Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Chapter 42. Fight at Shaolin Part 2.

Default DGSD Chapter 42. Fight at Shaolin Part 2.

Coming soon..... once Han Solo puts up the end of 41.

Are you translating the Sweeper Monk fights as well?

Thanks for your translations.

With great patients, comes great awards .
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Are you translating the Sweeper Monk fights as well?

Thanks for your translations.
    What 'Fight'?

MRB assumes perfect defensive stance (unbreakable according to XYS and XF). Sweeper kills him in 1 blow.

MRF is repelled by soft/gentle force field when he attacks full strength. Not injured by the repulsion.

Sweeper kills XYS in 1 blow.

Xiao Feng hits sweeper with dragon palm since sweeper doesnt bother to block. Breaks some ribs.

Sweeper grabs the 2 corpses and flies off. XF can't catch up or stop him.

Thats it!

Actually...that's too complex. Let's summarize.

Monk beats up MRB.
    MRF bounces off monk.
    Monk beats up XYS.
    XF hits monk once.
    Monk does a 'gingerbread man' on XF.

Tian Long Ba Bu - Chapter 42.

Part 1

Murong Fu's spirits were lifted as Deng Bai Chun's longsword sailed through the air into his hands. Displaying his Murong Family's swordstyle, the strokes were soft and fluid like flowing water and in an instant, his body was surrounded by a nimbus of glowing light. The gathered Wulin members all had long heard rumours of the Murong Family's impressive martial arts, yet none had anticipated that their swordplay was of such brilliance.

Yet no matter how fiercely Murong Fu attacked, he was unable to get within ten feet of Duan Yu. As Duan Yu pointed and poked with both hands, Murong Fu was forced into a defensive position and had to dodge unabatedly. Suddenly, there was a loud 'Pai' and the longsword in Murong Fu's hands was shattered into over 30 pieces as it collided with the invisible sword energy from Duan Yu. The pieces soared through the air and reflected the sunlight,
    sending out shards of brilliant white light.

Murong Fu was stunned by the incident, yet he kept his calm. Waving his right arm, he utilised the broken shards of the sword as projectiles and sent a storm of flying metal to rain on Duan Yu. With a loud shout of 'AIYAH!', Duan Yu was at a loss as he flailed his limbs aimlessly and flopped down onto the ground. (**See you guys? Murong Fu ain't that bad. Just not in Xiao Feng's league but who the hell is?***). As the hail of broken shards flew over his head, the sight of a fighter sprawling on the floor in a fight between pugilistic elites was an ugly sight to behold. Although Murong Fu's sword was broken, he gained victory in defeat with great style and gained much more glory then Duan Yu.

Feng Bo Er yelled out : " Master, grab the sabre!" and tossed his sabre out. With sabre in hand, Murong Fu turned to see that Duan Yu had already stood up. Laughing out he asked : " Brother Duan, this stance of 'Wild Dog eats urine', is it secret technique of the Dali House of Duan?". Duan Yu was at a loss and replied flatly : "No it is not." and flicked out the little finger on his fight hand with a "Shao Chong Jian".

Murong Fu wielded his sabre as if in dance and executed the strokes from "5 Tigers Breaking the Gate", the skill of "Eight Trigram Sabre Play" and even the "Six Unified Sabres" (**Wu Hu Duan Men Dao, Ba Gua Dao Fa, Liu He Dao**). In a quarter of an hour, he had displayed over eight or nine different sets of sabreplay. Each was a deep and profound style and executed with brilliance. The assembled sabre wielders marvelled at his saberplay but saw that not matter what he did, he was unable to close in on Duan Yu. As Duan Yu executed a stroke of "Shao Chong Jian", his attack curving in from the left, Murong Fu raised his sabre to block and with a clang, the sharp sabre was also broken.

Gong Ye Gan immediately tossed out his Judge Pens (*Pan Guan Bi*) to his master. Murong Fu tossed down the broken sabre and grabbed the pens, immediately attacking with his accupoint hitting techniques, the pens exuded a 'chi' 'chi' sound as his inner force shot out through them.

Duan Yu had survived over a hundred strokes in the fight and his fear gradually subsided, remembering the teachings of his Uncle and Elder Ku Rong on inner strength techniques he executed the Liu Mai Shen Jian with harmonious and well connected circular strokes. Suddenly he heard the voice of Xiao Feng : "Third Brother, you are still not experienced with the Liu Mai Shen Jian, the six stances are different and there is a gap when you change between the six, allowing time for your opponent to attack. You should try concentrating on only 1 stance."

