Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Chapter 42. Fight at Shaolin Part 2.

Wow! Granny Yu's internal energy is formidable enough for her to essentially IGNORE 50% of Shaolin's most powerful monk's internal energy?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Wow! Granny Yu's internal energy is formidable enough for her to essentially IGNORE 50% of Shaolin's most powerful monk's internal energy?
    If this was Gu Long and it was some young maiden instead of a Granny, you bet clothes would be ripped even if the body did not move.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

hehehe, well said CC! clothers ripping is common in GL's

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    If this was Gu Long and it was some young maiden instead of a Granny, you bet clothes would be ripped even if the body did not move.
    And if it was Huang Shengyi, even if the body didn't move, the powerful energy would have 'pierced her body to the core'.

Chapter 42 continued.

In the meantime, Duan Yu was not the least distracted by the presence of the Ling Jiu Palace members on the mountain and concentrated on deploying his Shang Yang Sword Stance to continually attack Murong Fu.

At this juncture, Murong Fu had completely lost his awareness of the incoming vectors of the invisible Sword Chi barrage that was assaulting him. He could only wield the Judge Pen and Hook like a solid rainproof barrier to protect his whole body.

With a sudden ‘Chi’ sound, Duan Yu’s Sword Chi had penetrated his defence and pierced Murong Fu’s headdress, causing his hair to flay out in all directions and making him look extremely wretched.

Wang Yuyan shouted out in anxiety “Duan Gongzi! Please show mercy!”

Duan Yu’s heart shivered with cold and let out a long sigh, refraining from unleashing a second sword and withdrawing his arms back to his bosom. In his mind, he thought “I know what is in your heart, there is only your cousin, if I mistakenly killed him, you would grieve endlessly and never smile again. Duan loves and respects you and would never cause you to feel hurt.

Murong Fu’s face turned ashen, thinking that today’s defeat on Shao Shi Mountain was already a huge disgrace but to suffer the shame of having a woman plead on his behalf, how can he show his face in Jiang Hu again? Yelling loudly “A real man dies with principle! Who needs you to give way?” Brandishing his steel hook, he rushed straight at Duan Yu.

Duan Yu shook both his hands “We have no enmity, why should we fight? Lets Stop! Lets Stop!”

Murong Fu’s character was haughty and prideful and he had never held anyone in esteem. Today, he had suffered a crushing and helpless defeat to Duan Yu in front of such a big crowd, in addition, Wang Yuyan had to publicly plead for his life, how could he just let this go? He thrust the steel hook at Duan Yu’s face while the Judge Pen was aimed at his chest, thinking to himself “Just use your invisible sword chi to slay me, Ill take the gamble to perish together to achieve victory.” With his head-on attack, he had disregarded all thoughts of his own survival.

Duan Yu saw Murong Fu’s ferocious and reckless assault and was afraid that he might kill Murong Fu if he used the Liu Mai Shen Jian, and thus did not know what to do. He froze there blankly, not thinking of using the Ling Bo Wei Bu to escape the danger.

Murong Fu’s suicidal attack was extremely quick and the image of his body became a blur. With a ‘Pu’ sound, the Judge Pen in his right hand had already been stabbed into Duan Yu’s body. Faced with such danger, Duan Yu finally reacted and twisted his body to the left, avoiding injury to his chest and causing the Judge Pen to stab into his right shoulder. With a loud shout of ‘Ah!”, Duan Yu was frightened into a frozen stance.

Murong Fu then used the Hook in his left arm to jab at the back of Duan Yu’s head, this stroke of ‘Trawling for a Pin in the Vast Ocean” (Da Hai Lao Zhen) was a fierce and lethal stance from the Northen Ocean’s Tuo Ba* Clan’s Fisherman Hook Technique. This stance was derived from the myriad techniques of hooking fish from the ocean’s deeps and was extremely cruel and fierce.

Duan Zhen Chun and Divine Croc of the South Seas saw that the situation was urgent and both were prepared to rush forward again. In addition, Ba Tian Shi and Cui Bai Quan ran forward too. This time round, Murong Fu was determined to slay Duan Yu and was not prepared to fail even if it meant mortal danger to himself. Thus he ignored the attack of the 4 of them. Just as the sharp end of the steel hook was about to dig into the back of Duan Yu’s skull, he suddenly felt the Shen Dao accupoint at his back go numb and his body being lifted upwards. With his Shen Dao point captured, both his hands went numb and he could no longer hold on to the Steel Hook and Judge Pen. Xiao Feng’s voice could be heard shouting in a severe tone “Your life has been spared and in return with such underhand methods! What kind of Gentleman and Hero is this?”

