Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nie Yuan

Did he played a good guy in Smart Kid? How big was his role in there? I learned not to rent any of Dicky Cheung series lately for his acting is the same. Ever since that Jorney to the West series with TVB, he acted like a monkey in all of his other series (apologies to any Dicky's fans, I used to be one of his fans ya know!).

Can hardly wait for new series from Nie Yuan. I think he's very talented actor. It'll be interesting to see him in a modern role though. What's his role in Wrong Wedding?

Thanks beepbeep for the link to "The Hilarious 8 Immortals". Wish I could tell if Nie Yuan had a big role in that serie. I heard that Nie Yuan did not end up with a girl in "The 4 Constables". The girl actually liked another guy. Can anyone confirm this?

In the "Smart Kid", Nie Yuan played a good guy (a prince). There is a subplot involving him and Dicky so his role was not minor. But I wish they had paired Nie Yuan with a different actress. His girlfriend in the show was very annoying. In my opinion, it was just an ok serie.

I have not seen Nie Yuan in any modern series either. But according to Tigercool, he did have one modern serie and one movie. Check the link below for more info:

http://video.tigercool.net/search.as...2&keyword=ƒÙ‘?

In the "Wrong Wedding", Nie Yuan was one of the male leads. He was supposed to marry a girl from another rich family. But due to a mix up, he married Huang Yi instead.

Thanks FaMoonLau for the info. I'll rent Smart Kid series now just to have another glimpse of my darling.

I don't think Wrong Weddings has make been dubbed in Viet yet. How long ago was that production?
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah

I heard it is about two years old but I don't know for sure. Check out some pictures at the Asian Phenomenon site under the Super Series section.

http://www.asianphen.net/

I agree with FaMoonLau, they should find someone else to pair with Nie yuan in The Smart Kid...for some reason I found her very annoying and plus the mole on her face/mouth just irritates the h_ll out of me....maybe it's just me..heheheh....

Mystery: Try this link http://www.apcollection.cjb.net ...You'll find pictures of "Wrong Wedding" and a short summary of the serie....Yeah, it was release in 2001, that makes it 2 years old and turning 3 this new year...

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Originally posted by beepbeep
    Hehe thanx xiaoqian. I'm looking forward to enjoying "Wrong Wedding."

I haven't seen the "The 4 Constables" yet, but it looks interesting. I know Nie Yuan plays the guy in the wheelchair. Hmmm, debating on whether to rent "Taiji Prodigy" or not. How big is Nie Yuan's role in the "Taiji Prodigy"?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/shen.jpg')
    No, beepbeep...he isn't the wheelchair guy in "The 4 Constables", he's the other one (Cold Blood) and he's not the main character....only appear briefly in and out in this series......

He doesn't have a big role, unlike Cha In Pyo, Rebecca and Wallace!

You be wasting your money if you want to watch this series only because of him!
    Cheers!!!!!!

No, beepbeep...he isn't the wheelchair guy in "The 4 Constables", he's the other one (Cold Blood) and he's not the main character....only appear briefly in and out in this series......
    wait wait wait. Which version are you referring to, Fallen Angel? are you talking about this one: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cts.com.tw/prog/drama/4mingbu/images/desk01.jpg') or this one: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/bo1.jpg'). The first one stars Peter Ho, Echo Shen, and Nie Yuan. The second one consists of Shui Ling and Rebecca Wang. Or is Nie Yuan also in the second one with Rebecca and Shui Ling?! . Here is the official site for the 1st "4 Constables" http://www.cts.com.tw/prog/drama/4mingbu/default.htm.

Mystery, this is another link to "Wrong Wedding" http://www.tvseriesfans.com/forums/s...?threadid=4288, maybe you could find what you are looking for.

Hey FaMoonLau, somebody found a Nie Yuan Fan Club site and I check it out. It has a bunch of snapshots of "Legend of Love", about like 4 pages. Don't know if you are interested, but here is the link to it http://club.netandtv.com/club/main.aspx?t=zp&id=281. Enjoy!

Very brief Profile of Nie Yuan. Ok, my chinese sucks to the core. I apologize for the very un-detail translation. Hopefully, somebody will do a much better translation.

