Thread: Jimmy Lin

  1. #10021
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Hi PippoGirl! Welcome to the forum!

    Yep, if you can read Chinese and/or understand Mandarin, that will be GREAT! cuz' poor coco has been doing most if not all of the Chinese written translation.
    vivi

  2. #10022
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    just as i predicted...saying the same thing over and over again. isn't it getting old? Cheers!
    aiyah.....coco, just let it go. She does have a valid point and so does PippoGirl.
    vivi

  3. #10023
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by relive View Post
    "Ghost" China version

    hahhahhaa.....yes
    vivi

  4. #10024
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    @viv1010 & ladycoco, I can read a little bit of Chinese and speak Cantonese fluently, but have recently started to learn Mandarin. So, hopefully I'll be able to help you guys out.

    I can't wait to see his new movies as well. Both of the films look interesting and the female leads are pretty. I wasn't thrilled with the girl in "Single Princess & Blind Dates" but hopefully, he'll be paired with someone prettier and better acting skills in the remake of "My Girl".

  5. #10025
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    @viv1010 & ladycoco, I can read a little bit of Chinese and speak Cantonese fluently, but have recently started to learn Mandarin. So, hopefully I'll be able to help you guys out.

    I can't wait to see his new movies as well. Both of the films look interesting and the female leads are pretty. I wasn't thrilled with the girl in "Single Princess & Blind Dates" but hopefully, he'll be paired with someone prettier and better acting skills in the remake of "My Girl".
    same here. same here. I can speak cantonese and am learning mandarin from listening to all the JL news from china and taiwan. I can read chinese but still can't write or type. i'm too lazy to go take a class in pinyin.

  6. #10026
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    @ladycoco,
    Thank you very much for your response to my message from last night, and I’m so glad that we share similar views. I totally agree with you that his “never give up” mindset for reaching his dreams is quite impressive and admirable. This is actually one of the major distinctions that sets those successful people apart from the ordinary. I personally like his playful and cheerful personality as well. From many of the cut scenes and NG clips I saw, he’s always joking with the crew and seems to be the one who livens up the working environment and makes it fun for everyone to work together. I’ve also noticed that he’s very down to earth and is willing to help others regardless whether they’re newbies or not. This is definitely not something you see in all celebrities.

    I know exactly what you mean about the anti-fans and people’s negativity in general. I know they’re all over the place, but it’s just disturbing to see those silly comments, which holds no substance at all. I did noticed that he liked to keep his personal life private (even to his father), and I can totally respect that. Everyone has their own ways of living their lives. To be fair, I really think that his personal life should just be a “don’t ask, don’t tell” and “let things be” matter since it has nothing to do with anyone of us. Jimmy would NOT had to lie about it if the reporters did not chase him down for the answers, when we all know that all of the answers he gave were probably scripted by his company anyways.

    Maybe it’s an age thing, but I really feel that the fans(especially those who only wants single idols) need to wake up to reality. When we dream about JL or any other stars before they reveal their partners, do we know how many girls are in their arms at that very moment in real life? I wouldn’t be so naļve to believe that such a handsome, successful, and rich man has been with no other woman besides Ruby Lin and Kelly Chen over the last 17 years. How many partners does an average person have in their lifetime? Then times that by at least 10, 100, or even 1000 times depending on the stars’ popularity because they have access to so much more opportunities than normal people. Don’t take me wrong, I’m not promoting that this is the right thing for them to do, but that’s the reality. So no matter if he’s with Kelly or some other unknown woman, our fantasy is still a fantasy, which only happens in dreams and will never come true.

  7. #10027
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    aiyah.....coco, just let it go. She does have a valid point and so does PippoGirl.
    i did. i'm being a good girl and didn't say anything mean.

