Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    Gosh, finally finished Single Princess. It really was a waste of time. Sorry, but the storyline is really not that great and the main actress is really really really plain, both in appearance and in her acting. So sorry, don't mean to give such poor review, but.......
    Hi Vivi, I totally agree with you in this movie. I actually enjoyed watching the NG scenes more than the episodes themselves. I found myself fast forwarding a lot of the scenes without Jimmy in them because the other couples are pretty boring. I also thought the main actress and "Ba Mei" were pretty annoying. It was ashamed that they paired her up with two very handsome actors (Jimmy and Dylan Kuo). Eventhough it was supposed to be a romance series, I really couldn't feel the sparks or touching feelings between her and Jimmy nor with Dylan Kuo.

I remember seeing a video clip from an interview with the crew and Jimmy disclosed that the main actress was very nervous when finding out that she had to do a kissing scene with him. She responded that she was kind of reconfirming with the director if the scene was absolutely necessary. I was like, girl, you gotta be kidding me...what do you mean by making such a comment? She must had thank the director or producer for giving her the chance to pair her up with those cute guys and have kissing scenes with JL instead of making it seem like she's being forced unwillingly...ha ha

There are a lot of tv series about blind dating and dating services in China. Due to the one child policy that started back in the late 1970’s, there is a shortage of girls for the men born in that era. Since arranged marriages are out the windows. So, blind dating and dating services are on the rise in China now. Every Saturday, there is a “Matching fair” at The People’s Park in Shanghai. The parents would post their adult children’s profile and read the profiles of other people to find a match for their adult children. Then they would proceed from there.

The below photos were taken by my friends when they visited the “Matching Fair” in Shanghai in 2009.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13552_187434484714_668954714_3970345_6259381_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13552_187434489714_668954714_3970346_5674067_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13552_187434499714_668954714_3970347_6501900_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13552_187434504714_668954714_3970348_6320656_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13552_187434514714_668954714_3970349_4729524_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13552_187434529714_668954714_3970350_8380103_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13552_187434564714_668954714_3970355_4083119_n.jpg')
    Last edited by viv1010; 10-25-10 at 08:23 PM.
    vivi

Coco & pippogirl:

Couldn’t agree more about her dubbed voice, so irritating. Couldn’t feel the sparks and no romance at all! And all these “love” couples were supposed to meet and get marry/engaged within the 6 month period! How is this possible? There’s hardly any dating at all! So, where’s the romance?

Loved the Carry couple though. Thought they were very cute. And the Bai Mei character was cute too. She is such a tomboy, just like me. But she is way cuter looking of course! Gosh, even the Sau Sau, the store girl, has more characters than Tong Tong!

Yep, my favorite parts of the series were the sand drawings in the beginning and the NG scenes at the end. At one point, JL called Carry, “Ya Ruo”, her character name in My Lucky Star. I find that funny cuz’ that was 3 years ago! They must have a lot more fun filming MLS than Single Princess.

Sorry to say, but I don’t think JL looked good in this series. Don’t like the makeup on him at all, it’s like there is a shade of gray over his face or something. And he looked so tired! Got to say, it’s not one of his best piece of acting either.

However, I thought Dylan Kuo looked great as always. Btw, is Dylan mixed? He looked mixed.
    Last edited by viv1010; 10-25-10 at 05:30 PM.
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    decmeber_snow, i ul'ed the MVs I have to a folder in mediafire. I'm not sure if you can open it. Let me know. There are 28 files. Some of quite big.

Enjoy!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kubsjgt42bbob
    tnx coco, i can't be more grateful for u'r doin' this for me...

and i felt so bad that new idol serious didn't got a good review...i was waitin' for engsub but it seems like no need for that now...

anyway, just see what happens to next projects.....
    Last edited by december_snow; 10-25-10 at 04:39 PM.
    Be Busy like Jimmy!

btw, why i always miss the threads... i try to check here everytime i surf the net but still can't make it on time...
    Be Busy like Jimmy!

