Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game of Deceit

Although I adore Jessica, I wouldn't say she looks really beautiful in this serie (her ancient look is better in Square Pegs). In this serie I prefer Jess while she dresses up as a guy than when she's in the woman's clothing, I don't know, perhaps it's just me.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Hi ya bubcas and belki

I agree with both of you two, hehe. I think Jessica did look pretty in here, but not as much as she does in the more "recent" ancient series. I never really thought she looked taht great in ancient series before. It was only until SP that she began looking very pretty in ancient costumes.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Just finished watching this in sequence, it's really a refreshing serie for me.

Here's a question to begin with. About the gold in the coin case, it sank when Jessica tested it in the water. It's supposed to contain real gold in it, right? How is it that Chian Ka Lok's master put the gold in the coin? My version is in Canto and doesn't have any subs so I'm just kinda guessing most of the time. And when Jess and etc were almost beheaded, how was Nick able to prove that there's no gold in the coins, I think, since they kept floating.

Okay, I'll ask more questions later. I really hope you can help me. Thx beforehand.

Okay that gold coin scenario got a bit confusing after a while cas they kept tricking each other but I'll try my best, also I haven't seen this part in a while cas like bubcas, I kinda go straight to the episodes when their dads try to pair them.

Jessica, who was helping out her to-be father in law, make new currency. In order to make new currency, they were collecting old coins to be recycled into new ones. Hence collecting from the village people, but Nick, who I think is in jail at the moment, lied to the village people that they shouldn't give their coins to Jess cas they know that there is gold in the coins. Jess knows they are lying and sets out to prove it by floating the coins, if they float then she is right but the coins don't, they sink cas the master, who I think, slices the coin in half and inserts gold in between. Hence, making Nick right, and the village people don't trade their coins. She then goes on to try and prove again but fails each time cas Nick has other tricks up his sleeve.

On the day they were to be beheaded, Nick floats the coins to show that there really is no gold in them but the villiage people are still cautious, but it was his speech that made them toss their coins. I think he said something like do the village people really want to see people die, when they can help them by donating their coins or something like that. Hope that helps, maybe I should go back and watch it to refresh my memory.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

More questions...

After Jess dresses up in her woman outfit, her maid brought in some beauty stuffs and bumped into Jess. There was something that Jess said that made her dad quite astonished (he was kind of eavesdropping) and Jess' dad went to Nick's dad straight away (Does it have something to do with Nick seeing her Jess took a bath???). Then, Jess' dad showed to Nick's dad that his son wasn't at all decent (idk if this is right) while playing mahjong. The upcoming scenes were each dad drugged their son and daughter and put them in one bed, lol. I was laughing so hard seeing their expressions when they woke up the next day.

And about that scene where Jess was trying to help Nick in that room, she climbed in with her maid and exchanged the stuff inside the pot (wine, perhaps???). Can you explain to me about that? I figured Nick was asked to proof something but he actually didn't have the ability to do that.

Thx in advance.

Originally posted by belki
    Although I adore Jessica, I wouldn't say she looks really beautiful in this serie (her ancient look is better in Square Pegs). In this serie I prefer Jess while she dresses up as a guy than when she's in the woman's clothing, I don't know, perhaps it's just me.
    nope. it's just not u.
    i prefered her in men's clothing too.
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Thats right Jess told her maid that Nick saw her taking a bath thats why he knows shes a woman. The dad hearing this rushes over to Nick's dad to tell him what happened. Nick dad doesn't believe his son is so cunning so Jess's dad plans that Mahjong game to prove it. Those other three guys are champion mahjong players who each have a special trick to cheat in the game but in the end all three still loose to Nick. Thats why Nick's dad agrees to have the kids married. Jess's dad really wants Nick to be his son in law cas he thinks that Nick can help them re-establish the family business and its reputation cas he helped them once with the painting of the 100 birds. Belki I like that scene too, especially Jessica's face when she wakes up and is like screaming.

In that wine scene, Nick was asked by some powerful person to access the wine and the condition of it. The wine is supposed to be some famous wine and they wanted to know the authenticity of it. When Nick went to access it, he saw fungus growing on top of it and scooped it out but we find out from Jessica that the fungus is the good part of the wine, when they get there they find Nick passed out from drinking the wine. Luckily Jess has a friend who makes/sells wine as his business and she was able to borrow a pot from him, hence saving Nick in time. When Nick wakes up he takes full credit for it, not knowing what Jess did and her maid askes her why she doesn't tell everyone the truth. She replied that she wasn't doing it for him but for her family's reputation. Also, she's never seen her dad so happy.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Trying to bring this thread active again.

I re-watched this over the long New Year's weekend and if anyone of you noticed Tavia Yeung is one of the minor roles before she was given a chance to play bigger roles.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

i aslo just finished re-watching this series again, but i didn't noticed that tavia was playing one of the minor roles.....i know tavia used to be a cameo in other earlier productions.

i think i've watched this series before but i cannot recall anything.. can anything give me a heads-up on this series?

Tavia played the role who works in the brothel as one of the girls when Nick & Chin Ka Lok was there to examine Po Yee if she is still a virgin or not but using the chicken's blood as proof.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*