Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerLZY View Post
    Yes, the ending wasn't tears-worthy. But I think when Cherrie gave her speech about every in the family in the last episode, it was kind of sad.
    gosh.....I bawled at that scene!
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    Hi Linchoo, I am taking my time on this and saving the last 2 episodes for tomorrow night. As for MLS, I can't even recall how many times I've watched it but I know it was so many that my family thought I was crazy (the subsequent times are just specific scenes I like most though). In fact, I even have some fanmade MV videos from MLS that I keep on my Iphone and keep watching over and over.
    oh I love MLS. I have the dvds! but the scene that always made me cry was the one where he sat at the bar in his house drinking a glass of wine and speaking to his brother's picture. I felt so sad for him that I wanted to cry with him every time I watch it!
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by [U]sa[g]i View Post
    @ladycoco: what is parachuting mean?
    I got this out of a dictionary: Parachute is a folding, umbrella-like, fabric device with cords supporting a harness or straps for allowing a person, object, package, etc., to float down safely through the air from a great height, especially from an aircraft, rendered effective by the resistance of the air that expands it during the descent and reduces the velocity of its fall.

Parachutes usually don't have any power. People just jump out of airplanes wearing them and land safely on the ground. That's why I don't know what a power-parachute is. The movie Flying with You is about power-parachuting. Jimmy is a power-parachute coach. that's what i got out of the press release. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    no coco, I am referring to this site: http://www.viikii.net
    I'll look at this site this weekend and see if they can sub RS.
    Last edited by ladycoco; 11-03-11 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linchoo View Post
    Welcome to the forum Nhung!!
    PippoGirl, take your time enjoy RS. I have finished watching it last night (marathon for 5 ep in a night) Its not as teary as MLS but a little touching here and there (hmm.. the feeling its complicated when you watching it). And now i feel like crying cos dunno when can see Jimmy acting in drama series d.. hahahaa...
    Perhaps its time for me to see MLS the 3rd time!!
    the ending actually made me feel angry sometimes!

maybe you should start with The Legendary Siblings and work you way to MLS and the to RS again (I won't dare to suggest Single Princess though ), coz it will be awhile before JL will have another idol series out!
    Last edited by viv1010; 11-03-11 at 03:52 PM.
    vivi

ok....too much talk about MLS.....now I can't get the song Dui Wang out of my head! I needed to focus on work here! Somebody help!

Maybe I need to talk more about MLS to get it out of my system. Or should talk more about RS and override MLS. But wait.....I had the song Color running across my mind all night last night. Could barely sleep because of that!
    Last edited by viv1010; 11-03-11 at 02:46 PM.
    vivi

Vivi, too funny, you must have heard Dui wang many many times, huh?
    about me, these days, im too excited with Jimmy and RS, so i dreamed of him, i saw that i came to his liveshow, haha
    btw, the scence which makes me wanna cry is when Tian xi and A Xing were arrested and... oh dont know how to say, when Tian xi and A Xing in fire house....^^ both of them cry a lot

the ending actually made me feel angry sometimes!

maybe you should start with The Legendary Siblings and work you way to MLS and the to RS again (I won't dare to suggest Single Princess though ), coz it will be awhile before JL will have another idol series out!
    I agreed, its a bit angry watching it sometimes but well, i felt entertained.. heheee..
    I just finished watching Tian Long Ba Bu and follow by The Legendary Siblings (the one with Tae) and then RS.. so now got to repeat the cycle and watch MLS.. besides that any nice series by Jimmy to suggest?? the Single Princess will watch again mayb 1 o 2 years later ba.. havent buy the dvd yet cos im waiting for the price to drop. (sorry for being mean).

