Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyVernon View Post
    Hello everyone ! I've arrived in the US.Everything's okey and the university is great.I like it when I first saw it.I'm here to greet you all.

Wish Jimmy a good luck in the race game later.
    hi jimmyVernon! Welcome to the USA! Glad you loved your school at first sight. Hope you will have a wonderful experience schooling in the USA, make tons of friends and also find time to visit various parts of our great nation as well.
    vivi

Gosh. found out yesterday PTRS racer Li Zhi Cong left the team for its opponent. That's why jimmy decided to race in the AFR in shanghai this weekend. don't know if it's a good thing or not. he hasn't been practicing. so he's just filling in Li's place. PTRS is doing so well this season and now...their primary racer left. Li will be racing against his former teammate and his boss. well, the boy is only 17, moving on to greener pasture.

http://car.southcn.com/7/2010-08/10/...t_14681580.htm
    中国的明日之星黎智聪签约澳门亚洲赛车队
    2010-08-10 14:02:00 来源: 新民网
    中国车手黎智聪将加入亚洲赛车队,并与ART的车手Sandy Stuvik,Tin Sritrai和Naomi Zhang Ran一起参加本周在上海国际赛车场举行的AFR赛事。亚洲赛车队的经理Philippe Descombes说:“我们从去年开始看着黎智聪的在不断的进步,他对本行业也产生了浓厚的兴趣。

中国车手黎智聪将加入亚洲赛车队,并与ART的车手Sandy Stuvik,Tin Sritrai和Naomi Zhang Ran一起参加本周在上海国际赛车场举行的AFR赛事。

17岁的黎智聪在他参加方程式赛事的第二年,就证明了自己在2010年是值得众人关注的。这位年轻的中 国车手在2009年的方程式锦标赛中位居第六,在他职业生涯开始之际,在珠海赢得了本赛季的第二场比赛,以 及一系列的轻量超级跑车挑战赛, 并迅速成为一颗瞩目的明日之星。

亚洲赛车队的经理Philippe Descombes说:“我们从去年开始看着黎智聪的在不断的进步,他对本行业也产生了浓厚的兴趣。同时也 是我们一个强劲的对手。我很高兴他选择了ART车队作为他今后的参赛队伍。我有信心他能够在本赛季夺得奖项 并取得胜利。”

目前,亚洲赛车队均排在车手榜和车队榜的榜首,并获得四个奖项。下一场AFR赛事将于8月13日至15 日在上海国际赛车场举行。

Hello everyone ! I've arrived in the US.Everything's okey and the university is great.I like it when I first saw it.I'm here to greet you all.

Wish Jimmy a good luck in the race game later.
    welcome to the US. so where exactly is your school? How do you like the food?

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    welcome to the US. so where exactly is your school? How do you like the food?
    Thank you for your warm welcome.My school is located in Conway,Arkansas.The people here is friendly and kind.I like the food provided by the school cafeteria and it tastes good.I think I can get familiar with evergthing here quickly.However,the weather is toooo hot ! I'll go out to take some pics when it gets cooler.

Gosh. found out yesterday PTRS racer Li Zhi Cong left the team for its opponent. That's why jimmy decided to race in the AFR in shanghai this weekend. don't know if it's a good thing or not. he hasn't been practicing. so he's just filling in Li's place. PTRS is doing so well this season and now...their primary racer left. Li will be racing against his former teammate and his boss. well, the boy is only 17, moving on to greener pasture.
    Really? wow! I think Jimmy will be okay if he is the back up racer. Usually back up racer do put some practice in as well cuz' you never know when duty calls. Beside, it's not a new racing track for JL.
    Last edited by viv1010; 08-13-10 at 08:43 PM.
    vivi

Thank you for your warm welcome.My school is located in Conway,Arkansas.The people here is friendly and kind.I like the food provided by the school cafeteria and it tastes good.I think I can get familiar with evergthing here quickly.However,the weather is toooo hot ! I'll go out to take some pics when it gets cooler.
    Hi JimmyVernon. Glad you like the food. It will be very hot in AR for a couple more months. Remember to get some sunblock lotion when you go out into the sun! And have fun!
    vivi

Last edited by ladycoco; 08-14-10 at 09:26 AM.