  8. #10028
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    PippoGirl,
    totally agree with you about his cheerful personality. All his co-stars have nothing but praises for him. He's always joking around on the set and cheering everyone up. You can tell from the msgs he left on his Weibo (now i know what it's called). All the guys (well 2) in my life are like that and that's what i like in a guy.

    i agree with you about the women he's been with between Ruby Lin and Kelly Chen. Girls would throw themselves at such a young, good-looking, rich guy. I am not going to believe he didn't date for 7 years. Even us lil ppl date more than 1 guy before we settle down. but odd that no one came forward and claimed to have climbed in bed with him. and we know that he's not gay.

    BTW, found this taiwan tv news about his birthday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPT3aib-OfM
    Last edited by ladycoco; 10-19-10 at 10:18 PM.

  9. #10029
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    @Trinie

    I do respect your opinions, since I know everyone has different views, and I don't expect you to change your minds at all simply by reading my message. I apologize for misstating that JL never lip-sang before (if it is indeed the truth). I personally have not caught him do that or came across any news about this issue, so based on my knowledge, he has not done that before, and have not ripped-me off.

    Obviously, we have very different expectations for idols. I personally don't expect much from entertainers and will never look at them as role models. Anyone who does good things or is successful in life has something for me to look up too, but that doesn't mean they're my role models. The people who I believe can potentially be role models are our own parents, teachers, priests/monks, law enforcers/policeman, etc. Unfortunately, some parents cannot even set good examples for their own children to follow, so how can we ever expect Jimmy to be able to carry that huge responsibility? It's NOT his job to teach anyone anything besides for Kimi.

    It was very interesting reading your comments about JL thinking his fans as his "friends". Did you actually take it seriously and believe in him? Well, I think he is sincerely grateful for all of the love that his fans gave him, since they directly contributed to his income and popularity, but I wouldn't expect him to think of us as his friends. I can never imagine being friends with someone that I cannot see in person, shake a hand, or have a direct conversation with. So, all of those things he said were obviously "sales" languages. Thinking more into it, did his fans ever spend money on him with the intention to help feed him or feed his family? Most likely the answer is NO! We buy his CDs, posters and watch his movies solely for our own benefits (to fulfill our own entertainment desires), so it's really a fair game. As long as he's singing good songs, acting in meaningful movies/roles, and keeping his face looking handsome, I'm his fans.

    Alrighty, this will be my last message on this topic since I don't want to spam this forum any further. Sorry ladycoco and vivi1010, I'm going to drop it now.

  10. #10030
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    PippoGirl,
    totally agree with you about his cheerful personality. All his co-stars have nothing but praises for him. He's always joking around on the set and cheering everyone up. You can tell from the msgs he left on his Weibo (now i know what it's called). All the guys (well 2) in my life are like that and that's what i like in a guy.

    i agree with you about the women he's been with between Ruby Lin and Kelly Chen. Girls would throw themselves at such a young, good-looking, rich guy. I am not going to believe he didn't date for 7 years. Even us lil ppl date more than 1 guy before we settle down. but odd that no one came forward and claimed to have climbed in bed with him. and we know that he's not gay.

    BTW, found this taiwan tv news about his birthday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPT3aib-OfM
    Thanks so much for that link, ladycoco. I just watched it and he's so cute. I've been checking his Weibo site a lot lately and it's nice to be able to see his conversations between him and his friends, as well as his daily updates. The funny thing is that he's so into vehicles in general. He seems to hop on every type of vehicle that's around him.

  11. #10031
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    Alrighty, this will be my last message on this topic since I don't want to spam this forum any further. Sorry ladycoco and vivi1010, I'm going to drop it now.
    Thank you PippoGirl.....just don't scare all the other readers away.

    FYI, I think coco found JL lipsync on one of his concerts back in the days in HK. But then, that's history, so not going to dig it up for you.

    And yes, I believe JL have had more gfs than just Ruby Lin and Kelly Chen. Didn't Relive posted a youtube video of another model turned entrepreneur who was also JL's ex-gf? ....and yes, that is history as well.

    I my opinion, I don't think JL is the best singer, and he doesn't always have the best songs either, but I still loved his cute look, cheery personality, hard work, sharp mind, etc.....
    vivi

  12. #10032
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    @viv1010 & ladycoco, I can read a little bit of Chinese and speak Cantonese fluently, but have recently started to learn Mandarin. So, hopefully I'll be able to help you guys out.