Coco & pippogirl:
    Sorry to say, but I don’t think JL looked good in this series. Don’t like the make on him at all, it’s like there is a shade of gray over his face or something. And he looked so tired! Got to say, it’s not one of his best piece of acting either.

However, I thought Dylan Kuo looked great as always. Btw, is Dylan mixed? He looked mixed.
    I agree with that too. JL looks tired in the series. Could it be the makeup or the baby? Staying up late to talk to Kimi on Skype? He didn't have to act much. there are so few of his scenes.

The only thing i like in the series are the 2 songs: You are the One and Color.

GongChan, the male lead in My Girl is this dashing successful CEO of a hotel chain. He's always well-dressed and elegant. Hope JL look good in this role.

My Girl (Korean) with english subtitles, plus plot and cast
    www.dramafever.com/drama/117/1/My_Girl

You are kidding me about those 'ads'. Parents seeking prospects for their 28 yrs old daughter. If these ppl r so good-looking and make so much money how come they can't find a mate.

i don't think Dylan is mixed.
    Last edited by ladycoco; 10-25-10 at 05:20 PM.

don't remember if i've shared this b4. The 2010 Asian Games youth camp theme song has officially been announced.

欢聚青春
    by Jimmy Lin and 章丽

news
    http://music.yule.tom.com/2010-10-25/002L/29616724.html

download mp3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kx8ea6n6k85miiu

Yeah I agree with all of you on JL in Single Princess. Personally, I though his hair was the main issue. It was too thick, too puffy, and too much hair that made him looked chubbier and less sharp. The cutest part of Jimmy was the scene when Tong Tong's parents invited him over for a dinner or lunch and she came home and saw him there and criticized him for only eating and not even washing the dishes. Then he fed her the piece of fruit and made her said thank you. That was like the only part where I saw our normal Jimmy...so cute and playful.

This was the first movie I watched with Dylan K in it. Was any of his previous movies worth watching? He is very handsome and extremey tall. He does look mixed but I'm not sure though.

The pics you posted about the blind dates things is kinda weird to us. I guess people do what they have to do over there...I dunno...

PippoGirl,

Yep, that was my favorite scene of JL too, when he fed her the grape and made her said thank you.

I’ve seen one other series with Dylan K in it. It’s call “White Robe of Love” 白袍之戀 with Ady An. It is very good. You can find it on Tudou. Just google it with the chinese name and Tudou. Hope you enjoy it! Tell me what you think when you finish it, ok?
    Last edited by viv1010; 10-25-10 at 06:47 PM.
    vivi

I agree with that too. JL looks tired in the series. Could it be the makeup or the baby? Staying up late to talk to Kimi on Skype? He didn't have to act much. there are so few of his scenes.

The only thing i like in the series are the 2 songs: You are the One and Color.

GongChan, the male lead in My Girl is this dashing successful CEO of a hotel chain. He's always well-dressed and elegant. Hope JL look good in this role.

My Girl (Korean) with english subtitles, plus plot and cast
    www.dramafever.com/drama/117/1/My_Girl

You are kidding me about those 'ads'. Parents seeking prospects for their 28 yrs old daughter. If these ppl r so good-looking and make so much money how come they can't find a mate.

i don't think Dylan is mixed.
    coco, I don't think it was the daily webcam interaction with Kimi. Babies are put to bed early. Beside, their attention span is not that long!

Yep, like the songs too.

Don't know about the remake of My Girl thougth. I didn't like the original Korean series as I thought the storyline was really pushing it. But got to say, the main male character did dressed very nicely and had a lot of nice jackets. But then Korea is so cold! Taiwan is much warmers.

about the ads. I can't read the Chinese on them. care to translate/summarized them? but, yep, those are real!
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    Yeah I agree with all of you on JL in Single Princess. Personally, I though his hair was the main issue. It was too thick, too puffy, and too much hair that made him looked chubbier and less sharp. The cutest part of Jimmy was the scene when Tong Tong's parents invited him over for a dinner or lunch and she came home and saw him there and criticized him for only eating and not even washing the dishes. Then he fed her the piece of fruit and made her said thank you. That was like the only part where I saw our normal Jimmy...so cute and playful.
    what ep is that? I dont remember watching such scene. See how much FF i did. That's why i dont like Tong Tong. She is always so mean to Chi Van. so does he see in her?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13552_187434514714_668954714_3970349_4729524_n.jpg')

