Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guo Jing at the beginning of ROCH

Default Guo Jing at the beginning of ROCH

At the beginning at ROCH, Guo Jing had quite a fight with West Venom AYH, and as a result, they are both injured, however there are two points to make :

1 - GJ was holding back because he was trying not to hurt other innocent people when fighting AYH.
    2 - GJ was able to recover faster than AYH due to his 9 Yin Inner Power training since LOCH.

So we can conclude that at the beginning of ROCH. GJ is better than AYH with his reverse 9 Yin training.

Since AYH = H7Q during their last fight to the death, which happens several years later, and assuming 9 Yin and QZ training will only make GJ's inner power greater and better over the years, we can also assume that GJ is better than those two Greats.

When GJ fights with GWM, it is stated that GWM had better inner power cultivation but GJ has a better techniques (with 9 Yin off course).

Now that leaves us the question... How great is Guo Jing at the beginning of ROCH, compared to South Emperor Yi Deng, East Heretic HYS, and his sworn brother CBT ?

And what about with GWM, GJ has a better technique, so does it mean that he is about equal to GWM or better ?

Default Re: Guo Jing at the beginning of ROCH

Originally posted by Temujin
    When GJ fights with GWM, it is stated that GWM had better inner power cultivation but GJ has a better techniques (with 9 Yin off course).
    I think it just said that GWM have 20 years more of internal cultivation. It didn't actually said stronger.

Personally, I would rate all the Greats at the begining of ROCH all about equal. ANd I think since it was said that GJ and GLFW will need over 1000 stances to decide the victor, I would think GJ is better than him.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Personally, I would rate all the Greats at the begining of ROCH all about equal. ANd I think since it was said that GJ and GLFW will need over 1000 stances to decide the victor, I would think GJ is better than him.
    How can that be ?

We all know that among the 4 greats... Yi Deng has the best inner power and CBT was somewhat slightly better than the 4 of them at the end of LOCH.

The 4 original Greats were pretty much equal most of the time really. ZBT is probably slightly better, and that's about it.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

The 4 original Greats were pretty much equal most of the time really. ZBT is probably slightly better, and that's about it.
    It is mentioned that YD has slightly better inner power than the other 3 greats.

Was it mentioned specifically?

Was it mentioned specifically?
    It's either mentioned or implied somewhere in the novel. I don't remember where exactly, and I believe one of our Experts from Wuxia Discussion Forum mentioned it also.... YD has slightly deeper inner power cultivation than the other 3 Greats.

Experts please verify.

But let's go back to the original topic, just exactly how strong and powerful is Guo Jing at the beginning of ROCH ?

Since GJ fought to a draw with OYF in that situation, we should be able to conclude that he it at least on par. Probably have the advantage with his younger age.

Actually someone from the Wuxia Discussion Forum posted a quote from the novel ...

"The heroes of the Central Plain, all knows that GJ's martial arts is excellent. Plus he is young and strong, and probably can be considered the best martial art in the world. At this time, even his master HQG MIGHT not even be stronger than him".

.... note ... the word PROBABLY and MIGHT

IMHO, at the beginning (until about 3-4 years after the start of ROCH) of ROCH, GJ is probably in the top 2. Clearly he's above North Beggar and West Venom, if he was fighting at a disadvantage with West Venom but can still match AYF and recovered faster... and West Venom = North Beggar.

and I have a feeling with his 9-Yin, 18 dragon subduing palms, vacant fists, L-R techniques, and QZ inner power cultivation, plus peach blossom island Kung Fu, he's clearly in the number 2 spot. The only other person that could overpower him is probably CBT. GWM is probably just about equal or slightly below GJ even with his more superior inner power.

The only other person that could overpower him is probably CBT.

I might give Gou Jing a little edge. Besides knowing all the martial arts that ZhouBoTong knows he also knows 18 palms, plus the complete 9 yin plus peach blossom, plus his young. Their inner power is roughly the same, so it comes down to techniques, and experience. ZBT have been known to love to fight and would pick fights just for the hell of it. So he has a lot of fighting experience. GJ is no slouch either. From LOCH to ROCH, GJ have fought no one under 1st class fighters. And if he does fight under first class fighters, its usually with multiple fighters. Heck, he even took on multiple greats before!

So I give the edge to GJ.

Is it a fact that their inner power is roughly the same??

I always just wondered that because GJ is so young, he can't possibly catch up to 30-40 years of inner power that they have over him. Maybe his techniques and youth give him some advantage, along with reaction time. I find it hard to believe martial arts geniuses like HYS and OYF, who devote their entire life to martial arts, will let some bumbling youngster catch up to them in all fields of martial arts so quickly.

I think GJ is probably around them in internal energy. The palms that he exchanged with OYF seems to be at least equally as strong and Toad Stance is equal to HL18Z. It won't be impossible when he trained under 9 Yin. YG was able to catch up to the Greats.

Bleh its kindda unfair that a dolt like GJ can catch up to geniuses who devote their entire lives to martial arts.

Originally posted by tape
    Bleh its kindda unfair that a dolt like GJ can catch up to geniuses who devote their entire lives to martial arts.
    Gwok Jing wasn't the smartest person around, but one shouldn't accuse him of lacking dedication. It was *precisely* his extraordinary dedication that allowed him to reach levels that had been attained only by a handful of others who had much greater natural intelligence than he did.

I understand that, but of the 4 Greats, I'd bet that at least HYS and OYF had just as much dedication as he did. CBT may not have had as much dedication, but he was forced to practice for lack of anything better to do for almost 20 years straight at Peach Blossom Island. Their great intelligence + natural martial arts skills + 30 extra years of practice should equal more than whatever GJ could muster up.

GJ had natural martial arts skills + his determination to avenge the death of his father + 9 yin + and just good ol stupid bull headedness .
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Originally posted by tape
    I understand that, but of the 4 Greats, I'd bet that at least HYS and OYF had just as much dedication as he did. CBT may not have had as much dedication, but he was forced to practice for lack of anything better to do for almost 20 years straight at Peach Blossom Island. Their great intelligence + natural martial arts skills + 30 extra years of practice should equal more than whatever GJ could muster up.
    So what have the other geniuses done ?

Huang Yao Shi ? Sitting on his arse on a remote island whinging about the world and doing his gardening ?

Ou Yang Feng ? Spending most of his time in some cave far away in Xinjiang, and when he came back to Central Plain he became a crazy man ?

Yideng ? A very smart man that got into some silly lovesick and wasted his life suffering for nothing ?

Who gives a shit if GJ isn't bright. Look at his achievements. Mostly his own hard work, and just a bit of luck. The "street-smart" thing that people like Yang Guo has is mostly useless anyway. Might be fun to have when you're a kid, but look at how Yang Guo's being funny has got him into endless troubles because he thought he was too much smarter than others that he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

I assume that you're very bright too. Hope you can achieve something meaningful in life.
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

uncalled for
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

It is really possible to achieve martial arts at Great level when you're young. Like YG, GJ, ZMK, XF, DY, XZ. When you have superior martial arts, sometimes you can catch up very fast. GJ has a natural talents for martial arts already. Plus the combat concepts of 9 Yin, and internal energy, it won't be too surprising that he catch up. The interanl cultivation in the manual is quite more advance than the ones the Greats practice. With his dedication and the manual, why is it not possible for him to catch up. I feel that YG almost beating GLFW using the Iron Sword with only a few months of practice unfair, but he did.