Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The legend of Eight Immortals

Yeah, her character was kind of annoying. All she can say was:

"Please love me. Why won't you love me?!!!"

or some variation of the above.
    Why are people only considered open-minded when they agree with your opinion?

Originally posted by Ky

i think it's amusing.

Originally posted by Ky

but you said it right, that was her character!

Her character is supposed to be... lovelorn...

Lol, who thought Steve looked hilarious at the beginning of the series with his beard and all?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I don't know why a lot of you don't like Steve. HE is a pretty good actor. I also like The LEgend of the 8 immortals overall. The scenery and all were really nice.. THe cast did a good job and the ending was good too. It is a lot better than a number of series I have watched recently...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I am one of the few, it seems, that liked this series (yeah, I admit it so sue me. ). The Mudan character was blah, but I still loved the costumes and scenery. I couldn't wait for the Mudan scenes to pass by so I could continue to watch the sparkily magic.

I don't hate Steve as much as other people. In his golden days as a slave for Qiong Yao, I thought he was pretty good. However, in more recent series, he's acting has become more exaggerated (either extreme rage or extreme sadness) and like someone said, he does have a habit of thumbing his nose. If he could tone it down again, his acting wouldn't be half bad.
    Why are people only considered open-minded when they agree with your opinion?

I agree! Steve isn't that bad!

To ky, I am another person that actually likes this series. I really love stories about gods and the heavens. That is one reason why I like the story of Feng Shen bang(not the one from TVB though since they messed the actual story up so much). Mu Dan was really annoying but she isn't the only aspect of the series. Which series is perfect right? I really liked the costumes, acting and scenery in this series. The ending was good too.I thought the ending was really good and satisfying.
    To Siryu, I am glad that you agree with me that Steve isn't that bad. Which actor is perfect right??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

see my opinion!

Originally posted by siryu
    I still think it's not really that bad, it's quite interesting to see how they all become god/goddess, and ... uh!!pls don't kill me!!! -- run away very fast --

I wonder if you guys know the singer and the title of the opening song! I really love it the first time heard it..

I don't think its the theme song, but there is a song in there that is sung by Panda Xiong.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Haha, I like Jerry & Yvonne... dislike Phyllis' role as Mudan >p

Originally posted by siryu

I wonder if you guys know the singer and the title of the opening song! I really love it the first time heard it..
    If I recall correctly, its titled Xiao Yao You (ç–—yŸà) As for the singer, I couldnt remember his name offhand.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Originally posted by Lingz13
    If I recall correctly, its titled Xiao Yao You (ç–—yŸà) As for the singer, I couldnt remember his name offhand.
    Thanks.. Lingz13! I really like it the first time I heard it.
    We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift, nor live at anchor (Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Default The legend of Eight Immortals

Did anyone see this movie, I just started watching this movie, what does everyone think?

Hehe, you can read my comments in the earlier pages, but I'll just restate to save you some time, hehe I thought it was a rather interesting story and I really liked Yvonne Lim in here!!! Vincent Ng was a good pair with her The casting was good except for Steve, but its all good. Also Phyllis' character was too much....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Default oh

I liked Yvonne Lim too, especially her charcter as the princess When does Yvonne meet Vincent?? Please give spoilers cause I'm half through the movie and can't wait to know what happends you know. I thought Steven was a pretty good actor just a but just a bit too extreme , I really like him in the white outfit. I though Phyllis character was sad but at the same time sorta annoyed by all those lovey dovey comments . I liked Jaquliene or the only female imortal out of the eight, I thought she looked pretty, and it's sad for the evil guy who liked her, I mean he really loved her and everything.

Saw this series when it was released on Channel 8. Oh how i disliked Lu Dongbin... couldn't stand him... Fairy Mudan just got on my nerves also... couldn't stand how dependant she is on others...

I liked He Xiangu the most in there... she made me a Jacelyn Tay fan. Until now, I still am a fan of hers, but probably not as enthusiastic as 5 years ago.. haha.

Btw... was Jerry Chang's character interested in He Xiangu? I'm rather confused here.
    -velvet_ice-
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Heheheh, glad to hear that you like Yvonne and Vincent together metoo I'm not exactly sure about what part those two meet, but I'm sure its pretty near the beginning. I think they met when Yvonne went with her student to browse the land and they went to the mountains where there was many monkeys living and there was Vincent. He then kept tagging along with her and all.

Still dont' like Steve. Phyllis overall is okay as an actress just that her character is so annoying in here. I really got sick at watching these two and their love relationship. I think you mean Jacylen right? Somewhere along that line. Anyways I like her a lot, her character was interseting. Yet I didn't like her as much towards the end as I did in the beginning for some reason. I know what you mean. That guy was really kind to her, he even tried to turn himself good, but too bad he had to go evil and all.

Hmmm....what kind of spoilers would you like to know about? Anyways here is one.
    SPOILER!!!!!!
    Yvonne and Vincent get a very good ending togehter They end up with one another and have eight children who look a lot like the eight immortals.

Gosh I envy you velvet ice!!!! I am really into Singaporean stuff at the moment and all so yeah. Lol, want to live in Singapore to see those series and so on!!! I dont' think so really. Cause to me Jerry's character always loved his wife the most, I think he was just very good friends with He Xiangu. Curious to know though, was the series trying to make Steve and Jacylen's character have something going together?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ooh..where do you live? i want to know the ending to htis serial cos i forgot! i like singapore sreials too..more of those earlier ones lah..later ones r onli ok...any of u remember the magnate or ah xue? i need sum synopsis