need help with anything, ok?

University of Central Arkansas,Conway,Arkansas.I appreciate for your hospitality. I'll be in the USA in August and stay till January,2011.Is the winter in Arkansas cold?

University of Central Arkansas,Conway,Arkansas.I appreciate for your hospitality. I'll be in the USA in August and stay till January,2011.Is the winter in Arkansas cold?
    Oh, Arkansas? I have never been to that State. It's a central southern State, so I assume winter will not be cold, especially for Shanghainese.

I live in Washington State in the northwest, so you are closer to Ladycoco than to me.

So, when you fly in, are you going directly to Conway or are you going to visit other cities first?
    vivi

hi everyone. just stopping by to say hi. i am in shanghai but no idea where this hotel is. we went to the Expo yesterday and OMG... i really mean OMG, there were so many ppl. and it got to be the hottest day in the history of shanghai. my mom had to take a nap on a public bench...definitely not what she'd do. and the ppl...everyone has to shout, even to the person standing next to her/him, and in high pitches, no less. and the umbrellas... ppl 3 inches away from u holding them up and sticking them in your face.

the lines are 5 hrs long. we skipped all lines that took more than 15 mins. so forget about China, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc. we went to Cambodia, Sri Lanka, North Korea, Mongolia and some countries that i didn't even know exist on this planet. u got the idea.

today we will take the morning off and go back in the evening.

this is worse than our worse Disneyworld experience. i dont think i want to do this again on my own. i want to go home.

haven't done any shopping. i don't see any ads with celebs. only saw jackie chan in the subway.

btw, youtube, facebook and some taiwan news sites are blocked here. that's what VPN is for.

Oh, Arkansas? I have never been to that State. It's a central southern State, so I assume winter will not be cold, especially for Shanghainese.

I live in Washington State in the northwest, so you are closer to Ladycoco than to me.

So, when you fly in, are you going directly to Conway or are you going to visit other cities first?
    I'm going to Tokyo first to transfer to the USA.And then I'll arrive in Detroit and transfer again to Little Rock.There'll be a school bus to pick us up.After the semester,I plan to travel around America for about 2 weeks.I wanna go to Las Vegas and LA where XXZ was born. Is there any worth-travelling place you could recommend for me ?

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    hi everyone. just stopping by to say hi. i am in shanghai but no idea where this hotel is. we went to the Expo yesterday and OMG... i really mean OMG, there were so many ppl. and it got to be the hottest day in the history of shanghai. my mom had to take a nap on a public bench...definitely not what she'd do. and the ppl...everyone has to shout, even to the person standing next to her/him, and in high pitches, no less. and the umbrellas... ppl 3 inches away from u holding them up and sticking them in your face.

the lines are 5 hrs long. we skipped all lines that took more than 15 mins. so forget about China, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc. we went to Cambodia, Sri Lanka, North Korea, Mongolia and some countries that i didn't even know exist on this planet. u got the idea.

this is worse than our worse Disneyworld experience. i dont think i want to do this again on my own. i want to go home.

haven't done any shopping. i don't see any ads with celebs. only saw jackie chan in the subway.

btw, youtube, facebook and some taiwan news sites are blocked here. that's what VPN is for.
    I hope everything else for you is going well besides the mayham at the Expo. I heard it was insane through the news. Hopefully it'll get better for you and that you'll run into the celebrities you really want to meet such as Jimmy.

Oh, I hate that! Don't they know how to use a hat instead?!!!

oh, poor coco.... wonder if they have any special entrance for parties with wheelchair? Last time I went to Disney World in Florida, I just injured my knee, so we borrowed a wheelchair in the park, we wisked through all the lines and didn't have to wait for anything! So, maybe you can do the same for the Shanghai Expo!

Be sure to visit Nanjing Road! That is where all the big stores are with lots of big posters of celebrity models! Last time I saw a couple of huge George Cooney posters on the store walls.

Hopefully, you will find huge Jimmy posters there!
    vivi

I'm going to Tokyo first to transfer to the USA.And then I'll arrive in Detroit and transfer again to Little Rock.There'll be a school bus to pick us up.After the semester,I plan to travel around America for about 2 weeks.I wanna go to Las Vegas and LA where XXZ was born. Is there any worth-travelling place you could recommend for me ?
    Gosh, just 2 weeks is really not enough to travel around American. USA is as big as china. LA is on the westcoast and Las Vegas is close to LA, so you can make it in one trip. You can just spent your 2 weeks in the westcoast and visit San Diego (south of LA), San Francisco (north of LA), and the Redwood Forest. There's also the Grand Cannon as well.

Plee.mar can give you more info about San Francisco as she lives there.

But, you are closer to the eastcoast. On the northern part of the eastcoast, you can visit New York, Washington DC, Nigara Falls, and the surrounding places. And if you can go to Canada, you can also visit Toronto.

In the southern part of the eastcoast is Florida with Disney World, Universal Studio, and the Florida Keys, which are worth visiting too.

Then, there is St. Louis, just south of you in Louisiana State, which you can visit on a 3 day weekend or something like that.