It turned out that went Xiao Feng saw Murong Fu’s reckless charge, he thought that with his defences exposed, Duan Yu would have easily killed him with a single stance of Sword Chi. Who would have thought that Duan Yu would cease his attack at such a moment? Murong Fu’s attack showed wonderful technique and even though Duan Yu reacted fast in the end, it was not enough to save him from being injured by the Judge Pen. However, when Murong Fu followed up with that stance of “Trawling for a pin in the Vast Ocean”, Xiao Feng reacted and grabbed the Shen Dao accupoint on his back.

Even though Murong Fu’s kung fu was inferior to Xiao Feng, it was not so glaring that he could be trapped within one move. However, he was so engrossed in attempting to slay Duan Yu that he did not care about his own defence. Xiao Feng’s miraculous grappling technique had thus totally immobilized Murong Fu with one stroke.

Coming up next......

Big Daddy shows em why the Murong name can stomp-butt right up there with Northen Qiao Feng.

Last edited by CC; 10-03-07 at 01:47 PM.

What a huge loss of face for Murong Fu!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

even through MRF is inferior to XF, at least this paragraph clears that he wasn't so low,
    Even though Murong Fu’s kung fu was inferior to Xiao Feng, it was not so glaring that he could be trapped within one move. However, he was so engrossed in attempting to slay Duan Yu that he did not care about his own defence. Xiao Feng’s miraculous grappling technique had thus totally immobilized Murong Fu with one stroke.
    before, XF defeating MRF in one move was used to show him as a weak opponent, but at least we know it isn't true.

this also shows how amazing 6MDS is, and MRF should be closer to the xuan monks level by the fact he managed to hold on for so long.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

My home PC just expired on me yesterday. I hope the HD can be re-used. I won't be able to continue translating until I get a new PC.

Sorry for the delay.

Do what you can, when you can

Yay! I'm so glad you're translating this CC, I don't care if there's a slight delay, the fact that you're actually making an effort to update this is great!
    What's the reason you started this chapter?

Who's your favourite character? I love reading about Duan Yu, even if he's a little pathietic.
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

Quote Originally Posted by Morin'stal
    Who's your favourite character?
    For that, you'll have to consult chapter 38, coming to a thread near you.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    For that, you'll have to consult chapter 38, coming to a thread near you.
    Judging by the speed and accuracy of CC's translations, my guess would be Sweeper Monk, who has reached the peak of perfection in enlightenment.

BTW, are there going to be any more additions to that fanfic thread?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Judging by the speed and accuracy of CC's translations, my guess would be Sweeper Monk, who has reached the peak of perfection in enlightenment.

BTW, are there going to be any more additions to that fanfic thread?
    Sry, sweeper monk appear in late chapter 42 to chapter 43 from my memory.

The one alluded by PJ is obviously non other than the sword god.

But obviously you know the answer from your post.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Default DGSD Chapter 42. Continued.

Continued...

Xiao Feng was of huge stature, with long arms and legs. He hoisted Murong Fu up in mid-air just like a chick in the grasp of an eagle. Deng Bai Chun, Gongye Gan, Bao Butong and Feng Bo Er all sprinted forward yelling "Don't you dare harm our Master!" Even Wang Yuyan rushed out from the crowd, screaming "Cousin! Cousin!" Murong Fu seethed with anger and wished that he could die and escape such utter humiliation.

With a cold laugh, Xiao Feng retorted "I, Xiao am an upright man, to think that my name is grouped with you!"**. With a swing of his arm, he had tossed Murong Fu away.