Jimmy Lin: will release EP in Oct; fight with son over toys

http://ent.163.com/10/0813/23/6E0KU7FI00032KMI.html

It has been 4 years since Jimmy Lin released an album. His new EP will come out in Oct. On Aug 13 he was in Shanghai for Jet Li’s One Charity Race and the International Renault Formula Race. He couldn’t hold his happiness when talking about the new EP. “The new songs are full of blessings. I want to share my happiness with everyone.” He also told us he fights with his son over toys. “He has music talents. He can ‘play’ the guitar and dance “Nobody”.

Jimmy: “The theme songs for Hunan TV series Single Princess and my new EP will be released in Oct. All the songs have been recorded. We just have to shoot the MV and the cover. I will be very busy for the rest of the year. There will be a very good movie about racing and a TV series. I personally like the story of the idol series. The concert tour will have to wait till next year.”

Can you share with us some of your father tales?

Jimmy: “I spend time with him. It’s like a big kid with a small kid. We fight over toys, listen to music and sing together.

How do you divide your time?

Jimmy: “I have many roles and can divide my time between them fairly well. I am a singer, actor, car racer and added the role of father last year. Of course, I’ve to spend more time with my family now. It’s a sweet burden to me. My attitude has changed now. I used to spend a lot of time in racing and made only a TV series every 3 to 4 years. Since Xiao Xiao Zhi was born I want him to see more exceptional works of his father. I want to set an example for him. I spend all my spare time with him now. He is 11 months old. It’s the cutest time. He can walk and is very active. He has the music gene and can dance to “Nobody”. He can also pretend to play the guitar. Very cute.

How do you divide your time between movies, music, and car racing?

Jimmy: “It has always been half and half. I used to have a race every other month. Now I’ve basically moved to the background and lead the team in different races. Our team won the 2009 Asian Renault Formula grand championship. I won’t compete in as many races but will instead train new racers. It’s better than me racing.

Will you collaborate with Jet Li in a movie?

Jimmy: “If there is the chance I’d love to. But I’ll have to beef up my kung fu first. His movies always need good kung fu background. I should be okay. I made so many ancient series.

Xiao Xiao Zhi will turn 1 in a month. How will you celebrate?

Jimmy: “We’ll have a birthday party for him. He’s the oldest grandson and he’s quite the people person.”

Do you have confidence in the upcoming International Renault Formula race?

Jimmy: “I’ll try my best. The racers are all professionals from all over the world, like Thailand, Japan Europe… Our team hired a champion racer from New Zealand. I’ll try my best. There are so many world class racers. I’ll be satisfied if I could finish in the top 6. Not necessary win but I’ll fight to the last second.

It’s rumored that you are the highest pay Taiwan racer, making mover 10M a year?

Jimmy: “Not that much. On the contrary, I’ve been giving a lot and not taking much in. I should say…I am the best singer and dancer among racers and the best racer among artists.

You had a terrible accident before. How do you feel about it now?

Jimmy: “I hit the lowest point in my life after the accident but I stood back up. When I first started racing my attitude was to win at all cost. I hit a wall at 150 kph, spin around twice before I stopped. Smokes poured out of the race car. I tried to get out but couldn’t stand on my right foot. I jumped out with one foot and the car burst into flames. It was quite scary. At the hospital I found out three bones in my right foot were broken. I was in clutches for 6 months. At the same time, I couldn’t find the direction in my showbiz career. I was just discharged from the army and tried to prove myself to others. I kept asking myself why. I then returned to the race track and concentrated on beating my own record instead of others. I told myself isn’t it the same thing in my showbiz career. I only need to exceed my old record, a step at a time. Then I accepted the role of Xiao Y’er in The Legendary Siblings. I am like Xiao Y’er, always optimistic and no need to act like a hurt prince. After that I found my direction.”

Now that you have a family, will you hold back during races?

“I thought of that too. On the first day I did step on the brake. There are pressures. After a few days of practice I got back to normal. I am quite satisfied with my condition. I am only 1 second slower than the racers who practice daily. Xiao Xiao Zhi supports my racing too. (Just a joke.) He basically supports me, no complaints.

Will you support Xiao Xiao Zhi if he wants to race car in the future?

Jimmy: “I feel that he is interested in racing too. He has a push car that looks like a race car. He is very happy when he’s in it. He blows the horn and zooms around. Of course I’ll support him. Our racing team has a Go-cart car ready for him when he’s ready to race.

Jimmy at the Renault Formula Race in shanghai on Aug 13, 2010.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/13250c39851285a914cecbcf.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/668a98080eeb695c94ca6bcc.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/f3ef7a3479bad7c8a71e1232.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/201008132322572f7f5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/20100813232258c808b.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/2010081323230137d94.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/2010081323262617c39.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/201008132325535bce8.jpg')

ladycoco,

Thank you so much for news and pictures updates.
    Love Jimmy and Jiang Xin, Support TAE

Hey, relive. he did say a racing movie this time. and he sounds so positive. so, wait and see. it should happen soon. keep our figures crossed.

Hey, relive. he did say a racing movie this time. and he sounds so positive. so, wait and see. it should happen soon. keep our figures crossed.
    I hope so, and expect LYF in his racing movie.
    Love Jimmy and Jiang Xin, Support TAE

Quote Originally Posted by relive View Post
    I hope so, and expect LYF in his racing movie.
    LOL. Don't push it.

racing pics from aug 14, 2010 in shanghai. Still no idea what place he got. Because of the national memorial day for the recent flood in china all the races on sunday were canceled. so they just crammed all the races into saturday afternoon. Jimmy was rushed into the the final. In the preliminary on sat morning he got 10th place out of 19. He had to start at the 19th position because he didn't race in 2010 and has no records. Don't know what place he got in the final. the charity race has been rescheduled to monday but he's not supposed to race in it.

http://tieba.baidu.com/club/9711158/p/7533862

They belong to his fan club so i don't want to steal them. maybe i'll pick a few nice ones and post them here later today.

OMG. Jimmy won. He got the IFC trophy.
    http://www.espnstar.com.cn/pub/f1/20...5/169772_2.htm

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/lcoco2/racing/2010815202722113.jpg')

Taiwan CTV news 2010-08014

XXZ is so cute. i want to see pics of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8-1I8Lxi4

Congratulations to Jimmy for doing so well on his races! And yes XXZ is very cute, just like his daddy. However, hope his English skills will be better than his daddy, though!
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    Congratulations to Jimmy for doing so well on his races! And yes XXZ is very cute, just like his daddy. However, hope his English skills will be better than his daddy, though!
    LOL. you meant the 'nobody nobody but you'. I first thought that it was his poor english but then i listen to the real Wonder Girls and that's exactly how they sing it. i thought they were singing 'but you' in Korean.

The Wonder Girls Nobody
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFjP-OJ7Bh4

XXZ is an american. of course his english is better than his daddy.

Hi everybody, long time no see...
    oh wow... that's so great news...congratulations Jimmy....

i can't believe it's been about a year since that day when we first knew 'bout XXZ...i hope he's become cute like his father...no complaints for mum...i think JL'll show us his photo on his bday party...ok i was kind of hopin'...
    so anyway, how r doin' guys? i missed the forum so much...it looks quiet 'round here..
    Be Busy like Jimmy!

XXZ is an american. of course his english is better than his daddy.
    why is that? XXZ is growin' up in america? what did i miss?
    Be Busy like Jimmy!