And of course there is Hawaii as well, but the Hawaii trip will be very expensive. The Hawaii trip could be 2 weeks all by itself if you go island hopping as there are 8 islands there.
    vivi

hey, i know where we r. the hotel is in 徐家汇. There r several big shopping malls 20 mins away by foot. I saw 美罗城. it sells only electronic gadgets, cell phones, laptops, iPod... one dept store has a small Romon store, but the poster is some older guy. it's not even andy lau. That's the only Romon store i saw. none in the other upscale malls.

saw a big 金城武 Armani poster.
    Last edited by ladycoco; 07-02-10 at 01:35 AM.

hey, i know where we r. the hotel is in 徐家汇. There r several big shopping malls 20 mins away by foot. I saw 美罗城. it sells only electronic gadgets, cell phones, laptops, iPod... one dept store has a small Romon store, but the poster is some older guy. it's not even andy lau. That's the only Romon store i saw. none in the other upscale malls.

saw a big 金城武 Armani poster.
    really? so older guy? oh... that is just too bad! Have you visit Nanjing Road yet? You must! Every tourist in Shanghai goes there. That's where all the updated stuffs are! Good luck!
    vivi

JimmyVernon, have you seen any of Jimmy's Romon poster anywhere in Shanghai? You are in Shanghai, right? Ladycoco is visiting Shanghai right now and it would be great if she can see one and take pictures with them.
    vivi

Gosh, just 2 weeks is really not enough to travel around American. USA is as big as china. LA is on the westcoast and Las Vegas is close to LA, so you can make it in one trip. You can just spent your 2 weeks in the westcoast and visit San Diego (south of LA), San Francisco (north of LA), and the Redwood Forest. There's also the Grand Cannon as well.

Plee.mar can give you more info about San Francisco as she lives there.

But, you are closer to the eastcoast. On the northern part of the eastcoast, you can visit New York, Washington DC, Nigara Falls, and the surrounding places. And if you can go to Canada, you can also visit Toronto.

In the southern part of the eastcoast is Florida with Disney World, Universal Studio, and the Florida Keys, which are worth visiting too.

Then, there is St. Louis, just south of you in Louisiana State, which you can visit on a 3 day weekend or something like that.

And of course there is Hawaii as well, but the Hawaii trip will be very expensive. The Hawaii trip could be 2 weeks all by itself if you go island hopping as there are 8 islands there.
    Thank you very much for your detailed introduction.Then I'll carefully plan for trip with my friends.

JimmyVernon, have you seen any of Jimmy's Romon poster anywhere in Shanghai? You are in Shanghai, right? Ladycoco is visiting Shanghai right now and it would be great if she can see one and take pictures with them.
    As for me,I haven't seen any post yet.I searched Baidu.com and found that there's a Romon franchised store placed near Pentagon Square(五角场).Maybe some posts of our prince can be found there.And the address of the store is as follows:
    上海市翔殷路1128号大西洋百货5层 (Can Ladycoco read it?)
    Floor 5,the Atlantic Store,No.1128,Xiangying Rd,Shanghai

If she wants to get there,she can take Line 10(Subway).What should be noticed is Line 10 is not available after 4:00pm because it's now on trial operation.

Per Viv's comments, let's see what kind of info I can give to you about San Francisco. For one, when you visit the City and County of San Francisco, you basically need to visit the entire Bay Area. The Bay Area encompasses several different cities within close proxmity to one another. San Francisco itself has Golden Gate Park which has the Academy of Sciences (just recently remodeled and worth the visit), De Young Museum, Japanese Tea Garden, Rose Garden, etc. There is also the Asian Art Museum, Pier 39 Fisherman Wharf (popular tourist area), Coit Tower, Chinatown, Japantown, Golden Gate Bridge, and you have Union Square in downtown San Francisco (all the high end stores). If you want to go to amusement parks, there's Great of America in Santa Clara (about 40-45 min car ride south of San Francisco) and Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo (40-45 min car ride north of San Francisco). If you like wine tasting or the vineyards, you have the famous Napa Valley which is only an hour drive north of San Francisco. It is a beautiful place to spend a weekend if you are touring the Bay Area. I'm sure if you google search places to visit in the San Francisco Bay Area, it'll pop up with even more vacation suggestions. Best of luck with the new school and with your vacation planning.

Quote Originally Posted by plee.mar View Post
    Per Viv's comments, let's see what kind of info I can give to you about San Francisco. For one, when you visit the City and County of San Francisco, you basically need to visit the entire Bay Area. The Bay Area encompasses several different cities within close proxmity to one another. San Francisco itself has Golden Gate Park which has the Academy of Sciences (just recently remodeled and worth the visit), De Young Museum, Japanese Tea Garden, Rose Garden, etc. There is also the Asian Art Museum, Pier 39 Fisherman Wharf (popular tourist area), Coit Tower, Chinatown, Japantown, Golden Gate Bridge, and you have Union Square in downtown San Francisco (all the high end stores). If you want to go to amusement parks, there's Great of America in Santa Clara (about 40-45 min car ride south of San Francisco) and Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo (40-45 min car ride north of San Francisco). If you like wine tasting or the vineyards, you have the famous Napa Valley which is only an hour drive north of San Francisco. It is a beautiful place to spend a weekend if you are touring the Bay Area. I'm sure if you google search places to visit in the San Francisco Bay Area, it'll pop up with even more vacation suggestions. Best of luck with the new school and with your vacation planning.
    I really appreciate everything you've done.I just can't wait to explore the USA.