I Love watching MLS and i can start crying when the music of "wo men de ji nian" start and the scene that i cried non stop is when Tian Jun die. I still feel so sad mention it. Btw just to share with you all that for me to remember MLS forever, i name my son Tian Qi (of course different surname and writing in chinese character). So im seeing and kissing Tian Qi everyday.. hahahaa
    4eVer LOVE jImmY

I agreed, its a bit angry watching it sometimes but well, i felt entertained.. heheee..
    I just finished watching Tian Long Ba Bu and follow by The Legendary Siblings (the one with Tae) and then RS.. so now got to repeat the cycle and watch MLS.. besides that any nice series by Jimmy to suggest?? the Single Princess will watch again mayb 1 o 2 years later ba.. havent buy the dvd yet cos im waiting for the price to drop. (sorry for being mean).

I Love watching MLS and i can start crying when the music of "wo men de ji nian" start and the scene that i cried non stop is when Tian Jun die. I still feel so sad mention it. Btw just to share with you all that for me to remember MLS forever, i name my son Tian Qi (of course different surname and writing in chinese character). So im seeing and kissing Tian Qi everyday.. hahahaa
    oh Linchoo.....you are too funny! I envy you! I want to kiss Tian Qi every day too! You should name your second son Zhi Yin in Chinese and Jimmy in English!

Have you seen The Legendary Siblings I (with Alex Su)? There is also the Lotus Lantern that Jimmy was in. I am having a hard time finishing The Romantic Swordman. I have the dvds but gosh....just don't like the female lead and the storyline is so so.

Oh, there is a Korean drama...."Secret Garden" that is pretty good. No Jimmy though.
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by [U]sa[g]i View Post
    Vivi, too funny, you must have heard Dui wang many many times, huh?
    about me, these days, im too excited with Jimmy and RS, so i dreamed of him, i saw that i came to his liveshow, haha
    btw, the scence which makes me wanna cry is when Tian xi and A Xing were arrested and... oh dont know how to say, when Tian xi and A Xing in fire house....^^ both of them cry a lot
    Phoung, next time you dream about attending one of Jimmy's live shows.....dream it with me in it as well? I have dreamt about Jimmy a few times..and they were all so sweet that I didn't want to wake up! I got so mad at myself for waking up from the dream!

yes, the fire scene on MLS was heartbreaking.
    vivi

oh Linchoo.....you are too funny! I envy you! I want to kiss Tian Qi every day too! You should name your second son Zhi Yin in Chinese and Jimmy in English!

Have you seen The Legendary Siblings I (with Alex Su)? There is also the Lotus Lantern that Jimmy was in. I am having a hard time finishing The Romantic Swordman. I have the dvds but gosh....just don't like the female lead and the storyline is so so.

Oh, there is a Korean drama...."Secret Garden" that is pretty good. No Jimmy though.
    Hi Vivi, i did propose the name Zhi ying before but rejected by my hubby.. hahaha and it dont match my husband surname at all.. i dont like the english name Jimmy as well. I only like JIMMY LIN ZHI YING (either one word to be missed) hehehee..
    I have seen The Legendary Siblings 1 & 2 (twice already)& Lotus Latern. The Master Swordsman Lu Xiaofeng also wtached d but i dont really like his look and the story. Im looking for the Shaolin Shi Quan Qi 2 but could not find. Do let me know if i can find it on youtube ya!!

I will consider your suggestion to watch "Secret Garden". Btw, have anyone seen Taiwan idol series Autumn's Concerto ( 下一站, 幸福)?? Its very nice and touching. Its one of my top list idol series. Im sure you all will like it since we have same taste!!
    4eVer LOVE jImmY

@Vivi: i just dream of jimmy 2times, the first time was very sweet :">, hehe, wish can go with you^^
    @linchoo: haha, you're too funny, i want kiss Tian xi too^^. btw, secret garden is a good suggestion, you will love everything of it, the story, the roles... and will miss alot when finish watching

movie poster: If I Were You
    will premiere Jan 18, 2012

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/84f7c300jw1dmshzmf187j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6cad35d3jw1dmr1cl9p64j.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/5fe0e4fbjw1dms0iljikfj.jpg')

Hi Vivi, i did propose the name Zhi ying before but rejected by my hubby.. hahaha and it dont match my husband surname at all.. i dont like the english name Jimmy as well. I only like JIMMY LIN ZHI YING (either one word to be missed) hehehee..
    I have seen The Legendary Siblings 1 & 2 (twice already)& Lotus Latern. The Master Swordsman Lu Xiaofeng also wtached d but i dont really like his look and the story. Im looking for the Shaolin Shi Quan Qi 2 but could not find. Do let me know if i can find it on youtube ya!!

