Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game of Deceit

Thumbs up Game of Deceit

For those who have watched this series starring Jessica Hsuen & Nick Cheung, what are your feedbacks?

I've just done re-watching this series even tho I've seen it back in 1999 when it first released. I love this series with wonderful story line and most importantly, it had a good ending.

Two thumbs up!

I absolutely love this series and have it on tape. I didn't like the start of it that much (the case about the gold in the coin) but loved it when Jess and Nick got married. They were really funny, especially when Nick gets jealous of Jessica and that guy. There were lots of good scenes, I especially like their wedding and the scene were Jess gets drunk and Nick comes and gets her. That was touching. I wish they would do a series together again.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Sutisa
    I absolutely love this series and have it on tape. I didn't like the start of it that much (the case about the gold in the coin) but loved it when Jess and Nick got married. They were really funny, especially when Nick gets jealous of Jessica and that guy. There were lots of good scenes, I especially like their wedding and the scene were Jess gets drunk and Nick comes and gets her. That was touching. I wish they would do a series together again.
    Yes, I love those scenes too on Episode 14 & 15 when Nick gets jealous of Jessica with the tall & handsome guy and yet he don't want to admit it until Jessica confessed how painful she was on all she had gone thru. Finally, Nick has to admit that he love & care for her and proofed his faithfulness to Jessica. I'm glad I bought the VCDs and I can watch it over & over again. Both of them have chemistry on this series.

I saw this series a long time ago and was planning on re-renting it some time. From what I can remember I thought this series was only okay. Then again I have a short memory. Well I remember one scene that I really enjoyed though.

It was the one where Nick dressed up as a thief and robbed something from everyone in the houshold to get them to hit him and they did cause you know they thought he was a thief. If I remember correctly he did this because he felt that he had done something wrong or whatever. Also the last episode was interesting. The one where Nick told Jessica that hteir child had been taken out and all. That was an interesting scene.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Also the last episode was interesting. The one where Nick told Jessica that hteir child had been taken out and all. That was an interesting scene.
    I don't remember that scene. I remember their child was mix up but taken out??

Originally posted by Buffy_85
    I don't remember that scene. I remember their child was mix up but taken out??
    On the last episode, Nick & Jessica had baby boy twins. One for Jessica's dad and the other for Nick's dad so that they don't have to "fight" for the new born baby. Each of them had one grandson.
    The mix up part is Jessica embroidered the twin babies name on their baby shirt so that their grandfathers do not mix up who is who's grandson since they look alike. Everyone tot it was a great idea and Nick praised his wife for being smart as always.

Nothing was taken out.

Lol, sorry for confusing you Buffy sis. What I meant was not exactly the last episode, but it was towards the end. This was when they were like still in the palace or wahtever and Nick was supposed bad and with all those bad guys. Jessica had fainted or something like that and when she awoken Nick had told her that their baby was taken out of her stomach and yeah. Maybe I'm imagining this scene, lol, but I'm sure something like this happened
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Goddess it was something like that. What actually happened was Nick (who was good but pretends to be bad) was challenging Jessica over who has the right to be leader of the *****? clan. Nick says that a girl can't be the leader then Jessica argues that her unborn child has the right to be leader. Someone (the bad guy?) says how does she know/prove her child will be a boy. Nick then suggests that they open her stomach and take the baby out. This was a good scene cas you don't know if Nick was good or bad and when he sugeested that I was shocked!, then Jessica drank the (divorce) wine.

And Bubcas, I think that they have chemistry too. (not as much as Louis). Another one of my favourite scenes is their wedding scene where Jessica kicks the door of that thing so hard and so does Nick and then she starts throwing plate and bowls at him. Isn't it bad luck to break stuff on your wedding day? and she broke so many. Very funny I love their expressions.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Default Whoa

I remember liking this series in the beginning but somehow the girl Jessica was engaged to....just sorta ruin the whole series for me. Probably a bad idea of letting a character ruin the series..but there were some scenes I didn't quite like...but I'm just listening to the themesong sang by Nick Cheung again and I remember liking the themesong a lot. It has a very nice beat and Nick's voice makes it even better. Although it's a bit modernish for a series set in the Ching period. But it's not bad.

Well...it's been three years since I've seen the series, so I remember too much of it but I remember there was something that I didn't like.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Hmm...

I'd sure want to see the trailer of this series again...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hehe, I downloaded a themevideo clip of this series awhile ago so its enjoyable to watch it onces in a while. Does any of you guys remember what happened to Kingdom and Cheung Kai Lok at the end? Didnt they like one another?

Hehe, thanks Sutisa for making it more clear. Hey, I was pretty close though
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hehe, I downloaded a themevideo clip of this series awhile ago so its enjoyable to watch it onces in a while. Does any of you guys remember what happened to Kingdom and Cheung Kai Lok at the end? Didnt they like one another?
    Kingdom & Chin Kar Lok got married in the end of the episode. I've been watching this series over & over again coz it had a good ending where everyone are happy. One of the rare TVB series coz sometimes the ending is either a question mark or everyone dies

Originally posted by bubcas
    Kingdom & Chin Kar Lok got married in the end of the episode. I've been watching this series over & over again coz it had a good ending where everyone are happy. One of the rare TVB series coz sometimes the ending is either a question mark or everyone dies
    So true.....So true....

Some of the best TVB series have all been ruined with bad endings like DIF4, Square Pegs, Secret of the heart, A matter of customs..... and for some bizzare reason they all have Jessica in it. Not happy (you should realise that I really like Jessica) so I think thats why I really like Game of deceit cas of the happier ending and they didn't rush it either so we know what happens to everyone.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Lol Sutisa!!! I agree!! I hate series where they is like an open or just dumb ending, espically when stars I like are in there!!!! Hmmm....Jessica was in Man's Best Friend and the ending was okay I guess. But I actually felt it wasn't a good enough ending!!! Anyways, back to the topic

hehe, dont' quite have anything to say so will do next time
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I'm not a fan of Jessica but i really love this series. Its so funny especially. Love him so much. I watch it over and over. Hopefully it will come out on dvd (viet version) then i will definitely buy it

i really luv this series.....so funny n enjoyable....
    red_rose164

Lol Sutisa!!! I agree!! I hate series where they is like an open or just dumb ending, espically when stars I like are in there!!!! Hmmm....Jessica was in Man's Best Friend and the ending was okay I guess. But I actually felt it wasn't a good enough ending!!! Anyways, back to the topic
    Your right about the ending of Man's best friend, they shouldn't have ended it like that with Louis, Jessica and Sammi on the boat. It was a bit pathetic. Well at least Jess and Louis ended up together.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Hehe, dont' want to turn this into a Man's Best Friend topic, but just a little reply.

Yeah, I really didn't like how Louis and Jessica got back together in the end. I'm somewhat confused on how they got back togehter you know. Cause they were fighting and then the dogs dig up something Jessica buried. How did that get them to be on same terms again? Another thing is I think that the three shouldn't have gone on the boat togehter even though its nice to hear that they are best friends and all. I still wanted a Louis and Jessica alone moment!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

this serie is some of the most interesting serie i saw from TVB. It is a really good serie.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

I'm planning on re-renting this series sometiem soon hopefully. Well its on the re-rent list....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.