Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Chapter 42. Fight at Shaolin Part 2.

While I agree it was astounding and all, keep in mind that the two targets were caught completely off-guard. I don't know the mechanics of this finger art but if it were targetting accupoints, it doesn't really need much power behind it to be effective.

Does this skill get displayed in a fight later?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

click to show/hide spoilers
    in wuxiapedia, facts section about DGSD, one of the officials in dali had two beads inbeaded in his chest two vital accupoints by murong bo and attempts to remove them were impossible due to the pain it caused. also, murong bo used the canhe zhi to injure the yellow brow monk over the left side of his chest leaving an inch deep hole, it was only because the yellow brow monk was born with his heart on the right side that he survived. YBM thought the skill MRB used was shaolin's vijra zhi(YBM's skill) because through there was some differences in the execution, the power was equal to vijra zhi. YBM was 30yrs old at this time and MRB was only 15yrs old.

yiyang zhi is capable of LDA as well, but it is a more gentle and luxirient sort of power, while the canhe zhi seems hard like shaolin finger skills(like vijra zhi and flower rubbing finger). 6MDS uses qi channeled through the finger to execute sword moves while yiyangzhi channels qi to seal accupoints. their different sort of skills through with similarities. canhe zhi should be more equal to yiyangzhi or TZTSG(HYS).
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    click to show/hide spoilers
    in wuxiapedia, facts section about DGSD, one of the officials in dali had two beads inbeaded in his chest two vital accupoints by murong bo and attempts to remove them were impossible due to the pain it caused. also, murong bo used the canhe zhi to injure the yellow brow monk over the left side of his chest leaving an inch deep hole, it was only because the yellow brow monk was born with his heart on the right side that he survived. YBM thought the skill MRB used was shaolin's vijra zhi(YBM's skill) because through there was some differences in the execution, the power was equal to vijra zhi. YBM was 30yrs old at this time and MRB was only 15yrs old.

yiyang zhi is capable of LDA as well, but it is a more gentle and luxirient sort of power, while the canhe zhi seems hard like shaolin finger skills(like vijra zhi and flower rubbing finger). 6MDS uses qi channeled through the finger to execute sword moves while yiyangzhi channels qi to seal accupoints. their different sort of skills through with similarities. canhe zhi should be more equal to yiyangzhi or TZTSG(HYS).
    It's not the type of power. It's the distance which it was exerted.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    It's not the type of power. It's the distance which it was exerted.
    Which, may I add, is internal energy dependent.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Thats makes it an 8 Zhang LDA which could kill multiple 1st Class Experts in 1 stroke.
    Only SWORD GOD's long distance tossing of objects across mountain ranges of 3+ Chinese miles can compare to the greatness of this feat.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Default most powerfull martial arts ever?

Nahhh man ... i recon if he shots fire balls out of his ***....
    he will own them all...
    lolz.

is that guy sweeper monk?

OK. For those of you who are not familiar with the story and don't want to have the plot SPOILED. Please stop reading this translation.

Chapter 42 is where all the mystery from the earlier chapters are revealed.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Chapter 42

Continued ...

Exactly at that instance, the shadowy image of a black clothed figure appeared in mid-air, it was as if a giant eagle had descended from the heavens and landed exactly between the gray robed monk and Xiao Feng. This person had appeared suddenly from the heavens with unimaginable speed and the shocked crowd all cried out in surprise as one.It was only after both his feet had hit the ground that it could be seen that his hand was clutching a long rope which had been tied to the top of a large tree over 10 zhang away. This man had a bald head like a monk but his face wore a black veil and only a pair of piercing cold eyes were revealed.

Both robed men faced off against each other and for a long time, neither of them spoke a single word. The gathered crowd were all in awe of the prowess of both men but the black robed monk was of large build while the gray robed monk was thin and of small stature.

Only Xiao Feng felt joy and gratefulness, from the skill which this black robed monk displayed with the rope, he could tell that this was indeed the same hero which had rescued him from Ju Xian Manor. At that time, that hero was wearing a felt headgear and a commoner's clothes but this time, he appeared to be dressed as a monk. Amongst the crowd which had gathered at Shao Shi mountain today, a great many of them were present at Ju Xian Manor but the black robed hero had came and went in a flash so none of them could recognise him today.

After another long pause, both masked monks spoke at the same time "You....." but immediately after this "You" was spoken, both men again kept quiet. After another long delay, the gray monk finally spoke "Who are you?" and the black monk replied "And who are you?"

After hearing the black masked monk speak those words, they immediately thought in their hearts "So this man speaks with an old voice, he must be another elderly monk."

Xiao Feng recognised this voice as the exact same one which had lectured him that day back in the mountainous wilds and his heart was moved to immediately go forward to thank this benefactor for saving his life.

The gray robed monk then asked "You have been hiding in Shaolin for several decades, what is it you want?"

The black masked monk replied "I was exactly about to ask you, you have hidden in Shaolin for so many years, so what is it for?"

After both men had spoken these words, the assembled Shaolin monks could not help but be shocked, each one was thinking "These two old monks had been hiding at our temple for several decades? How come we did not know? Could this really be true?"

The gray robed monk continued "I have hidden in Shaolin Temple in order to find some things." The black masked monk replied "I hid in Shaolin Temple, also to find some things. The things which I seek, I have found. Those things which you seek, I believe you have also found. Otherwise, in our three competitions, how can there be no winner?" The gray robed monk replied "Indeed! Honourable Sir's martial skill is indeed impressive, something which I have rarely witnessed in my life. Shall we compare our skills again today?"

Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Hah, this is a Gu Long style conversation.

thanks CC!...getting interesting
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

DGSD Chapter 42

Continued...

