Page 1 of 48 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nie Yuan

Default Nie Yuan

I found him recently in The Chinese Ghost Stories. He portrayed a role of a young man with absolute power yet no corrupt. A filial son and a wonderful man to have in a girl life. Yet in the end, he turned evil due to the viciousness of men. I have not yet finish the series but so far he along with Jason Wu are the one who keep the story alive. Seemed like he's a newbie in showbiz so want to find out if there are any fellow fans in this forum that willing to share info on this talented actor!

He is in the Mainland series 'Legend of Love in the Tang Dynasty'. He portrays a monk who fell in love with a princess.

He is also in Wrong Wedding, The Four Constables, Ghosts, The Laughing 8 Immortals (not sure of the title), Flying Songs of the Tang Dynasty, Eternal Love. Errr, I don't know his profile, I heard his b-day is somewhere in March. Sorry, hope this helps.

Default Great actor

Nie Yuan was also in Taiji Prodigy as the young prince and in World Granary as the emperor. Have anyone seen "Legend of Love in the Tang Dynasty"? I am wondering whether to buy it. If you have seen it, can you let me know if it is good? Did Nie Yuan have a big role in it? Also, curious about "Flying Songs of the Tang Dynasty". What is Nie Yuan's role in this show?

I saw "Wrong Wedding" and it is quite fun. Nie Yuan played a totally different type of character from the one in "The Chinese Ghost Stories". He and Huang Yi had great chemistry in that show. I found a web site for him a while back (www.nieyuan.net). But it seems to be having some problems.

I'm watching the "Legend of Love in the Tang Dynasty" right now. So far, so good. He has a big role. He plays a monk who fell in love with the Tang princess, supposedly a true historical story I heard. Here's a website I found, but its in Chinese http://www.hnetv.com/zhuanti/datangqingshi/. As for the "Flying Songs of the Tang Dynasty", I think he plays the role of An Lu Shan's brother or son (not sure). http://www.whtv.com.cn/wlds/dsj/dtgf.htm. Its also in Chinese. Here is a pic I found recently on him, its in the "Flying songs" series.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/ny.gif'). Hope this helps

Could you tell me, what role he plays in "Wrong Wedding"? I'm debating whether to buy it or not. Thanks

Thank you for the info beepbeep. In the "Wrong Wedding", Nie Yuan plays one of the lead male characters, Chi Tian Lei (hope I got the name right). In the story, he is the youngest son of a rich family. He is supposed to be very sick and will die soon. But He is not really sick - just pretending so he can catch the bad guy. His character is very cheerful and funny. Nothing like the serious person in "The Chinese Ghost Story". I love the story of him and Huang Yi. They are just so cute together. I am debating whether to buy it myself. The version I saw came with chinese subtitle which was very helpful. But the ones I find on the web for sale don't have the subtitle. Are you planning to watch "Flying Songs of the Tang Dynasty"? I have heard bad reviews about it.

Really? I would think "Flying Songs" will be good since the cast is comprised of some very well-known Mainland actors, but then again, even the good actors do crappy series sometimes . I do plan on watching "Flying Songs", that is if I can get my hands on it. Are you? I would like to see "Wrong Wedding" instead, because the "Legend of Love" is rather depressing. I need something cheerful to even it out afterwards. There was a ancient series I heard about, I'm not sure what's it called, but Nie Yuan plays a Ching emperor. Is it "World Granary" you mention or a different one? Do you know what role he plays in it?

yup.. World Granary is the one where he played the emperor
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those: 'It might have been.'" ~ Whittier

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

Nie Yuan played the Ching Emperor (young emperor Chien Lung, I think) in the "World Granary". I saw a little bit of it and did not like it much. It was quite depressing. If you like something cheerful, you will probably like "Wrong Wedding". I am not sure if I will watch "Flying Songs of the Tang Dynasty". It is true that there are many well known mainland actors and actresses in it. But, the story does not seem interesting. If you can read chinese, you can go to Yesasia and read a short summary:
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...-all/did-3181/

Whoa, the princess seduce the monk . Sorry, ahh this "Legend of Love" is definitely going to be another sadistic story. I can sense it. Hey, you noticed that Nie Yuan acts in a lot of tragic series. I haven't seen a serie with him having a good ending yet. I'm hoping "Wrong Wedding" will prove me wrong. Thanks for the link for the "Flying Songs", it seems like another tragic story.

Would you happen to know any good websites of Nie Yuan? I try searching, but I ended up with a bunch of nonsense hits. Thanks.

don't worry.. Wrong Wedding will be very entertaining and happy
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those: 'It might have been.'" ~ Whittier

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

I found a web site called www.nieyuan.net. It was in chinese and it had a gallery section with picutures from many of his series. But the site does not seem to work now. Not sure what happens.