    I can't wait to see his new movies as well. Both of the films look interesting and the female leads are pretty. I wasn't thrilled with the girl in "Single Princess & Blind Dates" but hopefully, he'll be paired with someone prettier and better acting skills in the remake of "My Girl".
    Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    same here. same here. I can speak cantonese and am learning mandarin from listening to all the JL news from china and taiwan. I can read chinese but still can't write or type. i'm too lazy to go take a class in pinyin.
    me three.....fluent in Cantonese, semi-fluent in Mandarin, but could only read a little bit of Chinese. Still trying to improve my Mandarin, but I think reading/writing Chinese fluently is a hopeless endeavor.
    vivi

  13. #10033
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    PippoGirl,
    totally agree with you about his cheerful personality. All his co-stars have nothing but praises for him. He's always joking around on the set and cheering everyone up. You can tell from the msgs he left on his Weibo (now i know what it's called).

    BTW, found this taiwan tv news about his birthday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPT3aib-OfM
    thanks for the link. there's nothing new on this, they just use old video clips of him.

    ok, what is weibo? it's Ms. Low Tech here. sorry, coco, I'm just full of question! Haven't even check out his Twitter acct either. What is his Twitter acct again?
    vivi

  14. #10034
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    amicable, this is a very nice poem. Did you wrote it yourself?
    Thanks, ViV! Yeah, I wrote that myself. That's my gift for Jimmy on his birthday. I'm grateful that you appreciated it.

  15. #10035
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    hi vivi1010,

    Here's the link to Jimmy Lin's Weibo Site - http://t.sina.com.cn/dreamerjimmy

    Honestly, I'm not that familiar with the Weibo sites either, and have purposely registered recently just to check out JL's daily updates.  However, it seems like a Chinese version of Twitter.  My husband, who sometimes read other HK stars' forums, had mentioned that celebrities like Charlene Choi and Raymond Lam did talk about their own Weibo blogs as well.  So, perhaps it's a "Twitter"-like site for celebrities to post their updates as well as to communicate with their friends within the entertainment industry?  When I'm in JL's Weibo site, I see Charlene Choi, Dicky Cheung, Li Bing Bing, and hundreds others as his friends...and I did see MLS's director posting on JL's site, and Hong Xiao Ling's posts to him as well.  Maybe between the stars, it's more like Facebook, but between us and them, it's read-only access.  I haven't looked into other things you can do in Weibo yet, but it's not important to me right now.

    Also, even though this looks like it's the celebrities themselves posting the updates or twits, I'm still a bit skeptical about whether it's really them who are behind that PDA, smart phone, computer, etc.. posting those updates.  I mean, do they really have time to waste on doing these things?  Is there any possibility that their companies have a bunch of people sitting behind a PC making these posts for them?  Or maybe they actually do enjoy twitting just like us normal people using Facebook, Twitter, or MySpace?  I really don't know and will never know the truth to this answer, but it doesn't really matter as long as I can see his latest updates, right?  If you go check it out, you will find that his twits really sounds like himself with his playful/joking/sweet style...

  16. #10036
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    Thank you PippoGirl.....just don't scare all the other readers away.

    FYI, I think coco found JL lipsync on one of his concerts back in the days in HK. But then, that's history, so not going to dig it up for you.

    And yes, I believe JL have had more gfs than just Ruby Lin and Kelly Chen. Didn't Relive posted a youtube video of another model turned entrepreneur who was also JL's ex-gf? ....and yes, that is history as well.

    I my opinion, I don't think JL is the best singer, and he doesn't always have the best songs either, but I still loved his cute look, cheery personality, hard work, sharp mind, etc.....
    I have to agree with you on this, Jimmy is definitely not a solid singer like Hacken Lee, Jacky Cheung, Eason Chan, etc...and it is his good looks that most of us adore. Most of his old songs are very boyish, except for a few that are actually very good such "I don't Regret", "Shaolin 2's theme song", and a few others from his more recent albums. I do notice that his voice did improve over the years though. And I have to say that he has a very sweet voice especially in his new sub-theme song "Color" from "Single princess..." I love the rhythm and his voice in it so much.

