Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Peter Ho

^ totally avoiding the question, xiaolong. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, both have very different sort of charisma. Peter definitely has the best body among all our favourite guys. But I like comic acting and I think Eddie is one of the best comic actors around, albeit a very under-rated one.
    Okay so Peter is your favorite body wise and Eddie acting wise. BUT if you could only pick one, who would it be? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ^ totally avoiding the question, xiaolong. LOL
    She is doing what we call giving the politically correct answer. Answering without answering. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post

She is doing what we call giving the politically correct answer. Answering without answering. LOL
    LOL. i see! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    Okay so Peter is your favorite body wise and Eddie acting wise. BUT if you could only pick one, who would it be? LOL
    Comedic acting = Eddie Peng, Jimmy Lin
    Body = Peter Ho, Eddie Peng
    Hero acting = Wallace Huo, Hu Ge
    Badboy acting = Nicky Wu, Yuan Hong, Wallace Chung

I'm being democratic
    But who appears in two categories? Eddie!

Oh, and romantic acting = FSF
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-02-11 at 03:00 PM.

i'm sorry, but. *GAG*
    everything else i pretty much agree with though!
    although i really liked peter's “痴情的" version of Ou Chen, so i would pick him for romantic acting, hehe hmm, lets see...who else is good at romance/acts in a bunch of sappy dramas that i actually like? ....alec su used to, kinda. now i dont know what he's doing ummm...any suggestions?

Hee hee! But DaS disappointed me by marrying another guy. I was caught up with the whole Peter-Barbie couple fandom that went from on-screen to off-screen last year...then suddenly she got married to someone else!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Peter & Janine pairing in the new SETTV series, Xiao Xiang's Beautiful Life. Oooohhh, Peter is back on TV again! Here are the two pretties together again at a UNICEF event.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/1yu16f.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-04-11 at 01:55 PM.

Comedic acting = Eddie Peng, Jimmy Lin
    Body = Peter Ho, Eddie Peng
    Hero acting = Wallace Huo, Hu Ge
    Badboy acting = Nicky Wu, Yuan Hong, Wallace Chung

I'm being democratic
    But who appears in two categories? Eddie!
    My I do have to say that you have very good taste in men Xiaolong. I pretty much like the actors you listed up there. Except you know me, Wallace would pretty much be in every single one of those categories. Well, except Badboy, I don't think Wallace has done an evil/bad role yet. Not unless you could his role in Dolphin Bay.

That virus has taken over you hasn't it. LOL While I may not think FSF is good looking, nor am I a fan of Fengmi. I will admit that they were actually really good and cute together in Gong. FSF is pretty good at romantic acting and I will give credit where it is due.

Hee hee! But DaS disappointed me by marrying another guy. I was caught up with the whole Peter-Barbie couple fandom that went from on-screen to off-screen last year...then suddenly she got married to someone else!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Peter & Janine pairing in the new SETTV series, Xiao Xiang's Beautiful Life. Oooohhh, Peter is back on TV again! Here are the two pretties together again at a UNICEF event.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/1yu16f.jpg')
    lol. well, i kinda liked their pairing in the drama, but i really couldnt see them together as a real life couple, so i didnt really care when she got married to some random rich guy
    do you know if peter and janine have started filming their drama yet, xiaolong?

do you know if peter and janine have started filming their drama yet, xiaolong?
    Yeah, I can’t wait to see Janine back in another rom-com (short for romantic comedy)!! And paired up with Peter - super-awesome!!! Xiao Xiang's Beautiful Life will start filming in October this year and aims for an early 2012 release.

From the online Baidu threads I've read, Guo Xiao Xiang (played by Janine) is a young exec woman who gets dumped by her boyfriend. She and her at-odds colleague Situ Yen (played by Peter) go from rivals to lovers, until both of their exes come back into the picture. His ex-wife wants to get back together, her ex-boyfriend turns out to have dumped her because he’s sick. Xiao Xian ends up getting back together with her ex, but realizes that the person she genuinely loves and who understands her most is Situ Yen. In the end, of course our beloved Peter-Janine OTP end up together, so we’ll be watching for the angst-filled journey, but it will have a sweet ending

There they are again! Our Peter-Janine sweeties!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/24zdf5u.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2mqnp6t.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-07-11 at 07:55 AM.

i'm sorry, but. *GAG*
    everything else i pretty much agree with though!
    although i really liked peter's “痴情的" version of Ou Chen, so i would pick him for romantic acting, hehe hmm, lets see...who else is good at romance/acts in a bunch of sappy dramas that i actually like? ....alec su used to, kinda. now i dont know what he's doing ummm...any suggestions?
    Much as I had been charmed by FengMi, I'd still choose Alec Su over FSF as the ultimate romantic lead actor.