I will consider your suggestion to watch "Secret Garden". Btw, have anyone seen Taiwan idol series Autumn's Concerto ( 下一站, 幸福)?? Its very nice and touching. Its one of my top list idol series. Im sure you all will like it since we have same taste!!
    I've only watch a little bit of the Master Swordsman....totally dislike JL's mustache look! Don't even know where I could find the series online to watch it! On my earlier note, I mentioned the Romantic Swordman, that is a different serie. JL is always dressed in white clothes.....made him looked very handsome. But I have find the interest to finish the series cuz' I didn't like the female lead and the storyline was so so.

oh I loved Autumn Concerto. I bawled so much though! The storyline is quite good. I also like White Robe of Love 白袍之戀, but I don't like the ending that much. The Frog Prince is quite good too.

I'm currently watching 步步惊心 / Bu Bu Jing Xin; Also known as: Startling by Each Step, and I think it is quite good. So, you might want to check it out.

http://www.viki.com/channels/2978-st...ing-xin/videos
    Last edited by viv1010; 11-05-11 at 08:12 PM.
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by ZerLZY View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6cad35d3jw1dmr1cl9p64j.jpg')
    ZZ, what is that award for?
    vivi

hey girls....I think they have finally going to upload RS to their site! Maybe when it's all uploaded we can all chip in to help with the English translation. Plz check it out. I think as long as you sign up with an acct, you can help translate the subtitle into English.

I think they have finish subtitling ep. 1 and 2. And 75% of ep. 3 (I helped sub part of that. ). So, non-Chinese speaking fans go watch to your hearts content!

http://www.viki.com/channels/2268
    Last edited by viv1010; 11-05-11 at 09:05 AM.
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by conanghatde2811 View Post
    it's so difficult to reply to all of you in English. I can understand what you wrote, but to reply.....
    anyway, nice to meet everyone.
    to pipo: Yeah, Im from Vietnam, Vietnam has a big change!! you are Chinese and, know Vietnamese, so amazing (like Phuong =)))
    and do you know Jimmy box in dienanh.net???
    I have so many things to write ..
    so happy to meet you all...................
    Thanks, Nhung. By the way, I think your English writing is very good so no worries. Maybe you should write to us more often if you'd like to practice writing English...we're all foreigners so don't be hesitant or shy.

As for Jimmy Box, I've never been aware of it but I will visit the site and check it out. Thanks!

ZZ, what is that award for?
    Coco, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was an award honoring Lin BaBa for his contribution to the community and for his charity work, and Jimmy was accepting it on his father's behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by PippoGirl View Post
    Coco, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was an award honoring Lin BaBa for his contribution to the community and for his charity work, and Jimmy was accepting it on his father's behalf.
    Yes you r right. 林爸榮獲<更生保護會>特別貢獻獎 The award is for Lin Baba's contribution to the organization that helps ex-convicts return to society after they are released from prison. I remember I read an article about Lin Baba's lifelong involvement with this organization, contributing money and time. Lin Baba said ex-convicts are forgotten by society. No one wants to help them.
    Last edited by ladycoco; 11-05-11 at 03:54 PM.

hey girls....I think they have finally going to upload RS to their site! Maybe when it's all uploaded we can all chip in to help with the English translation. Plz check it out. I think as long as you sign up with an acct, you can help translate the subtitle into English.

I think they have finish subtitling ep. 1 and 2. And 75% of ep. 3 (I helped sub part of that. ). So, non-Chinese speaking fans go watch to your hearts content!

http://www.viki.com/channels/2268
    I signed up and tried to translate but it says the video has to be segmented first. Not sure what it means. will try again later.