  17. #10037
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Smile Jimmy is finishing up filming for "If I Were You" in Hangzhou, Zhejiang China...

    Jimmy posted this on his Weibo site on 10/20/2010 @ 17:18
    "一轉眼在杭州待了一個多月,這次也因為拍戲讓我好好的認識杭州,喜歡這裡舒服的氣候,杭州的美食,喜歡和 善有禮貌的人們,時尚都市,西湖的美景,難怪大家笑口常開,將來有機會一定要再來拍部戲!!殺青倒數第二天 "

    Jimmy posted this on his Weibo site on 10/20/2010 @ 21:33
    "夜戲最後一天,來溜這車遊杭州交朋友"

    Translation: (This is my first time trying to translate from Chinese, so please feel free to correct me if I'd misstated anything.)
    "In a flash, I've been in Hangzhou for over a month now.  Because of filming, I've gotten a good opportunity to get to know Hangzhou better this time.  I like its comfortable weather and the delicious Hangzhou cuisine.  I like its kind people with good manners, the fashionable city, and the beautiful scenery of the West Lake.  No wonder why the people here are always happy and jolly.  If there's opportunity in the future, will definitely come back to film another movie.  2nd day of countdown for finishing filming!"

    "The last day of night filming, I'm slipping into this car to tour Hangzhou and make friends."

  18. #10038
    Senior Member ladycoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    vivi, Weibo is chinese Twitter. Anyone can open an account and reply to the msgs posted by the celebs. I do think it's really jimmy himself posting. He even takes pic of himself with his iphone and post them online.

    he's his playful self. He pretended to have broken into Director Chen's PC and 'stole' his 'nude' pics (10/8/10). Chen retaliated by posting JL's 'nude' pic from MLS. JL then pretended to beat up Chen (10/13/10). Chen is just as playful. I think that's how they relieve pressure from work.

    JL
    http://t.sina.com.cn/dreamerjimmy

    director Chen
    http://t.sina.com.cn/n/%E9%99%B3%E9%...B0%8E%E6%BC%94

    You can follow his itinerary. It closes the gap between stars and fans. Anyone can post responses to their posts.

  19. #10039
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    vivi, Weibo is chinese Twitter. Anyone can open an account and reply to the msgs posted by the celebs. I do think it's really jimmy himself posting. He even takes pic of himself with his iphone and post them online.
    Oh, JL & Director Chen are too cute! Wished I could read Chinese. Gosh, what am I talking about? I don't even Twit, let along Weibo.

    Oh well, I'll just have to wait for you and PippoGirl to give me the ups from JL's Weibo.
    vivi

  20. #10040
    Senior Member viv1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    I have to agree with you on this, Jimmy is definitely not a solid singer like Hacken Lee, Jacky Cheung, Eason Chan, etc...and it is his good looks that most of us adore. Most of his old songs are very boyish, except for a few that are actually very good such "I don't Regret", "Shaolin 2's theme song", and a few others from his more recent albums. I do notice that his voice did improve over the years though. And I have to say that he has a very sweet voice especially in his new sub-theme song "Color" from "Single princess..." I love the rhythm and his voice in it so much.
    I still have yet to listen to his new songs! Wished I have 26 hours in a day!
    vivi

Similar Threads

  1. jimmy lin lover's
    By eiselle_lin21 in forum Taiwanese TV Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-10, 10:06 AM
  2. Replies: 272
    Last Post: 11-09-10, 12:57 AM
  3. Jimmy Lin VS Alec Su
    By xoXaznbabiXox in forum Actors
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-10, 04:44 AM
  4. Alec Su vs. Jimmy Lin
    By L4love in forum Actors
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-15-09, 04:31 AM
  5. Shu Jian Qing Xia Liu San Bian starring Jimmy Lin
    By babybunny in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 09-28-08, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •