Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Flicking stones or 1YZ

  1. #21
    Senior Member philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Originally posted by superboy
    But those are somehow like poison, and TZST is like a bullet. Unless you want the person to suffer or enslave them, Shen Si Fu is really not that useful.
    true...shen si fu is powerful in that it poisons people, not for itz mass amount to qi and accuracy

  2. #22
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    What are you talking about? 'Merely' poisoning them means you have won the battle.

  3. #23
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,579

    Default

    Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    What are you talking about? 'Merely' poisoning them means you have won the battle.
    True. From a purely practical standpoint, that's all that really matters. However, given the values of the wuxia world, where the use of poison is often looked down upon, being able to win on skill or power (rather than through some other agent such as poison) is held in much higher regard.

  4. #24
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Umm...remember how Xu Zhu just randomly tossed out a few stones and killed people?

    Shen Si Fu is something that requires knowledge of Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang, arguably one of the best palm techniques in entire JY canon.

    Think of it it this way. If he can hit you with a piece of ice, he can hit you with a rock. If he hit you with a rock, you are dead. If he hit you with a piece of ice, you are poisoned. I maintain that it is MORE difficult to poison someone with Shen Si Fu than to kill someone by chucking a few stones at them.

  5. #25
    Senior Member philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    804

    Default

    hm...i think itz more of the making of the shen si fu that is difficult rather than planting it on someone

  6. #26
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Originally posted by philip
    hm...i think itz more of the making of the shen si fu that is difficult rather than planting it on someone
    I believe that the planting of it is based upon the variations of palm strikes with Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Xiao Feng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Interesting arguments

    Now shen si fu isn't a poison. Ice is not poison, it just causes intense suffering once in the persons body because of the intense cold of the ice and qi flowing through your meridians. Sounds nasty.

    I'd be more afraid and have more respect for shen si fu than 1YZ or TZST. And its way cooler

  8. #28
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,368

    Default

    yes, Shen Si Fu is quite a unique wonder, too bad it's out of the Q for this topic.

  9. #29
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    I meant 'poison' in the broadest of terms

    But in any, Shen Si Fu is cooler...but the reason I brought it up was to show that NEITHER TZST nor YYZ is -really- that unique.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Xiao Feng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    I meant 'poison' in the broadest of terms

    But in any, Shen Si Fu is cooler...but the reason I brought it up was to show that NEITHER TZST nor YYZ is -really- that unique.
    Agreed

    TZST being a projectile type skill is lesser compared to Shen Si Fu.

    1YZ being a qi projection skill pales in comparison with the famed 6MSJ.

    Thus, there is no contest

  11. #31
    Senior Member superboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    I believe anyone at the level of the Greats can flick weak fighter with rocks to their death. But TZST can flick with the amount of power as the Sad Palms, which is equivilant to HL18Z if it's working. So much power compacted into a finger and blasted out with a pebble. I believe this flicking speed and strength is almost matchless compare to ther martial art flicking stones.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

  12. #32
    Senior Member superboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    And I also believe TZST being a projectile type skill is lesser compared to Shen Si Fu. should be able to hit opponents with more ease than Shen Si Fu. It's faster and you don't have to aim for accupoints.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

  13. #33
    Senior Member Xiao Feng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Originally posted by superboy
    I believe anyone at the level of the Greats can flick weak fighter with rocks to their death. But TZST can flick with the amount of power as the Sad Palms, which is equivilant to HL18Z if it's working. So much power compacted into a finger and blasted out with a pebble. I believe this flicking speed and strength is almost matchless compare to ther martial art flicking stones.
    Hmm, where does it say that the amount of power in a TZST flick is equivalent to a Sad Palms hit? Anyway, comparing something to Sad Palms is rather odd because its such an unpredictable skill. Its to reliant on YG's emotion. I mean who knows just how powerful it is at max, if there is a max. Going by that logic, Sad Palms would be the most powerful palm skill ever because the is no limit to one emotions.

  14. #34
    Senior Member superboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    HYS matched YG's Sad Palms with his finger and ended in a draw. That's how I got my theory. HYS commented that only HL18Z can compare to Sad Palms when it comes to palm strength, so I assume it was the max. I think that is the max because that's about as far as the power goes for YG in ROCH.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

  15. #35
    Senior Member Xiao Feng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Originally posted by superboy
    HYS matched YG's Sad Palms with his finger and ended in a draw. That's how I got my theory. HYS commented that only HL18Z can compare to Sad Palms when it comes to palm strength, so I assume it was the max. I think that is the max because that's about as far as the power goes for YG in ROCH.
    Hmmm, that debatable. YG is not exactly really pissed of with HYS at that moment. So, his Sad Palms might not be at the highest power. Also, HYS said Sad Palms is comparable, "comparable" as in its equal or "comparable" as in its the only thing that comes close?

  16. #36
    Senior Member superboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    I don't know, but that's about the max power it goes in the novel. You don't have to be pissed, you just have to be sad. And YG haven't seen XLN for 16 years that time. He wasn't in a good mood. TZSG is on par with HL18Z, so it will not lose to Sad Palms.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

  17. #37
    Senior Member Xiao Feng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Originally posted by superboy
    I don't know, but that's about the max power it goes in the novel. You don't have to be pissed, you just have to be sad. And YG haven't seen XLN for 16 years that time. He wasn't in a good mood. TZSG is on par with HL18Z, so it will not lose to Sad Palms.
    I think YG was in a rather good mood when he was jousting with HYS. Even though he was sad in general, but he was happy to meet up with HYS and to be able to have a round with him makes him feel happier. Also, since they were jousting its easy to conclude that they didnt give it their all.

  18. #38
    Senior Member superboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    But I don't think JY said they didn't give them all, so I assume they didn't. HYS was losing when he matched palms with YG until he used TZSG. I do not know if that is the max of Sad Palms or not, but I have an impression that it is.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

  19. #39
    Senior Member Xiao Feng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Originally posted by superboy
    But I don't think JY said they didn't give them all, so I assume they didn't. HYS was losing when he matched palms with YG until he used TZSG. I do not know if that is the max of Sad Palms or not, but I have an impression that it is.
    Fair enough, we can agree to disagree then

  20. #40
    Senior Member superboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    Fair enough, we can agree to disagree then
    NO NO NO.....
    I must being you back too the right path.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-11-07, 11:49 AM
  2. DY's 6MSJ vs YD's 1YZ
    By superboy in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 10-08-04, 09:03 PM
  3. Flicking stones or 1YZ
    By linghuchong in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-03, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •