Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swordfighting Doubles Tournament:

Originally posted by Vash|7ds
    i thought the jade maiden technique was a defensive skill, where each compensated for one another's weakness. The fight between GLFW, yg + xln (using Jade Maiden) couldn't defeat him. It only mentioned that the technique was suprior but had no intention of killing their adversary..? So i always thought Jade Maiden was an invincible defensive swordplay.
    It is? If it is then it would be horrible. SMCS waits for the opponent to strike first and with YG and XLN, they can't start because it is a defensive stance. So they three end up staring at ecah other waiting for an attack.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Invincible defence? Feng Qing Yang would have something to say about that!

Originally posted by CC
    Invincible defence? Feng Qing Yang would have something to say about that!
    Guess now there is going to be a double tournament of FQY and LHC against XLN and YG.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by charbydis
    But the Gu Long guys never fight for long.
    Generally because they don't need to. Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl might not get the chance to set up the Jade Maiden Sword Formation.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl might not get the chance to set up the Jade Maiden Sword Formation.
    agree... however the comparasion of GL & JY fighters are unbalance in the first place.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

I need more information.

We know how well YGS and Simon is individually at the end of Book 3 of the LSF series. (Coincidentally, is Moin translating the third book?)

But is there any instances in the book where YGS or Simon team up with another person to fight an enemy or many enemies?

This would be instructive into how they work in a team setting i.e. do they concentrate on their own immediate opponent or do they work in tandem, covering each others mistakes etc?

We know how well XLN and YG worked together, almost on an instinct feel for each other's strength and weakness. Would this "teamwork" compensate for their weaker martial arts as compared to the GL duo?

We wouldn't know unless we can predict how the GL duo fight in a team.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    I need more information.

We know how well YGS and Simon is individually at the end of Book 3 of the LSF series. (Coincidentally, is Moin translating the third book?)

But is there any instances in the book where YGS or Simon team up with another person to fight an enemy or many enemies?

This would be instructive into how they work in a team setting i.e. do they concentrate on their own immediate opponent or do they work in tandem, covering each others mistakes etc?

We know how well XLN and YG worked together, almost on an instinct feel for each other's strength and weakness. Would this "teamwork" compensate for their weaker martial arts as compared to the GL duo?

We wouldn't know unless we can predict how the GL duo fight in a team.
    I think both of them are too proud, too arrogant and too full of themselves being the sword gods that they are to actually work together. So they might be fighting the same enemy but they won't be covering each others butts.

Who is Simon?
    Cyril Connolly

Who is Simon?
    Sai Mun Chui Sheut, sometimes known as "Simon the Snow Blower".

Eventhough YGC and XMCS may not work together to cover each other's butt, but if they move to attack together at the same time, I doubt YG and XLN have much chance.

Originally posted by rabadi
    Eventhough YGC and XMCS may not work together to cover each other's butt, but if they move to attack together at the same time, I doubt YG and XLN have much chance.
    Unless they get a bit too cocky and decide to go solo against YG and XLN since they think they are so much more superior. XMCS and YGC might be bickering amongst themselves who the heck should take out YG and XLN and end up taking each other out, maybe?

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    Unless they get a bit too cocky and decide to go solo against YG and XLN since they think they are so much more superior. XMCS and YGC might be bickering amongst themselves who the heck should take out YG and XLN and end up taking each other out, maybe?
    They polish off Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl first, then get down to business and try to kill each other!

Seriously, however, a few of you are underestimating Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing's character. Yes, both had huge egos (so did Yeung Gor, remember?), but neither of them was *stupid*. Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing were not the kind of people to lose sight of the big picture just over some petty ego issues. These guys were professionals, and they took care of business. If the objective is to defeat Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl, then they'll do it as quickly and as efficiently as they can.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    They polish off Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl first, then get down to business and try to kill each other!

