Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Hockey Team

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i think the canucks mite host an outdoor game next yr, if its true im SO there!
    u want slather back!?!?!?!? look what he did to the NYR! yikes
    basically a chimp can coach the 80s oilers to 5 cups. i give the oilers scouting teams lots of credits for drafting messier, lowe, anderson, etc, and the signing of gretzky was a no-brainer, so really slather didnt do anything special. (its harsh but true)

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

I don't know, but I still think hes better than MacTavish for sure, maybe if Bowman comes back it'll be good for the Oils to get him? But I'm not sure, I'm sure that MacTavish is not that great.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

you know we should just start a whole section under sports for hockey, for all the canadian and american fans, won't that be great.

I don't know, i'm kinda biased because i like Glen Slather. ...maybe he's losing his touch. I agree with trizz251, i would love to see him coach the oilers.

I didn't go the outdoor game held here; it was very expensive. I'm a hockey fan but i'm also very stingy.

Trizz251 - I'm currently attending the UOfA. How about yourself? It's nice to meet a fellow hockey fan and a bonus to meet an Edmontonian. Lol... you better not be a Flame fan.
    where art thou prince? i want to wake up!

a new thread is a great idea, i would love to chat hockey w/ american hockey fans too.
    haha, it'll be funny if trizz is a flames fan, dat would bring some awesome arguements from u guys.
    i agree dat MacT is horrible (still cant believe the doug weight trade!!) but slater is actually worst IMO, he ran the oiler dynasty into the ground in 4 yrs after gretzky left. i think keenan will be a good fit for edmonton tho, hes really good w/ building a team from ground up, just look at what he did for the canucks and panthers.

hey is MacT messes with us one more time causing us some big damage than we really need to start from grounds up. Oh ya zzzbeauty, I'm still in high school lol. And maybe the oilers loss their touch back then (after the Gretzky trade) is maybe it's becuase most of the player froms the Edmonton Dynasty got traded away. cause we did won one more year after the loss of Gretzky.

ahhh...to be in high school again...i miss high school; enjoy it while you can Trizz251.

I think we should change the topic to just hockey so other hockey fans can join us in this thread; not just limited to Canadians. Lol... I think it would fun, especially if we're not supporting the same team.

Yes I agree, I think we shouldn't just limit it to Canadians. What you think about the game when Edmonton and Atlanta got into a big fight, but we still won 5-1. And Detroit just lost all their best best goalies. lol.

was that the first goalies fight of the season?? man, edm and atl are developing a nice little rivalry there, ever since dat game kovalchuk was caught with a illegal stick and score a breakaway goal right after his penalty expired. too bad they arent in the same conference

That was one of the Oilers best game. That was the first time that i ever saw an Oiler's goalie drop his gloves to fight. The starting goalie was injured late in game and the backup goalie had a game misconduct. Lol... that was awesome...the Thrashers had no goalies. I wished we had more games like that.

but it's too late we just lost to Minnesota 3-0 that was devastating.

I know we've been losing, and losing and losing. Just when i thought we would get better; we got worse.

My fave team right now would be Vancouver because they might have a chance in winning the cup.

if naslund is out for a month, the canucks mite not even make the playoff, calgary mite catch up to us
    hopefully naslund will be back soon and playing like he was b4 the injury.

ya i would go for vancouver rite now in the west and leafs in the east, but look at all those players in toronto it's crazy it's like a all satr team.

ottawa is more like the allstar team now that they got bondra, leafs is like an allstar team of the early '90s

they got bondra when was that was that recently, cause I didn't know a thing about it.

Ottawa really want to do something good in the playoff not like what happened last year that was disappointing.

if they really wanna do sumthing in the playoff, they should get a new goalie. lalime looks very shaky this season. plus they need more toughness to battle against the leafs and devils.

Speaking of goalies how do you think Theodore is shaping up to be in Montreal, I still don't think he's playing his best. And how did Pheonix got rid of Burke to Philadelphia, that's just gonna make them stronger and run our teams (Canadian) out of the race, I think if Ottawa got him we COULD be stronger.