Origin: East Mountain (direct translation, sorry guys I don't know the English equivalent to it)
    Born in: Kue Zhou Province
    Birthday: March 17th (and according to Lanie, his birthyear is '78)
    Sign: Pisces
    Blood Type: O
    Height: 179 cm
    Weight: 65 kg

Info taken from Nie Yuan Club (in Chinese).

-Thank you to the person who found Nie Yuan Club site, even though I don't know who you are.-

Thanks for the link, beepbeep. I stumbled across it myself this evening. I was checking out the actor section of www.tvseriesfans.com. They have a thread on Nie Yuan which includes a link to his fan club. Did you check out the snapshots from "The 4 Constables"? Do you think he ends up with the girl?

The snapshots from "Legend of Love" are quite interesting. Looks like the princess tried really hard to seduce the monk. But I assume that they don't get to stay together at the end. I also saw some snapshots from his modern series. I think he looks better in ancient series. Hope he will do more ancient series in the future.

Man, I just finished watching "Legend of Love" a minute ago. Man, that was one of most tragic series I've ever seen. It's so sad to the point, I can't sleep now. It sucks. Enough of that, more I think about it, the more glum I get.

Hmm, I did saw some of the snapshots for "The 4 Constables", but I haven't gone through all of them yet. I think I'm gonna do it right now . I haven't really read the synopsis yet, so I don't know how tragic is the love plot going to be, but I really extremely hope that, when I see the series, they will end up together. I need a remedy after watching "Legend."

I agree with you FaMoonLau. Nie Yuan does look better in ancient series. He looks great in modern clothes too, but I guess I got used to seeing him in ancient clothes so I kinda like him more in ancient series. His hairdo and costume in "Chinese Ghost Story" was dashing plus he looks more manly .

Does anybody know if Nie Yuan is coming out with any new series? Last I heard it was going to be another ancient series, but I could be wrong. Can anybody confirmed it, please? Thanks.

Thank you beepbeep & FaMoonLau for helping me finding more info on Nie Yuan. I am so obsessed with him. I actually went through 8 tapes of Smart Kid last night looking for him and the search was unfruitful. I have to continue my search once I get hom tonight. Will he become the King in the end of the series?

I don't think Wrong Wedding was ever dubbed in Viet in the U.S. Oh well, once I get into Vietnam for vacation on January, I'll rent the series over there. So far the sypnosis are not very satisfying 'cause it's not very detailed but thank you guys so much for all your hardwork!

Nie Yuan forever! Love him, love him, love him!
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah

Chocolate, do you know if the series Princess Huan Yi has a name in Viet so I can look it up when I am there in a few weeks . I heard that Wrong Weddings only shown on TV & not in video store, is that true? I hope not!

Which tape in Smart Kid does Nie Yuan show up, people?
    Huang Xiao Ming

Can't remember exactly which episode Nie Yuan first appeared in "Smart Kid". It has been a long time since I saw this serie. But I am guessing that it had to be the later half since Nie Yuan was sent to Dicky's school after Dicky met the Emperor. At the end, he did become the King.

After reading beepbeep's posting on "Legend of Love", I am now afraid to buy the serie. If you don't mind sharing, how did the story end? Did everyone die? Would you want to rewatch it in the future? I am not into sad/tragic series. But I really like Nie Yuan and want to see more series by him. It is so hard to find more info about him and his upcoming series.

I recently read a posting about "Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu", one of my favorite series from the 80s (with Damian Lau and Michelle Yim). They are remaking this serie in China and cast Huang Hai Bing as Zhang Dan Feng, the male lead. I was so disappointed. Wish they would cast Nie Yuan instead. Considering how well he acted in "The Chinese Ghost Story", I think he would make the perfect Zhang Dan Feng!

Originally posted by Mystery
    Chocolate, do you know if the series Princess Huan Yi has a name in Viet so I can look it up when I am there in a few weeks . I heard that Wrong Weddings only shown on TV & not in video store, is that true? I hope not!

can't remember... but it was around the middle
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those: 'It might have been.'" ~ Whittier

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

Originally posted by Mystery

Okay, the viet title is Hoai Ngoc Cong Chua...and yeah I heard Wrong Wedding ( Len Nham Kieu Hoa) only show on TV...but of course you can check it out once you're over there.