Seriously, however, a few of you are underestimating Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing's character. Yes, both had huge egos (so did Yeung Gor, remember?), but neither of them was *stupid*. Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing were not the kind of people to lose sight of the big picture just over some petty ego issues. These guys were professionals, and they took care of business. If the objective is to defeat Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl, then they'll do it as quickly and as efficiently as they can.
    True, If thats the case then I can see YGC going straight after XLN quickly taking her out of the picture with his Tian Wai Fei Xian and XMCS slugging it out with YG for a moment. Once YG sees that XLN is hurt, he'd be pissed, worried, lose concentration and subsequently get his a$$ handed to him by XMCS while YGC is there trying to check out YG's chick.

... while YGC is there trying to check out YG's chick.
    Nah, Yip Goo Sing wasn't into the ladies. Show him one of those paper crowns like the ones that kids get at Burger King, however, and he might start chasing it.

Once YG sees that XLN is hurt, he'd be pissed, worried, lose concentration and subsequently get his a$$ handed to him by XMCS while YGC is there trying to check out YG's chick.
    Well, maybe he will, maybe he won't. I tend to think that if XLN was hurt or even killed, YG would get the greatest sadness he could ever get, and in the process he could unleash Sad Palms to the fullest. That being said, I however still doubt that YG would not get his arm chopped by either XMCS or YGC in the next few strokes.

Moreover, since for the purpose of this discussion we limit YG to the condition prior to losing one of his arms (which means he did not know Sad Palms by then), YG and XLN will pretty much lose no matter which way the fight goes, IMHO.

Originally posted by rabadi
    Well, maybe he will, maybe he won't. I tend to think that if XLN was hurt or even killed, YG would get the greatest sadness he could ever get, and in the process he could unleash Sad Palms to the fullest. That being said, I however still doubt that YG would not get his arm chopped by either XMCS or YGC in the next few strokes.

Moreover, since for the purpose of this discussion we limit YG to the condition prior to losing one of his arms (which means he did not know Sad Palms by then), YG and XLN will pretty much lose no matter which way the fight goes, IMHO.
    Even if we were to talk about YG at the end of ROCH, XLN would still be the weak link and still more of a hindrance to YG than anything else. I might be underestimating XLN though. The best strategy against YG and XLN will still be to take out XLN first injuring her and not killing her (killing her would then turn YG into the Hulk which is not good) which will cause YG to lose concentration for he will be concerned with the well being of XLN and then ganging up on YG. YG as good as he is will still get his gluteous maximus handed to him on a plate by the combined attacking force of YGC and XMCS.

But doesn't SMCS have something against fighting with women? (from TVB's 78 version when he avoids Sun Xiu Qing's chops but doesn't attack her)

The GL guys would end up trying to avoid XLN's blows and slice up YG, while not getting XLN injured in the process since they are not supposed to attack her.
    Cyril Connolly

But doesn't SMCS have something against fighting with women? (from TVB's 78 version when he avoids Sun Xiu Qing's chops but doesn't attack her)
    Sai Mun Chui Sheut also famously said during that same occassion that once a woman picks up a sword, then she is no longer a woman to him (in other words, she becomes fair game for his sword).

Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere that YGS and SMCS were once surrounded in the imperial palace and a guard said something like 3000 elite guards will not be enough to take them on if they were to team up!

If YG and XLN were to use the ultimate jade maiden stance do you guys think it would be sufficient to knock out all those imperial guards?

Please discuss

Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere that YGS and SMCS were once surrounded in the imperial palace and a guard said something like 3000 elite guards will not be enough to take them on if they were to team up!

If YG and XLN were to use the ultimate jade maiden stance do you guys think it would be sufficient to knock out all those imperial guards?

Please discuss
    Simple, use diferrent mental note when reading.

Gu Long is known for his out-of-this-world novels' characters. This is one of the most interesting part of his novels.

Jin Yong is known for his grandeur story making. But his novels' characters are more down to earth.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato