Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeak Fei and 9 Yin manual along with the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre

Default Yeak Fei and 9 Yin manual along with the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre

i was just wondering, while watching loch 94, yeak fei's manual that kwok jing possessed was a realli thick book. but then while watching hsds2000, the manual turned into a piece of paper with realli small handwriting.
    so i wanted to know whether it was like that as well in the original novels either. and if it was, then how can such a thick manual be stuffed into the heaven sword and dragon sabre, which are so thin. i know that paper is bigger and the writing is smaller, but its a whole manual!!! so can sum1 clarify it for me plz. =] =p
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Because in pre LOCH era, nano technology had been invented j/k

even though It doesnt make sense, just believe it.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

The writtens can be really really small. I once gone ito a museum, and there was on Chinese artifact where the characters were carved so small, many people probably need a magnifier to read the characters. The carver isn't human!
    Anyway, the papers might be quite big and folded many times until it could fit in the Sword and Sabre. Never go by adaptations visually!
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

but if u have a realli realli big piece of paper, then doesn't that mean that u have to fold it several times b4 its small enuf?
    then doesn't that mean it'll be extra thick? like have u ever tried to fold a pioece of a4 paper realli small, hoping it'll fit into sumfing? well the paper becums reall thick. so how will they fit into the heaven sword and dragon sabre?
    i still wonder very much about this.

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

But aren't there usually an especially fat middle for swords. And I'm sure it won't be hard for GJ and HR find a large paper that aren't extra thick.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I think the most difficult challenge isn't even the size (remember: Little Dragon Girl was able to stitch the Chinese characters for "I'm at the bottom of Passionless Valley" on the back of a bee, and in the real world, some Chinese artisans can carve your name onto a single grain of rice), but preventing the paper from burning upon contact with the molten blades of the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre as they were forged. The documents had to be loaded before the weapons solidified, but if so, they could not have survived the heat.

Wuxia chemistry and physics are beyond modern comprehension.

Just some information, there is no paper that can be folded more than 64 times, no matter how thin it is (try it out )

But the heavenly sword's blade is long. I can easily fit 20 A4 pages of theory in an A5 cheating paper , so I bet GJ and WY can fit a few pages of words in a piece of paper/perkament that is as long as the heavenly sword.

No problem with the dragon saber of course. More than enough room to spare to write down the Encarta Encyclopedia.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Wuxia chemistry and physics are beyond modern comprehension. [/B]
    They probably used perkament or something that schrunk when heated. Or just forced lotsa chi into those piece of paper

Default A possible solution

One possible way to prevent the paper from burning is to fill the cavity with things that are heat resistant material (engineers and scientist ppl help me out), This will retard the heat transformation. Of course, you can also pre-treat the paper with heat-retarded material. Plus once the forging is near completion, quickly put cool substances onto the forged sword i.e. water to cool it down.

Otherwise, complete the forging of the sword but leave some hole, the put the manuals in, and just fill in the whole. Less material needed to forge, less heat, less risk of fire.

Ramblings,
    Han Solo

Good answer from Han Solo.

The whole of the Heavenly sword's blade could be hollow up to the hilt without necessarily compromising the structural strength of the sword.

The manual could then be inserted along it's length before the hilt is attached. Similarly for the Dragon sabre.

Or have a small flat metal case to stuff the paper in first. Then layer the xuan tie metal thin layer by layer over the metal case.

could it be in the handle of the swords, maybe. was it written in the novel of it being in the sword blade itself.
    JUST HERE TO ANNOY!!!!

It is in the blade.

Also remember, it is mentioned somewhere ( don't ask ) that Huang Rong edited the manuals, only taking 'parts' she thought essential and discard the non-essentials.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Actually no. There were two version of 9 Yin in the sword. A complete version and a "quicky" version that HR wrote up. Both were there.

Both were there? Never read about that in any of my books. But mine are translated by local translator, he probably left that out.

Anyway, magnificent... HR is a very smart one, probably invented heat-resistance microchip to fit in.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Originally posted by SolidSnake
    Both were there? Never read about that in any of my books. But mine are translated by local translator, he probably left that out.

Anyway, magnificent... HR is a very smart one, probably invented heat-resistance microchip to fit in.
    local translator? english? Any chance this translation could make it's way on Spcnet?
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

It's in Indonesia language.
    Other than the obvious editting, to make matter more difficult, the translator is Fuchienesee, so the names and all stuffs get really Fuchien-feel. Like Guo Jing is translated to Kwee Cheng, Huang Rong to Oey Yong, etc.
    Plato

Originally posted by SolidSnake
    Also remember, it is mentioned somewhere ( don't ask ) that Huang Rong edited the manuals, only taking 'parts' she thought essential and discard the non-essentials.
    So wouldn't the 9 Yin become the uncompleted one Mei Chao Feng got and makes one ugly? Is that why Zhou Zhi Rou went nuts?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by charbydis
    So wouldn't the 9 Yin become the uncompleted one Mei Chao Feng got and makes one ugly? Is that why Zhou Zhi Rou went nuts?
    Not really. MCF had HALF of 9 yin. HR edited the FULL version (if that is true). So it's still the full 9 Yin, just streamlined
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

wow, u guys noe so much about all this. i just hope that hsds can get translated quicker in the wuxia translations section so i can read all about this. the book would be a great reference.

also, can i ask how many pieces of papers each weapon had in the actual novel. thx =] =p

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---