Page 5 of 581 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

hi botan! Glad that you can join us! I like the story of DGSD but I don't like the version with Jimmy very much at all. You should either read the novel or see other versions if you want to have a better idea about the story. I like Jimmy very much too but I don't like most of the series that he is in.I only like BLD so far and may really like Liu San Bian too.

I own practically all of his albums. His albums are hard to get now though. I like his album Qu Zou Zou, Huo Re De Xin, Xiang Zuo Tian Shuo Zai Jian, and some others. Those are just some of my favorite albums of him. I think he may be releasing his newest album late this year.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Thanks for the welcome Trinie ! I've seen the 97 version of DGSD that TVB produced and I definately like that version a lot better than the 03 one. The storyline in the 97 version was a lot easier to follow. Even though I know the background of the story I still get confused with the events in the 03 version. The series gives me this feeling that the story is a bit distrubing and twisted. Is it like that in the novel or it's just the way the 03 version portrays the story.

So all of his other series aren't good? Well, I will just watch he new series then. What is BLD? I'm kind of slow with these abbreviations, someone will have to fill me in on them .

Thanks for the album recommendations too Trinie. Yeah, his albums are hard to get now especially the old ones. I checked Yesasia.com and most his cds are out of stock. There's a a two disc compilation I saw that was in stock. Do you know if it's good? I will be looking forward to his new album but the end of the year is a long ways . When was the last time he released an album anways?

Thanks for the info about Jimmy's stunt work, Trinie. I think I will appreciate his dedication that much more while watching this series.

I haven't heard many of Jimmy's songs, just the Legendary Siblings one and the ending theme of LSB. Both are very good, though my favorite is the LS one. Do you have any other song recommendations of Jimmy's for us? Thanks in advance.

Hiya botan! You're more than welcome to join us in this thread. It would be cool if you watched Jimmy's new series Shu Jian Qing Xia Liu San Bian. Then we would have more people to discuss it with while we all view it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hi Botan! Glad to see you here!! Yea, I heard that the 97 version is the most accurate to the novel. A number of people really like the 2003 version. I personally didn't really like it that much. I think it is over-rated.I didn't see all of the 2003 version so I don't know how accurate it is to the novel. I heard that it is but not as accurate as the 97 version.

I personally didn't like most of his other series because they are mostly remakes. I didn't like JDSJ at all. BLD is Bao Lian Deng. That is sort of a remake too but I enjoyed it more then his other series. Yea, his old albums are hard to get. You can email me at [email protected] and I can tell you where to get them if you want. He hasn't released an album since 2000.The latest album that he released is Qu zou Zou in 2000.The complilation would be good to get if you don't have any of his albums, but it would be a big waste of money if you have all his albums. He has said that he will release a new album late this year. But he has said that many many times too so lets see if he does...

Hey lady Zhu Ge, You are welcome!It's the least I can do. Can you please let me know the direct link for the second half of Liu San Bian when it comes out? Thanks in advance. Yea, I know I will really appreciate the series since he had to sacrifice a lot to complete it. A lot of the fighting is hand to hand so it should be really good.

I have all of his albums so I have heard pretty much all of his songs. The themesong for JDSJ is Kuai le Zhi Shang. I like the song Dao Cao ren more. That is the song at the end when Theresa was leaving him.... Yea, I like a lot of Jimmy's songs. Some of the ones that I really like are(these are just songs on his albums and are not theme or subsongs):
    -Xiang Zuo Tian Shuo Zai Jian(title of his last album before leaving for the army in summer of 94).
    -Yi Bei Ca Fei De Shi Jian(first song on Qu Zou Zou)
    -Dao Cao ren(title of his album released in 99, subsong of JDSJ)
    -Xin Yun(one of his songs on Huo Re De Xin, 94).
    that's all I can remember for now... There are many other songs too.... Hope that helps for now.....If you guys have questions please email or PM me.

I hope that more people can watch Liu San Bian so that we can all talk about it. I plan on doing an episode guide so that people who haven't seen it yet can know what is going on....