Here comes the pain!

yup, mrf in miseary soon!

DCC and YTZ next!
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Yeah, I would agree MRF is better than most people would think. And the cutting power of 6MSJ is very impressive. I don't really get it when XF told him to concentrate on one stance. Can anyone explain?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Yeah, I would agree MRF is better than most people would think. And the cutting power of 6MSJ is very impressive. I don't really get it when XF told him to concentrate on one stance. Can anyone explain?
    Hmm, i think its sort of like concentrating on shooting with one "gun" instead of interchanging between a few and does slows down the attack because of the switching process. At least thats what I think it is.

This little bit of exchange shows two things to me:
    1) MRF being better than most ppl. At least a prodigy in any other eras.
    2) DY ain't so bad himself. He held on for at least 15 minutes and seems to improve with more practice.

Q: If MRF can't even get near to DY to launch any attack, why then the use of all those elaborate moves? To get more admiration from other ppl?

Q: If MRF can't even get near to DY to launch any attack, why then the use of all those elaborate moves? To get more admiration from other ppl?
    That's what MRF is like (in everything, not just kungfu). Looks beautiful, but mostly useless. He had to learn lots of different kungfus just to reach that level of showing off.

He didn't do too bad here actually, but wait till you see him and his 4 followers get their arses kicked by.... Duan Yan Qing (near the end of the novel).
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Originally posted by Han Solo

I think (not stated in book explicitly, but looks like it) that he was using all those elaborate moves to block the 6MSJ. The real 6MSJ is not like that TVB 6 coloured rainbow laser gun. It can be swung around like a sword (e.g. one of DY's attack was described as curving in from the side). MRF was probably using his weapons to block the sword chi.

Yes, I think that during the fight, DY's sword chi and MRF's weapons clashed head on many many times. Otherwise, for a full quarter hour those 2 would have been standing 12 feet apart and hacking at empty air all that time.

Originally posted by CC
    I think (not stated in book explicitly, but looks like it) that he was using all those elaborate moves to block the 6MSJ. The real 6MSJ is not like that TVB 6 coloured rainbow laser gun. It can be swung around like a sword (e.g. one of DY's attack was described as curving in from the side). MRF was probably using his weapons to block the sword chi.

Yes, I think that during the fight, DY's sword chi and MRF's weapons clashed head on many many times. Otherwise, for a full quarter hour those 2 would have been standing 12 feet apart and hacking at empty air all that time.
    I thought 6MSJ was able to cut through anything

Which goes to the question if Liu Mai Shen Jian is really sword chi? I'm thinking it's just an extended version of Yiyang Zhi which can be used like a sword and has almost the same effect of a sword. However, swords cannot cut through or pierce through all objects. It has its own limits. Sword chi on the other hand, can practically cut through almost anything.
    Yo momma cat

I've said it before and I'll say it again

6MSJ is NOT sword chii; it is what I call a battle-modification to YYZ, making it more formidable in combat and more versatile in combat, but it is STILL only a derivative of YYZ, which is a finger-technique, not sword qi.

Is it really different from sword chi? It can cut as good or better as sword chi can. The only difference is just the usage of fingers.

It is. 'Sword qi' is when you exert qi onto empty space where normally you would hold a sword, and keep it in that form. 6MSJ is a modification of finger-qi that you can swing around. Even if they SEEM similar and are used in similar ways, the theory behind them is totally different.

Think of it this way, if DY was attacking MRF with YYZ, would MRF had needed a blade/weapon (sword, saber, judge pens etc) to protect himself/attack DY? I wouldn't think so...
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Originally posted by JigSta
    Think of it this way, if DY was attacking MRF with YYZ, would MRF had needed a blade/weapon (sword, saber, judge pens etc) to protect himself/attack DY? I wouldn't think so...
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything at all.

6MSJ is not YYZ, and no one is making that claim; what it is, is a HEAVILY modified YYZ that is EXTREMELY powerful...but it is still based on YYZ, so it is NOT sword qi. I make no claims as to which is more effective, but regardless, 6MSJ is not sword qi. That's all there is to it.