RIP the greatest onscreen romance of all time - YQ & XYZ (re: the posts at New HZGG thread).
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

One of my favorites.

This is soooo EXCITING!!! Peter & Janine have started filming their new rom-com - 真心請按兩次鈴 (English title is "Please Ring Twice with Sincerity"). They changed the title from "Xiao Xian’s Beautiful Life".
    我愛甯兒兒:8月13日鈞甯到平鎮分局北勢派出所拍攝"真心請按兩次鈴"
    The plot has apparently undergone significant changes as well to reflect the real life backgrounds of Peter and Janine. The drama will be helmed by the producer of Ethan Ruan's My Queen.

With the production team...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/xpow9v.jpg')

Main cast script-reading session...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2zoly1d.jpg')

A snapshot of Peter-Janine scene filming
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2wf1s34.jpg')

They look crazy compatible don'cha think?

Since Peter Ho grew up in Canada, his character will now be an overseas Chinese returning to Taiwan, and his profession has been changed to a photographer because Peter loves photography. Janine’s character will have three distinct looks: fashionista, old maid, and pink-collar worker.

Peter’s photography job brings him into contact with Janine’s character, who has been segregated from people due to an illness. They meet each other again 7 years later. By then Janine is a single mom and their reunion will significantly affect Janine’s life.

Note: Interestingly, Janine was also one of Peter's choices for the Xia Mo role in Summer's Bubble in the event Barbie couldn't fit it into her schedule. So it looks like he was thinking of working with her for a long time, and I'm GLAD they have this chance now.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-16-11 at 10:13 AM.

awww yay! finally! gosh, i cant wait to watch the trailer on this, hehe i'm so excited! i havent been this excited for a drama in a whileeee (well, BBJX's not out yet, so i guess i'm excited for that, but still. its taking wayyyyy too long. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    Much as I had been charmed by FengMi, I'd still choose Alec Su over FSF as the ultimate romantic lead actor.

RIP the greatest onscreen romance of all time - YQ & XYZ (re: the posts at New HZGG thread).
    alec WAS a good romance actor! he could always make me believe that he was enamored with the female lead. (especially if the lead was zhao wei, lol)
    gosh, i miss XYZ/YQ! i'm rewatching the original HZGG just for them, haha

awww yay! finally! gosh, i cant wait to watch the trailer on this, hehe i'm so excited! i havent been this excited for a drama in a whileeee (well, BBJX's not out yet, so i guess i'm excited for that, but still. its taking wayyyyy too long. lol)
    Since it's going to be a SETTV drama, I just started a thread under the Taiwanese TV Series section:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...740#post994740

I'm sooooo GLAD Peter has not abandoned TV. He was away doing movies the past year, and now he's back on TV!! I wish Alec Su would come back to TV - I mean I love Nicky, but Alec would have made an awesome Yongzheng/4th Prince or even 8th Prince too.

FYI - here are some of SETTV's recent productions:
    2003 - At Dolphin Bay
    2003 - 100% Senorita
    2005 - The Prince Who Turns into a Frog
    2006 - Smiling Pasta
    2007 - My Lucky Star
    2007 - Bull Fighting
    2008 - Fated to Love You
    2008 - Invincible Shan Bao Mei
    2009 - My Queen
    2009 - Autumn's Concerto
    2009 - The Year of Happiness and Love
    2010 - Lucky Days
    2011 - Love You

i'm glad this is an SETTV production - it pretty much guarantees good ratings, since most people watch this channel in taiwan anyway (i think?). its more popular than the channel summer's desire was aired on, is it not? i was always under that impression, anyway....

i'm glad this is an SETTV production - it pretty much guarantees good ratings, since most people watch this channel in taiwan anyway (i think?). its more popular than the channel summer's desire was aired on, is it not? i was always under that impression, anyway....
    I don't know much about Taiwan TV ratings and stuff as I look at TV advertising only in HK and Mainland (v.recently) in my day job. I know Summer's Bubble was aired on CTV, but it always seems to be behind TTV. I did read somewhere that SETTV is contracted with TTV.

Hunan TV bought Summer's Bubble for airing in Mainland, so my impression is that Summer's Bubble did much better in Mainland than in Taiwan.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-16-11 at 11:18 PM.

I know this is some time ago, but for those who are unfamiliar, here's a clip of Peter & Janine during their World Vision expedition to Vietnam.

