Thread: Some questions concerning Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's early days together

Default Some questions concerning Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's early days together

I've got a few questions about Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's early days together:

1. How long had Wong Yung been wandering around in mainland China before she met Gwok Jing? In other words, how much time had passed between her departure from Peach Blossom Island and her first encounter with Gwok Jing?

2. In what city or town did Gwok Jing and Wong Yung first meet? Gwok Jing had just come to China for the first time from Mongolia, and was on his way to Ga Hing Village. How did Wong Yung end up in that same town?

3. At the time when Wong Yung first met Gwok Jing, how good were her martial arts skills relative to the Gong Nam 7 Freaks?

does any1 have the answer to #3? im curious too
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    does any1 have the answer to #3? im curious too
    when they first met, HR's MA was just a little bit superior to that of any ordinary person so certainly she was weaker than the Freaks.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    when they first met, HR's MA was just a little bit superior to that of any ordinary person so certainly she was weaker than the Freaks.

HR at that time was able to play around the collected retinue of WangYan HongLi with the exception of OYK. So it is certainly possible that HR may be better in martial arts than some of the Jian Nan 7.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Huang Rong was not that weak,i thought she knew the flower palm skill.

Quote Originally Posted by JusTea242
    flower palm? what is that?

err descending leaves flower palm?

err descending leaves flower palm?
    i dunno, it could be called flower palm, i never read the novel. i juss found the name to be funny

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    HR at that time was able to play around the collected retinue of WangYan HongLi with the exception of OYK. So it is certainly possible that HR may be better in martial arts than some of the Jian Nan 7.

Han Solo
    at that time, HR was rather good in lightness kungfu, she had the porcupinish solf armor and intelligence, furthermore, none of Wangyan's lackeys HR with all his power so even though inferior to some Wangyang's lackeys, she was able to tease them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar
    flower palm? what is that?
    Tao Hua Luo Ying Zhang, the Palm Technique which looks like falling Peach Blossom Petals while being performed, created by Huang Yaoshi.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 03-07-07 at 08:46 AM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    2. In what city or town did Gwok Jing and Wong Yung first meet? Gwok Jing had just come to China for the first time from Mongolia, and was on his way to Ga Hing Village. How did Wong Yung end up in that same town?
    I believe the name of the town that Guo Jing met with Huang Rong is Kalgan, mentioned in Ch7: Joust To Find A Spouse. It is said that Kalgan is a crossroads of commerce between the South and the North. It is a small city, but lively as it is the center of of the region(gee, anyone care to tell which region is this?), mostly of fur trade.
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-08-07 at 04:56 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Tao Hua Luo Ying Zhang is also one level inferior to Subduing Dragon 18 Palms and Sad Palms. Must be me but the name "descending leaves flower palm" makes me think of para para...

She already knew a wide range of skills and techniques from her father but she never practised hard because she wasn't passionate about martial arts and she was playful. She was also young so her internal strength was weak.

In the chapter where she and GJ met H7G for the first time he told them to demonstrate their abilities and she was switching between many skills to hide her identity... but of course H7G could guess her background just by observing her style.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    I believe the name of the town that Guo Jing met with Huang Rong is Kalgan, mentioned in Ch7: Joust To Find A Spouse. It is said that Kalgan is a crossroads of commerce between the South and the North. It is a small city, but lively as it is the center of of the region(gee, anyone care to tell which region is this?), mostly of fur trade.
    Hebei province, near Beijing.