I just went to the 1088 site and was going to order Liu San Bian but shipping was $15!! I heard that shipping is cheaper when you buy more, so I will wait until part 2 comes out and get them both at the same time to save on shipping. The price isn't bad but gosh is the shipping high. But the shipping still isn't as bad as layoyo's rates...
    Last edited by Trinie; 06-08-04 at 06:21 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hi there Trinie and Lady Zhuge!!!

I would love to watch Shu Jian Qing Xia Liu San Bian and discuss it with you guys but first I need to find out if it's been released on video in the US yet.

Yeah, I agree. The 03 version isn't really that great. I've seen better adaptions. The only thing is that it's a grand production but other than that nothing spectacular.

I think I might just get the compilation for now since I don't have any of his albums. Hopefully this year he will definately release an album instead of delaying it. I just hope he doesn't stop his singing career. Seems like right now acting is his focus.

Even though I don't have any of his albums but I have a few of his songs. I like both the Legendary Siblings songs also. I also like Ni Dao Di Ai Shui, Tu Rang Hau Shiang Ni, Li Ming Po Xiao Qian, Wo Bu Hou Hui, and the theme for The Po Lien Lantern.

Wow, $15 shipping is quite high !

Hi botan!

I am still debating on whether to get Liu San Bian now or wait until other sites will have it for a better shipping rate. Do you watch series in Viet or Chinese? if you watch series in Viet, than you will not be able to see Liu San Bian for awhile.

Yea, I didn't really like the 03 version based on what I saw that much.It is a grand production, that's pretty much all it is. Many people even argued with me just because I didn't like it as much... Gosh, people need to learn how to respect other people's opinions and views.

Yea, Jimmy has been delaying the release of his album for a long long time. Don't worry, he won't give up on his singing. He is just too busy since he also races, so he doesn't have time to sing. But he still loves to sing and said that he won't give up on it. He also started out as a singer and will never forget that.

The shipping rate at $15 is really high.. The rates at layoyo are even more ridiculous....

Hi Trinie!!!

I would prefer to watch Liu San Bian in Chinese. I haven't had a chance to go to the rental store yet, so I'm not sure if it's been released on video where I live.

I've seen the shipping rates on layoyo and it is quite high. I usually get my stuff at Yesasia.com, their shipping rates are pretty reasonable and if you buy $39+ you can get free shipping. I checked Yesasia but so far they don't have Liu San Bian.

I just finished up DGSD. Gosh it was quite painful to watch. I definately don't like the series at all. When I got half way through I was dieing for the series to just end. Jimmy hardly got any screentime towards the last half of the series. The series was poorly edited, a lot scene were cut out, which made the story even more confusing. After watching the series, I dislike the storyline now.

Glad to hear he's not giving up his singing career.

Hey botan!!
    Glad to hear from you! I like watching series in Chinese too. I wonder if Jimmy is dubbed in Liu san Bian. Oh yea, guess what?? I just checked Yesasia.com and they finally have Liu san Bian!! But the only thing is they say that Eps 1-24 are the full set while Lady Zhu Ge says that this series has 41 eps. I don't think this series has 41 eps since they filmed it in a very short period of time.
    After seeing just some of the China version of DGSD, I will not even see it again since I didn't like it very much. I still like the actual storyline and must say that it is one of JY's best novels in my opinion. Just because that series isn't good doesn't mean the actual novel or storyline is bad.
    Yea, he has not given up on his singing career and will release an album sooner or later.

I have up to episode 24 of this series and it is definitely far from over. There are 41 episodes in total according to the series itself.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hmm, quite confusing with this 24 and 41 episode thing. Maybe they decided to split the releases, releasing the first episodes and then the last half later on. I think that's what they did with Ru Lai Shen Zhang since I remembered I saw a part 1 and 2 to that series at Yesasia. I don't think I will be able to watch it until August or September since I have summer classes now .

So you have watched up to episode 24 already Lady Zhuge? How do you like it so far?

When I saw the 97 version of DGSD, I liked the storyline but when I watched the 03 version, the series made me dislike the story. But I guess the storyline is okay but there are some things in there that are a bit strange.