**Xiao Feng was referring to the popular 'North Qiao Feng, South Murong' saying.

Murong Fu flew out in a straight line of over 70-80 feet before he landed and twisted upright to a stand. However, when Xiao Feng had grabbed his Shen Dao accupoint earlier, his inner energy had penetrated to various other meridians and in such a short instance, Murong Fu was unable to recirculate his inner energy to smoothen out the numbness in his limbs. Thus with a crash, he collasped spine first back into the ground in a totally embarassing posture.**

** Anyone starting to pity this poor sod yet?

Deng Bai Chun and company were rushing with utmost speed towards Murong Fu but before they arrived, Murong Fu had shifted his inner energy and flipped upright. His face was ashen as he reached out to grab Bao Butong's longsword out of his scabbard. Swinging his left arm out in a wide arc, he kept Deng Bai Chun and the rest at arm's length while his right arm swung around to bring the longsword back towards his own neck. Wang Yuyan screamed loudly "Cousin, no!"**

**Has anyone ever counted how many times in the novel Wang Yuyan shouted "Cousin!"?

At this very instance, there was a sudden loud cracking sound of the air being split as a projectile flew in from over 10 zhang straight across the open ground to knock the longsword from out of Murong Fu's hand with a 'Zheng' sound. As the longsword flew out, Murong Fu's palm was full of fresh blood as the skin had been split wide open.

Murong Fu lifted his head in surprise to look around and could see a gray robed monk standing on the slope, his face covered with a gray cloth.

That monk strided forward in huge steps and as he approached Murong Fu, he asked aloud "Do you have a son?" From his tone of his voice, he was evidently an old man.

Murong Fu replied "I am yet to be married, where would I beget a child?" The gray clothed monk then asked "Do you have any ancestors?" In anger, Murong Fu shouted "Of course I do! I wish to kill myself. What does that have to do with you? It is better to die than to be shamed. Murong Fu is a man! I will not take this kind of nonsensical talk!"

The gray robed monk retorted "Your high ancestors had sons, your great grandfather, your grandfather and father all had sons. You are the only one without! Hei Hei! To think that the Murong Clan of the Great Yan Dynasty who was made of illustrious heroes like Murong Ke, Murong Chui and Murong De would all be left with no descendants!"

Murong Ke, Murong Chui and Murong De were all famous heros and kings of the Yan Dynasty. Their might subdued the world as they acomplished great undertakings. All of them were Murong Fu's direct ancestors. His mind was in disarray as these names rang in his angered head but it was as if someone had woken him up with cold water. In his heart he thought "My late father had admonished me in earlier years to put the restoration of the Yan Dynasty as my life's quest. If I ended my life here today, the Murong Clan would end here and what would become of the quest to restore the Great Yan?" His back was filled with cold sweat as he prostrated himself on the ground, saying "Murong Fu lacked wisdom and has received valuable advice from Great Reverend. I will not forget this great benefactor."

The gray robed monk stood there to receive his bowing and said "Of all the ancients who acheived great deeds, which one of them did not have to go through thousands of hardships? The founders of the Han and Tang dynasty both suffered humiliation and hardship. If they were to follow your example and end their lives with a sword, they would have been a narrow minded rogue instead of Great Founding Fathers. You did not have to even go thru what Gou Jian and Han Xin did! How ignorant and stupid can you be!"

[**Gou Jian was the King of Yue who lived like a poor peasant for 10 years to remind himself of the humiliation he had to suffer at the State of Wu when he was a prisoner. He later conquered Wu in revenge. Han Xin was a general of Liu Bang (founder of Han Dynasty) who had to suffer the humiliation of crawling between a bully's legs in order to survive and fight another day. Hope I got this right, someone correct me if I am wrong. My Chinese history is crappy.]

Murong Fu knelt as he received the lecture, his heart was in shock as he thought "This Great Reverend knows the ambition in my heart, using the names of the Ancestor of Han, Tang and other Founding Ancestors to wake me up". He answered "Murong Fu knows his mistakes!" The monk said "Stand up" as Murong Fu kow-towed 3 times in succession before standing up.

The Gray Robed monk continued "The martial arts of your Gusu Murong family is divine and mighty, matchless in the world. It is only that you have not mastered them sufficiently. Do you really think that they cannot compare with the Dali Duan Clan's Liu Mai Shen Jian? Observe carefully!" Stretching out his finger, he lightly tapped the air 3 times.