The black masked man replied "Xiong Di is extremely respectful of Gexia's martial arts, even if we were to compete again, I am afraid that it would be impossible to determine a victor."

As the assembled people heard these 2 monks use words like "Gexia and Xiong Di" to address each other, they realised that such speech would not have come from a monk, further cofusing them.

The gray robed monk continued : "Since both hold each other in such high regard, lets not bother to compete again." and the black masked monk replied "Very good."

Both men nodded their heads slightly and proceeded to walk towards a large tree where they sat down side by side and closed their eyes. Both men sat motionless and did not speak again.

Murong Fu was still feeling extremely ashamed and grateful at the same time. Thinking to himself : "This Great Monk knows my ancestors, I wonder if it was my Grandfather or my Father? In future, I must definitely consult him on my ambition to restore the Great Dynasty and should not aggravate him uncessarily today." With those thoughts, he immediately retreated to the side and did not dare to disturb the monk any further, deciding to only go forward to seek advice only after the monk had stood up.

Wang Yuyan thought about how Murong Fu had utterly lost all his face earlier and would still be agitated, thus she was tugging on his sleeves with tears overflowing down her face. Murong Fu was still feeling much vexation but saw that she was only concerned about him and therefore did not brush her away.

From the time the 2 mysterious monks made their presence known till the time they sat down together under the tree, Xu Zhu and Ding Chun Qiu were still engaging in battle. The crowd naturally turned their attention towards the two of them again.

Ju Jian of the Ling Jiu 4 Maidens suddenly had an idea, walking up towards those 18 Khitan Warriors, she spoke :"My Master is currently engaged in a struggle, he would need a drink to rouse his strength." One of the Khitan Warriors replied "We have a lot of wine here, Miss can feel free to take whatever is needed." As he spoke, he lifted 2 large wineskins and offered them. Ju Jian smiled :"Many thanks! My Master does not have a large capacity for wine, just one wineskin would be sufficient!"

Taking up the wineskin and pulling out the wooden stopper, she slowly walked towards where Xu Zhu and Ding Chun Qiu were fighting and called out :"Master, to apply the Life-and-Death-Talisman to the Old Xing Su Freak, you will need some wine!" Using her strength, she twisted and thrust the wineskin straight out, letting the contents shoot out like an arrow towards Xu Zhu. Her 3 sisters immediately clapped their hands and shouted "Sister Ju! Brilliant idea!"

Suddenly, there was a delicate female voice singing out from amongst the mountain slope: "A branch of concentrated fragrance is revealed, the clouds and rain of Mt. Wu will break one's intestines. Like Concubine Yang*, I shall lie in a drunken dream in the fragrant pavilion, excellent wine, what excellent wine!"**

*Yang Guifei
    **I think there is some poetic reference down here but it is beyond my knowledge. Would appreciate any advice here.

Xu Zhu had battled Ding Chun Qiu for a rather lengthy period but still had not found a way to subdue him, hearing his Ling Jiu subordinates encouraging him to use the 'Life-Death-Talisman' he reached out and grabbed a handful of the wine shot out by Ju Jian. At the same time, 9 voices could be heard from the back of the mountain, it turned out to be Zither Wizard Kang Guan Ling, Chess Demon Fan Bai Ling, Bookworm Gou Du, Book Passionate Wu Ling Jun, Divine Doctor Xue Mu Hua, Exquisite Craftsman Feng Ah San, Flower Nerd Shi Qing Lu, Theatre Enthusiast Li Kui Lei of the "Han Valley Eight Friends".

These eight people saw Xu Zhu and Ding Qun Qiu battling it out, with blows being exchanged like raindrops in a storm and couldn't help but shout and scream loudly :"Head Master-Uncle show off his divine skill, quickly kill Ding Chun Qiu to avenge our Grandmaster and Master!"

Ju Jian's martial arts were plain and the wine which she flung out was not entirely aimed in Xu Zhu's direction and part of it was flung towards Ding Chun Qiu. The Old Xing Su Freak had battled Xu Zhu viciously for nearly an hour but his opponent could unleash one wonderful technique after another, rendering him unable to use any of his most treacherous and demonic techniques. Seeing the wine fly towards him, he suddenly had an idea and swung his left sleeve in a wide arc, causing the wine to scatter into a wall of droplets and directed them at Xu Zhu. However, Xu Zhu could now utilise all his energy and as the tens of thousands of wine droplets flew towards him, none could even touch his clothes as his inner strength had repelled all of them.***

***Force field?

Suddenly, a cry of "Ah! Ah!" was heard from the side as Ju Jian twisted to the ground. Since she was standing nearby when Ding Chun Qiu had flung out the droplets of wine, she could not help but be hit by the droplets. Each droplet contained lethal poison and thus she fell to the ground immediately when hit.

Uh oh, bad move by DCQ.

CC!!!!!!! Where are ya, big guy.

I'd very much be interested in seeing what happens next!

guys this is interesting...is the translation to DGSD available any where?

Talking Full translation anywhere!?

I've been searching the threads all day, and maybe I am obtuse but is there a full translation of DemiGods and SemiDevils anywhere? Please help!!!

No, there isn't.

Yoyo CC,

Still translating this part of DGSD?

I'm looking forwards towards the sweeper monk part.

Also, looking forward towards wlecoming other translators to coordinate the translation of this big DGSD project.

Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

In 2 weeks time i am going to be stuck nearly everynight in a hotel room for 4 weeks. I see if I have the time to finally get round to translating this until Sweeper Monk's grand appearance.

Default woldent it be cool

would it not be cool if sweeper monk turned out to be some old hero from another translation,who in his later years is just a caretaker at sholin.