No, I've only watched up to episode 12 so far. Blame that on the simultaneous watching of several other series.
    Anyway, I like it so far. It's a bit mysterious in regards to the true motives of certain characters and their backgrounds. I've heard from someone who has watched the 24 episodes that have been released so far that it really starts to drag in the middle. I guess I will have to see for myself.
    Anyway, Jimmy is so cute as usual. At the end of the opening clip, you can see him doing this sword/finger slashing action in slow-motion and he just looks so cool. There's also another character in this series who reminds me a bit of Johnny Depp. That's never a bad thing either.
    Ho Mei Tian's Chong Chong is great comic relief while I find Hu Ke's Chu Chu to be rather dull.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi guys! I just ordered the first half of this series the other day. I really hope that it isn't too bad... When series are long, they tend to drag. I really hope it won't drag too much. I have a feeling it will be still be a good series to watch but lets see. I have promised to do an episode guide for everyone too, so I hope this series will not disappoint me...

Hi all!!!

Yeah, I usually don't buy series, I always rent them first and if I like it a lot I will purchase them. That would be really nice of you to do episode guides Trinie .

I can never do that, watch different series at a time. I usually get confused so I have to watch one series at a time. The series sounds really cool. Now I want to watch it even more . So they've only released the first half of the series, right? When will they release the second part? I've seen some screenshots of Jimmy and he looks very dashing. How's his acting so far?

Hey guys! I'm not sure when they'll release the second part. At Yesasia, they have episodes 1-24 and then it's marked "end", which is really weird.

The thing about watching a lot of different series at the same time is that I tend to put them all off and it takes me awhile just to finish one. I usually watch more of what has me the most interested and right now, this series is not it.

Yes, Jimmy is very dashing. I think his acting is typical, as is his role.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yea I will do an episode guide... I wonder about that at Yesasia too... They put this series as vol 1-24(END) which is really confusing me. I will find out when I get it. I usually don't buy series either but there are some that I want to see right away so I get them. I usually rent them first to see if they are good, then if I like them I will buy it. If not then I won't since it would be a waste of money and space.

I also don't watch several series at one time since I get confused. I usually finish one and then go on to the next one. I wonder when they will release the second part as well...

Yeah, I watch one series at a time and then go on to the next one. I tried watching three at time this one time and got the storyline and characters mixed up between the series. So the max for me is two series.

Are you guys watching any other series? Anything interesting?

I think it's actually smarter to watch one series at a time, since you can fully concentrate on it, finish it in due time, and then move on to the next one. Watching more than one doesn't really save you any time and it takes longer to finish all of them. But...I just can't rid myself of this bad habit since I'm curious about many different series and have not the patience to wait.

Aside from LSB, I'm currently watching The Great General, The DoMD 1984, and Files of Justice. They are all pretty old, but still very good. I will also be starting a Korean series called Stairway to Heaven soon, as I have heard a lot of praise for it. How about you, botan? Are you watching anything interesting?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Sorry i am kinda slow... what series are you guys talking about?
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

Originally posted by LilyPhuong
    Sorry i am kinda slow... what series are you guys talking about?
    Shu Jian Qing Xia Liu San Bian
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-25-04 at 07:40 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    I think it's actually smarter to watch one series at a time, since you can fully concentrate on it, finish it in due time, and then move on to the next one. Watching more than one doesn't really save you any time and it takes longer to finish all of them. But...I just can't rid myself of this bad habit since I'm curious about many different series and have not the patience to wait.
    Agreed. That is another good point about watching one series at a time.

What's the Great General about and what production is it? I haven't heard of the series before. DOMD 84 and Files of Justice is TVB, right? I've never watched any Korean or Japanese series before. How are they? I heard that they are pretty good. I would like to try a few sometime but I don't know where to get a hold of them.

I'm currently not watching anything. I'm taking summer classes so I don't really have the chance to watch any series. If I start a series and it's really interesting then I will go on a marathon where I watch it non stop continuously. If I watch series during school then I will get distracted from studying. I'm just curious to know what everyone is watching to see if there is anything interesting and maybe I will add the series to my "must see" list for August.
    Last edited by botan; 06-25-04 at 05:44 PM.