I think their great camaraderie during this trip made SETTV decide to cast Janine as Peter's leading lady in his new series!

Here's an article on them from World Vision website:
    http://www.worldvision.org.vn/worldv...=535&Itemid=33

TAIWANESE CELEBRITIES IMPRESSED WITH CHARITY TRIP TO CENTRAL VIETNAM
    Written by Lê Thiêm Xuân
    Thursday, 10 March 2011

Peter and Janine had lunch with children and their families.
    Janine Chang and Peter Ho, two famous artists of Taiwan, said one word each to brief their feeling about their trip to Phuoc Son, a mountainous district in the central province of Quang Nam, last week.
    “Laughter,” eagerly said Janine Chang. “Our three-day trip was filled up with laughter from needy children and their families. I love the simple laughter, the gentle smiles, the innocence and the purity of people in Phuoc Son. We experienced such a cheering and moving time. I hope there will be more people to bring much more laughter to these needy children and people in future.”

“Sunshine,” expressed Peter Ho, who showed happiness in his suntanned face after the field trip. “Let’s bring more sunshine to needy children and community people. Let the warming and cheering influence and support like that of the rays of the sun light up their lives. I have learned many encouraging lessons from the children and communities in Phuoc Son. I will surely tell their dreams to many other people who would give them a helping hand.”

Janine helped children cook meals.
    Invited by World Vision, Peter and Janine traveled to Phuoc Son district on February 25-28 to see and experience first-hand how the organization works in communities and changes the lives of children.

During the visit, the two celebrities had special time to spend a day in life of children in four families. Together with the children, they helped their parents to graze the cows, farm in rice-fields and upland farming fields, fetch water, catch shellfish for food, prepare lunch, wash dishes, or to do homework, play with friends and go to school.

They also enjoyed their time with other children and their families who now benefit from World Vision’s activities including education, agriculture and capacity building. They learnt challenges which face children living in poverty and how World Vision works through child sponsorship in Vietnam.

Janine worked at the field with children and their parents.
    When meeting with the children, the two celebrities presented them a lot of presents including stationery, tooth brushes, toothpastes, school bags and footballs. Besides, another large number of similar gifts will be shipped and distributed later to needy children in the ADP on behalf of the celebrities.

After coming back home, Peter and Janine will work as spokespersons for World Vision’s photo exhibition which will take place in later March in Taiwan. Under the theme “I am changed…because of you,” World Vision invited sponsored children and National Office staff from Taiwan-funded ADPs to photograph the daily life of children and their transformation through World Vision intervention. Through the photographs, World Vision hopes to share compelling stories for how donors in Taiwan are impacting the lives of children all over the world.

“We will share the audience, media partners and World Vision supporters in Taiwan about our Vietnam experience using personal stories of our interactions with children and tell them our understanding of the challenges the children and their families endure,” said the two celebrities. “The two cameras that we used to photograph our Vietnam itinerary towards needy children and communities will be sold by auction and the fund will be offered to World Vision’s work with children.”

Peter and Janine met their sponsored children.
    Peter and Janine were accompanied by staff of both World Vision Taiwan and Vietnam, several Taiwan televisions and print media outlets, who will cover their journey and produce news segments and articles about World Vision’s impact in the field.

World Vision has implemented Phuoc Son Area Development Program since 2003. Focusing on education, agriculture, health and capacity building, the ADP targets to improve living conditions of children and their communities in eight communes in the period of 2011 to 2015, which is the second phase of the ADP’s lifetime.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-17-11 at 03:08 AM.

Yay! While he's filming Please Ring Twice with Janine, Peter also has a new Mainland drama directed by Gao Xi Xi coming up: The Legend of Chu and Han.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2z6iiif.jpg')

Gosh, the budget for this drama will beat BBJX. Legend of Chu and Han will cost RMB170 million! And it will take 9 months to film!!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-25-11 at 10:10 AM.

^ DAMN. is he one of the main leads? what role does he play?

^ DAMN. is he one of the main leads? what role does he play?
    News on the Legend of Chu and Han press conference is out!
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2011-0..._121914864.htm

Chen Dao Ming will be Liu Bang and Peter will be....Xiang Yu!!! OMG!!! OK, much as I've warmed up to FSF, I just feel I would much prefer Peter's Xiang Yu over FSF's Xiang Yu in White Vengence.

I was wishing for a long time for Peter to return to TV after Summer's Bubble, and WOW! He's given us more than just a treat! A SETTV rom-com with Janine and now a magnificent Gao Xi Xi fest!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/34e5ao7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2lo17i8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/5ujqrd.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-25-11 at 11:57 PM.