Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flicking stones or 1YZ

Originally posted by superboy
    But those are somehow like poison, and TZST is like a bullet. Unless you want the person to suffer or enslave them, Shen Si Fu is really not that useful.
    true...shen si fu is powerful in that it poisons people, not for itz mass amount to qi and accuracy

What are you talking about? 'Merely' poisoning them means you have won the battle.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    What are you talking about? 'Merely' poisoning them means you have won the battle.
    True. From a purely practical standpoint, that's all that really matters. However, given the values of the wuxia world, where the use of poison is often looked down upon, being able to win on skill or power (rather than through some other agent such as poison) is held in much higher regard.

Umm...remember how Xu Zhu just randomly tossed out a few stones and killed people?

Shen Si Fu is something that requires knowledge of Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang, arguably one of the best palm techniques in entire JY canon.

Think of it it this way. If he can hit you with a piece of ice, he can hit you with a rock. If he hit you with a rock, you are dead. If he hit you with a piece of ice, you are poisoned. I maintain that it is MORE difficult to poison someone with Shen Si Fu than to kill someone by chucking a few stones at them.

hm...i think itz more of the making of the shen si fu that is difficult rather than planting it on someone

Originally posted by philip
    hm...i think itz more of the making of the shen si fu that is difficult rather than planting it on someone
    I believe that the planting of it is based upon the variations of palm strikes with Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang.

Interesting arguments

Now shen si fu isn't a poison. Ice is not poison, it just causes intense suffering once in the persons body because of the intense cold of the ice and qi flowing through your meridians. Sounds nasty.

I'd be more afraid and have more respect for shen si fu than 1YZ or TZST. And its way cooler

yes, Shen Si Fu is quite a unique wonder, too bad it's out of the Q for this topic.

I meant 'poison' in the broadest of terms

But in any, Shen Si Fu is cooler...but the reason I brought it up was to show that NEITHER TZST nor YYZ is -really- that unique.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    I meant 'poison' in the broadest of terms

But in any, Shen Si Fu is cooler...but the reason I brought it up was to show that NEITHER TZST nor YYZ is -really- that unique.
    Agreed

TZST being a projectile type skill is lesser compared to Shen Si Fu.

1YZ being a qi projection skill pales in comparison with the famed 6MSJ.

Thus, there is no contest

I believe anyone at the level of the Greats can flick weak fighter with rocks to their death. But TZST can flick with the amount of power as the Sad Palms, which is equivilant to HL18Z if it's working. So much power compacted into a finger and blasted out with a pebble. I believe this flicking speed and strength is almost matchless compare to ther martial art flicking stones.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

And I also believe TZST being a projectile type skill is lesser compared to Shen Si Fu. should be able to hit opponents with more ease than Shen Si Fu. It's faster and you don't have to aim for accupoints.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I believe anyone at the level of the Greats can flick weak fighter with rocks to their death. But TZST can flick with the amount of power as the Sad Palms, which is equivilant to HL18Z if it's working. So much power compacted into a finger and blasted out with a pebble. I believe this flicking speed and strength is almost matchless compare to ther martial art flicking stones.
    Hmm, where does it say that the amount of power in a TZST flick is equivalent to a Sad Palms hit? Anyway, comparing something to Sad Palms is rather odd because its such an unpredictable skill. Its to reliant on YG's emotion. I mean who knows just how powerful it is at max, if there is a max. Going by that logic, Sad Palms would be the most powerful palm skill ever because the is no limit to one emotions.

HYS matched YG's Sad Palms with his finger and ended in a draw. That's how I got my theory. HYS commented that only HL18Z can compare to Sad Palms when it comes to palm strength, so I assume it was the max. I think that is the max because that's about as far as the power goes for YG in ROCH.

HYS matched YG's Sad Palms with his finger and ended in a draw. That's how I got my theory. HYS commented that only HL18Z can compare to Sad Palms when it comes to palm strength, so I assume it was the max. I think that is the max because that's about as far as the power goes for YG in ROCH.
    Hmmm, that debatable. YG is not exactly really pissed of with HYS at that moment. So, his Sad Palms might not be at the highest power. Also, HYS said Sad Palms is comparable, "comparable" as in its equal or "comparable" as in its the only thing that comes close?

I don't know, but that's about the max power it goes in the novel. You don't have to be pissed, you just have to be sad. And YG haven't seen XLN for 16 years that time. He wasn't in a good mood. TZSG is on par with HL18Z, so it will not lose to Sad Palms.

I don't know, but that's about the max power it goes in the novel. You don't have to be pissed, you just have to be sad. And YG haven't seen XLN for 16 years that time. He wasn't in a good mood. TZSG is on par with HL18Z, so it will not lose to Sad Palms.
    I think YG was in a rather good mood when he was jousting with HYS. Even though he was sad in general, but he was happy to meet up with HYS and to be able to have a round with him makes him feel happier. Also, since they were jousting its easy to conclude that they didnt give it their all.

But I don't think JY said they didn't give them all, so I assume they didn't. HYS was losing when he matched palms with YG until he used TZSG. I do not know if that is the max of Sad Palms or not, but I have an impression that it is.

But I don't think JY said they didn't give them all, so I assume they didn't. HYS was losing when he matched palms with YG until he used TZSG. I do not know if that is the max of Sad Palms or not, but I have an impression that it is.
    Fair enough, we can agree to disagree then

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    Fair enough, we can agree to disagree then
    NO NO NO.....
    I must being you back too the right path.