As for Nie Yuan acting in tragic series, may be it is because he plays emotional roles well. But his roles in series such as Wrong Wedding, World Granary and Taiji Prodigy are not sad ones. In fact, he is quite funny in Wrong Wedding. Have you watched The Four Constables? It is supposed to be a detective story. So, I assume that Nie Yuan's role is not a tragic one.

I hope he and Huang Yi would act in a serie together again. Really like them. Do you like the princess in "Legend of Love"? I am not familiar with that actress.

Hehe thanx xiaoqian. I'm looking forward to enjoying "Wrong Wedding."

Yea, I try his website but for some odd reason its not working properly. It did before.

I haven't seen the "The 4 Constables" yet, but it looks interesting. I know Nie Yuan plays the guy in the wheelchair. Hmmm, debating on whether to rent "Taiji Prodigy" or not. How big is Nie Yuan's role in the "Taiji Prodigy"?

Hmm, it's strange I haven't seen Huang Yi series before. I've seen pix of her and she is pretty. I can see why Nie Yuan fell for her. I kinda like the princess in "Legend", she's pretty too. Her name is Echo Shen Ao Jun. There is a pic of her below. I think they are rather compatible, but Echo seem a lil bit (not by much) taller than Nie Yuan. But otherwise, I think they are good. You know, now that I think about it, with Nie Yuan dashing looks, he looks good with any actress. But the one I thought he looked great with was the snow demon (Xia Yu Qiao) in "Chinese Ghost Story." Pity they didn't hook up.

Alright, I'm getting carried away. Do any of you know how old is Nie Yuan? Thanks.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/shen.jpg')

yeah i was hoping she'd end up with the snow demon too ::

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

Actually, Nie Yuan is not in Taiji Prodigy...I've watched that serie and I don't see him...He was in the Smart Kid with Dicky Cheung and he was the prince and Dicky Cheung brother in the serie...

Originally posted by beepbeep
    Hehe thanx xiaoqian. I'm looking forward to enjoying "Wrong Wedding."

Yea, I try his website but for some odd reason its not working properly. It did before.

I haven't seen the "The 4 Constables" yet, but it looks interesting. I know Nie Yuan plays the guy in the wheelchair. Hmmm, debating on whether to rent "Taiji Prodigy" or not. How big is Nie Yuan's role in the "Taiji Prodigy"?

Hmm, it's strange I haven't seen Huang Yi series before. I've seen pix of her and she is pretty. I can see why Nie Yuan fell for her. I kinda like the princess in "Legend", she's pretty too. Her name is Echo Shen Ao Jun. There is a pic of her below. I think they are rather compatible, but Echo seem a lil bit (not by much) taller than Nie Yuan. But otherwise, I think they are good. You know, now that I think about it, with Nie Yuan dashing looks, he looks good with any actress. But the one I thought he looked great with was the snow demon (Xia Yu Qiao) in "Chinese Ghost Story." Pity they didn't hook up.

Alright, I'm getting carried away. Do any of you know how old is Nie Yuan? Thanks.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/shen.jpg')
    Nie Yuan was born in 1978, so he is 25 this year.

Agree with you Echo is very pretty! I have not yet watched Legend of the Tang Dynasty with her and Nie Yuan but I saw her in Lotus Lantern with Jimmy Lin, they are cute too!

ooh Echo and Nie Yuan... haven't seen that yet but sounds goo d

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

Sorry about the confusion. chocolate is right. Nie Yuan was in the Smart Kid and not Taiji Prodigy. I got the two confused. I don't like the snow demon (Xia Yu Qiao) that much. She is cute but the chemistry is not really there, in my opinion. I am wondering if anyone have seen "The Laughing 8 Immortals"? What is Nie Yuan's role in that show?

Oh ok, so Nie Yuan is in the "Smart Kid", not "Taiji Prodigy". Thanks for the correction chocolate. You just saved me a couple of bucks.

Thanks Lanie for the info. Would you happen to know his exact b-day? I know its somewhere in March, just can't pinpoint which day is it.

I haven't seen "The 8 Immortals" yet, but I found a website on it, but it's not too detail and its in Chinese once again.The Hilarious 8 Immortals I'm guessing Nie Yuan will be one of the 8 Immortals?! There's a pic below. Nie Yuan is the one on bottom left (purple one)

I just found out that both Nie Yuan and Echo Shen are in "The 4 Constables", and they played a couple. Hehe, now I'm anxious to see it . Hey, any of you here, seen any modern series of Nie Yuan? Just curious if he acts in modern as well. Thanks.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/summo/immortal.jpg')

hmm i don't remember seeing him in any moderns...

-----------------
    "Little Tiger" is MINE!

Originally posted by beepbeep

Thanks Lanie for the info. Would you happen to know his exact b-day? I know its somewhere in March, just can't pinpoint which day is it.
    I only know his birth year, don't know the exact day, sorry can't help!