Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nie Yuan

Hey guys, do you know where I can buy some series at good cheap prices?! I tried yesasia.com but their prices are just wayyy out of my budget. I would like to get "Wrong Wedding."

On the other hand, I found some pix of another Nie Yuan series, its called "? Tang Hero" (I put the "?" there for now b/c I don't know the word before Tang). This series is 40 espoides long. It is based on a anime production with the same title.
    amine: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/anime.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/ny2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/ny3.jpg')

You could get pix at Nie Yuan Club as well. They are pretty much the same pix I got off of various sources. Anybody heard or seen this series yet? If you have, could you please tell me if it is any good? Thanks. Enjoy!

Have you tried Tigercool (video.tigercool.com)? The site is in chinese and sells mostly vcd. It has a lot of mainland series for about $1/disk. So, "Wrond Wedding" would cost about $20. They have a flat shipping fee of $4.99. Most titles are in Mandrin only. I have not ordered from this site myself. But other spcnet members have and seem to like their service. Hope this helps.

u can also try layoyo.com =)
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those: 'It might have been.'" ~ Whittier

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

Hehe thanks guys.

Errr FaMoonLau, would tigercool.com happen to have a english version site to it? can't find the tab for english .

i don't think they have an english site...

anyone know how long the series he paired up w. echo shen is?
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those: 'It might have been.'" ~ Whittier

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

Sorry, tigercool does not have an english version site. Which serie are you looking for? May be I can help you find it. I plan to order "The 4 Contables" with Nie Yuan and Echo Shen sometime in January. Don't want to get caught in the mad rush to ship the Christmas stuff. I am also thinking about getting "The 4 Constables" with Shui Ling and Rebecca Wang. Heard that it is quite funny.

I have ordered from Layoyo (www.layoyo.com) before. But the shipping is quite expensive. I only buy HK series from them since they have the best price even with the shipping charge. But for mainland series, I find that tigercool or even yesasia is much cheaper.

You mean "Legend of Love in Tang Dynasty", xiaoqian? Its 30 long agonizing epsiodes. That is in Chinese. Don't know how is it in Viet. Or are u refering to "The 4 Constables"? That is 40 espiodes.

Haha FaMoonLau, that's the series I'm looking for too. The same one as u, "The 4 Constables" with Nie Yuan and Echo Shen. I'm not sure about tigercool.com, but I checked at other sites, and "THe 4 Constables" is spilt into two parts. The beginning and end. Dun think they sell it as a whole from beginning to end, do they? ???

Unfortunately, that's how they package this serie. I am not sure if selling it as one package would make a big difference. At least at tigercool, they seem to charge by the number of disks anyway. I think you can get the serie in one package in the DVD format at yesasia although it is quite expensive. The other sites I visit all sell the VCD format in two parts.

What's the plot on Legend of Love in the Tang Dynasty? Is that the series where he dressed in warrior's clothing? Is it the same version that will featured Vincent Jiao?

I just finished watching Smart Kid and gotta said he did not fall short. Toward the end, the changes in him are remarkable. He looks much better with long hair than the short-hair style while he's at the school w/ Dicky. My dad was a little disgust because he thinks that all the series that Dicky starred in lately tend to glorify himself too much. Poor guy, that's probably the scriptwriters' faults.

Well, back to Nie Yuan. He perfected the role of a young prince who is forced to turn into an emperor and like they said "power corrupts." I did not like the girl who played his queen though. Her costume and hairstyle should change a little bit after she becomes queen but it doesn't look like she changed much at all. She kinda remind me of Joey Man. Another complaint is that they should arrange for him to have time to come back in the town as emperor or may be just get her into the palace without knowing him as the emperor and reveal later that he's. Would be more fun that way.
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah

Hey guys, "Wrong Wedding" is 20 espiodes right?! Just wanna make sure the series is not split into two parts like the "4 Constables."

Mystery: http://www.tvseriesfans.com/forums/s...?threadid=9770
    Snapshots of Legend of Love in Tang Dynasty
    Official Site (in Chinese).

The series is about the love hardships between Nie Yuan, who plays a monk, and the princess played by Echo Shen; and also throw in a couple of nasty sibling rivalry and polticial upheavals. Basically that's what the series is about. I'm not familiar with any of Vincent Jiao series, so I can't tell you for sure whether it is the version you're referring to or not. Sorry.

Yes, "Wrong Wedding" is 20 espiodes. There is only one part. At tigercool, the serie comes in dual languages (Mandarin/Cantonese).

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

I think he was a guest star in Emperor's Romance, he was the prince in Smart Kid right?
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Yup, (sorry for the spoilers)

Nie Yuan played the Crown Prince in Smart Kid, and younger brother to Dicky Cheung. He's a person w/o self-confident and very indecisive at first even though very dedicated and smart. In the end, with Dicky's help and his determination to win a girl's love, he was able to become a man and then an Emperor.
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

yea his character was really good. It was amazing when he found out Dicky was his older brother.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Season's Greetings to all fellow lovers of Nie Yuan. Wish you guys the best during this happy time. Looking forward to a new year with more of his talented actings and if in case you happen to surf the net and come into our thread:

The best to you Nie Yuan! We love your acting and your smile!
    Huang Xiao Ming

Originally posted by beepbeep
    You mean "Legend of Love in Tang Dynasty", xiaoqian? Its 30 long agonizing epsiodes. That is in Chinese. Don't know how is it in Viet. Or are u refering to "The 4 Constables"? That is 40 espiodes.

yeah i meant Legend of Love in Tang Dynasty... thanks... 30 agonizing episodes huh... lol...

merry christmas everyone!!

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

Isn't he that guy that used to be Huang Yi's boyfriend?
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

Isn't he that guy that used to be Huang Yi's boyfriend?
    I heard they dated, but then I don't know where I heard that info from ???. Lilgirl, do you know how long they dated? Merry Christmas and Happy 2004 everyone.

They dated for 2 years and had a good relationship. but he dumped her because he can't stand her being in show business because she acts with other guys.

Break-up

Lip Yuan can't stand Huang yi kissing anyone on the screen. His jealousy once again becomes active and somehow cause them to break up. When Huang Yi was shooting "Miracle", Lip Yuan decides to visit her out of a sudden. When he sees Huang Yi leaning on an actor's shoulder, his jealousy activates and said coldly, "your acting is very natural! Seeing that you're leaning on his shoulder." Then Lip Yuan went to order a cab and left. Lip Yuan was the one who asks for a break-up, he said to Huang Yi, "I want a girl who isn't aggressive in showbiz, I don't need a business-woman type of girlfriend." And as Lip Yuan asks for a break-up, Huang Yi cries heart-brokenly. A already skinny Huang Yi then lost 5lbs in one month.
    Last edited by Lilgirl; 12-26-03 at 02:59 PM.
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]