Originally posted by FaMoonLau
    Can't remember exactly which episode Nie Yuan first appeared in "Smart Kid". It has been a long time since I saw this serie. But I am guessing that it had to be the later half since Nie Yuan was sent to Dicky's school after Dicky met the Emperor. At the end, he did become the King.

After reading beepbeep's posting on "Legend of Love", I am now afraid to buy the serie. If you don't mind sharing, how did the story end? Did everyone die? Would you want to rewatch it in the future? I am not into sad/tragic series. But I really like Nie Yuan and want to see more series by him. It is so hard to find more info about him and his upcoming series.

I recently read a posting about "Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu", one of my favorite series from the 80s (with Damian Lau and Michelle Yim). They are remaking this serie in China and cast Huang Hai Bing as Zhang Dan Feng, the male lead. I was so disappointed. Wish they would cast Nie Yuan instead. Considering how well he acted in "The Chinese Ghost Story", I think he would make the perfect Zhang Dan Feng!
    Mystery: you're welcome

Actually, I don't mind telling you the ending, but I don't want to ruined it for others who are watching or going to watch it. You know, some ppl don't like spoilers until they seen it. How about I PM you the ending? How does that sound? I wouldn't mind watching this series again, but just not right now. This series can be a little overbearing especially if you watch other consecutive tragic series with it. I watched "A Chinese Ghost Story" earlier and right after that, I watched this. I was too much. But overall, I think its a nice series to keep and watch every now and then when the mood pops up.

Hey, have any of you seen Nie Yuan play a villian role before? (the one in "Chinese Ghost Story" doesn't count, he wasn't completely evil) I mean a really hardcore, bad-to-the-bone evil guy. Kinda like the character Joe Ma played in ATE (At the Threshold of Era) or similar to that. I think it would be quite interesting to see how he manages that kind of role. What you think?!

Thanks, beepbeep. That would be great. I don't want to ruin it for others either. I don't recall seeing Nie Yuan play a bad guy. But I have not seen all of his series either. Too bad, they don't have snapshots from "The Hilarious 8 Immortals" at the fan club site. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that he was the bad guy in that serie. But I forgot where I read that article so I can't reconfirm the info. I think he would make a great villian though since he expresses various emotions quite well.

You guys are so cool. Thank you so much for being so generous with the info. on my sweetheart. After went through 10 tapes of Dicky, I finally got to my darling. Gotta said that I"m so glad I saw Chinese Ghost first for the image of him in SK is not that great. I hope he'll be a better Emperor later on in the series. Right now, he's just an indecisive weakling. Please somebody tell me that'll change. Gotta siad, it's very sad for me to watch Dicky for he did not improve much. He was such a great actor several years ago. I don't really understand what happened to him.

Hopefully, Nie Yuan won't turn out to be like him.

Thank you everyone for your answer!
    Huang Xiao Ming

You are welcome, Mystery and thank you for starting the thread. I have also learned so much about Nie Yuan from this thread. Thanks eveyone for sharing the info. For people who are curious about "The 4 Constables", check out this thread:

http://www.tvseriesfans.com/forums/s...?threadid=4868

It has pictures and a summary of the serie. After reading the summary, I think it is quite interesting. At least, it does not look as sad as "Legend of Love".

As for Nie Yuan in "Smart Kid', he will become less whimpy later. But then, he gets together with that annoying girlfriend. That ruins the show for me.

Well, I will continue to watch his character grew up in Smart Kid and endured the ever endless unfunny jokes of Dicky and copied witty banter and wits from other people. Such a sacrifice and especially since he's not that great in this series. Sometimes, I think it's the scripts that make the actor. Nie Yuan has so much room to act in Chinese Ghost as opposed to Smart Kid. I often wondered if Dicky produced his own series for everything is all about him. I understand he's very popular in Mainland & Taiwan, tsk, tsk, tsk. They spoiled him.

Jess over at tvseriesfans.com just post several pictures of Nie Yuan there. He doesn't look that great in modern clothes, I guess he's make for period dramas.

And I have to agreed with the critic on Chinese Ghost. I much prefer his hairstyle in Chinese Ghost vs. Smart Kid. Another disadvantage in Smart Kid for NY was the actor who played his uncle. The other guy did a great job, with the right hairstyle and clothing. Do you guys know his names?
    Huang Xiao Ming