OMG. this is so weird. I can only pick out the words I know.
    --------------------------
    This is me on TV with the CCTV host xxx and government official yyy.
    41 yrs old, single, college degree
    doesn't smoke, drink or dance. fair complexion, smart, handsome, healthy, multi-talented
    homeowner, annual income 200,000 rmb

Looking for 1.6m, over 30 yrs old, pure, fair complexion, pretty, healthy, single woman. Teachers and doctors preferred

OMG. this is so weird. I can only pick out the words I know.
    --------------------------
    This is me on TV with the CCTV host xxx and government official yyy.
    41 yrs old, single, college degree
    doesn't smoke, drink or dance. fair complexion, smart, handsome, healthy, multi-talented
    homeowner, annual income 200,000 rmb

Looking for 1.6m, over 30 yrs old, pure, fair complexion, pretty, healthy, single woman. Teachers and doctors preferred
    thanks coco
    vivi

what ep is that? I dont remember watching such scene. See how much FF i did. That's why i dont like Tong Tong. She is always so mean to Chi Van. so does he see in her?
    can't find it for you now. I will get it for you tonight, ok?
    vivi

It is episode 24 from 6:00 to 10:23. Although he is older now, his adorable smiles and gestures remain unchanged over the years. Here's a link to watch the episode online. Enjoy!

http://www.qiyi.com/dianshiju/20100928/n80977.html

Thank you PippoGirl for getting the link to coco. Here is the link to White Robe of Love.

http://so.tudou.com/isearch/%E7%99%B...9%8B%E6%88%80/

Sorry, couldn't find a better quality link for the series. Perhaps, you have better luck than me. I am quite low tech.
    vivi

Thank you PippoGirl for getting the link to coco. Here is the link to White Robe of Love.

http://so.tudou.com/isearch/%E7%99%B...9%8B%E6%88%80/

Sorry, couldn't find a better quality link for the series. Perhaps, you have better luck than me. I am quite low tech.

Hi Vivi, you're very welcome and thank you for the link to Dylan K's movie. Since you said it's good, I'll give it a try. But I might not get to it immediately since I'm currently watching a series with Julian Cheung and another series with Bosco Wong. Hopefully, I can start on Dylan K's soon after that. Will let you know after I watch it. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    It is episode 24 from 6:00 to 10:23. Although he is older now, his adorable smiles and gestures remain unchanged over the years. Here's a link to watch the episode online. Enjoy!

http://www.qiyi.com/dianshiju/20100928/n80977.html
    Thanks. I really did miss this part. By ep 24 I just skipped around.
    This is cute but my favorite scene is when ChiVan went to a 7-11 to buy pads for Tong Tong. He was studying the labels when the store clerk stood there staring at him. He was so embarrassed.

december_snow, Single Princess with eng subs is already out. It did get good reviews in china and high ratings too. It also attracted a wider audience (older ppl), not just the young idol-worship kids. So it is considered a success in china. But it may not be well-received outside china. JL is also getting more offers for series/movies.

http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/...sandBlindDate#
    Last edited by ladycoco; 10-26-10 at 12:17 PM.

coco : wow...
    high rating, right???
    i havent finished watching
    its true that like u all say its boring??

Quote Originally Posted by Jl_lovers View Post
    coco : wow.
    high rating, right???
    i havent finished watching
    its true that like u all say its boring??
    well, the middle part of it is more about the 4 girls finding husbands. It's not like MLS with all the ups and downs and grab your attention. It's light-hearted and the female lead is plain. Most of the criticisms are at her. but it was indeed the highest rated series in its timeslot in china according to the news. I guess match-making is very popular in china now and older audience like it.