At this instance, Duan Zhen Chun and Ba Tian Shi were standing next to Duan Yu. Duan Zhen Chun was using his Yiyang Zhi seal the meridians around Duan Yu's injury while Ba Tian Shi prepared to pull the Judge Pen out of the wound. Who would imagine that as the Gray Robed Monk pointed his finger, both their chests went numb and they both fell down as the Judge Pen from Duan Yu's shoulder flew backwards out of the wound and with a 'Pai' was embedded into the ground. After Duan Zhen Chun and Ba Tian Shi fell down, they urgently flipped upright in astonishment. The Gray Robed Monk had cleary shown restraint or those 2 light dabs with the finger would have taken both their lives on the spot.

[**Gou Jian was the King of Yue who lived like a poor peasant for 10 years to remind himself of the humiliation he had to suffer at the State of Wu when he was a prisoner. He later conquered Wu in revenge. Han Xin was a general of Liu Bang (founder of Han Dynasty) who had to suffer the humiliation of crawling between a bully's legs in order to survive and fight another day. Hope I got this right, someone correct me if I am wrong. ]
    Thanks for the translation! Yes, you're 100% right. I even checked with Wikipedia

thanks for translating this portion...i remember the upcoming portion didn't make any sense to me at all whenever i watched the tv series. hopefully it will now

Just a bit more for today. I got stumped trying to translate 'Yi Bi Zhi Dao, Huan Shi Bi Shen' and got lazy.

(Continued)

The Gray-Robed Monk spoke, "This is your Murong Family's 'Canhe Zhi'! In the past, old monk managed to learn it from your forebearers but I only half understood its intricacies and only mastered it to a superficial level. Who knows how many more of the Murong Clan's divine kung fu there is? Hei, Hei! Did you think that with your kind of youthful inexperience, you would be able to lay down the foundations of the Great Murong Family's "Through Ways of Others, To Render Upon Themselves**" (Yi Bi Zhi Dao, Huan Shi Bi Shen) mighty reputation?"

**It is really hard to translate the poetic nature of 'Yi Bi Zhi Dao, Huan Shi Bi Shen' into English. I am open for suggestions.

The gathered heroes had originally been long awed by the legendary name of 'Gusu Murong' but they had witnessed Murong Fu's defeat by Duan Yu and then again by Xiao Feng. In their hearts they had thought "The mighty reputation does not stand up to scrutiny! Although it cannot be said to be totally undeserved, it is also nothing earth-shaking or world dominating." However, after witnessing the Gray-Robed Monk's demonstration of this godly finger skill and hearing him claim that he only had superficial knowledge of the Murong Clan's 'Canhe Zhi', they all could not help but feel total respect for the name of 'Gusu Murong'.

An identical question was on everyone's mind - "Who is this gray clothed monk? What is his relationship with the Murong Family?"

The Gray Monk then swished his robes around before turning to Xiao Feng to clasp his hands and remarked "Hero Qiao's martial skills are absolutely outstanding, indeed deserving of its reputation. Old monk would like to experience a few strokes!"

Xiao Feng had long since been mindful of the monk and while the monk was greeting him, he clasped his fist in a return salute and replied "I wouldn't dare!" The two surges of internal force clashed head-on and both bodies swayed slightly at the same time.
    Last edited by CC; 10-22-07 at 01:13 PM.

wow...interesting! a villian got support...what happens nxt?

The Gray-Robed Monk spoke, "This is your Murong Family's 'Canhe Zhi'! In the past, old monk managed to learn it from your late father but I only half understood its intricacies and only mastered it to a superficial level. Who knows how many more of the Murong Clan's divine kung fu there is?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Talk about 'bigging up' your posse! It is obvious to us readers that Murong Bo is a highly skilled user of the Canhe Zhi.

I don't know whether this display of Canhe Zhi only puts it on a par with Yiyangzhi rather than Liu Mai Shen Jian.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    I don't know whether this display of Canhe Zhi only puts it on a par with Yiyangzhi rather than Liu Mai Shen Jian.
    We had this discussion before.

Murong Fu was within arms reach of Duan Yu when XF grabbed him.

Xiao Feng threw him out over 8 zhang. (Therefore MRF is now at least 8 zhang from Duan Yu)

Gray Monk walked up to Murong Fu. (therefore putting gray monk also about 8 zhang from Duan Yu)

DZC and BTS were standing next to DY to treat his injury.

Thats makes it an 8 Zhang LDA which could kill multiple 1st Class Experts in 1 stroke.